3It was OK
16.4%
2Disliked it
3.3%
1Hated it
1.9%
Average 4.2
213 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 30, 2013 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh snap, it's happening.

Finally some action with robots. There's a sample test tube like thing with what I think is Febri's hair. Poor Febri ;.; I see Shinobu again. She should say something though..

The episode was okay. I'm glad Febri is better now :3
Aug 30, 2013 7:52 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ Mikoto is trying to get the rare frog back. Spending onsen time with everyone, then thinking about Sisters, so she gave up. lol @ poor Kuroko. A trap on the way and attack/experiment by that megane guy. Is that Febri's power, in result of having fever? Oh, and that lady that is missing from previous arc is among the team. She was created?
tsubasaloverAug 30, 2013 8:13 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 30, 2013 7:57 AM

Jan 2011
Yay Shinobu is back! But evil now?
[center]
Aug 30, 2013 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
Not gonna lie, all this unnecessary fanservice they're throwing in is kind of annoying.

It was nice to see atleast a little bit of action this episode though.
Febri has some sort of aura or power that stopped the mech apparently.

The scientists are so cliche that it's annoying. But maybe Shinobu will make things more interesting. Hopefully we'll get some info on why she's there and what's exactly going on soon.
MillsAug 30, 2013 8:31 AM
Aug 30, 2013 10:04 AM

Feb 2009
Wow, they even managed to squeeze a bit of onsen parts in there. Just...no comment.

And isn't that robot the ones in the Avignon arc? But those were said to be the prototypes. So this is a prototype of a prototype?
And is it a requirement for those scientists to have glasses and push them up every time? They still suck as bad guys though. And they don't seem to stand up in their spots as well. As expected it's Shinobu but not a peep out of her. Ehh.
At least we're getting something with those pink tubes and Febri's supposed secrets, though I'm not really surprised about that reveal in the end. Her power doesn't make sense though but we'll get to that eventually, I hope.

Date check. End of episode was a new day so it's August 27. With how slow they're going, they might meet the date deadline of August 30 but there's only 4 more episodes. Just get this over with already.
And still no Unabara in sight. At least there's Heaven Canceler in the end.
Aug 30, 2013 12:03 PM

Sep 2012
Eh, I feel like this doesn't have as much build-up and darkness compared to the Sister's arc. I've heard that this is an anime-arc only, but it goes with the pattern of tying-up loose ends like in the last season? (Level Upper > waking up the kids, Sisters Arc > emotion data/Nunotaba?)

Mind you I haven't read the manga. But it just doesn't fit with the Sisters Arc ;-;.

I still like it though! :3 Febli and gekota~
Aug 30, 2013 5:04 PM
Jun 2009
So... what is Febri?
Aug 30, 2013 5:14 PM

Jun 2013
Manabu said:
So... what is Febri?

Moeblob
Aug 30, 2013 9:01 PM

Sep 2012
Give me one Febri please.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 31, 2013 12:24 AM
Nov 2010
So I'm going to assume that the lolipop is what keeps her alive and so far I'm enjoying this arc for the most part Febri is too cute.

One other thing, man it gets annoying when I see comments about this series with people constantly saying where is Touma ? I want Touma, man this would be so much better with Touma here. It's just freaking annoying >.>
Aug 31, 2013 12:35 AM

May 2011
Now, this is getting interesting. And it looks like a strand of Febri's hair is inside those tube things that are activating those machines.
Aug 31, 2013 1:05 AM

Jul 2009
bleh... this arc is not the least bit interesting.
can only take so much moeblob before you get tired of it. we need the woman puncher touma.
Aug 31, 2013 1:06 AM

May 2013
Febri is not human woah I never expect it
Aug 31, 2013 1:19 AM

Jul 2009
And thus Railgun - Legend of Misaka continues, now with a Golem...
animehobbitAug 31, 2013 1:24 AM
Aug 31, 2013 1:24 AM

Jan 2013
Yeah, this arc ist juts boring. I was so pumped up the next arc in the manga. I hope the end this one fast :(
Aug 31, 2013 1:25 AM

Feb 2009
Kurogashi said:
can only take so much moeblob before you get tired of it. we need the woman puncher touma.
He won't appear. Teachers told him to get out of Academy City for the moment.
Aug 31, 2013 1:35 AM

Nov 2012
Toaru Kagaku no Kongou.
Aug 31, 2013 1:36 AM

Aug 2010
At least we had Heaven Canceller :D
Aug 31, 2013 2:20 AM

May 2011
belatkuro said:
Kurogashi said:

That's a pity ;( Why he is in the OP then?
Aug 31, 2013 4:35 AM
Feb 2013
Good episode. Frog-sensei improved it a lot.
I like the way he hides sensitive informations to all the girls except Mikoto.
We got some welcome action. I was expecting Febri to be an esper but she's not even human.
Serious things are getting back.
Aug 31, 2013 5:03 AM

Sep 2008
I'm just curious, the Sisters' Arc had some slow moments which meant it took 16 episodes. Then we had 2 episodes for transition making it 18, leaving 6 episodes for the second arc. Would 6-7 episodes have been enough for the next manga arc?

This anime-original arc also has some slow pacing but the mere presence of Shinobu just made this much more interesting. According to the Raildex wiki, Shinobu's fate is unknown so this will be an interesting "plot hole filler" for the lack of better words.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Aug 31, 2013 5:13 AM

May 2008
As expected she wasnt human. Also i guess without the lolipop she gets the fever lol.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 31, 2013 5:15 AM
Aug 2013
I don't like how they made Misaka cower, as if she would've been done in if not for Febri's intervention. Come on, as if.

When she teared up against Touma, it was justified, since she was afraid of his unknown power. She knew she could fight this robot since she already damaged it with her iron sand. That attack should've destroyed the robot anyway, if Aero Hand could (edit: actually, she was probably holding back). Not to mention that Kuroko had to teleport Saten away from the falling beam while Misaka momentarily magnetised it, when she could have just threw it away with her magnetism to begin with (edit: she would've, but Kuroko is faster with teleportation, so she just dropped it after Saten was returned to safety). The way they're downplaying Misaka is absolutely absurd.

As much as these anime-original season endings are great for wrapping up loose ends, they definitely do more harm than good. Even in the first season, why the hell did the Railgun turn into a laser beam instead of a projectile? Now in this season, why is Misaka being made to act stupid?

Then again, perhaps I'm underestimating the villains. Maybe they're an actual threat.
TerrieSep 2, 2013 5:56 AM
Aug 31, 2013 5:46 AM

Dec 2012
After all those fillers something actually happened, yay.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Aug 31, 2013 6:08 AM
Aug 2013
Am I the only one who actually enjoys the SoL?

Railgun isn't just Index with a different main character and plot. It's also a change of genre (I know that the MAL info doesn't tell it, but the anime shows it). I'm willing to bet that those who can't stand the SoL portion of Railgun are those who watch Index only for its action. Since Railgun is a spin-off of Index, it's natural that watchers of Index would watch it. Then it turns out that it's just not their type of anime. Even so, please respect that this is what Railgun is, instead of complaining that it is overloaded with SoL (it isn't). If they're complaining that the quality of SoL is subpar, then that is different matter altogether.

I like action, and I love badasses, but I can also get sick of it. The SoL and fanservice of Railgun is a nice break from it. Railgun balances SoL and action perfectly, in my opinion; when there is finally action, you know things are going down. In the shounen that is Index, the constant action loses its impact. Nearly everything is action, or building up towards action. Action in Index is daily life, whereas in Railgun, daily life is actually daily life, with some awesome action inserted here and there. Both are equally enjoyable, in a different way. Comedy is often mixed with SoL, while exciting things are involved in action.

All in my opinion, and not directed to anyone in particular.
Aug 31, 2013 7:27 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
I thought there was a nice throw back to the Sisters Arc with the whole pink gekota; I almost felt it was the same as the badge that 9982 got.

But then and again, this is a filler and goodness me are we going to get fights that involve anything other than unmanned machines from those scientists? And for a second when heaven canceller goes he can't heal her I was shocked, right up until we learn that she's not a human so now I somewhat expect her to be sacrificed in the climax or ending.
Aug 31, 2013 7:45 AM
Feb 2012
Fuck this fiiiiiiller arc. :(
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 31, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2010
Febri a Lolidroid?
Sweet stuff half the time, poor Kuroko

Kongou kicked butt with her attack
Aug 31, 2013 8:39 AM

May 2013
I had a feeling she wasn't a human.
Aug 31, 2013 8:40 AM

Oct 2010
omg Febri is so damn cute <333
Aug 31, 2013 8:42 AM
Oct 2010
Personally I thought it was hilarious when they said they were going to call Anti Skill, as per has been mentioned here earlier, they are always displayed as being totally useless.
Aug 31, 2013 9:58 AM

Mar 2012
More Heaven Canceller is always good.

On another note,
a) Febri is reminding me too much of Vivio Takamachi from Nanoha StrikerS.
b) Why didn't Mikoto just Railgun the Powered Suit? She had the opportunity...
Ashen_MikoAug 31, 2013 10:01 AM
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Aug 31, 2013 10:16 AM

May 2012
I thought Febri was a little different, but man-made was something I wasn't expecting to here. Can't wait to see how things turn out next episode.
Aug 31, 2013 11:25 AM

Aug 2009
Pretty sure that JC hates Kamachi for not making Shinobu a megane char.

And now I have to start fixing my glasses from the sides.Do they really have to fix them every minute?

MrJc said:
So I'm going to assume that the lolipop is what keeps her alive and so far I'm enjoying this arc for the most part Febri is too cute.

One other thing, man it gets annoying when I see comments about this series with people constantly saying where is Touma ? I want Touma, man this would be so much better with Touma here. It's just freaking annoying >.>
Cry some more.I would replace those "evil student researchers" with Touma at any given opportunity.
Terrie said:
Am I the only one who actually enjoys the SoL?

Railgun isn't just Index with a different main character and plot. It's also a change of genre (I know that the MAL info doesn't tell it, but the anime shows it). I'm willing to bet that those who can't stand the SoL portion of Railgun are those who watch Index only for its action. Since Railgun is a spin-off of Index, it's natural that watchers of Index would watch it. Then it turns out that it's just not their type of anime. Even so, please respect that this is what Railgun is, instead of complaining that it is overloaded with SoL (it isn't). If they're complaining that the quality of SoL is subpar, then that is different matter altogether.

I like action, and I love badasses, but I can also get sick of it. The SoL and fanservice of Railgun is a nice break from it. Railgun balances SoL and action perfectly, in my opinion; when there is finally action, you know things are going down. In the shounen that is Index, the constant action loses its impact. Nearly everything is action, or building up towards action. Action in Index is daily life, whereas in Railgun, daily life is actually daily life, with some awesome action inserted here and there. Both are equally enjoyable, in a different way. Comedy is often mixed with SoL, while exciting things are involved in action.

All in my opinion, and not directed to anyone in particular.

Index has Sol moments too but they arent fucking boring.Railgun novels have Sol moments but they arent fucking boring.Railgun manga has SOL moments but they ARENT FUCKING BORING and they actually develop the chars.Here we have 2 eps of Railgun original, of Misaka being obsessed about the pink Gekota that was taken from her and Misaka portayed as everything but a Level 5 Electomaster and Saten showing her babysitter qualities.
ssjokgSep 1, 2013 1:22 AM
Aug 31, 2013 11:44 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
Cry some more.I would replace those "evil student researchers" with Touma at any given opportunity.

It's not even the fact that they are evil researchers. If it were, Index fans wouldn't love the Kiharas as much as they do. These guys lack the charisma, variety, [SCIENCE], and hamminess that make the Kiharas such awesome characters. Other animes like Nanoha StrikerS or even Symphogear have made evil researchers such fun villains. These guys just don't fit the bill here and are completely underwhelming in the face of the Kiharas...

Hell, the Kiharas would be laughing their asses off if they saw these guys.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Aug 31, 2013 12:12 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. It seems Febri is some kind of humanized energy experiment... and it is the one that powers the crystal battery that makes the robot move.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2013 12:20 PM

Apr 2010
Seems i am not the only one annoyed with the science students her they can indeed be classified as boring chauvinistic characters.
Especially the grey haired one with the glasses his personality is just bad a complete snob in each and every way.

I do like the fact that we get some Kogou screen time it's funny to watch her, and i also like the moments with the other characters.
Kuroko not being able to join the bath was funny.
Aug 31, 2013 12:37 PM

Aug 2009
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:

It's not even the fact that they are evil researchers. If it were, Index fans wouldn't love the Kiharas as much as they do. These guys lack the charisma, variety, [SCIENCE], and hamminess that make the Kiharas such awesome characters. Other animes like Nanoha StrikerS or even Symphogear have made evil researchers such fun villains. These guys just don't fit the bill here and are completely underwhelming in the face of the Kiharas...

I dont hava problem with the char trait but with how they are presented.For 3 eps now all we see is"We have this plan","Our brains are better than any kind of power"(yeah ok tell that to Accelerator and Kakine),"Febli did stuff","Misaka Mikoto!!!" but still have no idea what they are trying to do.

A golden retriever would be enough to deal with them.
Aug 31, 2013 12:43 PM

Mar 2012
CreationBreaker said:

On another note,
a) Febri is reminding me too much of Vivio Takamachi from Nanoha StrikerS.

Well then, that pretty much sets up
Aug 31, 2013 12:59 PM

Jun 2013
she's not human wow i did not see that coming
Aug 31, 2013 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
Khaledwx said:
she's not human wow i did not see that coming

Everyone saw that coming.

Anyways, alright episode, nice battle scene
Aug 31, 2013 4:38 PM

Jul 2013
Somehow this episode was okay, though it is not as dark and serious portrayal as the Sister's Arc though I still enjoy the episode.

The fight scene of the robot looks great. Finally Febri getting along with Mikoto brings a smile in my face. Well the ending was a bit surprised that she is not human.

Aug 31, 2013 5:40 PM

Jan 2011
I agree with Terrie, they are downplaying Mikoto way to much. So she can not electrocute the pilot of that thing because there is no pilot, and she can't destroy/control the electric circuits? Melt it (lightning is quite hot, at least natural. And everyone knows how much temperature electric devices produce because of resistance), control it with magnetism, use iron sand as can opener, throw one of those iron bars at it or pull out your railgun and obliterate it.

Or maybe Kuroko could teleport it into a junk press. That area looked like there might be one nearby. Kuroko would also have teleported them away, whether she actually wants to save them (ofc she does) or just to have a favor to call in, like, snuggling with Mikoto.

And that 'scientists" are stupid. Those with power are powerless? Did he already forget that that robot was defeated by esper powers? It was by Kongue, a "mere" level 4, in one move. And i don't think Kongou has that much fighting experience.

They should also have studied what happened to the level 6 shift project. Maybe Nunotaba didn't tell them about..
NwAurionAug 31, 2013 5:45 PM
Aug 31, 2013 7:55 PM

Mar 2012
NwAurion said:

Or maybe Kuroko could teleport it into a junk press. That area looked like there might be one nearby. Kuroko would also have teleported them away, whether she actually wants to save them (ofc she does) or just to have a favor to call in, like, snuggling with Mikoto.

I thought Kuroko had a weight limit on what she could teleport.
Aug 31, 2013 7:58 PM

May 2012
It's weird but I had goosebumps when the doctor said that Febri is man-made. She is so cute to be man-made!

But anyway, nice seeing my beloved Misaka on action again!

And poor Kuroko, hehe.
Aug 31, 2013 10:50 PM

Aug 2009
TravSavage said:
NwAurion said:

130 kilos and if irc she has a limit of two persons excluding herself.But still she had enough time make a second "trip".
Sep 1, 2013 12:55 AM

Apr 2013
I don't like the how they're downplaying Misaka either,I guess it was to show that Febri has powers and build more mystery around them but it could have been better.I mean she was portrayed helpless here when she could have done many things,not to mention has faced far harder challenges.
other than that,it was a good episode.I don't mind the SoL we have been getting (I did love the 1st season after all),but it would be better if not the same things are repeated again and again,oh well.
Sep 1, 2013 2:32 AM

Aug 2012
Someone convince me why I should continue watching this show... holy fuck I can't believe I've made it this far.

Fucking garbage.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Sep 1, 2013 3:23 AM

Apr 2013
Koryo-chan said:
Someone convince me why I should continue watching this show... holy fuck I can't believe I've made it this far.

Fucking garbage.

No one is interested to convince you to watch anything.
anyway if you think it's garbage,I'm surprised you made it this far too.
Sep 1, 2013 6:09 AM

Oct 2012
Poor Kuroko xD
Kongou Mitsuko, such a faithful friend :)

Heaven canceller!!
Wow, So Febli is a scientifically man-made and her lollipop is her fuel/battery?

ma_ko said:
belatkuro said:
Kurogashi said:

That's a pity ;( Why he is in the OP then?

Ah, how many times! It's TouMAN xD
Forgot the Sisters arc? There's Kuroko in the OP too, but in story she's nowhere (I mean fighting with her Onee-sama)

yeokso said:
Man-made loli???!!! - TELL ME HOW

Lol, someone please caught this person

GuiltyKing said:
Fuck this fiiiiiiller arc. :(

It's not an anime original arc?

ssjokg said:
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:

I dont hava problem with the char trait but with how they are presented.For 3 eps now all we see is"We have this plan","Our brains are better than any kind of power"(yeah ok tell that to Accelerator and Kakine),"Febli did stuff","Misaka Mikoto!!!" but still have no idea what they are trying to do.

A golden retriever would be enough to deal with them.

Lol, that last sentence
Also, they should met the TouMAN first... to feels that punch xD

S-ER said:
Koryo-chan said:

Fucking garbage.

No one is interested to convince you to watch anything.
anyway if you think it's garbage,I'm surprised you made it this far too.

Aw, we've got a hater here

ssjokg said:
TravSavage said:
NwAurion said:

130 kilos and if irc she has a limit of two persons excluding herself.But still she had enough time make a second "trip".

Then she could teleport the arms first, then legs, then the rests?
Rayl1ghtSep 1, 2013 6:19 AM
"Signature removed"
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.