Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of Korean webtoons and Chinese manhua?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 11, 2019 6:07 AM
Jul 2018
Manhwa and webtoons are pretty good but I'm not a huge fan of manhua (with the exception of MDZS but it's really confusing for those who haven't read the novel). The female characters are pathetically naive and the male characters are equally annoying, so trying to find a good one is like searching for a needle in a haystack. The censorship in China is really strict. Anything with more violence than normal(and their standards are hella low) is bound to be under scrutiny. I guess this is why some manhua are published outside China without the interference of the law or whatever.

I've not gotten the hang of comfortably reading webtoons since it isn't just the drawing but the colouring that has a heavy impact. Tower of God seems to be interesting and the character designs aren't terrible (like Mob Psycho 100, sorry) but the colors irk me. Also, I love seeing detailed scenery done with ink over simply colored backgrounds that webtoons offer.
Aug 11, 2019 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
its fine haha
ive read one korean webtoon its not on mal but i think its ok
the art is fine not too weird and the weirdest thing is that it has color. it doesnt have speech bubbles somehow lol
ive only read one so idrk a lot about it but i think its fine rn
Aug 11, 2019 7:06 PM

Feb 2015
At first, it used to be hard for me to get into it because I'm not used to the names, but now it's okay.

But then again, I eased into it by reading stuff from Line webtoon, so I got to get used to how the pages were like first there, and then found Korean ones that I liked.

I was also starting to watch Running man, too, so that also probably had a factor in it

I still haven't gotten into reading Chinese ones, though. I can't get used to the names at all.
Aug 12, 2019 4:47 AM
Dec 2015
i think they are great, depending on your taste of course . if im tired of reading manga and i wants some wuxia etc i read chinese manhua. if i want a color page i read korean webtoons and also majority of it are really easy to understand and easy to sit into
Aug 12, 2019 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
Just like manga. Some of them are interesting, but most of them are boring.
Aug 26, 2019 11:38 AM

Jan 2019
having stumbled across a few (my wife is a demon queen, from today i'll be a goddess, clinic of horrors) I can say i generally enjoy them. the one panel format is a bit weird, but you get used to it. I just wish they would get listed on MAL so it would be easier to track the ones i've read.
Aug 26, 2019 6:13 PM

Feb 2019
I love webtoons, it's more colorful and appealing.
but It feels like they don't take a lot of risk in art style nor stories.
LunaEstlinAug 26, 2019 6:18 PM

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Aug 26, 2019 7:16 PM

May 2018
Some of them are great, some are bad. I'm general I said Japanese still superior overall.
Aug 27, 2019 5:47 AM

Jan 2014
Dunno much about chinese manhua, webtoons are great tho. They usually made some cool coloured panels and effects with just about as much time as normal manga, though manga had the advantage of more detailed drawing generally.

I love webtoon like "Hardcore Levelling Warrior" or "The Sound of your heart". It's too bad that it's not allowed to be added here because of the rules
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Aug 27, 2019 7:21 AM

Oct 2018
I prefer Korean webtoons more than Chinese manhua, to be honest. I don't know if any of you notice this but when it comes to Chinese manhua...it gonna be always about martial art and cultivating...

I know it's their culture but to think most of them contain this kind of genre is really turning me off from reading manhua. the skill, level and how they measure how strong the character is really complicated. despite that, I'm still reading some of the good ones.

Korean webtoon really knows their audience in my opinion. stick to culture but still open for a global audience. solo leveling and dice are one of them. easy to understand and the story is very engaging.
Oct 13, 2019 9:32 PM
May 2016
They lack of identity and trying ways to hard to mirror Japanese art style.
Oct 20, 2019 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
There are a bunch of them I have checked out and a few that are favorites. 19 Days being my favorite by far. The issue I sometimes come across is the wasted space. I feel as though I'm spending most of my time scrolling than actually looking at content.
Oct 20, 2019 6:42 PM

Dec 2015
i like those chinese cartoons
TIME TO END PARTITION WITH A BANG. I AM ONCE AGAIN ASKING FOR YOUR FINACIAL SUPPROT https://www.sinnfeinbookshop.com/jewellery-1/
Nov 1, 2019 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
to the bin they go, and from the bin they shall not return.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

36 by Dotanuki »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

29 by Jutrio »»
Yesterday, 10:43 PM

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1053 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 10:41 PM

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

22 by Jutrio »»
Yesterday, 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.