Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 30, 2009 7:31 PM

Mar 2008
Naruto's alot stronger and smarter now..
~Friendship is so sweet that it can cause tooth decay~

~Respect the losers, cause without them, there'll be no winners~
Jan 30, 2009 7:49 PM
May 2008
that was interesting. i thought they were gonna pull out the kyuubi but i guess that's not gonna happen just yet. very cool.
Jan 30, 2009 8:26 PM

May 2008
Angelofspawn said:
Nice chapter, Naruto is overpowered now maybe more than Sasuke o.O

he does seem overpowered. But we havent really seen pein in action yet...

and those of you talking about him going into kyuubi mode probably isnt going to happen soon. Since isnt sage mode and kyuubi mode like polar opposites? Once he is able to control/mix both of them he'll then be truly overpowered.

btw anyone know why this chapter was called sage mode failure..?
Jan 30, 2009 9:14 PM

Jul 2008
That was excellent! I love how Naruto is getting more and more stronger. This is definitely one of his best fights! Go Naruto!

Jan 30, 2009 9:55 PM

Jan 2008
Fuyumine said:
ZoiQ said:
DOUBLE SPIRIT BOMB

SUPER SAIYAJIN MODE.

This is getting a little too much like dragonball. But then with no humor.

Oh god. My thoughts exactly.

Well the rasengan is more like the Kamehameha of Naruto's world than a Spirit Bomb. I think Sage mode is more like Kaioken than SSJ.

I will say that the more I see DBZ in it the more I love it(huge DBZ fan).O_O
Jan 30, 2009 10:18 PM

Jan 2008
Not much to say except for the fact that I'm loving Naruto's attitude. It's obvious he's gotten smarter and a lot stronger which is what we've been waiting for for about 400 chapters~ Ah, and the talk less fight more stuff is working for me :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Jan 30, 2009 10:43 PM

Aug 2007
freakman012 said:
Probably because the copies of pein came back, so he had to use even more energy to take them out again? I'm just guessing though. Great chapter, and looking forward to the next.
Jan 30, 2009 10:45 PM
Dec 2008
Awesome chapter, this year is the bomb for Naruto
Jan 30, 2009 11:42 PM

Jan 2008
Grim_angel_pj said:
freakman012 said:
Probably because the copies of pein came back, so he had to use even more energy to take them out again? I'm just guessing though. Great chapter, and looking forward to the next.

More than likely so you would want to know and question what was going on in the next chapter since they title the chapters ahead of time. Also, because they ended the last chapter with his sage mode "failing."

Anyways, this chapter was awesome! It's nice to see Naruto get serious and become the badass that he's always been capable of being. In essence though, he is incredibly overpowered when you think about it... but I love it. He is only 15 and essentially has complete mastery over his three jutsu's now. He will have full mastery once he can make a rasengan without a clone. His chakra apparently is growing by the truck loads which is allowing him to have two clones in sage mode (each of which splits his chakra in half) uses multiple rasengans and two rasen-shuriken's while in sage mode all without even using the kyuubi's chakra. And he has all this time ahead of himself (after he kicks Pein's ass that is) to get even stronger and learn some new jutsu's. Then again, this overabundance of chakra might simply be because of the sage mode being in effect... really makes you wonder why Jiraiya had such a hard time with Pein since he had so much time to "master" sage mode but whatever.

Now Naruto needs to learn how to control the kyuubi's chakra like everyone else was saying and needs to learn how to bust out that teleport jutsu like his dear old dad... then he will rule over all the kage's.

*Edit* There are apparently two people that disliked this chapter? How can you read this much Naruto and pick THIS chapter to not like?? WTF?? o_O

Jan 31, 2009 5:57 AM

Jun 2008
'Cuz they like reading bad mangas, and then comment on its badness.
Jan 31, 2009 8:48 PM

Jul 2008
I loved this chapter

Then it ended :(
Feb 1, 2009 11:40 AM

Jun 2007
Great chapter!~

Smart Naruto is awesome xD
Feb 1, 2009 7:27 PM

Oct 2008
Angelofspawn said:
Nice chapter, Naruto is overpowered now maybe more than Sasuke o.O

Sauske doesn't have SHIT on Naruto now LOL
Feb 3, 2009 8:00 PM

Jan 2009
Whoa... Naruto really surprised me this chapter, finding yet another use for his Shadow Clones. Good move, having a couple of clones back at the mountains molding Senjutsu chakra, reverse summoning them to the field, and then releasing that chakra to Naruto to get Sage Mode going again.
Feb 3, 2009 9:59 PM

Jan 2009
yeah... naruto just charges in with rasengan and shadow clones....

he should get some new techniques to use... that would be awesome
Feb 3, 2009 10:46 PM

Jan 2009
Kuro_Usagi said:
yeah... naruto just charges in with rasengan and shadow clones....

he should get some new techniques to use... that would be awesome

It would, but if you can think of new things to do with the things you have at hand, I'd say that's just as good.
Feb 4, 2009 4:47 PM

Aug 2008
this chapter was IN-CRE-DI-BLE, i really like naruto's idea using the shadow clones for extending the sage mode's effects. those "sage tokens" as i call them, was a stroke of pure genius
with great power comes greater acts of ass kickery
Feb 6, 2009 1:02 PM
Jan 2009
I hope Naruto loses. I have a strong distaste for him, I don't know why. XD I guess I just don't like overpowered main characters. It always seems like things are too easy for them.
Feb 6, 2009 2:16 PM

Jan 2009
Well compared to Sasuke and Pain, Naruto was in this case underpowered in that he was lacking an effective new jutsu. It was only recently that he was able to obtain Sage Mode and give his Rasenshuriken the ability to be thrown.
May 25, 2014 5:28 PM
Oct 2011
Question since kage bunshin use up their chakra when dispelled, shouldn't dispelling the clones mean the senjutsu chakra they built up DISAPPEARS as well?, meaning that this strategy of Naruto's shouldn't work? If I am missing something feel free to correct me but I am confused.
Dec 1, 2017 1:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Naruto in even chapter is a surprise!!!
Aug 8, 2018 7:29 AM

Feb 2013
Cool, he used a clone to get into sage mode.
Apr 25, 2021 10:24 AM

Jan 2020
Volume 47 looks sick. I love how Minato is in the cover

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.