Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2013 6:11 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow! What an intense episode, it felt like the end of the series yet it isn't. Ryo is still up to his antics even after what happened but it pretty much confirms how it's going to end. I don't think this episode can be beat, it may be the best in the whole City Hunter story, there's still 26 episodes counting City Hunter 3 so I guess I'll see if it holds the title.
Apr 10, 2014 12:15 AM

May 2012
It's been a while since I commented on anything, but this was by far tyhe best episode of the series. I loved it! I wish that in the end Kaori would stop swinging with the hammer because she remembered something about the kiss.
Aug 24, 2014 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
Absolutely agree - Best episode of City Hunter :)
Dec 3, 2014 5:59 AM
Dec 2011
i am like....he he he he is kissing kaori their kissing holly hell they kissed and i wen YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY ... the KISS was the moment wow....RYO going for french epic i think i wrepeated that scene more than 10 times ....! i knew she will forget :3
Dec 31, 2014 7:06 AM

Mar 2014
Whoa! That kiss!
Really surprised they didn't save that for the ending.

Lol, I love how Ryo just goes back to his same old Mokkori antics the next morning, though, even with a bum leg. XD
::End of Transmission::

Feb 16, 2015 10:04 AM

Apr 2012
vigorousjammer said:
Whoa! That kiss!
Exactly. It was nice to see Ryou take the initiative, but it's still a life or death situation, facing his feelings in an everyday setting will require a different kind of courage...

But yeah, like everyone said, epic episode: Shinjiku locked down, an atomic threat, the full team CH with Saeko, Reika and Umibouzu engaged in the shooting... it doesn't get any better I think.
Aug 13, 2015 10:04 AM

Dec 2011
Just remember watching this episode all over again at least 5 times and i still love it like the first time watching.That kiss with Ryo and Kaori is just amazingly beautiful...
Jan 18, 2018 2:45 PM
Aug 2014
I guess we know who Sarah is in the opening now
Jan 16, 2019 1:13 PM

Sep 2011
Cool episode, Saeko is really capable, I loved how she told her superiors what to do, and how she raided that cruiser by herself. Well with her team as backup, but no Ryou.

And of course nothing was going to happen, but the atmosphere, and direction were great. It felt pretty suspenseful for a moment. Ryou, and Kaori sharing their first kiss, or is it the second? With the first ED playing in the background was nice too. A pity the episode had to end with Ryou's mokkori-ness, but I guess that I can at least say that it remained true to its essence.
Feb 22, 2019 7:44 AM

Oct 2012
I don't think Hypnosis works that way
But this is not real life, they can say it's Kaori from different timeline and it'll work out somehow xD

Kaori is Sarah
So long and the answer is in front of us

I guess this the farthest romance between those two

Next ep, back to the usual
"Signature removed"
Jan 26, 2020 9:05 AM

Nov 2016
So that's why the opening was about Sarah.

And wow, this episode blew me away. Pretty awesome, but it was to be expected that we would get back to status quo, which is Kaori using her hammer. Only difference is that she used a 101t one this time xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 26, 2023 6:55 AM

Nov 2015
Man, these two episodes could've easily been a movie. There's so much at stake here and it has so much going for it. A really surprising episode from City Hunter but one of the best, if not THE best, episodes. I'm surprised this is just near the end, it could've been the final episode for Season 2 as well. Really fantastic.
Nov 26, 2023 11:56 AM

Nov 2017
Golly, this is the best episode this season, by far!~

I literally was hollering when Ryo and Kaori kissed. Like, finally, right!!? lol But it has me wondering where does this season go from here? There are still 13 episodes left to watch
Jan 8, 8:08 PM

Jan 2021
Since the start of this season I've been strongly against not using Get Wild for the ending theme since it was such an iconic way to end each episode of season 1 that without it it just feels like a different show. But saving it all this time to be used in that climax scene this episode made it worth it. It made it feel that much more impactful, like so much was riding on that one shot, that all 100 episodes so far have been leading up to this moment. Well done, sound director. It wouldn't have worked with any other song imo.
Apr 17, 3:21 AM
Dec 2022
Part two of a two part story about the country threatened by a nuke planted by the Black Army under Sarah who is none other than Kaori. She was under the control of the leader thru hynosis. One of the best action packed episodes. Great to see Umibozu and Miki in action with Ryo and Saeko.

What does Rumi Takahara, daughter of the Defense Secretary has to do with all this? All will be explained. That is the longest 5 minutes waiting for the detonation. Ryo just using his gun to disarm the nuke. How cool is that?! And the kiss!!! With 'Get Wild' by TM Network song playing in the last climatic scene.
Apr 17, 3:22 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Shrimp_Tail
Since the start of this season I've been strongly against not using Get Wild for the ending theme since it was such an iconic way to end each episode of season 1 that without it it just feels like a different show. But saving it all this time to be used in that climax scene this episode made it worth it. It made it feel that much more impactful, like so much was riding on that one shot, that all 100 episodes so far have been leading up to this moment. Well done, sound director. It wouldn't have worked with any other song imo.
@Shrimp_Tail totally agree. The use of Get Wild in the last few climatic scene just nails it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » City Hunter 2 Episode 63 Discussion

good-time - Mar 2, 2013

9 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 19, 11:40 PM

Poll: » City Hunter 2 Episode 62 Discussion

Fayrin - Jan 25, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 19, 11:06 PM

Poll: » City Hunter 2 Episode 61 Discussion

Fayrin - Jan 24, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 19, 10:36 PM

Poll: » City Hunter 2 Episode 60 Discussion

Fayrin - Jan 23, 2019

2 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 19, 10:09 PM

Poll: » City Hunter 2 Episode 59 Discussion

Fayrin - Jan 21, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 19, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.