Forum Settings
Forums

In your opinion what are the worst anime production companies and why?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 25, 2015 6:52 PM

Nov 2012
Oct 25, 2015 6:53 PM

Apr 2011
Milk_is_Special said:
Niddy said:
Arms is pure shit. Only fanservice and hentai shows with low production values.
They've made pretty High Quality shows though, with decent to good animation.
Such as?
Oct 25, 2015 7:02 PM

Mar 2015
DEEN-kun, definitely.
Oct 25, 2015 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
You can tell by the profiles of most of these KyoAni antagonists that they are in that odd self-proclaimed intellectual/elitist club.

K-On! has better characters, Nichijou has more originality, Clannad has more emotion, and every single production has better animation that any of your BS "reputation-supporting" so-called favorites that you think make you seem like the most intelligent fucker to ever grace this anime encyclopedia website.

A bit of advice for folks in that crowd. If you want to seem so deep and intellectual, stop watching anime, get off anime forums, and go watch something like The Wire or write a novel.
Oct 25, 2015 8:47 PM

Jul 2015
Toei because they are so spotty with animation. Sometimes it is good, while other times the animation is just bad.

Oct 26, 2015 1:24 AM

Apr 2013
Milk_is_Special said:
Niddy said:
Arms is pure shit. Only fanservice and hentai shows with low production values.
They've made pretty High Quality shows though, with decent to good animation.

This. I get why people dislike their shows, but they are doing a pretty good job imo.

OT: I thought we had that topic just a few days/weeks ago, the answer is always Toei because they suck.
Oct 26, 2015 1:32 AM

Jul 2013
Toei definitely. Their animation and franchise milking are criminal.
Nov 2, 2015 2:03 AM

Aug 2015
Yeah ^^
TG was a mistake
Nov 2, 2015 4:31 AM
Mar 2012
OPCKOA said:
You can tell by the profiles of most of these KyoAni antagonists that they are in that odd self-proclaimed intellectual/elitist club.

K-On! has better characters, Nichijou has more originality, Clannad has more emotion, and every single production has better animation that any of your BS "reputation-supporting" so-called favorites that you think make you seem like the most intelligent fucker to ever grace this anime encyclopedia website.

A bit of advice for folks in that crowd. If you want to seem so deep and intellectual, stop watching anime, get off anime forums, and go watch something like The Wire or write a novel.

? That's WHY people hate KyoAni.

It's not because their animation is bad, it's because they use their great animation on crap and remaking the same crap which is always so damn uninspired. The last interesting show they made was Hyouka, every other show has been the height of mediocrity in terms of story and they have done their darnedest to ruin any interesting concepts and turn them into the same moe shit that they always make.

People hate them because they stopped making the interesting shows they used to make, so bringing up Clannad as an example of current KyoAni is laughable.
Nov 2, 2015 4:50 AM

Aug 2015
Kreion said:
OPCKOA said:

It's not because their animation is bad, it's because they use their great animation on crap and remaking the same crap which is always so damn uninspired. The last interesting show they made was Hyouka, every other show has been the height of mediocrity in terms of story and they have done their darnedest to ruin any interesting concepts and turn them into the same moe shit that they always make.

People hate them because they stopped making the interesting shows they used to make, so bringing up Clannad as an example of current KyoAni is laughable.
Please, I'd rather take "worst shows" but showing their effort in producing high quality animation than taking an uninspired series. Let's face it the animation quality is one important flavor of enjoying an anime series. Like seriously creating high quality anime is very rare these days, added the fact that these animators are not payed based on the way they worked.

OT: Worst is Deen,Toei and Pierrot, for creating uninspired animation quality.
Nov 2, 2015 4:51 AM
Mar 2011
Illyricus said:

right thats bullshit
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 2, 2015 5:21 AM

Mar 2012
Kreion said:
It's not because their animation is bad, it's because they use their great animation on crap and remaking the same crap which is always so damn uninspired.
First off, for something that you shout out to the roof tops as if it were the only right way to think that is a ridiculously subjective statement. Hyouka's good and all but Hibike was only a few months ago and if you ask me that was a much better show.

Also contrary to popular belief good animation isn't just something you can slap onto a show. Like you just throw bags of money into a machine and suddenly your show looks amazing. It doesn't work like that. It takes a lot of time and effort to make a show look that good.

Not everyone's going to like every show. I could start an argument about how some of your favourites are 'uninspired' if I wanted to. But to say all that hard work is wasted just because you personally didn't care for the shows... well that's just kind of dumb.
Nov 4, 2015 8:20 PM
Jul 2018
Kreion said:

You're definition of crap varies significantly from many others if you think that way, especially from the viewers back in Japan, which is whom these shows are being made for. I know the mainstream Western audience is appalled to anything without killing or mastermind protagonists, but who gives a shit about that? Japan certainly doesn't.

"People" don't hate KyoAni. They have one of the biggest fanbases of any studio out there. Contrary to what you said, a million people think differently.

The ONLY series I've seen from them that was "uninspired" was Tamako Market. And then there was Tamako Love Story which was amazing. A lot of cool-ass dudes write off the shows that have no action. Sure, something like Clannad or K-On! has no action or wouldn't make your reputation look all the great to be a fan of, but they sure as hell have better characters than other series out there, and you can feel the genuine vibe and quality of the series in every episode.

Meanwhile, Shaft makes chain yank after chain yank, and you don't hear anything about them.
removed-userNov 4, 2015 8:24 PM
Nov 4, 2015 8:25 PM

Jan 2015
Madhouse
Look on what they did in the Stitch franchise. It was worse than alleged Toei failures. They also made Marvel titles a joke
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 4, 2015 8:28 PM

Apr 2015
Toei, they make the One Piece anime.
Ghibli. Everything Miyazaki worked on is nothing but garbage.
Nov 4, 2015 9:12 PM

Sep 2013
Paella_ said:
Madhouse
Look on what they did in the Stitch franchise. It was worse than alleged Toei failures.

They also made Marvel titles a joke

They actually made it watchable and
Yuna >>>>> Lilo

Marvel is a joke, go see the comics.
You should be thanking madhouse instead for spreading good will.
Nov 6, 2015 5:38 AM

Oct 2010
Gonzo (boring and mediocre shows)
Studio Deen (failed adaptations)
Studio Pierrot (fillers)
Keep in mind that this is the opinion of a random guy.
Nov 6, 2015 5:41 AM

Mar 2015
Illyricus said:

This. Their milking rivals Pierrot ffs. Also, DEEN gets a special spot for ruining DEEN/SN and most of Log Horizon S2.
Ufo for not animating mahoyo yet
Nov 6, 2015 5:58 AM
Sep 2013
It's not like KyoAni shows are all the same thing. Lucky Star and K-On are otaku-pandering. Haruhi and FMP suck in their own special way. Nichijou is a thinly veiled experimental animation exercise disguised as SOL with an offbeat sense of humor and jokes about Nietzsche and Malay language in the first few episodes. Probably the best thing they ever did.

Different directors, writers, etc = very different shows.
GodAndTheBearNov 6, 2015 6:03 AM
Nov 6, 2015 6:01 AM

Sep 2014
The new Madhouse doesn't even know how to make anime. Their original anime are the worst anime I've seen and their adaptations are absolutely soulless. They rip-off everything from the source material and try to condense it into an anime while forgetting that it's an anime. As a result, it has become a very mediocre watch and I no longer can watch OPM, Overlord or their other bullshit.

They had luck with Chihayafuru tho. I don't know what happened.
Nov 6, 2015 6:42 AM
Mar 2014
Easily Toei, Silver Link and Pierrot. Probably DEEN too, but I haven't watched enough of their shows to make a proper judgement.

Toei just milk the fuck out of everything, put 0 effort into anything they do that isn't movies or random anime original shows.

Silver Link are shit. I've yet to see one Silver Link anime that was legitimately good or even matched up to its source.

Pierrot milk, derail, fuck shit up, idk, idc. Bad.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Nov 6, 2015 7:04 AM
Mar 2011
kyo ani
ufo table
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 6, 2015 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
Hrybami said:
The new Madhouse doesn't even know how to make anime. Their original anime are the worst anime I've seen and their adaptations are absolutely soulless. They rip-off everything from the source material and try to condense it into an anime while forgetting that it's an anime. As a result, it has become a very mediocre watch and I no longer can watch OPM, Overlord or their other bullshit.

They had luck with Chihayafuru tho. I don't know what happened.

Second this. I guess it had to do with the fact that their most of their key staff members moved to MAPPA and their bankruptcy years ago. Though I would also place Ufotable and SHAFT in too
Nov 6, 2015 7:30 AM

Jul 2013
OneTrueEmiya said:
Illyricus said:

This. Their milking rivals Pierrot ffs. Also, DEEN gets a special spot for ruining DEEN/SN and most of Log Horizon S2.

Pierrot's milking are very bad, true, but at least Pierrot's shows have good animation sometimes. Watch Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold or Dragon Ball Super and see of what I was talking.

I also must be the only fatefag that didn't hate the DEEN anime despite how awful was in terms of characterization and animation.

ufo should animate Tsukihime first.
Nov 6, 2015 7:58 AM

Mar 2015
Illyricus said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

Pierrot's milking are very bad, true, but at least Pierrot's shows have good animation sometimes. Watch Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold or Dragon Ball Super and see of what I was talking.

I also must be the only fatefag that didn't hate the DEEN anime despite how awful was in terms of characterization and animation.

ufo should animate Tsukihime first.

Ohgod Dragon Ball Super. I didn't even put it on my watchlist because of how quickly I pretended it didn't exist after episode 2. DEEN wasn't erm...that bad, but I had just finished the VN back then, and the DEEN anime wasn't really living up to my expectations. This is kind of why I love UBW so much, because I've been waiting since idk, forever for an adaptation I can be proud of :P

yeah, true dat, tsuki needs an anime already, no one appreciates best girl akiha
Nov 6, 2015 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
GodAndTheBear said:
It's not like KyoAni shows are all the same thing. Lucky Star and K-On are otaku-pandering. Haruhi and FMP suck in their own special way. Nichijou is a thinly veiled experimental animation exercise disguised as SOL with an offbeat sense of humor and jokes about Nietzsche and Malay language in the first few episodes. Probably the best thing they ever did.

Different directors, writers, etc = very different shows.

K-On! is not otaku pandering. Not one otaku reference in the series, contrary to Lucky Star which has them all over the place. It is a pure slice of life and music show.

I'm so sick of defending KyoAni, but I'm only doing it because you people don't even know anything about their shows. FFS, I'm done here.
Nov 10, 2015 1:54 AM

Aug 2015
Studio Pierrot They ruined Tokyo Ghoul with the bad adaptation and disappointing visuals and created the worst anime squeal I ever seen aka (ROOT A)
I could say the same thing with Toei but ignoring One Piece, Dragon Ball Super, and Toriko toei is my guilty pleasure studio because they made some good series like Digimon, Lovely Complex and recently World Trigger
Nov 10, 2015 7:37 AM
May 2015
Ufotable does the ugliest animation I have ever seen. Their technical skills are actually not THAT bad but their artistic skills are nonexistent. Compare how the animate flowing fabric with stuff by I.G. I want to vomit every time I see their juvenile, pupil-less eyes and bad shading.

No sense of aesthetic
No sense of realistic movement
Generic composition
Feb 13, 2018 7:03 AM
Jul 2017
definitly A1-Pictures

read carefully
there are 3 things that an anime company has to do

1. good animation
2. art style
3. choreography

A1 picctures only ha sgoo animation the other 2 are so lame it sucks
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - Today

12 by Archean-Return »»
23 seconds ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Today

43 by purplemoon_ »»
30 seconds ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 6 hours ago

31 by traed »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Yesterday

16 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

15 by Adnash »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.