Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 20, 2013 6:01 AM

Jan 2012
Am I the only one who liked it?People say it should have ended on ep 25 but I disagree.I think it was more clever having light win then be defeated in a time skip by 2 kids L 2.0 that when they work together they are stronger than L
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 20, 2013 6:06 AM

Sep 2012
Well I liked it. I didn't like near though. Really the ending of this and code geass I find much more interesting cause they where more unexpected.
Aug 21, 2013 5:05 PM

Dec 2007
I like the second part as much as the first part. But I don't like Near.
Aug 23, 2013 10:27 AM

Nov 2012
Earwen said:
I like the second part as much as the first part. But I don't like Near.

yeah this. i loved the second part for mikami and mello, only near was lame.

Aug 23, 2013 10:40 AM

May 2013
I don't hate the ending but I have to disagree that Mello + Near is better than L. L was killed by a Shinigami not Light. L was the one who found out about Death Note. L's team sucked (Near had better subordinates). Light was too proud at the end.

So I still think L > Near + Mello
Aug 24, 2013 1:24 AM
Jul 2018
oh come on, don't dig out some old debate topic from 6 years ago
Aug 24, 2013 1:25 AM

Jul 2013
I was pissed. I never liked Near and I wanted Light to win.
Aug 24, 2013 1:34 AM

Nov 2012
Reciprocal said:
LOL you have no sense for drama. Bad guy's suppose to die in the end. I liked the ending a lot though. Also people seem to forget that those two kids worked together in the end and surpassed L together. Not Near being surpassing L only.
Aug 24, 2013 2:07 AM

Jun 2013
renders said:
Am I the only one who liked it?

Power to the children!

No, you're not the only one.
Aug 24, 2013 8:07 AM

Jan 2012
I feel that if it ended with just light or L winning,like at ep 25 for example,it would have felt kinda clique,but after ep 25 I was more interested about the future of the rest of the characters
Aug 24, 2013 8:11 AM

Dec 2012
johnyjohny said:
Reciprocal said:
LOL you have no sense for drama. Bad guy's suppose to die in the end. I liked the ending a lot though. Also people seem to forget that those two kids worked together in the end and surpassed L together. Not Near being surpassing L only.

"Bad guy" is still an opinion

Aug 24, 2013 8:15 AM

Nov 2012
Jordooee253 said:
johnyjohny said:
Reciprocal said:

If you end up killing because you want to win. You certainly are no good guy. So it pretty much fact thank you.
Aug 24, 2013 8:16 AM
May 2012
Near sucks. I liked the ending, but at the same time, don't like it...lol.

Aug 24, 2013 8:25 AM

May 2012
The ending was great in my opinion

I also like the 2nd half as mush as the 1st half in my opinion.
Aug 25, 2013 7:10 AM

Jul 2013
i liked it, because it shows that a human can't play god and rule the world, and that a world without "bad" people is just an utopia
Aug 25, 2013 7:17 AM

Apr 2013
Hated the first part ending( L dies) and the second part ending (Kira dies).

Why do the smexy men die young!
Aug 25, 2013 10:46 AM

Dec 2012
johnyjohny said:
Jordooee253 said:
johnyjohny said:
Reciprocal said:

If you end up killing because you want to win. You certainly are no good guy. So it pretty much fact thank you.

Light did more good than the police could ever do

Aug 25, 2013 10:53 AM

Nov 2012
Jordooee253 said:
johnyjohny said:
Jordooee253 said:
johnyjohny said:
Reciprocal said:

Light did more good than the police could ever do
Yea, yea, you know I'm right.
Aug 25, 2013 9:44 PM

Jan 2013
johnyjohny said:
Jordooee253 said:
johnyjohny said:
Reciprocal said:

Kill few millions of criminals so faw milliards of incest can live happily it is the right choice and thouse few instance lives that he taken are acceptable collateral damage for the greater good.

Back to the topic ending totally ruined this anime for me, I thought of it as a masterpiece anime but after I saw ending I wish I never watched it.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Aug 25, 2013 9:50 PM

Apr 2013
Near is better then L
an egomaniac and a fool

Oct 3, 2013 2:24 PM

Jul 2012
LevailRenn said:
Near is better then L

Your either high or insane
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Oct 3, 2013 2:27 PM

Mar 2013
LevailRenn said:
Near is better then L

+
Near was not nearly as bad as the majority of you portray him to be.
Happy Halloween
Oct 5, 2013 8:15 AM

Jul 2013
I didn't like L, liked Near, hated ending.

Like seriously, even though I don't like L and I like Near, I think if they wanted Light to lose, he should've lost to L.

Still not over Light's death.
Oct 29, 2013 7:30 PM
Jun 2011
I think Light lost to near just because of Mikami's incompetence, and the mistake he had done with the note books in the end. not because near was smarter than light. it was out of Light's hand.

I didn't like the ending even thought I kinda saw it coming, I would've really liked an ending where light wins and the world is now almost free of crimes and evil doers, and peace prospers just as Light imagined it, I'm also curious about the fate of the death notes, we don't get a clue of what they might do with them.

They should've made an alternative ending or something, that would've been cool.
Oct 29, 2013 11:40 PM

Sep 2013
^ totally agree with the guy above.

The ending was pale to me. I didn't get any feels at all. I would have preferred him loosing with L rather than Near.
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...
Nov 11, 2013 5:02 AM
Nov 2013
the show should have ended where it was supposed to end. letting it drag out was a damper. still, death note manages to be one of my favourite shows. i guess they extended the series because of the popular notion that all bad guys end up dead in the end. if they're not, the story is not over. personally, i would not mind letting the bad guy stay alive if it does not affect the story. also the ending left me dazzled. i found it a bit abrupt. it left me thinking "wait, so this is it?" meh..that being said, i still think death note is a masterpiece..all 37 episodes through.
Nov 13, 2013 3:01 PM

Jul 2012
Light dieing was what should have happened. The whole idea behind Near's character was lame, felt asspulled and dragged out. The ending episode on its own was good nonetheless.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Nov 14, 2013 2:50 PM

Mar 2008
DN fell short because there was CG to compare to. Light and Lelouch were tragic stories, but Lelouch stayed true to his conviction and found accomplishment in the end. Light was playing purely on his god complex and when L died as the series's other great character, DN could not pick itself up, obviously because Near was never anywhere near as cool as L.
Nov 17, 2013 10:40 PM

Oct 2013
I loved it.

I see the second part as L's posthumous plan. Light accepted to pose as L since L asked him, not knowing that L already had successors. I think he was giving a clue to Mello and Near.

Well, I just realized it was all about K vs L M N.
Nov 18, 2013 9:21 PM

May 2013
I liked the entire show up until the last episode. L was far superior to Near and the other dude as far as a character goes and it just really pissed me off to see Light defeated by such a lame ass character. I am fine with Light dying. I didn't want to see his world succeed. but I wanted to see it at his own hands or even by Ryuk just saying "sorry, I can't let u be a god, goodbye." ANYTHING but Light losing to such a scrub. I really wanted it to be like, Light winning, and then as he realizes everyone around him is dead, he realizes that he is a murderer and has gone too far. Then decides for the good of humanity, to write his own name in the book. That would've been my ideal ending, I just hated the fact that the badass genius character we spent 36 episodes loving, gets beat by a couple of immature kids and then proceeds to embarrass himself for the entire last episode.
Nov 18, 2013 9:23 PM

Aug 2013
I personally loved the ending. I hated Near, though watching Light was...awesome. It made the painful second half almost worth watching.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Nov 26, 2013 7:17 PM

Oct 2013
I'm honestly shocked by how many people liked the second half of death note. It's been a while since I've seen it. It insulted me so badly the first time that I never wanted to put myself through it again. For anyone who doesn't understand why Near sucks, here's the rundown. He was a shameless L ripoff, who made huge leaps in the Kira case with virtually no evidence to back it up on.

As far as the ending goes, it's bad for two major reasons, anything else is up to people's individual opinion. The first is that although Light is defeated, he only loses because Mikami messes up. I didn't buy for a second that Light would let something like that stop him, he's the type of person who should've had a contingency plan. The fact that he got caught in such a stupid way was insulting to the incredible plot of the first half of the show.

Secondly, Death Note was an amazing show for two reasons, the first was the amazing battle of wits between Light and L and the second was because the show defied people's expectations. The main character is a villain, he actually manages to kill L and, at least in the first half, it seems like he will succeed in becoming the god of a new world. Then the show does a complete 180 at the end and gave the fans the obvious ending. Of course, we all know that the bad guy is supposed to lose but Death Note was the one show that strived to defy staples of television and in it's final moments it pulled the cheesiest most cliche move of all. Good always wins. Sorry but the ending wasn't good enough. Light and the fans deserved better.
Nov 26, 2013 7:31 PM

Nov 2013
loves the ending, don't know why others don't
Dec 4, 2013 9:21 AM

Jun 2012
I agree that Light should have had a backup plan.

The whole "Mikami waits outside the door" idea seems pretty dumb itself. So many things could have gone wrong. What if someone was waiting outside? What if he accidentally wrote Light's name down?
Shoot first, think never.
Jun 21, 2015 4:53 PM
Jun 2015
NEER IS MY FAVORITE. I didn't like the ending because light died. Even though beer won the light ying part was too much. And then it shows miss on a train. I just finished it and I am happy sad angry and depressef
Jun 22, 2015 2:10 AM

Jun 2015
in my opinions, that 2 kid's intelligence appear to be unreal to me. But I like how it work together to beat Yagami.

Anyway, the ending can be quite satisfying as the mighty Yagami Light being defeated.
ShyDeathJun 22, 2015 2:45 AM
Jun 22, 2015 2:18 AM

Jun 2014
Emnay said:
Near is better then L

Not on the same level.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 28, 2015 5:27 PM

May 2015
I was a little disappointed but I love the ending nonetheless. I also like Near but L is better in my opinion.
Jun 29, 2015 1:30 AM

Sep 2009
The second part was unecessary. The manga was about Light vs. L. It's what stopped me from giving this series a 10 instead of the 9 I gave it, but the author had to come up with new characters in order to continue writing his story.
Jul 5, 2015 1:20 PM

May 2015
I was pissed at first, but came to realize the ending was an awesome, unexpected turn. Gave it an end that could still keep going.

Aug 16, 2015 4:10 PM
May 2014
I liked the show up until this... and I still do like it actually but I think Mikami's mistake and then Light overlooking it was pure bullshit. Really my only problem with the ending was how it happened rather than what happened. If he was to be beaten it should've been better than relying so much on the luck on Near's side. Otherwise it was a beatiful ride of emotions (especially if you are rooting for Kira lol) I wanted so badly for him to win, for someone to come to the rescue, desperate for something to save him yet knowing that his fate was sealed, almost could put myself in his shoes throughout the episode.

I can't get past that dumb way to solve things, c'mon he should have tried harder. Otherwise I would have liked every bit of the show.

At the end I think I really liked Light's death but seriously fuck Near, wanted him to die so badly, felt so cheated by how he beat Light.
tesla21Aug 16, 2015 4:16 PM
Aug 17, 2015 6:47 AM

Apr 2015
I hated Near with a passion so I naturally wanted Light to win..
Oct 3, 2015 5:04 PM
Oct 2015
I only made this account to tell you people how idiotic you are. First Light was not pshycotic right and wrong is based off of what you are thought imagine if a Pedophile molested a toddler a the judge ruled innocent after hard facts he did it. So I will ask you a question was Light honest with his killing? You decide after all everything is just an opinion ;).
Jan 8, 2016 9:55 PM
Jan 2016
The ending I hated and I was sad. It would've been good if Kira won I can't believe it the ending was stupid. They should've made Kira win and him God then the end of the series or Kira won then made another series.
Jan 8, 2016 10:06 PM

Dec 2015
renders said:
Am I the only one who liked it?People say it should have ended on ep 25 but I disagree.I think it was more clever having light win then be defeated in a time skip by 2 kids L 2.0 that when they work together they are stronger than L

I loved L, but I agree that I enjoyed the ending. I wish Mello lived longer, but that's just me.
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 27, 2017 8:33 AM
Mar 2017
FUCK the ending. If I knew this had been the ending in the first place I wouldn't have watched it. Thank you authors for creating such a piece of shit ending.
Mar 27, 2017 11:11 AM
Mar 2017
This is one of those anime which should have a max of 24 episodes. They really really really prolonged it. After nearly 20 eps, I started to lose interest. It just became a mere routine to watch it so as to know about the ending(which did disappoint me, as I had guessed). They should have finished with either L or Light getting the better of the other and left it at that. Bringing Near as L's successor was a bad idea. But overall the mere concept and story progression(till the half) was quite commendable. It really keeps you hooked so that in the end it doesn't just become a waste of one's time.
Sep 26, 2017 2:50 PM
Sep 2017
I can say death note season 2 disappointed me. I was hoping to see a real transition in the show.

In the aftermath of kira dominating the world, a resistance faction appears. They have thier own death notes and a war between kira's henchmen and the resistance erupts.
Feb 12, 2018 3:11 PM
Jan 2018
After L the series went downhill. The ending did not make any sense. Light was out of character and the whole situation was lacking intellectually. Too repetitive, lacking imagination, and more concentrated on embarrassing Lights ideology and his image.
Mar 10, 2018 6:44 AM
Nov 2016
L is one of the best characters in the show fuck those 2 little brats
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

68 by Absurdo_N »»
Yesterday, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.