Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 30, 2013 10:26 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/rLAjPSW.png
Oh snap!

>Dat Miyano talking innocently with Rui's body
Oh baby

He wants to create a Neo-Hundreds with Umeda. With the "additions" Bk made to CROWDS they probably look like monsters now.

Sugane and Utsutsu's development is definitely showing this episode, even PaiPai opened up a bit at the end.

I wonder if Rui will make it into the kindergarten next week, he looked like he was at the entrance.
VioLinkAug 30, 2013 9:20 PM
[center]
Aug 30, 2013 11:17 AM
Dec 2012
Confusing yet interesting episode. I failed to understand Hajime again. Her idea really works? Curious to see what she and Umeda are going to do in next episode.
Aug 30, 2013 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
Glad to see that Joe's okay, and that the other Gatchaman are starting to open up.
The Gatchaman go public, and Katze takes over X by taking the form of Rui's body.
I'm interested in what Katze has in store with Umeda on his side, and the "Neo Hundred"

The OST this episode was pretty good. This song definitely caught my attention haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPtb7bV7jl4
Aug 30, 2013 12:33 PM

Jun 2012
OD's facade being slowly being unveiled. Can't wait to see it all out in the open in these final episodes.

The thing about this show that's a positive/negative but mostly positive for me is the show is always talking in riddles as Hajime says about Berg Katze. Things aren't as they appear and you have to really dig into the dialogue and contextualize it with the events happening in the show. Loads of that happening this week, I had to rewatch some sections at times to get what the characters were REALLY saying
HybridMBLAug 30, 2013 12:36 PM
Aug 30, 2013 12:54 PM

May 2013
Pai-Pai playing with the kids lol.
Aug 30, 2013 1:31 PM

Nov 2011
Hajime is sooo full of energy~

Holy shit, I feel sorry for Rui this episode. The episode was cute though I guess. Hajime showing off to those kids @ the Kindergarten was amusing :3

I don't much else to add this one except the part about the 'grave' said by the little girl at the end. I sense something ominous coming soon.
Aug 30, 2013 2:45 PM

Jul 2013
Hajime's plan was actually pretty effective, but I wonder what BErg has in store since he has control of X, and I also wonder what happened to Umeda considering his daughter was making a grave for him, which I find to be strange. But Rui really has no where to turn to, I'm not even sure how he'll be of much assistance to the Gatchaman since he doesn't have Crowds nor X, probably Hajime will think of something. I can't wait to find out what happens next.
Aug 30, 2013 3:00 PM

Aug 2012
I get the title of the anime now, CROWDS vs Gatchaman...
Like how they ended it with the child and grave sign.

So what i learn is:
OD his previous planet was destroyed. And that he is his half-human.

Hajime goes straight to the source for an answer to Berg's riddle. He speaks and acts like a child, why not ask a pack of preschoolers. Interacting with them provides the entire team with an insight to solving the riddle.
Aug 30, 2013 3:02 PM
Apr 2013
Oooooh crap, poor Rui-Rui lost his Crowds and X now.....I wonder why was he staying over at No.26's though :o

That aside, I think this debunks the "X is evil" theory because X is just as clueless that Berg Katze took over Rui's body at that time so I think theres hope that Rui will eventually get X back in the future.

Why do I sense a imminent Death Flag for O.D coming this time?.....please don't let him die, he's too fabulous to die ^ A ^ Still, its great to see that Jou is still alive just a bit shaken from his battle with Katze :D

And yet again, Hajime proves that somehow her way of doing things is just so insane that it actually works - even Berg Katze just seems to be saying his last line out of spite, I think he actually felt a bit threatened by Hajime a bit there.

I hope (the real) Rui-Rui manages to get over the the Kindergarden fast and meet up with the Gatchaman, maybe he will be Gatchaman #102 this time? Since JJ unveiled a yellow bird with blue spots on its wings in episode 5 following Hajime's white bird...
FreqnAug 30, 2013 3:06 PM
Aug 30, 2013 3:10 PM
Jul 2009
45Ravager said:
I also wonder what happened to Umeda considering his daughter was making a grave for him

That's not Umeda's daughter. Look at her hair.

Rui-Rui said:
I wonder why was he staying over at No.26's though

That's not 26's daughter. It's another kid. And Rui meets her outside the kindergarten Hajime and the other Gatchas were at.
Aug 30, 2013 3:19 PM
Apr 2013
^ Now that you mentioned it, they do look a different....I guess thats one of the unluckier 96 that got massacred in that last episode :/

Wait, Rui-Rui was already there by the kindergarden? Oooooh sweet, I wonder what is going to happen in the next episode now that he is there - wonder why he didn't enter though, it looked like he was about to leave until he saw the child so maybe that would be the turning point for him to face Hajime? Damn...being Rui-Rui is suffering lol XD

Oh lol, they used Track 17 in this episode...I still find that to be one of the more hilarious theme considering its like Techno Opera XD XD

Neo Crowds vs Gatchaman...well I guess in a sense Berg Katze is using Crowds against Rui-Rui now, just not the way I thought it would have gone, I wonder if he will fix that "Kill the Crowds, Comatose the Host" thing with the Neo 100? Though I kinda doubt he will, he will probably just give them a HP+ and Power+ or something....

I'm all for Umeda and another 99 people dying though if Berg Katz chose them :D :D
FreqnAug 30, 2013 3:40 PM
Aug 30, 2013 3:42 PM

May 2012
Yo did anybody else noticed as soon as Hajime came in and threw them chopsticks and that insert song came on. Shit got real from that point on. Love this episode, expect the parts with Rui. The pre-school thing was fun and a smart idea. My girl Hajime rocks.

P.S. if you know what that song is please pm it to me. Thank you.
Aug 30, 2013 4:32 PM

Mar 2010
LOL. I repeated the transformation scene 5 times and still feel excited about it.
Aug 30, 2013 4:33 PM

Dec 2009
Another great episode. Really nice seeing the development of the characters shine through like this.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 30, 2013 4:36 PM
Aug 2013
very good episode! hajime is the best ♥
Aug 30, 2013 5:11 PM

May 2012
That end... will only make my Rui-Rui more depressed :(
Aug 30, 2013 5:18 PM

Jan 2012
I'm sorry but Hajime has been getting on my nerves. She seems like she has no breaking points, no handles, no plan but by some chance it always works out for her. I would like to see her make a decision that doesn't work out the way she intended and as a result someone loses their life or something goes horribly wrong. She is just too perfect. On the other note, I like her as a character for the same reasons, her perfection is almost mysterious. I want to know more about her. Has she ever had a bad day in her life? The day she becomes sad is the day this show starts to get real as in deep as in dark.
Aug 30, 2013 5:37 PM

Oct 2012
Okay, it's quite interesting to see that Hajime is now practically the leader. Even the Public acknowledges her as the leader. It seems like OD is going to be making his move really soon. This was quite a fun episode, but at the same time there seems to be a serious side to it as well as everything is building up to the clash between the Crowds and the Gatchaman and I can hardly wait.

Paiman's suit was also added to the end of the OP which is kinda cool.
Aug 30, 2013 5:40 PM
Apr 2012
That episode was OK.
The plot has progressed but not much entertainment.
Aug 30, 2013 5:47 PM
Aug 2011
VioLink said:
Oh baby

mmmhmmmm.

Hajime just runs the show now and the others don't even mind anymore. Look at Pai Pai getting along with the kids.

I guess OD is going to be leaving us soon.
Aug 30, 2013 5:52 PM

May 2011
The doom for OD is almost so clear I'm inclined to believe maybe he will live and someone else will die. I don't know if I want a happy or sad emote for that. D: And, yeahh, I feel pretty bad for Rui, I don't know how he's going to feel comfortable meeting with Hajime now. D:
Aug 30, 2013 6:01 PM
Apr 2013
O.D is too fabulous to die in the series...but I guess it has to done if his sacrifice can stop Berg Katze :(

@above - Yeah...poor Rui-Rui, it must be pretty awkward to face Hajime now that his plan is almost completely destroyed....

-------------------
But damn, since he can't get back to his apartment, doesn't that mean he can't change into that awesome LOAD GALAX outfit anymore? D: Why can't he just like appear in front of X and try to convince her that he is the real Rui-Rui - I mean surely there must be some way for X to recognize him besides his DNA....
FreqnAug 30, 2013 6:17 PM
Aug 30, 2013 7:07 PM

Nov 2012
Glad Joe didn't die.

Sensed OD's death flag when he said goodbye to Utsutsu?And cause the episode partially focused on him?

The Gatchaman reveal themselves to the public by visiting a preschool.And spent most of their time gaining publicity.Hajime eventually calls out Load for help defeating Katze.

Katze stole X and Galax from Rui.And created the Neo-Hundreds and left them in Umeda's care.

First possible death caused by Galax too.Texting and walking,didn't noticed stairs and died(wouldn't be the first time this happened XD).

VioLink said:
Oh baby
^This,especially the scene he was talking to X,it was strangely hot^^
Aug 30, 2013 7:51 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Coming out to the public seemed like it would be a very bad idea.
Aug 30, 2013 8:15 PM

Oct 2012
>Od: "dont touch my boobs"
gave me a giggle.

so is this some new madoka?
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Aug 30, 2013 8:52 PM

Feb 2013
I believe Berg's plan is to wreak havoc through GALAX and the Crowds. I like what Rui was trying to do with GALAX, but things are getting bad when people stop seeing the need for anything else. The Gatchaman needed to reveal themselves so that humanity knows who to turn to when that system is compromised and the world starts to go up in flames. Which isn't just the Gatchaman, but who are people going to listen to when things seem to be going so well?
Aug 30, 2013 8:59 PM

Oct 2009
Itermin8rX said:
>Od: "dont touch my boobs"
gave me a giggle.

Lol. It tickles me too.

Marenwynn said:
I believe Berg's plan is to wreak havoc through GALAX and the Crowds. I like what Rui was trying to do with GALAX, but things are getting bad when people stop seeing the need for anything else. The Gatchaman needed to reveal themselves so that humanity knows who to turn to when that system is compromised and the world starts to go up in flames. Which isn't just the Gatchaman, but who are people going to listen to when things seem to be going so well?

Yes, I think that is Hajime motive on going public. Just like what she said to Rui too, Hero is still needed in this world, as someone to look up to, but most of all, as someone to carry all the burden of hope.
azzuReAug 30, 2013 9:03 PM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Aug 30, 2013 9:13 PM
Apr 2013
Something interesting I just realized - back in a previous episode where Rui had that dream/flashback thing about Berg Katze we saw that when the camera panned on him after the few clips of the Crowds being used destructively, it showed Berg Katze's smile for a moment on his face before switching back to Rui, and just this episode he got his form taken over by Berg Katze, foreshadowing coming true?

I am too sure how Berg Katze is going wreck havoc through GALAX considering most of GALAX is controlled by X and I doubt X would be that obvious to notice any change if Berg Katze starts to do something unlike the real Rui, and Berg Katze doesn't look like he has any ability over technology expt from making traffic lights go willd.

----------
And apparently towards the last part when OD was refering to Berg Katze, the way he said "Katze" seemed almost sentimental and like he knew him as a friend in the past - I wonder if thats why Berg Katze was able to escape their battle before...
FreqnAug 30, 2013 9:55 PM
Aug 30, 2013 9:55 PM

Apr 2012
Hajime didn't annoy me as much this episode.

So glad we got to know more about OD, but I really want to know about JJ. :B He's kinda disappeared.
u gay
Aug 30, 2013 10:14 PM

Jan 2009
OD got a death flag on this episode
Aug 30, 2013 10:39 PM

Aug 2013
mixed feelings, first I feel relaxed and all bc of them with little kids then I'm being srs and shit bc of Katze
BUT DAMN THAT OD'S DEATH FLAG, NOOOOOOO I DON'T WANT HIM TO DIE ;AAA;
Aug 31, 2013 12:26 AM

Jan 2013
Pai-Pai, Getting his ass kicked by:
- Berkatze by thinking of him
- a cat
- a bunch of preschool children

Damnit, panda, get your shit together!
Aug 31, 2013 1:39 AM
Jan 2011
eminagnam said:
Confusing yet interesting episode. I failed to understand Hajime again. Her idea really works? Curious to see what she and Umeda are going to do in next episode.

She wants to use the people to help themselves beat Katze. That's why I think she decide to go open.

TQ
Aug 31, 2013 2:39 AM

Mar 2013
I get the feeling OD is closer to Katze than we think. I think his "goodbye" message is indication that he was once so close to Katze that he fears the rest of the group will throw him out if they find out. Or rather that he'll have to leave when Katze gets closer to them. I've even been toying with the idea of them being related - especially since OD refuses to show his Gatchaman and Katze's is so mysterious and was mostly unseen when he did use it.

Also, since OD mentioned knitting, I've been unable to get the image out of my head of him knitting the other Gatchaman jumpers and scarves for Christmas. He really is like everyone's mum.
Aug 31, 2013 4:30 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode!!!
Aug 31, 2013 8:18 AM

Jun 2010
OD's deathflag is too effing high!

I so wanna know what's going on through Hajime's mind. I wonder what is her plan.

Poor Rui... Oh btw Rui cosplaying sure is confusing.
Aug 31, 2013 10:21 AM
Jan 2011
Wooooo,huuuu, Rui got locked out of his GALAX world and taken over by Katze Berg, Hajime now runs the show, I wonder if OD has some knowledge about Katze or was he related to him? Co'z both seemly share the same homosexual flare.
Aug 31, 2013 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
straggy said:
I've even been toying with the idea of them being related - especially since OD refuses to show his Gatchaman and Katze's is so mysterious and was mostly unseen when he did use it.

I've had the same theory since this last episode... although it doesn't explain why OD is half-human....

Pretty good episode. Katze's putting his plan into action, Rui can't do anything about it, and the Gatchaman visit a preschool to reveal their identities. That was a good move on Hajime's part, it shows that the Gatchamen aren't trying to harm the public.

The part at the end was really, really ominous.. someone, or many people, are going to die soon, most likely.
Aug 31, 2013 10:33 AM

Mar 2008
Well OD is certainly waving the deathflags around like crazy. But it wasn't like Jou wasn't waving around deathflags earlier either and he's mostly fine.

Makes you wonder if they even need the rest of this group. Long as Hajime is moving things along they should be fine. The others just need to shut-up and follow.

And here's the major problem with Galax. Having a system that checks to make sure it's physically you is fine. However when you have an alien walking around that can transform into people...then you have a problem. Now Rui has set up Galax and it can be painfully abused by Katze and now the Neo-Hundred.

While Hajime is pretty well solving everyone's problems herself I kind of hope Jou figures things out on his own and returns to the fight without outside influence. Had a rough time losing that fight and the psychological assault from Katze. Jou just needs to take some time and think.
Aug 31, 2013 10:45 AM
Jun 2013
Well i don't really like the outcome of this episode. Our prediction on berg katze's plan weren't all that wrong. But, berg has become a mere "bad guy". Katze is juste becoming your average antagonist.

Izaya from Durarara was a "good antagonist" because he was an antagonist that was neither black or white and he almost never needed to fight directly proof that he really was a good manipulative. On top of that, most of the time, he didn't force the flow of things with strenght/hypnosis (he isn't born with overwhelming strenght nor mystical power ) or the likes but just configured the situation with slight and stealthy actions.

Here Katze just ended up using excessively strong CQC skills and powers on top of having the power to directly assume one's identity. He's not doing his job as a "Demon using suggestion" triggering people "self-suggestion loop".

From my point of view, in the next episode, Katze need to be far more manipulative if he still wants to claim that the "big blaze" will be terrians fault. I would add that it would be great if he had a better motive than "it's funny". It began the right way with "you'll self-destruct " but if he could stop interfering too much it would be great because in "self-destruct" there is a "self".

AporieAug 31, 2013 10:57 AM
Aug 31, 2013 11:43 AM

Mar 2008
I would agree that it's a bit of a stretch to say that Katze never gets his hands dirty when it comes to destroying a world. He's gotten plenty involved directly in making that happen. Random killings either to lure out the Gatchamen or get Rui to challenge him openly. Taking control of Galax and giving the Neo-Hundred to an unstable individual who will take extreme actions, etc. Maybe Katze isn't doing absolutely everything when it comes to destroying the world but there isn't anyone more directly involved than him.

But kind of feels like the hero and villain balance out fairly well so far. Katze is an unbelievably powerful individual who can hardly be faced directly in a fight. While Hajime is an equally odd individual who always seems to find the right thing to say or action to undertake while never getting too caught up in things like Galax. She and Katze are somewhat on the same level of weird.
Aug 31, 2013 12:10 PM

Apr 2010
Looks like Hajime is going for crowd sourcing, blame targeting and building a final bastion against despair.

Doubt she holds much hope for getting the answer to the riddle though. By focusing public attention on Berg, information gathering becomes easier especially through galax (even though its been compromised, no one other than Rui knows yet).

Whatever Berg is planning, by announcing the severity and source of the threat, as long as the entire team is not publicly defeated by him, the masses can still hold out hope that the gatchaman can stop whatever the catastrophe is. If it gets bad enough to be on a planetary scale, at least some of the population will not be in mass hysteria and rioting.

From this episode's manipulation, the answer looks more like vengeance/retribution or power. Also the picture of Utsu makes me wonder. Was she killed by Berg and only an immature clone survived? Or did OD expect to die with Berg and wrote that on the picture.

Kind of feel bad for Rui. He's been hammered again and again and that was a heavy blow, having a kid of someone you nearly got killed talk to you. Like Joe, he needs to get past that and inflict whatever self punishment he wants only after the threat is eliminated
Aug 31, 2013 12:55 PM

Jun 2013
OD is such a wierdo
Aug 31, 2013 1:00 PM
Jun 2013
I kind of a agree with both replies. But, if it's true that Hajime is making good use of her time (considering the little data she has) i wouldn't go as far as to say that katze/gatchaman sides are balanced. The Neo-Hundred + Berg being a badass even just by himself....

In his condition Rui can't do a thing and i won't accept something like a "hidden power" type plot twist. Except potentially for OD there isn't anyone in the gatchaman team (even by adding their power) who is a match for katze.

Even if Pai is easy to scare if he decided not to rely on OD powers even though katze was there then it means that even if OD can crush Katze he cannot do so without inflicting great damages to the surrounding.

The Neo-Hundred are not technically stoppable. I mean, even if a CROWD power doesn't equal that of a gatchaman their number will easily overwhelm them let alone if katze get involved too. They won't be able to protect everyone everywhere and hope is not a weapon.

if Rui can still give "CROWDS" to people it's different, it would be possible to raise a "anti-Neo-Hundred" unit led by an alliance gatcha/Rui.
Aug 31, 2013 1:19 PM

Jul 2012
Lighthearted episode, just the opposite of the previous. Well, I'm satisfied, I really enjoyed that :D
Aug 31, 2013 7:24 PM

Jul 2011
Sugane and Utsutsu have really grown and now even Paipai is starting to change. OD is definitely sending death flags all over this episode. The past few episodes have been hard for Rui especially the final blow delivered to him this time by that grave sign and the lost of X.
Sep 1, 2013 1:58 AM

Apr 2010
Aporie said:

if Rui can still give "CROWDS" to people it's different, it would be possible to raise a "anti-Neo-Hundred" unit led by an alliance gatcha/Rui.

I doubt his ability is gone. His note was taken out as with the other gatchaman and his ability likely stems from that, not from Berg.

What i would guess is that Crowds is a group management power. It amplifies groups (Rui has no armor nor anything) rather than like the gatchaman whose powers enhances the self (power armor). It might just end up as Hajime asking Rui to use Crowds on the gatchman, unifying the group into a cohesive force (which they are pretty far from right now)

Also Rui has 1 more thing that is as important as his power. His intellect. Unless X was made by someone else, he made an AI of very impressive ability. That speaks volumes of his intellect.
Zaku_FanSep 1, 2013 2:08 AM
Sep 1, 2013 4:14 AM

May 2012
02:31 dat dartthrow

Poor Rui

12:58 "don't touch my boobs" =_=

... poor Hundreds.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 1, 2013 9:21 AM

Sep 2010
OD was so awesome in this episode. So fabulous, too! I'm going to cry my eyes out if he dies. D:<
Sep 1, 2013 9:28 AM

Sep 2012
I have a feeling that what OD said foreshadowed what is going to happen. So OD will die fighting (so his farewell words to Utsutsu), and Berg Katze is not defeated but only tamed by Hajime at the end (hence his describing Katze as a naughty boy who has never grown up when he talked to Hajime).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Jul 12, 2013

299 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 7, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

122 by CartoonVelocirap »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VioLink - Sep 27, 2013

213 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 4:49 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

93 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Sep 13, 2013

103 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.