Forum Settings
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2013 11:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Started reading this today.

It seems like the main protagonist is this Ayato dude. What an awkward way to start lmao. So the main girl is a Strega which is another term for Witch I guess. That's kinda nice to know since I would assume it's one of the classes in this series. She seems to be quite skilled in her skills too. Oh and look we learn her name is Julis. Lol, what a first chapter though...the kid is pretty much at the wrong place at the wrong time. That duel seemed so predictable though.

It looks like there's a rivalry between Claudia and Julis as well. Inb4 cat fight Her personality kinda reminds me of Akeno from DxD with her aggressiveness and teasing. Well at least Ayato's roommate is a guy so he doesn't need to worry about accidentally peeking again.

That Lester guy kinda pissed me off in chapter 3. One thing I did learn about this chapter is that there are rankings. Lester is #9 so there are 8 more higher than him in terms of power. (there seems to be 12 others as well) So I guess this rivalry between Lester and Julis is based on battle. I thought it would be something related to love affairs or something.

Saya vs. Julis in chapter 4 huh? I'm not sure what exactly to say about that tbh. The result of their battle was a bit....fan service though. Dat wet clothes.

Dat chapter 5. Oh God, I think Claudia has a thing for Ayato now. No doubt about that but at the same time, I'm curious on the culprit. Oh well, at least Ayato didn't get his ass caught or he'd be in major trouble for sneaking into the girl dorms.

Julis said:
T-this is just something sent from home. I just thought I should dress in something suitable for the occasion. I-it's not like I chose this especially for you or anything...

Tsundere? XD

She does look quite cute though in chapter 6 imo. Anyways, chapter 6 was okay with the intensity of the second half. Damn, that attacker is quick on its feet though. Chapter 7 on the other hand was even more intense and even got emotional a bit. Well at any case, this volume was okay for me. Some parts were a bit unnecessary and cliched but others set the premise well. I guess I'll look out for more to come.
Sep 9, 2013 10:54 PM

Aug 2011
Pretty generic in all, but I have a thing for hax protagonists who hide their true power so I actually really liked this.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Volume 17 Discussion

Syureria - Jun 28, 2022

3 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 3:09 PM

» So who does he end up with

goldfishluke - Jul 5, 2023

4 by Narity_ »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:41 AM

» Is Gakusen Toshi Asteris' LN worth reading?

Somuchgamer - Apr 4, 2016

13 by TevishSzat »»
Feb 2, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Volume 13 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jun 18, 2020

1 by Kenteezy »»
Jun 30, 2020 11:24 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Volume 12 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jan 29, 2020

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Jan 29, 2020 7:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.