Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Lupin III: Part II Episode 69 Discussion

Aug 25, 2013 9:55 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I seriously didn't expect them to kill Laura. I guess the only characters we may be sure will never die are main cast, the rest may be dispensable

Oct 19, 2014 10:45 PM
Forum Moderator
Top Aidoru ♪

Zenigata? In a touching/badass moment? I never thought I'd see the day. Also, this series has had killing before, but I think this is the first time actual blood has been shown that I can remember.

Oct 8, 2015 1:02 AM

It's been quite a long time since we have an episode that mainly focused on Zenigata. It's also one of the few episodes which Zenigata teamed up with Lupin and the gangs to fight against those new enemies.

In the end, this episode never really shows or tells us how Lupin and his gangs managed to get out of the car and how they managed to capture Fujiko. It was just an 'explanation' from Jigen to Zenigata but was not made clearly what exactly happened and how were they able to make it without being noticed.

Aug 14, 2016 7:13 PM

Geez killing Laura certainly surprised me, especially in Part II Lupin. It was obvious Zenigata wouldn't end up with her, but this definitely came out of left field. Part II Lupin's had tragedy before, but I'd definitely consider this the most depressingly tragic episode of Part II Lupin so far, from memory anyway. The comedy of Lupin leading the mob goons around by the nose at the end didn't mesh well with it either. Both Lupin, and especially Fujiko look pretty bad in the end too. She was effectively complicit in Laura's death while Lupin comes off as an ass offering to introduce Pops to another girl so soon, though definitely an in-character one. I guess if nothing else this serves as a reminder that while the Lupin regulars are usually likeable and easy enough to root for they are, in fact, criminals with unsavory sides too. Something it sometimes becomes easy to forget.

Sep 27, 2016 2:36 AM

Damn she actually died, did not see that coming.

And also Fujiko, she deserved far worse in this episode.

Jul 18, 2017 3:18 PM
Shocked said:

Zenigata? In a touching/badass moment? I never thought I'd see the day. Also, this series has had killing before, but I think this is the first time actual blood has been shown that I can remember.

I have seen anime that has done this numerous times and Very few can pull it off. Lupin the III is one of those few.

Mar 11, 7:54 AM

Episode 69 huhehe

I always don't get it why Fujiko always forgiven at the end of the day
She have done a lot of worse things than Lupin & gang

Awwww, Zenigata :(
"Signature removed"

Apr 18, 10:19 AM

Surprising turn of events, but Fujiko is still being Fujiko xD
Kokoro did nothing wrong.