Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 25, 2013 7:11 PM

Mar 2011
Red_Keys said:
Is K-On worth it?

I'm not the type to be swayed one way or another just because of cute girls. I know they're cute. I won't be watching just for an overdose of moe. No thanks.

And the music thing, well, as long as there are some performances/original songs, that's actually pretty fantastic.

I'm mostly asking if the character interactions and developments are interesting enough, without the appeal of cute girls doing cute things.

As an anime fan, I feel I'm obligated to watch K-On, but I won't force myself if I won't enjoy it.

There is very little music, I think there are 3 performances in the 12 episodes, with two of them playing the same song. There is no character development whatsoever.

Even amongst so called moe blob shows K-ON! isn't that good, it doesn't have that much comedy and it's got a incredibly plain setting with rather flat characters. Even recent moe-blob shows like Yuyushiki and Kirino Mosaic put it to shame.

Goryo said:
Oreimo... what a pile of shit

I'd hardly call it mediocre. That's like saying Beezlebub was average.

First season was alright. Second season was shite. OVA's made me almost lose my liver.
Aug 25, 2013 7:19 PM

Jun 2008
Mclovinballs said:
One Piece

Mediocre implies that it's of moderate quality....in other words "average".

OP was just horrible.

Now prepare for the flame war.
Aug 25, 2013 7:21 PM

Aug 2012
InfiniteRufus said:
Goryo said:

First season was alright. Second season was shite. OVA's made me almost lose my liver.

It was a gigantic waste of time. That's all there is to it.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 25, 2013 7:22 PM
May 2012
JustALEX said:
Mclovinballs said:
One Piece

OP was just horrible.

me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər
adjective
adjective: mediocre

of only moderate quality; not very good.

To me, "not very good" falls before average.
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Aug 25, 2013 7:22 PM

Apr 2007
Don't really have a single one but anime adaptions of games and such are usually mediocre to me.
Aug 25, 2013 7:28 PM

Mar 2008
Only have one anime rated as a 5, and that's episode 11.5 of Hyouka...so not really a series.

But if I had to choose one from a 6, it would probably be...Fate/stay night.
Aug 25, 2013 7:28 PM

Jun 2012
Goryo said:
InfiniteRufus said:
Goryo said:

It was a gigantic waste of time. That's all there is to it.

OreImo did suck. I couldn't understand why it had such a big fanbase. Kirino was a bitch, her brother was overly passive, and the comedy was like the jokes you'd see on 4chan.
Aug 25, 2013 7:36 PM

Jun 2013
I should have known K-On would be some people's answers considering my avatar. One thing that I can agree on is the lack of character development and the lacking of music, which WAS good though. All in all, I still enjoyed it. I'm well aware of the show's flaws but I still went through with it. Also, I'm just gonna admit that I had to push myself through the second season due to the overall plot straying away.
Aug 25, 2013 7:37 PM

Jun 2012
Aerostar7x said:
I should have known K-On would be some people's answers considering my avatar. One thing that I can agree on is the lack of character development and the lacking of music, which WAS good though. All in all, I still enjoyed it. I'm well aware of the show's flaws but I still went through with it. Also, I'm just gonna admit that I had to push myself through the second season due to the overall plot straying away.

Was there ever plot in the first place?

Jun 2008
Captain-Hawkeye said:
JustALEX said:
Mclovinballs said:
One Piece

OP was just horrible.

me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər
adjective
adjective: mediocre

of only moderate quality; not very good.

To me, "not very good" falls before average.

It's not very good, but it's not very bad either.

Thus, average.

Apr 2013
As long as I enjoy the anime it's whatever. I almost never consider and anime to be "mediocre." I either enjoy it for what it is, or I just stop watching it.
an egomaniac and a fool

Aug 25, 2013 7:39 PM

Jun 2008
Aerostar7x said:

K-ON! didn't have a plot and thus character development wasn't really needed.

Regardless, I personally enjoyed it very much and it's one of my very deserved 10/10 anime.
Aug 25, 2013 10:59 PM

Jul 2013
qb_cakes said:
K-On

Impossible.

FLCL.
Aug 25, 2013 11:05 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi was pretty damn mediocre to me

also Queen's Blade's worth mentioning although that one only cared about fanservice to begin with so I guess maybe it doesn't count
Aug 25, 2013 11:07 PM

Dec 2009
_Colourful said:
qb_cakes said:
K-On

Impossible.

FLCL.

Impossible.

Bakuman.
Aug 25, 2013 11:10 PM

Mar 2012
HaXXspetten said:

also Queen's Blade's worth mentioning although that one only cared about fanservice to begin with so I guess maybe it doesn't count
Queen's Blade isn't medicore. It's very horrible.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 25, 2013 11:10 PM

Dec 2012
I guess Photokano is the one.
I like anime.
Aug 25, 2013 11:33 PM

Jul 2013
Ao No Exorcist. Fucking trash.
Aug 25, 2013 11:37 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
NeoAnkara said:
HaXXspetten said:

Queen's Blade isn't medicore. It's very horrible.

alright fair enough
Aug 26, 2013 12:33 AM

Aug 2012
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
nothing new, typical harem
Aug 26, 2013 12:46 AM

Dec 2012
Godplayer said:

I think it is pretty good & entertaining. Photokano is the one that pretty much just like another mediocre harem anime show.
I like anime.
Aug 26, 2013 12:47 AM

Aug 2013
DearS. Oh wait that was trash not mediocre.
Aug 26, 2013 1:08 AM

Mar 2012
Godplayer said:
I've got to disagree with this.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 26, 2013 1:22 AM

Aug 2009
Ane to Boin. It's not bad, but it's also not very compelling either.

HaXXspetten said:

As someone who likes ecchi (as long as it has nothing to do with a harem):

"I like boobs. Boobs are awesome, but there's a limit."

Jeff Gerstmann, summing up my opinion of Queen's Blade (season 1).

Aug 26, 2013 1:43 AM

Aug 2009
Feels said:
I was looking at the top rated anime and aria the origination had some high reviews. After that I saw there were prequels so I got the Animation and started watching it about 3 weeks ago.

Every episode is torture.

Basically this.
Aug 26, 2013 2:22 AM

Mar 2012
Aerostar7x said:

Lol plot? K-on! 1st season had no plot at all, at least the 2nd season attempted some plot, with a more coming of age story.
Anyway most average anime I would say I have watched is Brave 10 average characters, average art, average animation, average ost, average plot, everything was just average I wouldn't say bad though.
Aug 26, 2013 2:22 AM

Jun 2013
Shingeki no Shit.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Aug 26, 2013 2:25 AM

Dec 2012
Maria_Sama said:
Shingeki no Shit.

What is that? Is that even an anime show?
I like anime.
Aug 26, 2013 2:28 AM

Jan 2009
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Maria_Sama said:
Shingeki no Shit.

he means Shingeki No Kyojin the most popular anime airing right now

as for the topic i would say Chaos;Head it really needs a remake
Aug 26, 2013 2:30 AM

Dec 2012
j0x said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Maria_Sama said:
Shingeki no Shit.

he means Shingeki No Kyojin the most popular anime airing right now

as for the topic i would say Chaos;Head it really needs a remake

Oh . . . , I see. I think next time he should spell the title correctly.
Thank you for your explanation.
I like anime.
Aug 26, 2013 3:06 AM

Dec 2012
Is anyone gonna bother giving reasons? this so far has been a listing thread like most threads, I guess.

One piece: I didn't watch more than half of it but so far it feels very mediocre in terms of story and characters, the art and the fights are awful. The characters are generic ( maybe not Chopper lol) and one dimensional, Luffy never changes it's been 160+ eps and I don't think he had in kind of character development or anything close to that the same goes for the other crew members. The story seems really tedious, the arcs are underwhelming from what I have seen so far the Arlong park is the only decent arc, but it ended in a predictable way and the fights were mediocre in it but the back story of Nami was great, too bad her personality outside of that arc is so annoying and obnoxious. The Albastia ( however you spell it) was really stupid, Crocodile was nice villain and all but aside from his plan nothing was impressive in that arc, most of the fights in it was so incredibly stupid especially the final fight between Luffy and him, Luffy just simply won, he didn't discover a new way to beat him or anything, he just won. I don't even know why, Crocodile moped the floor with him the first time they met so I don't know why he lost.

The comedy is so stale and fucking repetitive, there is like one funny episode of those 160+ that I actually thought was funny and it's the sole reason I bumped the score from 5 to 6. The current arc I'm in is so fucking boring, all the new characters in it are so uninteresting aside from god enel the same goes for the world they are in.

Black Lagoon: It was just a mediocre action flick, the characters ranged from average to bad.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/tsudman/reviews ( I don't know how link a specific review ._.)

Code: Breaker: It brought thought provoking but it executed it in a bland and unimpressive way, the dialogue ranged from stupid to cringe worthy, the character were so and so but that stupid bitch Sakura was so fucking annoying, she was just terrible and they didn't show her back story which would have helped a little, it ended in a very predictable way. It was all around average in terms of almost everything.
Aug 26, 2013 3:09 AM

Mar 2012
^You just haven't seen Impel Down arc when it's the time for Luffy to grow.
Aug 26, 2013 3:26 AM

Mar 2012
GJ-bu is really medicore. But because it's medicority that make it really enjoyable and calming to watch.
Aug 26, 2013 4:24 AM

Aug 2013
@tsudman I respect your opinion and respectfully decline. Black Lagoon was just awesome.
Aug 26, 2013 4:26 AM

Jul 2012
Kakurenbo: Hide and Seek.

All the characters were just kids and it was scary for a horror anime at all. It was also very cheesy and seems like the kind of thing that'd be predictable.

Socket
Pretty simple short.

Black Rock Shooter (TV Series)
It seems to be all style no substance.
Aug 26, 2013 4:28 AM

Dec 2012
Aeroxygen said:
@tsudman I respect your opinion and respectfully decline. Black Lagoon was just awesome.

If your not gonna explain why you thought it was awesome then why bother telling me?

mhm.
Aug 26, 2013 4:29 AM

Aug 2013
tsudman said:
Aeroxygen said:

If your not gonna explain why you thought it was awesome then why bother telling me?

mhm.
http://youtu.be/_axOSmTESU0
Aug 26, 2013 4:37 AM

Dec 2012
Aeroxygen said:
tsudman said:
Aeroxygen said:

mhm.
http://youtu.be/_axOSmTESU0

That's my point.
Overall if you want mindless gun action, attractive looking females and a somewhat interesting grim world then Black lagoon may be the anime for you, most people will probably find personal enjoyment in this and you can't blame them, the show is buckets of fun if you don't get tired down from seeing the same formula. But if you are interested in multidimensional and amazingly developed and fleshed out characters, intriguing plot and originality, then Black lagoon might not be for you.
Aug 26, 2013 4:44 AM

Jun 2013
Hmmm....Probably High school DxD. It would be pretty mediocre without breast scenes. :DD
EVAMAAKU14Aug 26, 2013 4:55 AM
Aug 26, 2013 5:30 AM

Aug 2013
I like a little of everything mate. Sometimes I like my drama. Sometimes I like my mindless action.
Aug 26, 2013 2:05 PM

Apr 2010
Danganronpa: the animation

Fuck that adaptation
Aug 26, 2013 2:11 PM
Jul 2012
Black Cat
Aug 26, 2013 2:15 PM

Feb 2010
Ballad of a Shinigami has mistimed music throughout its run but the subject matter carries the show without much direction already. The light novels are better but the anime is a nice distraction.
Aug 26, 2013 2:16 PM

Sep 2012
Suisei no Gargantia.
Aug 26, 2013 3:23 PM

Aug 2012
Starchaser187 said:
Polychrome said:
Devil Survivor 2

Dis! Couldn't even get through two fucking episodes without gagging.
~Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve
Aug 26, 2013 3:30 PM

Jul 2013
Well I guess by critics standards,I have seen a lot of mediocre anime.
SAO
Fate/Stay Night
Bleach
Naruto
UtaPri
etc...You get the idea.
Aug 26, 2013 6:14 PM

Aug 2013
Tonari No Kaibutsu Kun for me
Aug 26, 2013 6:37 PM
May 2012
-Muuse- said:
Tonari No Kaibutsu Kun for me

It started out pretty funny, but it went nowhere.
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Aug 26, 2013 6:44 PM

Jun 2011
@tsudaman.. really one piece is mediocre?. maybe you don't like it and thats fine but an anime doesnt become the most successful anime in Japan by being mediocre. something clearly separates it from the rest.

when i think mediocre i think Area no Kishi and True tears.
Aug 26, 2013 6:53 PM

Mar 2011
Why do people keep mistaking the word mediocre for bad/shit?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What hobbies, skills, or common views do you wish a significant other had?

IpreferEcchi - 9 hours ago

9 by 0arche »»
37 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

15 by traed »»
39 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

14 by traed »»
43 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 12 hours ago

25 by Kikugi »»
2 hours ago

» What do you think about tourism in your country?

Sad - 2 hours ago

2 by Sad »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.