Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Lupin III: Part II Episode 66 Discussion

Aug 24, 2013 3:11 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They use funeral trick for the second time. And like it matters much which bullet it is as long as it hits the target... Besides, Beauty calls himself a professional killer but he didn't even bother to make a finishing shot... And he just stood in the end and waited until he was shot. All in all it was pretty lame episode in my opinion

Apr 20, 2014 7:21 AM
Mercury bullets? That was a little overkill for Lupin.

Oct 18, 2014 10:47 PM
Forum Moderator
Top Aidoru ♪

That was a little more dramatic than usual. Heck, the opening was like something out of a crime drama. I don't know about it being a good or bad episode, but it was a pretty nice change of pace.

Oct 7, 2015 7:18 AM

Not as good as the first funeral trick. I was wondering why no one seems to be affected after the 'death' of Lupin on the scene itself. Fujiko was like the only person who reacted to his 'death' but not Jigen, Goemon and Zenigata. It's understandable that Goemon and Jigen already knew about faking Lupin's death but Fujiko was like the only person who was trying to make the whole death scene looked realistic. Addtionally, Zenigata never even reacted at all, considering that he never knew about all of this and he was the type who got emotional easily whenever Lupin got 'killed'.

The strange thing about this episode was about the burial. If Beauty was witnessing the burial, why is it that the gangs managed to retrieve Lupin back as if it was nothing? They came back to their hideout only to make fun of everything that happened and Lupin was already lying on the bed, wrapped in bandages. I was confused. They managed to fake his death by using the bullet but how were they able to fake the burial? I mean, Lupin 'died' on the spot and Beauty was there to confirm his death and he only left after the burial. Even if Lupin was buried, how was he able to breathe in the dirt? The whole burial process would have took longer than 3 minutes. If Lupin somehow managed to escape before the burial, I don't think Beauty will not noticed it, considering that he is a professional.

Anyway, it was just an okay episode and I understand that this series should not be taken seriously. The problem could have been the way it handled the tone. It ruined what could have been a great dramatic scene unlike the episode related to the first funeral trick which done it really well apart from the soundtracks during Zenigata's reaction towards his 'death' though.

Serhiyko said:
They use funeral trick for the second time. And like it matters much which bullet it is as long as it hits the target... Besides, Beauty calls himself a professional killer but he didn't even bother to make a finishing shot... And he just stood in the end and waited until he was shot. All in all it was pretty lame episode in my opinion

Yeah, it kind of bothered me a bit. He just stood there, wait for Lupin to pass the mercury bullet to Jigen, allowed Jigen to take aim at him before he started pulling his gun out which was weird. LOL.
Modified by turbulent, Oct 7, 2015 7:26 AM

Aug 12, 2016 1:08 AM

Fujiko really was the best part of this one. She was fully devoted to Lupin's well being from beginning to end. First urging him to flee with her, then tracking down Zenigata to try and have him protect him, and helping in the scheme to take down Beauty. Seeing her faint after Beauty got blown to bits was....interesting. Really accentuated her...assets. XD

Nice cross-eyes Goemon. XD

Sep 21, 2016 5:27 AM

Was he supposed to be a Steve McQueen imitator or something?

Also damn that was a brutal death for Lupin standards.

Mar 11, 4:47 AM

The climax is bit weird, he didn't even try to dodge
Well either way it's too late to dodge
Rest in pieces xD

Mercury bullets OP
Modified by Rayl1ght, Mar 11, 4:51 AM
"Signature removed"

Apr 17, 3:13 PM

Rather intense compared to your average episode, Lupin never gets boring.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.