Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 22, 2013 11:27 AM

Mar 2009
Talk about the series you think is best! Are there underrated gems that more people need to be aware of? Are there solid contenders that stand above the rest?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 24, 2013 8:22 PM
Sep 2011
Best and favorite are two completely different things.

The top four best imo are Cardcaptor Sakura, Princess Tutu, Ojamajo Doremi, and Fresh Precure.

Otogi-Jushi Akazukin is a personal favorite of mine. It's "that one show" for me. The one that helped me get through depressing times. I can admit it's not one of the best though.
Aug 28, 2013 9:29 AM

Mar 2009
I've heard great things about Doremi. I just need to accept the art style. It's a bit off-putting for me.
Sep 16, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2012
My "best" picks if I were to help find newcomers who want MGs a chance would be around Princess Tutu or even the over-hyped "Puella Magi Madoka Magica". Same time, PMMM was the sole reason why I have returned to the hype. (It's like a fresh smoothie.)

My favorites? Some of Tokyo Mew Mew, that above, Princess Tutu, Cardcaptor Sakura (and yes, it was among one of the best of the 90s), and praise to the PreCure Franchise (Smile being my favorite, but I have not gotten myself to watch the past seasons.)

God what a mess of titles I am spilling. :I

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Sep 23, 2013 8:07 PM

Nov 2011
Sailor Moon of course <3 Particularly that third season. Such a perfect and wonderful finale for the series.

I also love Card Captor Sakura and Magic Knight Rayearth. Mai Hime is another favorite but it;s not a pure mahou shoujo.
Oct 24, 2013 12:26 AM

Mar 2012
Madoka Magica isn't one I'd talk about in terms of its standing with other magical girl anime but it does have magical girls and I do consider it be better than anything else I've seen with them

Other than that there's Precure (Heartcatch and Smile being my favourites from what I've seen) and Princess Tutu (Which is phenomenal but I haven't finished it yet).
Oct 24, 2013 3:17 PM

Nov 2011
SaberKino said:
Madoka Magica isn't one I'd talk about in terms of its standing with other magical girl anime but it does have magical girls and I do consider it be better than anything else I've seen with them

Other than that there's Precure (Heartcatch and Smile being my favourites from what I've seen) and Princess Tutu (Which is phenomenal but I haven't finished it yet).

Well Madoka is seinen, so it's not surprising that you, as a male, like it more than shoujo stuff.
Oct 24, 2013 7:55 PM

Jun 2008
I'm male and I don't even like Madoka.
Nov 23, 2013 1:58 PM

Oct 2011
Salior Moon fo sho
Feb 13, 2014 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
Thought I'd add some of my favorites, not saying the best, and not in any order.

Princess Tutu
Cardcaptor Sakura
Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

@Amberleh, I enjoyed Mai-HiME! :D
Red-EyezFeb 25, 2014 8:50 AM
Apr 20, 2016 9:34 AM
Jan 2013
Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura are one of the best mahou shoujo's of the 90's.
Apr 9, 2017 9:21 AM
Jan 2017
Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura
Dec 17, 2019 10:57 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
The 90s Sailor Moon anime and Cardcaptor Sakura's original manga are childhood favorites. While I still love Cardcaptor Sakura's manga and still consider it to be one of my favorite manga, I prefer the original Sailor Moon manga to the 90s show as it's more straight to the point and has lovely art.

I guess my favorite magical girl series right now (as well as favorite anime in general) is Puella Magi Madoka Magica haha.

Princess Tutu is a new favorite for me this year ♥
Uta∽Kata is pretty good too (and is another new favorite for me), I've talked more about the anime in the overlooked/underrated forum in this club if anyone's curious on my thoughts on it (I'll put it below)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Overlooked/underrated Mahou Shoujo anime/manga

CommanderSparkle - May 11, 2017

5 by SpaceLemurVG »»
Mar 17, 2021 1:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.