Forum Settings
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2013 4:38 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
No sign of Himiko or Oda yet (aside from memories and an enticing but misleading cover) but 7 new people... though one less by the end so seems like a new large arc of BTOOOM!

Summary soon...
hpulleyAug 23, 2013 5:49 PM
Aug 25, 2013 2:22 PM

Jul 2012
so 7 new people were dropped onto the island?

ill wait for the summary but thanks for the heads up :D
Aug 25, 2013 3:56 PM

Sep 2012
csal07 said:
so 7 new people were dropped onto the island?

ill wait for the summary but thanks for the heads up :D
No, they've been here all along but don't seem to be playing the game, just kind of looking out for themselves though they know about the 8 chips needed to leave the island. They are part of the original 32 contestants as far as I can tell.

New people:

Amakusa, the leader

Kaguya, the little girl

Soga, the guy with a toque.

Kyoshi, the young woman

Ono, the grandma who is dead at the end of the chapter

Torio, the boy with the video camera (not sure how he charges it)

Shibata, the guy with a bad combover

Sorry, never did get to the summary but that's most of it.

Ryota feeling bad about messing up the rescue. Thinking about Oda and Himiko which is the only place other than the cover that we see Himiko this month. He calls out for Himiko, hears a voice but it is the girl.

He has washed up on the shore with the girl who doesn't talk (much?). She feeds him some salad greens with some mayonnaise on it.

There is another air drop. Torio films while Soga runs and grabs it. Kyoshi argues with Ono about the beauty supplies, doesn't think Ono needs it.

They have a gated community of sorts. They lock it up when they bring back the cargo suitcase. Torio who is filming still says, "We call it Sanctuary." When they get back they collect up everyone's BIMs, I assume so no one attacks anyone inside the Sanctuary.

They think they are alone so they are shocked when they see Ryota in there with Kaguya having him follow her up from the beach. They think he has her as a hostage, tells him to let her go. They see he doesn't have any BIMs on him so they rough him up and dunk his head under the water in the pool under the waterfall. But Kaguya starts crying so Amakusa sees that she thinks there is no problem so they let him go.

They make dinner. He tells them about his escape plan that failed. They say he's really cool. Praise him. Ono the old woman says it sounds like her older brother Tatsu in the Battle of Guadalcanal. Kyoshi says Ono thinks he looks like him.

... may do more here later ...

Ryota thinks about Himiko, hopes she is OK.

Back on the mainland, Takanohashi is apologizing for messing up.

And... question answered, there is an electrical outlet that works where Torio is charging the camera.

At the end, Ono is lying dead on the ground. Could she have been killed over beauty supplies??? Or because Ryota makes 8 perhaps someone now sees the magic number of chips needed to get off the island if they kill the rest of them... we have a whodunnit on our hands...
Aug 25, 2013 5:17 PM

Jul 2012
lets hope it was an accident DX
did they check to see if she(ono) still has her chips?

Well thanks again for the summary hpulley!:D

or is there more? XD
Aug 25, 2013 6:04 PM

Sep 2012
Still seems to have her chip in. They didn't say it was missing and while they didn't do a real close up to make sure it isn't just a hole in her hand it looks like it is still there. Her neck was bruised, she was strangled.

Kyoshi was the first to find her and scream but we all know the killer can do that to make it look like it wasn't them. All of them were there looking and Amakusa mused that he couldn't see a reaction that meant who it was.

Is there more? Just some inner thoughts by Ryota about how they didn't really seem to understand the game, wondered about the penalty for not playing, thinking about if he could get them to do something with a helicopter but doesn't think they would or could go for it. A pretty weak group if not for their Sanctuary.

Sorry I didn't have time for a word for word this week, just too much to read and watch... argh... LOL
Jan 30, 2014 1:36 AM

Aug 2008
Hopefully this chapter will be released by the end of the weekend, if not early next week. Needed some clarification on the TL among other things. XD

Seems like every time we release a chapter another one comes out. So hard to catch up. lol.

These next few chapters are going to be lively. ^_^
Jan 30, 2014 2:34 AM

Sep 2012
Clarification on the TL?

I did 67 word for word and started 68 word for word. If I had time I'd redo 66 word for word but I should finish 68-69 first...
Jan 30, 2014 11:41 PM

Aug 2008
Oh, not your TL hpulley, I meant the TLer for s2s. I do the PR for the english releases.

It looks like ch 70 is out now too. :x
Jan 31, 2014 5:10 AM

Sep 2012
askani said:
Oh, not your TL hpulley, I meant the TLer for s2s. I do the PR for the english releases.

It looks like ch 70 is out now too. :x
Thanks, I thought you wondered about my TL. I do make mistakes.... I am human.

I am only buying the tankobons now so unfortunately I will need to wait for May for chapter 70+. Monthly Bunch magazine I used to buy but I just can't justify buying as many magazines as I used to, especially since I was only reading that one for BTOOOM! As much as I like it, with the new arc I can now afford to wait.
Feb 1, 2014 11:11 PM

Aug 2008
Yeah, the raw provider for s2s only buys the tanks as well... since it makes for a lot better quality. Just means everyone will be even more impatient for new chapters once we catch up to the end of the current tank. :x
Feb 2, 2014 2:06 AM

Sep 2012
Yeah, agreed, the monthly magazines are newsprint quality, not very good.
Feb 3, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2008
it turned into a game of who dun it..
More screen time for the loli please~ lol
Feb 3, 2014 12:48 PM

Nov 2011
ahaha just guessing who did it but i'd pick the "leader guy" :D cuz he was waiting for the "7th" person to show up so he can leave
Feb 3, 2014 1:39 PM

Nov 2011
A mystery murder now huh? I bet it's one of the new people that committed it. No sign of Himiko...but I'm pretty sure she survived.
Feb 3, 2014 2:20 PM

May 2013
-Kazu said:
it turned into a game of who dun it..
More screen time for the loli please~ lol

It exactly reminded me of that game lol. I wonder who the killer is. I bet you it's that religious guy.
Feb 3, 2014 2:32 PM

Jul 2013
hmmmm a murder and i want himiko to be save and sound
Feb 3, 2014 2:33 PM

Nov 2013
Ryota is fucked. Seems like one of them was waiting for an opportunity, and took it when he showed up.
Feb 3, 2014 3:22 PM

Oct 2013
We Detective Conan now.
Feb 3, 2014 3:50 PM
Feb 3, 2014 5:23 PM
Mar 2012
This suddenly became a detective series
Feb 3, 2014 10:24 PM

Oct 2011
huuuh said:
We Detective Conan now.

Yep, I'm fully enjoying it :D

Feb 5, 2014 5:11 AM

Dec 2008
Ryota just got there and already someone's dead? This guy just can't catch a break. I'm sure he's going to be suspected of killing Ono. However, that can't be possible because he was with Torio.

I'm putting my money on Amakusa as the killer. There's just something about him and his "kind and serene" nature that rubs me the wrong way.
Feb 5, 2014 2:18 PM
Jun 2013
Wow, things got heat up pretty damn fast.. Also quite unpredictable.
However I can try and guess a few things that might happen..
The first and most obvious, Ryouta will become the main suspect since hes the new guy. He might even question himself of having a hidden psycopath personality hes not aware of.
The second one, Ono (the old lady) had her chip because the killer would have been easily found with the extra chip, but there´s no doubt he´s after the 8 chips. Now what´s it gonna be of her chip?
Maybe, Amakusa their leader will carry that burden? xD. Also, he seems to understand Kaguya pretty well unlike the rest.
Let´s also check the people´s faces on the crime scene shall we? It´s always so fun =D they are all so shocked.. wait kaguya you don´t look so surprised =S..

Here are my suspects and % of suspition of each:

Kaguya: 40% (yeah shes cute alright, those are the ones that hurt the most QQ)
Amakusa: 40% (religious cult, nuff said...)
Torio: 13% (He might have a fetish recording his deaths as trophies. His cam is gonna play a key part in finding the killer though.)
Sogo: 5% (He reminds me a bit of Masahito Date (backstabbing piece of ..) otherwise he´d be 1%)
Kyoshi: 1% (Killing over a perfume?? Gucci PLS!)
Shibata: 1% (He´s next lol)
idolomantisFeb 5, 2014 9:29 PM
Feb 11, 2014 2:13 AM

Aug 2012
and now the detective route begins
Feb 28, 2014 3:57 AM

Oct 2012
idolomantis said:

Let´s also check the people´s faces on the crime scene shall we? It´s always so fun =D they are all so shocked.. wait kaguya you don´t look so surprised =S..

lol, you're right...for a child it's strange to stay so calm in situation like this! xD
Mar 9, 2014 1:31 AM
Feb 2014
actually i think he should think more about himiko ><
all he cares is about he failed and the people he died and only had
1 single thought for a second about whats about his gf...
i actualy wanted to see what would happen now
(without the new people on this chapter, just him , himiko and oda VS the miltary trying to escape.)
Apr 11, 2014 6:39 PM
Dec 2013
Why didn't he think more about himiko ughhh...
why didn't he saved them or find them..

he only thinks about his plan failed and all the people had died from his hand..
that was her GF.. why not think hard..

hmm .. this goes to another arc ey...

oda and himiko should really help each other to protect themselves

Aug 14, 2014 9:19 AM

Mar 2012
I... I just love this manga so much.
Jun 4, 2015 1:48 AM

Feb 2012
guessing the killer is the religious leader? but the child would be the the most obvious "twist." though it will be easy to blame it on the mc at this point. was clear from the beginning that there would be a corruption.. too many in that group for it to be safe. sad the old lady had to be the one to die :-(
Oct 8, 2019 12:45 AM
Sep 2018
the new bunch are good and all but when will himiko return
Sep 21, 2020 11:54 PM

May 2020
Sakamoto split up with his team and found a new loli also new team. Just by Sakamoto's coming someone got killed geez what de heck.
Dec 8, 2020 5:30 AM
Oct 2015
So is Sakamoto just straight up a paedophile?

Chad_SkullKnightDec 8, 2020 5:35 AM
Dec 5, 2021 6:10 AM
Jun 2013
The easy guess is that it's the little girl. When the guy said her eyes never lie, that was a foreshadow, I think. Also when they all returned they expected her to be there alone; that means she snuck out without telling anyone.
animeguy17Dec 5, 2021 6:14 AM
Dec 5, 2021 6:12 AM
Jun 2013
I just thought of this: imagine if Oda got together with Himiko. That would be the ultimate betrayal. Sakamoto would go into rage mode!
Nov 13, 2022 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
worried abt himiko i think the mc might get ntr'd by him again
Apr 30, 2023 11:24 PM

Jul 2021
Now they probably gonna frame Sakamoto for killing her but I think this might be the work of that pedophile guy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 125 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

12 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 26, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 97 Discussion

drama_menck - Oct 5, 2016

21 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 14, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 122 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

25 by Xeehad »»
Jan 14, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 121 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

13 by Xeehad »»
Jan 13, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 77 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2015

23 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 9, 2:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.