Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2013 6:03 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I thought we was in for a slowly build up showdown between Wolfram and Grete the Innkeeper. This chapter was quite a turning point. I love how they illustrated her last desperate attempt to take Wolfram down after realizing every exit route was blocked. In a way, this is a good change of pace because it further cemented the despair and overwhelming odds against the rebels after the Mistress was killed.

I doubt Young Walter is going to take the main stage and he sounds like he is on a suicidal mission.
Mar 18, 2014 4:53 PM

Jul 2010
Well that was grim.
Mar 25, 2014 8:03 AM

Sep 2013
Why did Grete have to die :( this author just keeps killing off main characters every chapter and you don't know who is safe. Walter better not die.
Apr 20, 2014 1:33 PM

Feb 2014
Ouch. Like it though.
Apr 24, 2014 5:10 AM
Mar 2012
I don't think i'll ever give ratings to this. I hate almost every chapter because people keep on freaking dying.

About this death though, I know it's a bit naive, but her hair colour getting washed out like that... Is it possible they switched the bodies with the girl she stabbed in the chest? Doesn't seem like there's a point in showing her decomposing corpse after showing it had already been hanged.

But there's no ways that Wolfram got decieved. If she's still alive then he definately knows something.

Glad that new chapters are being scanlated...
Feb 25, 2015 6:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I did not for a moment expect for the Innkeeper to get killed. I was expecting for her to be one of the main characters throughout the entirety of this manga. I wonder if it's going to be Walter now? Or is this just an exercise in observing cruelty?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 5, 2015 6:21 PM

Feb 2013
Fuck what a mean manga this is.
Sep 17, 2015 8:01 PM

Nov 2011
Seems like no one is safe when targeted in this series...not even for a mistress who can bewitch others.

Well I guess it's not surprising by this point with all the dark stuff going on.
Apr 24, 2017 1:24 PM

Dec 2015
You kill the only person I thought would live till the end? Fuck you.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 1, 2019 2:52 AM

Jan 2018
Shiiit how could she die so early... that was something I really wasn't expecting.
Jan 20, 2020 12:59 PM
Jul 2011
Gotta take a break from reading this manga with this chapter because this is the first time in long time a manga story has made me pissed, lol. Was not expecting Innkeeper to die so quickly. Thought she was gonna serve as a focal point for the other chapter by chapter protags that seemingly keep dying every chapter.

The previous bit with the mom and daughter was very cruel so the hopeful potential that Innkeeper would help lead justice to the cartoonish cruel Wolfram was the only thing keeping me reading this. Any death that isn't slow and torturous would be too good for him.
Apr 12, 2023 3:44 AM

Oct 2013
I'm glad that at least the girl managed to pass through the gate and survive later on. It was awful what Wolfram's guards did to her and her mother during the inspection. At least the Mistress of the Inn was there, along with other rebels. Too bad that such a good deed (both for the saved girl and for the rebellion itself, due to the precious information Juwel was sent to share with insurgents) was the reason the Mistress was exposed and eventually killed. While it was sad to see Greta getting caught, and then to see her corpse hanging on the gallows, I value such moments in works of arts, not only in mangas.

Realism, even if grim, is important when writing a story set in real life world. Especially when the story itself tells a story full of violence, pain and tragedy. Important character or not, living legend or not, plot armor should be limited to a bare minimum. That's why I tip my hat to Mitsuhisa Kuji for such approach.
Mar 17, 4:58 PM

Sep 2014
Roughest chapter yet. I have been thinking the others were almost too soft, but this certainly wasnt.

I really thought Grete would make it to the end and act as a sort of protagonist..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 10, 9:28 PM

Mar 2019
R.I.P. lady of the inn.. 😔

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wolfsmund Chapter 37 Discussion

Farabeuf - Jan 3, 2017

3 by Jonas-K »»
Yesterday, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Wolfsmund Chapter 34 Discussion

joe_g7 - May 4, 2017

1 by Jonas-K »»
Yesterday, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Wolfsmund Chapter 33 Discussion

joe_g7 - May 4, 2017

2 by Jonas-K »»
Yesterday, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Ookami no Kuchi: Wolfsmund Chapter 29 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2016

5 by Jonas-K »»
Yesterday, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Ookami no Kuchi: Wolfsmund Chapter 20 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Feb 27, 2015

11 by Jonas-K »»
Yesterday, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.