Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2009 1:14 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
discuss episode 57 here.
Mar 30, 2010 11:36 PM

Mar 2010
what a bad time inuyasha had to turn into a human
Apr 30, 2011 8:27 AM

Mar 2011
wasn't Sango's weapon already broken in two from some kind of demon in the past? Why the urge to repair it now?
Apr 24, 2013 7:19 PM

Apr 2013
TheNorthStar said:
wasn't Sango's weapon already broken in two from some kind of demon in the past? Why the urge to repair it now?

Heh yeah I noticed that too. She gets a moderate crack in it and needs to go to her village to repair it. But in an earlier episode it was broken clean in two, yet was perfectly fine by the next episode.

Then again, nothing really follows the laws of physics, chemistry, or even simple math.

1. In an earlier episode, Kagome felt that Naraku had 20-30+ shards. But the chunk that he had just before Kikyo gave him Kagome's chunk was only slightly bigger than Kagome's chunk, which I believe was less than 10 shards.

2. Kohaku's chain blade. 'nuff said

etc, etc, etc.
Apr 25, 2014 1:51 AM
Mar 2013
Welcome to quite possibly one of the strangest two-part episodes of the series. We have fruits that look like human faces and on top of that Kagome gets trapped in a miniature toybox-like village. Reminds me of that episode of Pokemon where Ash gets trapped in a doll house.
Apr 6, 2015 3:20 AM

Feb 2010
This is absolutely brilliant! The series don't cease to amaze me, unlike your usual seinen. I have to watch the second part, though.
Kagome dream sequence - hilarious. And the atmosphere in her reality is nightmarish indeed. Goes well with pastoral sandbox village.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Apr 28, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2013
emeraldrosary said:
Welcome to quite possibly one of the strangest two-part episodes of the series. We have fruits that look like human faces and on top of that Kagome gets trapped in a miniature toybox-like village. Reminds me of that episode of Pokemon where Ash gets trapped in a doll house.

Oh yea, season 1 of Pokemon.

Indeed, strange episode.
Aug 4, 2015 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
Guise, there is a mountain on the edge of the map. Climb the mountain, guise.

That episode was weird as fuck. That dude really is human? He don't look human one bit to me... I think it's the shark teeth. Yep, it's definitely the shark teeth.

InuYasha should know by now about his own limit while he's not a youkai. Trying to punch a giant fucking rock head-on was stupid. Also, am I wrong or they specified in one episode that InuYasha didn't had any power at all (not even the one from his sword) when he was human? I may be wrong.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 24, 2016 7:29 PM

Jan 2013
emeraldrosary said:

Definitely the first thing I thought of when I watched this episode. XD

Feb 24, 2016 7:30 PM

Jan 2013
ArbiterofWhim said:
TheNorthStar said:

Heh yeah I noticed that too. She gets a moderate crack in it and needs to go to her village to repair it. But in an earlier episode it was broken clean in two, yet was perfectly fine by the next episode.

Then again, nothing really follows the laws of physics, chemistry, or even simple math.

1. In an earlier episode, Kagome felt that Naraku had 20-30+ shards. But the chunk that he had just before Kikyo gave him Kagome's chunk was only slightly bigger than Kagome's chunk, which I believe was less than 10 shards.

2. Kohaku's chain blade. 'nuff said

etc, etc, etc.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this, though I'm sure that I'm the only one that was yelling at their screen "WHHHHHHYYYYYY!!!!!!" ^^*

May 5, 2016 12:03 AM

Jul 2015
Not liking the first episode of this arc, it's not really great, it feel like silly filler
Oct 13, 2018 2:37 PM

May 2015
Lmao, this episode needs an Ugly Bastard tag to it. As well as part 2 of the episode.
Aug 21, 2019 1:38 AM

Jul 2015
Wow that is a pretty creepy 'sage', if it wasn't for the fact that inuyasha became a mortal, he would have surely defeated that fatso within seconds

Oct 19, 2020 3:28 AM

Dec 2007
sango going to repair her weapon, though everytime in the past we saw it break it magically repairs.

inuyasha needs to think a little before attacking sage with shards of the shikon when he's in human form...

and isn't there a mountain in the box they can climb there to the outside?
Nov 26, 2020 4:49 AM
Apr 2016
Why are sages so powerful again? Sure he had a shard, but Inuyasha shouldn't have lost to him so easily. Oh, and the sage is a real creep.
Sep 9, 2021 8:02 AM

Apr 2013
Felt like a filler episode. Was pretty boring as well, especially without Sango.
Aug 15, 2022 4:43 AM

Jan 2018
I feel that dream Kagome has in the beginning.

That was one hell of a cliffhanger.

Idk why people are complaining about Sango. Yes, she left the group because the plot demanded it. But it's not as if she didn't repair the Hiraikotsu when it was split in half. It just happened off-screen.

Edit- According to the Wikia, Sango's split Hiraikotsu was repaired by Totosai in the manga, the same chapter that episode 44 adapts but this scene was cut from the anime.
0451Aug 15, 2022 10:11 AM
May 3, 2023 11:50 AM

Apr 2023
I hope Kagome can get home in time to study lol
Jan 10, 4:59 PM

Oct 2019
bruh, i knew i wasnt crazy. I swear she broke it in half earlier. Glad its been confirmed, lol. And yea, pretty weird sage.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 17 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 11:07 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

29 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 10:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 14 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 9:44 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

21 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 29, 2009

30 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.