Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that you know is bad, but you couldn't help but like?

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2013 8:02 AM

Oct 2012
Corpse princess
Girls bravo
'Stay gold'
-Nenthus
Aug 23, 2013 8:02 AM

Mar 2012
darkholy said:
If you like it, then it isn't bad.

In fact, that is how I rate my anime, on the level of enjoyment I got while watching.
It doesn't matter if the anime in question has massive plot holes, or if the ending was a dud, or if the production quality wasen't top notch ect., as long as it was a fun watch for you for whatever reason, then it's not a bad anime.

You can like/dislike something without having the whole world agreeing with you, you know...

I think when they say "bad," they mean in terms of plot, story, or character.

You can still really enjoy an anime if it has a really shitty story. I call it the "Twister" effect. Have you ever seen the movie "Twister"? From a plot and character perspective, that movie is really fucking stupid. However, it's a really enjoyable movie just for how "over-the-top" it is with a lot of its tornado scenes. It's an enjoyable move and I'd even call it my favorite disaster movie. However, even though I enjoyed it, I thought it was pretty fucking bad in regards to story and the characters are beyond stupid.

I think that's what the OP is getting at in regards to anime. You can enjoy an anime and still admit it's bad in some elements.
Aug 23, 2013 8:04 AM

Sep 2012
darkholy said:

In fact, that is how I rate my anime, on the level of enjoyment I got while watching.
It doesn't matter if the anime in question has massive plot holes, or if the ending was a dud, or if the production quality wasen't top notch ect., as long as it was a fun watch for you for whatever reason, then it's not a bad anime.

You can like/dislike something without having the whole world agreeing with you, you know...

Aww that's cute. You haven't seen Mars of Destruction, have you.
Aug 23, 2013 8:07 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well I know SAO has numerous flaws but I was willing to completely overlook all of them like it was nothing.

Other than that there aren't too many, mostly numerous comedies I've given 9's because I really enjoyed them even if they were cheap.
Aug 23, 2013 8:08 AM

Mar 2012
Cupquake said:
tHe-OTAKU- said:
darkholy said:

I swear, people watch that to punish themselves.

I watched it out of curiosity and I thought it fucking hilarious (and yes, I know it wasn't trying to be).

You want to punish yourself? Watch Hidan no Aria or Raimuiro Senkitan. Now THAT is punishment!
Aug 23, 2013 8:08 AM

Dec 2012
Toucanbird said:
darkholy said:

I think when they say "bad," they mean in terms of plot, story, or character.

You can still really enjoy an anime if it has a really shitty story. I call it the "Twister" effect. Have you ever seen the movie "Twister"? From a plot and character perspective, that movie is really fucking stupid. However, it's a really enjoyable movie just for how "over-the-top" it is with a lot of its tornado scenes. It's an enjoyable move and I'd even call it my favorite disaster movie. However, even though I enjoyed it, I thought it was pretty fucking bad in regards to story and the characters are beyond stupid.

I think that's what the OP is getting at in regards to anime. You can enjoy an anime and still admit it's bad in some elements.

Well, of course you can still enjoy a bad anime, movie ect. "It's so bad, it's good" is a perfect description for that.

However, when I think "bad anime", I'm thinking of one that I didn't enjoy.
I thought OP meant the same.
Aug 23, 2013 8:15 AM
Apr 2012
There isn't any and there never will be. If I enjoy something then to me it's good.
Aug 23, 2013 8:22 AM

Sep 2012
Toucanbird said:
Cupquake said:
tHe-OTAKU- said:
darkholy said:

I watched it out of curiosity and I thought it fucking hilarious (and yes, I know it wasn't trying to be).

You want to punish yourself? Watch Hidan no Aria or Raimuiro Senkitan. Now THAT is punishment!
Toucanbird said:
Cupquake said:
tHe-OTAKU- said:
darkholy said:

Yes MoD was quite the experience. :'D

I don't know what I scored Hidan no Aria on my list, but it's probably far too high since I watched that show at a time when I thought every anime was a holy gift from the heavens. It was crap.
Though not nearly as crap as Lunar Legend Tsukihime. Like, that anime was a whole new level of shite.
Aug 23, 2013 8:50 AM

Apr 2009
The majority of my 7 and lowers except Shukufuku no Campanella. I manage to delve into the world and enjoy most of the series I watch, despite their flaws.

That doesn't stop me from rating it low though.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Aug 23, 2013 8:58 AM

Apr 2013
Yosuga no Sora and Photokano ..... watched them out of boredom , they have no continuity .
Yosuga is a like a softcore hentai. Aside the appeals it has nothing .
Photokano it's in the same posture but it wasnt a softcore hentai , not even an insinuation . It was just a stupid anime with a guy that is allowed to take ecchi photos .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 23, 2013 10:45 AM

Jun 2007
I guess Bleach would be the big one, although I eventually dropped it the show was fun and I really enjoyed but boy was it messy. I could tell the creator changed the the plot and it's direction because it was starting to get popular without being told so.

DBZ, now I still think the show is good especially when you consider it age and how much the was new to the series but the long drawn out talks in the middle of the battles, sometimes the show has a so bad it's good vibe.

Other then that I guess the BL shows I've watched although I didn't really enjoy most of them and am not entirely sure why I finished a few.

And I think that's it I've become picky with anime in my old age my guilty pleasure manga list however that's a sight to behold
Aug 30, 2013 6:14 AM

Jan 2013
Mondaiji-tachi I don't even know myself why I enjoy it but for some reason I do. I mean beside op song and good idea there is pretty match noting that was done well, the fights are all skipped, the main characters are insanely strong so they can do anything without even trying etc. But despite all of that I enjoy it very much and I wish for a second season.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Aug 30, 2013 6:36 AM

Apr 2013
This thread title sounds like :
Michael Jackson - Who's Bad .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 30, 2013 6:42 AM

Nov 2012
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, both seasons

extremely rush, but really enjoyable ( if you can actually understand what the hell it is about)
Sep 1, 2013 11:50 PM

Jun 2013
-SAO, although I don't think of it as bad, that's just the general populace's view.

-Campione, I enjoyed the characters, but I guess the ecchi was kinda weird for me

-Fairy Tail, classic shounen, Natsu always gets new powers when he's about to lose.
Sep 2, 2013 12:05 AM

Jun 2013
shadow3rx said:
-SAO, although I don't think of it as bad, that's just the general populace's view.

-Campione, I enjoyed the characters, but I guess the ecchi was kinda weird for me

-Fairy Tail, classic shounen, Natsu always gets new powers when he's about to lose.

I don't think Fairy Tail is considered "bad" Most shounen fans would consider it to be one of the best, if not the best made. However, I'm not a major shounen fan, so I can't make such claims.

I agree, for I enjoyed the characters in Campione as well.

Not gonna change my stance on SAO.

OT: Detroit Metal City is too underrated for how good it is.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Sep 2, 2013 1:14 AM

Apr 2013
Bleach
Sep 2, 2013 1:34 AM

Aug 2009
MD Geist
Genocyber
Amon: Apocalypse of Devilman

really most gorey 90's OVA's in general. Pretty much my guilty pleasures. Also Detroit Metal City is amazing, not only is it unique and interesting but it's laugh out loud hilarious too.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 2, 2013 3:29 AM

Jul 2013
Kiss x Sis - Great as fap material, bad as a story.

B Gata H Kei - Very funny, but sometimes I cant help but think about how ridiculous and unrealistic the plot was.

Soul Eater - Generic shounen, but boy was the action enjoyable. Also, the characters are some of my favorite from any shounen despite being really over-the-top.
Sep 2, 2013 3:35 AM

Aug 2012
Date A Live - I don't think I've ever seen such a cliche-dense anime, nor have I ever experienced so many of these:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoodWhiplash

in a mere twelve episodes.

Still love it though, and I'm eagerly waiting for the second season.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 2, 2013 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
Redline - It isn't that bad, it's just more of an eye candy.
Angel Beats - It had lots of potential.
Sword Art Online - It was entertaining-ish if you don't focus on the plot and character development.
Sep 2, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2012
I don't think it's that bad from the ratings, but from some of the reviews it sounded pretty bad. Personally, I just couldn't help but like the concept of SAO.
Sep 2, 2013 6:45 AM

Jul 2013
Kyoshiro to towa no sora.
I don't remember it very well but I KNOW it was bad...
I was 16 when I watched it in 2008 and just thought about how pretty the characters were....
Sep 2, 2013 6:57 AM

Apr 2013
Garzey's Wing. Nuff Said. :P
Sep 2, 2013 7:06 AM

Nov 2012
Ayame0126
Angel Beats - It had lots of potential.
development.[/quote said:

Just because something has potential doesn't mean you must be greedy and go all in.

Sometimes like Angel Beats, doing the amount they did was enough.

"Climb the mountain not so the world can see you, but so that you can see the world."
Sep 2, 2013 7:56 AM
Aug 2011
What kind of a logic is that?
Sep 2, 2013 8:05 AM

Mar 2012
Clannad AS
Sep 2, 2013 8:09 AM

Jul 2008
- Vampire Knight. As a fan of romance I liked it, even tho it's the cheesiest thing I've ever seen.

- Chocotto Sister. The kawaii got to me and made me rate it a 9.
Sep 2, 2013 9:53 AM
May 2013
Umineko
Sep 2, 2013 1:42 PM

Jun 2008
I'm enjoying Brothers Conflict more then i should..
Sep 2, 2013 2:09 PM

Jun 2013
There are probably about a dozen harem type anime's that I've seen that were absolutely terrible in terms of both plotting and characters - yet I still watched them and enjoyed them for the laughs and comedy. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai & Kore wa Zombie-desu ka? being two of those series' that I found so so bad yet enjoyable.

Currently, I am finding Watamote to be almost unbearable! The high amount of secondhand embarrassment is killing me to the point that I can't actually bring myself to properly watch an entire episode without turning away from the screen! Also, Sword Art Online is one of those bad anime's that I enjoyed in the end - in my opinion, it was fairly decent until it got to the part where Kirito thought it was a genius idea to enter a new fairy game and his sister/cousin fell in love with him OTL

Though one of the anime's that I've seen that was completely terrible yet I enjoyed was probably Yosuga no Sora. I mean, teenage girls with the biggest boobies, an alcoholic maid lusting over a 15 year old boy - and said 15 year old boy ending up in a full blown sexual relationship with his twin loli-sister who sits at home masturbating over the thought of him all day. Not to mention he goes around sticking it into every single girl he knows. Sounds like a hentai, but it is not - and I was 100000% not mentally prepared for the amount of sex, boobies and incest //but in the end I really did enjoy it and it was actually pretty funny once you get over the slight shock that the twins had to leave their town and move away because they were caught frickfracking doggy style in the entry way//
Sep 2, 2013 6:59 PM

Dec 2012
Mine is School Days. Actually I wouldn't call the anime bad at all, but it is frustrating for a lot of its viewers.
Sep 3, 2013 6:03 AM

Jul 2013
Guilty crown
most of the characters are horrible and the writing is off
BUT
I loved the visuals and the OST....might re-watch it...
Sep 15, 2013 4:10 PM

Aug 2012
Seitokai Yakuindomo. The humor was awful, but I loved every minute of it, and by awful, I mean inappropriate for children.
Sep 15, 2013 5:11 PM

Sep 2012
Sword Art Online- So many plot holes but so much fun!
No 6- Cheesy utopia show with the worst ending ever. Still love it.
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate- Incredibly stupid, but still has great comedy and a neat art style.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
Sep 15, 2013 6:21 PM
Jun 2013
oh~ a guilty pleasure thread, i say kissxsis
Sep 16, 2013 12:47 AM

Sep 2012
Angel Cop
Sep 16, 2013 2:24 AM
Sep 2012
Vividred Operation was pretty stupid but hey there are cute girls '-'
Sep 16, 2013 2:32 AM

Aug 2009
Genocyber and Cyring Freeman

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 16, 2013 5:06 AM

Sep 2013
- Peach girl: Well, i don't know why i like it so much, i just couldn't help it. Kairi is so cute and it was so romantic at times, but it also pissed me off sometimes. But in the end i thought it was great, and it was a cute ending.

- Yu-gi-oh!: If you don't pay attention on when they duels, and actually just looked at the story, it's very exciting, and that was the first one i've ever seen, and made me watch anime. Now i'm obsessed.
Sep 16, 2013 5:08 AM

Jul 2012
Sep 16, 2013 8:57 AM

Aug 2012
Highschool of the Dead
Sep 16, 2013 8:58 AM

Apr 2013
Sekirei was awful but It had some funny moments
Sep 16, 2013 11:46 AM

Apr 2009
Symphogear.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 16, 2013 12:02 PM

Sep 2007
Fairy Tail. I give it a 9 for pure enjoyment even though I know that it's objetively just another generic shounen with endless battles.
Sword art online - i liked it enough to watch it all the way through without becoming a complete hater. It has lots of flaws and did not turn out to be what I wanted, but it was nice entertainment.
Sep 16, 2013 12:32 PM

Feb 2012
As much as I hate to admit it, I kinda enjoyed Freezing. Ridiculous amount of unnecessary fanservice aside, the premise of the plot had a good foundation for something with some potential and this did begin to show some (kinda) towards the end of the series. After all, it was enough to perk my interest to read ahead in the manga, although I will say otherwise after reading on ahead (as that is another story). It's more or less a love-hate (much more hate than love though).
Sep 16, 2013 12:49 PM

Feb 2010
Attack on Titan - I see a lot of flaws but I still love it because I'm a shounenfag and even though it's quite transparent most of the time how they try and produce tension it still works so what can I say.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 26, 2013 8:05 PM

Jul 2012
Chibi-Alice said:
I'm enjoying Brothers Conflict more then i should..

^ This. It's full of stupidity and unrealistic events, but the males......The males.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Attack on Titan - I see a lot of flaws but I still love it because I'm a shounenfag and even though it's quite transparent most of the time how they try and produce tension it still works so what can I say.

^ Same, except I usually hate things in hype, but I actually respect SnK.
Sep 26, 2013 8:27 PM

Oct 2009
Fairyy said:

Then on to my "bad" show, i think its considered bad but its Karin or "Chibi Vampire"
Its rated at like 1500th place or something like that but i really enjoyed it and had a good time watching it!

I also enjoyed Karin. Thank you for mentioning that, I forgot to add to my list.

The most enjoyable 'bad' show for me right now is probably Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. The whole casts is silly even for a comedy genre, but their stupidity just makes it really funny. I enjoyed it like Vividred Operation and Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku, a silly show that makes fun of itself (or its genre).
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 26, 2013 8:27 PM
Jul 2013
Anime that I like is bad? HA, great one.
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 7 hours ago

15 by juanlqr »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

27 by juanlqr »»
6 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime? ( 1 2 )

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 19

72 by LeonhartAugust »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

14 by iiKonata »»
7 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

91 by LeonhartAugust »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.