Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 26, 2013 12:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, Tomoko and those faces :3 did she find herself an admirer there at the beginning?

Eh, the delusions were pretty typical I guess. Fan service spotted with Yui along with those delusional faces. End card looked nice also I guess.

End Card: http://i.imgur.com/bjMsuOz.jpg
Stark700Aug 26, 2013 3:38 PM
Aug 26, 2013 4:06 PM

Nov 2007
Kii-chan, the cousin, is Kugimiya-san? ... @ wanting to look bitchy. Vaccuum... Meeting that guy from the rain! lol @ "Momoko". Oh my god at Kii-chan's actions (including what she read). She changed for a while, though. Oh, so Tomoko is a card player? Shugo Chara reference for the egg?? lol @ cute.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 26, 2013 4:11 PM

Oct 2012
The voice actress for Kii-chan is Rie Kugimiya (釘宮理恵). She is originally from
the southern-most part of the four main islands of Japan, the island of Kyushu.
Specifically, she is from Kumamoto City (熊本市). People there speak a much
different kind of Japanese than people in Tokyo.

When Kii-chan is speaking, does she have a different accent?

I have no idea. I cannot distinguish different Japanese accents or dialects. So for
example, I can't recognize when a character is speaking with a Kansai accent.

Probably many of you can notice the difference.

- - - - - - - - - -

The word b*tch is use quite a lot during this episode. The English word "b*tch"
is almost always always a noun. It can sometimes be a verb, such as "to b*tch"
or "he is b*tching". See Urban Dictionary for details.

However, the Japanese word "bicchi" (ビッチ) that is used by Tomoko has a
different range of meanings. It is a mistake simply to assume that it is the same
as the similar-sounding English word.

In Japanese, ビッチ has the usual range of meanings as the English word "b*tch".
For example, ビッチ can mean "a female dog". It can also be an offensive word
directed towards a woman.

In addition, however, ビッチ can be an adjective. It can means things such as:

unpleasant
uncomfortable
offensive
objectionable
instrusive
obtrusive
pushy

When Tomoko was buying those new clothes, she was clearly using ビッチ to
describe them. In other words, she was using ビッチ as an adjective.

I don't know for a fact, but I could somehow imagine that high school girls in
Japan in 2013 might want to wear clothing that had some kind of "pushy" or
"offensive" look. After all, fashions come and go.

Here are the sources of my information:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%93%E3%83%83%E3%83%81
http://translate.google.com/#ja/en/
http://ja.uncyclopedia.info/wiki/%E3%83%93%E3%83%83%E3%83%81
okanaganAug 27, 2013 12:54 AM
Aug 26, 2013 4:14 PM

Feb 2012
Poor Kii-chan , she learned the truth about her ''cool'' onee-chan. Sth like that must have happened with Tomoki too... that's why he's so cold towards her now even though he used to adore her. (but he still loves her, she is his sis afterall)

I think Tomoko needs to grow up.
she is super immature right now xD that's the reason she is doing all these stupid things
she will be just fine as soon as she starts being a university student or working ... not necessarily popular (because she is not very social) but at least she'll understand that she doesn't need to be popular. all she needs is true friends.

Aug 26, 2013 10:58 PM

Oct 2008
As usual, this show never disappoints. Her cousin addressing Tomoko's "boyfriend" and the MTG bit were my highlights.
Aug 26, 2013 11:12 PM

May 2012
Damn Tomoko, don't you yell "shut up" and raise your fist towards your own mom like that.

That moment when Kii-chan was confronting that guy and Tomoko was thinking she'd die...I got all sweaty from all the second-hand nervousness and embarrassment.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Aug 26, 2013 11:18 PM

Mar 2012
Poor girl. She tried so hard to impress her little cousin.

At least she talked to the guy... kind of. That's a slight improvement.
Let's go bowling.
Aug 26, 2013 11:28 PM

May 2013
Tomoko's cousin is cute. Funny how she tries to give herself a hickey lol.
Aug 26, 2013 11:52 PM

Jan 2011
I'll give Tomoko-chan credit for doing the full apology and being truthful to the boy. Of course then she spoiled it by using the spring-loaded card sharp mechanism to defeat an elementary schooler. But really, I hope she catches a break and gets a boyfriend before she graduates--I actually find her to be sort of cute (in a weird otaku way).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 27, 2013 12:08 AM

Jun 2010
Gosh, Kii-chan is adorable.
I totally cringed when Kii-chan confronted the boy about Tomoko..
-sigh- Poor Tomoko.
Aug 27, 2013 12:14 AM

Aug 2010
Tomoko got pitied by Kii-chan lol

Her life is just Sad XD
Aug 27, 2013 12:41 AM

Jan 2013
Great change of pace.
Tomoko had so much human interaction this episode.
Im surprised she's 'friends' with so many kids, even if they're kids its not that bad.
Aug 27, 2013 12:55 AM

Feb 2013
Kii-chan had those Higurashi eyes. Tomoko pulling on the toliet paper was hilarious.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Aug 27, 2013 12:55 AM
Aug 2011
It's really painful to watch her do those kind of things, doesn't she get tired of embarassing herself every damn time thinking it will work?
Aug 27, 2013 12:59 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Oh my god, Kii-chan is way too cute.
Funny episode, as usual. I feel sorry for Tomoko, even a kid is more mature than her. :(

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Aug 27, 2013 1:19 AM

Aug 2012
Tomoko was being pitied by kii-chan, i just couldn't help but laugh as her image of her was slowly being taken away.
Stitches327Aug 27, 2013 6:09 AM

Aug 27, 2013 1:19 AM

Oct 2012
Krissirk said:
Kii-chan had those Higurashi eyes.

Agreed. I was just Googling Higurashi to see exactly what you meant.

But I think that the anime adaptation did not correctly design Kii-chan's eyes.
Kii-chan was drawn very well in the manga. Keep in mind exactly who Kii-chan
is and what she is thinking about Tomoko.

See Volume 2 Chapter 14 Page 2 of the manga:

http://mangafox.me/manga/watashi_ga_motenai_no_wa_dou_kangaete_mo_omaera_ga_warui/v02/c014/2.html

I think it might have been too difficult for them to convert that black-and-white
manga character design into an anime character. In any case, I really enjoyed
the episode. The anime did quite a number of good things with Kii-chan which
were original and not in the manga.
Aug 27, 2013 1:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The vacuum cleaner hickeys bit was hilarious.

She at least talked to another guy today. Is there painstakingly slow progress?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 27, 2013 1:54 AM

May 2008
I was kind of hoping that there would be a change in her personality but i guess not much. CHEATING TO A KID LMAO. Kii is such a good kid.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 27, 2013 2:30 AM

May 2013
Wow. Tomoko makes me want to cry. This episode was very cringe-worthy especially with the vacuum, the whole boyfriend thing and cheating at a card game for kids. I laughed every time she said bitch and when she called Yuu. It's really messed up to have your younger cousin pity you. Kii-chan is adorable.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 27, 2013 2:34 AM

Sep 2011
I already read it in the manga but still...

The lies are unbearable. ( •_•)

This is me while watching the whole thing
http://youtu.be/2rn-lqkE58I
The_Mad_WizardAug 27, 2013 2:44 AM
Aug 27, 2013 2:37 AM
Jun 2008
I thought she was gonna die from that vacuum cleaner. Will people die if stucking a vacuum cleaner hose in one's mouth. I am too scare to try these at home
Nyan-nyan100 said:
It's really painful to watch her do those kind of things, doesn't she get tired of embarassing herself every damn time thinking it will work?
Well, she is trying her very best.Unfortunately, it back fire .
I suggest she stay at home and play games whole day just like me xD
Aug 27, 2013 2:54 AM
Jul 2013
okanagan said:

When Kii-chan is speaking, does she have a different accent?

Here are the sources of my information:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%93%E3%83%83%E3%83%81
http://translate.google.com/#ja/en/
http://ja.uncyclopedia.info/wiki/%E3%83%93%E3%83%83%E3%83%81

Wherever they are form, Japanese can speak hyojungo or standard Japanese.
Especially she is a professional voice actress. She don't show her dialect in anime.

I recommend you do not use uncyclopedia as a source. Their articles have a lot of jokes and humor and nonsense.They are interesting but it may be difficult for non-native Japanese speaker to know the truth from their articles.
Aug 27, 2013 3:19 AM
Jun 2008
I heard some rumor about Kitta Izumi and now I done some research on it.
I found that she is a "Card Queen" .Similar to Tomoko but Tomoko cheated LOL
http://ameblo.jp/kittaizumi/entry-11559013204.html
Aug 27, 2013 3:26 AM

Jan 2011
Oh my god the lies were so bad which made me feel so embarrassed for Tomoko. xD The vaccuum cleaner scene was hilarious. How can you get it stuck in your mouth? LOL! Tomoko was able to talk to Kosaka who happens to be the guy that left the umbrella for her a few episodes back. It's a shame she had to lie her cousin Kii about her having a boyfriend and all. Kii became expressionless and pretty much gave the death stare at Tomoko. xD Kii even realised she cheated in the card game haha. I feel so sorry for Tomoko, she's so 'uncool'. D: Overall, hilarious episode and great embarrassing moments.
5/5
Aug 27, 2013 3:33 AM

May 2010
She is trying to be a b*itch to impress Kii-chan, Tomoko you rock...XD XD XD She looks quite nice in thoseclothes. Haha, she was leaving kiss marks. Tomoko, I feel so bad for her.... She accidently into her mouth and my heart nearly died there.. She got lectured by her mother and then slapped... I don't know whether I should laugh or not.
I am so glad that finally she knows he left the umbrella for her... I support her with, like every guy! Just give her happiness, this poor girl needs attention... In the end, he is dating another person or something. He had not fault this time though... She was saved thanks to being known as 'Momoko'. Poor Kii, Tomoko was her idol and now she is a yangire, interesting indeed.. She cheated like a boss there xD At least she has Kii... Waiting for New Year's day episode (if there is going to one) coz I want to see Kii again.
Aug 27, 2013 3:35 AM
Feb 2012
Oh damn, that was painful to watch. Even I, as a viewer, felt embarrassed during some of the scenes. Poor...Momoko. ._.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 27, 2013 3:51 AM

Jun 2011
LOL Hilarious XD
5/5
Aug 27, 2013 4:20 AM

Nov 2009
It was really hard to watch the part where she lied about going out with the guy and then Kii-chan found out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2013 4:23 AM

May 2013
Kii-chan is so Kawaii >.< and if only Tomoko change her child like attitude she will be fine and pretty normal but thats what makes her prett hilarious LOOL nice ep xD
Tch.
Aug 27, 2013 4:31 AM

Apr 2013
What a godly cheating technique :D
Aug 27, 2013 4:43 AM

Apr 2012
Hahaha, that Dyson moment.
Aug 27, 2013 5:13 AM
Apr 2011
Don't lie and don't brag or it will backfire. These are life lessons courtesy of Tomoko...
Aug 27, 2013 5:26 AM

Jul 2013
Adorable Kii-chan!!! Dammit Tomoko, why did you have to lie? :(
Aug 27, 2013 6:11 AM

Feb 2013
i feel bad for kii-chan
Aug 27, 2013 6:13 AM

Apr 2013
Momoko-chan? Momoko-chan? Momoko-chan?

Oh Tomoko.
It's incredible what happens here.
Aug 27, 2013 7:06 AM

Oct 2012
MTG tournament! I wasn't expecting this to be here :D
I just hope there would be some sort of happy ending for Tomoko, the way she is now is way too sad.
Aug 27, 2013 7:12 AM

Dec 2012
Just give me more vigin , Watashi ga like girls and the world would be awesome. Kill those high school whores she wanted to become in ep 8 >..>

NICE EP XD
Aug 27, 2013 7:21 AM

Aug 2008
LOL! Was waiting for Tomoko to shout 'FINAL TURN!'

Too bad that didn't happen.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 27, 2013 7:35 AM

Dec 2012
that pseudo yuri at the end:P
And situation in which she bowed for a boy was like horse position XD
Aug 27, 2013 8:15 AM

Jul 2011
I love Tomoko even though she always embarrass herself. She is just so cuuuute! Hoping for her to have a boyfried :3
If I became a Hunter, I can catch all my family member and sell them for high price
Aug 27, 2013 8:21 AM

Jul 2009
Oh man pity meter pinging high
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 27, 2013 8:24 AM

Aug 2013
As painful to watch as any others, nonetheless I feel she actually deserved it after making lie after lie, it was only a matter of time before the gambit fell...which it did.

I felt kind of bored at the end but maybe that's because I expected it to be more heartbreaking, all that bits with the golden egg and the loli faces made it more humorous and less heartbreaking than I wanted it to be; then again I like my despair Puella Magi style with no hope whatsoever so...

My favorite part was the beginning with her delusions and the vacuum cleaner part made me laugh so hard; only she can have those ideas, heheheh. It's kinda nice that her mom finally called her out on her stupidity, someone needs to tell her she's doing it wrong before she commits a really serious mistake she can't get out of (becoming a waitress-something and wanting to be raped comes to mind...)

Also, those things didn't look at all like hickies or whatever its they're called, more like wild animal bites, I kinda expected them to stay all the episode but maybe she wouldn't have been able to make the boy scenes otherwise?

Her "bitch" outfit was pretty standard, not at all appealing but guess I got used to watching her in more lazy style sporty wear. I've seen much worse in my neighborhood, heheh.

I wanted Yuu to appear but it seems we'll be getting less and less of her as the finale approaches. It was great to watch Umbrella boy but at the same time I wish he hadn't seen Tomoko again, I was getting my hopes high when she finally learned about the umbrella and they started talking only for it to plummet to the ground when her cousin appeared and she was in that...awkward position.

BTW in Japan are all apologies made like that?!?!?

EDIT: Also to add the Card bit made me laugh so much, the Queen, LOL! I actually believe something like that would make her quite popular, she only needs to understand that she's way better playing in the otaku and underground community. Here in my country we have gamers and card communities where even adults and college students play Yu Gi Oh and Magic the Gathering among other things. If she went there she would instantly be swarmed because its nonetheless much rarer to find a girl interested in that stuff in those groups. She doesn't seem to enjoy otaku and nerd company though so not sure how that would work...
Faust91xAug 27, 2013 8:35 AM
Aug 27, 2013 8:41 AM

Sep 2011
I haven't enjoyed a single episode of Watamote yet but this one was really painful to watch, almost as embarassing as the manga version. But that's how the series has to be...
Props to the anime staff, they've made a pretty good manga to anime-adaption up to this point.
Aug 27, 2013 8:50 AM

Aug 2012
This show is really painfully to watch ..hope this have a good ending or good improvement about tomoko
Aug 27, 2013 8:53 AM

Aug 2010
I don't know if I should feel bad for regognising this card right away.

Edit: god dammit, I haven't posted in such a long time, how do I make pics work again?
SedinusAug 27, 2013 8:56 AM

Aug 27, 2013 8:56 AM
Jun 2008
Faust91x said:

BTW in Japan are all apologies made like that?!?!?
The most common was the 90 degree bow.
Tbh, her bowing style is kinda scary. It remind me of Sadako(Ring) crawling out from the television .

Sedinus said:
I don't know if I should feel bad for regognising this card right away.

Edit: god dammit, I haven't posted in such a long time, how do I make pics work again?

The word "http://" should go away.
MorningGloryAug 27, 2013 9:00 AM
Aug 27, 2013 9:08 AM

Jul 2013
This episode showed that when you lie and cheat, it comes back to haunt you. Now instead of Kii-chan seeing Tomoko as a cool cousin, she sees her as someone who needs help. The part when Kii-chan was talking to that boy kind of got to me, since I lie some times and I would hate when people try to get involved in stuff that I lie about. But to think that she would have to cheat in a card game against a kid xD, but I understand where she's coming though.

I'm really enjoying this show, it kind of makes me sad knowing there's only 4 episodes left =(
Aug 27, 2013 9:22 AM

Feb 2009
She's beyond hopeless.
Aug 27, 2013 9:23 AM
Sep 2012
Haha so funny and cringe worthy good ep

Seriously this is getting to parody status.

Too bad about the guy, I was waiting for him to pop up again - oh well no more further development related to him I guess being a love interest ha.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2013

252 by owonism »»
Mar 12, 4:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.