Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 18, 2013 7:53 PM

Aug 2013
I've been considering watching Eureka 7 for a while because I love anything made by Bones Studio. Unfortunately, I'm not really a fan of mecha but I did enjoy Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan because of the awesome animation and lovable characters. Also, the amount of episodes (50) seems rather daunting but is it worth the watch?

I want to hear from people who have seen it!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 18, 2013 7:55 PM

Jun 2013
In short yes.... but I think this is meant to go into the recommendations sub-section.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Aug 18, 2013 7:55 PM

Apr 2012
Yes, for 2005 anime, the art and animation were top notch (it's BONES so what else would you expect). The story starts to get pretty faced paced half way through it for the most part.
Aug 18, 2013 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
Yea, Eureka 7 isn't as..well.. "Gundam-ey" as you might think.

It's worth a look, regardless if you're a mecha fan or not.
Aug 18, 2013 7:56 PM

Sep 2012
Yes.
The first half is too filler-packed, but the second starts revealing what their world is and has a good plot.
Aug 18, 2013 7:57 PM

Nov 2012
It's been "MEH" since I started the series. Eureka stares are pretty creepy.

RX-782Aug 18, 2013 8:01 PM
Aug 18, 2013 7:57 PM

Jun 2008
Yes it is BUT for you probably not cause Eureka 7 ain't TTGL, quite opposite in fact.
Aug 18, 2013 7:59 PM

Oct 2012
Is this some kind of sick joke?
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Aug 18, 2013 8:01 PM

Sep 2012
It's a good anime definitely worth watching. Few I've seen think it's amazing though.Myself included.Don't let that stop you from watching and forming an opinion of the show yourself.
Aug 18, 2013 8:02 PM

Mar 2013
Eureka Seven got me into anime

That's how good it is
Aug 18, 2013 8:04 PM

Oct 2012
DCsilvers said:
Eureka Seven got me into anime

That's how good it is

This. Eureka 7 is mandatory viewing if you're an anime fan.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Aug 18, 2013 8:05 PM

Aug 2013
It's an action/mecha/romance classic. The plot quickly picks up by like episode 20, and by then you'll hopefully understand why so many people love the franchise.
You may get pissed off at Renton, though. When I mean pissed, I mean REALLY pissed. -_-
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Aug 18, 2013 8:06 PM

Jan 2013
You should be watching Breaking Bad.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Aug 18, 2013 8:07 PM
Jan 2013
Yes

MajinSaga said:

What anime is that?
Aug 18, 2013 8:08 PM

May 2012
I've seen a couple episodes on Toonami and to me it just seemed like an Evangelion clone, so I didn't bother with it after that.

Oct 2012
StillSwingin007 said:
It's an action/mecha/romance classic. The plot quickly picks up by like episode 20, and by then you'll hopefully understand why so many people love the franchise.
You may get pissed off at Renton, though. When I mean pissed, I mean REALLY pissed. -_-

Seriously? What peeved you about him?
Jul 2018
No
Aug 18, 2013 8:10 PM

Oct 2012
Nihilfist said:
I've seen a couple episodes on Toonami and to me it just seemed like an Evangelion clone, so I didn't bother with it after that.

Nooooooo. I don't know what episodes you saw, but it is about as far as you can get from an Eva clone.
Aug 18, 2013 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
tuiddlestix said:
Yes

MajinSaga said:

What anime is that?

Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Aug 18, 2013 8:13 PM

Mar 2013
StillSwingin007 said:

How did you feel about Eureka's kids?

NickyCharisma said:
Nihilfist said:

Nooooooo. I don't know what episodes you saw, but it is about as far as you can get from an Eva clone.

He probably means the characters are like the mains from Evangelion, and I can see the reference clearly, but it's easy to look past after a couple of episodes
Aug 18, 2013 8:14 PM

May 2012
NickyCharisma said:
Nihilfist said:

I just noticed nearly identical character archetypes.
Renton --> Shinji
Eureka --> Rei

Plus it's a mecha show in which the mechas seemed to have more significance than just as a giant weapon. Seems pretty similar to Eva to me.
Aug 18, 2013 8:15 PM
May 2013
Yes but after you watch it just stay the Fuck away from Eureka Seven Ao
Aug 18, 2013 8:27 PM

Oct 2012
Nihilfist said:
I just noticed nearly identical character archetypes.
Renton --> Shinji
Eureka --> Rei

Plus it's a mecha show in which the mechas seemed to have more significance than just as a giant weapon. Seems pretty similar to Eva to me.

Okay, Eva was a deconstruction of an entire genre. So yeah, there are going to be similarities to other mecha shows. Both characters grow and develop in ways that their Eva counterparts never could. It's a lot more sincere than Eva. etc. I could go on and on.
Aug 18, 2013 8:28 PM

Aug 2012
Yes.

Go. Watch. Now.
Aug 18, 2013 8:29 PM

Aug 2012
Eureka 7 is an alright show.

Eureka herself is a pretty boring character.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 18, 2013 8:30 PM
May 2011
Yes. I enjoyed it
Aug 18, 2013 8:33 PM
Jan 2013
Goryo said:

That's a plot point, though. You can't really hold that against the anime.
Aug 18, 2013 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
NickyCharisma said:
StillSwingin007 said:

Even though he DOES go through some development (and trust me, I LOVE seeing him be the badass hero), whenever he breaks down crying for no damn reason, I feel cheated by his development as a character. Sure, he's a 14 year old kid and he's thrown into hell, and a lot of the times his crying is called for. But it just gets repetitive, especially when it's his breakdowns are out of place.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Aug 18, 2013 8:34 PM

Oct 2012
tuiddlestix said:
Goryo said:

I agree.
Aug 18, 2013 8:35 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah, most definitely. Unfortunately the MC drags the anime down, the charisma of an eggplant and whines more than my baby sister. Not a big fan of the other main castmembers either but it has some of the best sidecharacters I know. But the excellent world, gorgeous animation, great atmosphere and intriguing story more than make up for that. Not to mention it has one of the best soundtracks I know.
Aug 18, 2013 8:36 PM

Oct 2012
StillSwingin007 said:
NickyCharisma said:
StillSwingin007 said:

Even though he DOES go through some development (and trust me, I LOVE seeing him be the badass hero), whenever he breaks down crying for no damn reason, I feel cheated by his development as a character. Sure, he's a 14 year old kid and he's thrown into hell, and a lot of the times his crying is called for. But it just gets repetitive, especially when it's his breakdowns are out of place.

You know what? I'm not even going to argue with you. I think you have completely valid points. I wasn't irked by it myself, but I can see why someone would be. Thank you for a well constructed post.
Aug 18, 2013 8:36 PM

Aug 2013
Riiken said:
Yeah, most definitely. Unfortunately the MC drags the anime down, the charisma of an eggplant and whines more than my baby sister. Not a big fan of the other man castmembers either but it has some of the best sidecharacters I know. But the excellent world, gorgeous animation, great atmosphere and intriguing story more than make up for that. Not to mention it has one of the best soundtracks I know.
]yt]WlocoNadBKs[/yt]

I think the soundtrack was great, but I didn't care much for the openings. I know a lot of people love them, so to those people: don't eat me xD
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Aug 18, 2013 8:38 PM

Aug 2012
NickyCharisma said:
tuiddlestix said:
Goryo said:

I agree.

I don't really care why she's boring, she just is.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 18, 2013 8:38 PM

Jun 2012
StillSwingin007 said:
Riiken said:
Yeah, most definitely. Unfortunately the MC drags the anime down, the charisma of an eggplant and whines more than my baby sister. Not a big fan of the other man castmembers either but it has some of the best sidecharacters I know. But the excellent world, gorgeous animation, great atmosphere and intriguing story more than make up for that. Not to mention it has one of the best soundtracks I know.
]yt]WlocoNadBKs[/yt]

I think the soundtrack was great, but I didn't care much for the openings. I know a lot of people love them, so to those people: don't eat me xD

If you're honestly going to tell me that Days is not one of the most fitting and perfect opening songs ever, I will indeed eat you.
Aug 18, 2013 8:39 PM

Oct 2012
Goryo said:
NickyCharisma said:
tuiddlestix said:
Goryo said:

I agree.

I don't really care why she's boring, she just is.

Ok well, I didn't feel that way. (Shrugs shoulders)
Aug 18, 2013 8:39 PM
May 2008
It's totally worth watching. Speaking of which I really need to go back and re-watch it.
Aug 18, 2013 8:43 PM

May 2012
Yes, watch it. I thought it was really good, especially the second half.
Eureka wasn't a boring character at all to me. She actually had some decent development unlike Rei.
It also has an amazing ost.
The only problem are those damn annoying kids lol.
It's one of my fav anime so I may be a bit biased.
Aug 18, 2013 8:51 PM

Oct 2012
megabot_SL-1200 said:
The only problem are those damn annoying kids lol.

Oh man! I completely forgot those kids. Yes, they are annoying and unfortunately integral to the show. Especially Eureka's character. I wished so many times for an Eureka 7: Brotherhood reboot that was exactly the same sans the children.
Aug 18, 2013 8:58 PM

Apr 2013
I watched a good amount of Eureka Seven when it aired in the NA, I thought it was pretty good, had the intrigue of evangelion but with the organization of a Universay century Gundam series. Well written!

I've seen there's a new series for it too, I forgot what it's called, would any of you recommend it?
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Aug 18, 2013 8:58 PM
Jul 2018
Most fans of Eureka 7 hate AO (that's the series you are thinking of)
Aug 18, 2013 9:01 PM

Oct 2012
Neane1993 said:
Most fans of Eureka 7 hate AO (that's the series you are thinking of)

I haven't seen it, but I want to. The thing that stops me is everyone saying had bad it is.
Aug 18, 2013 9:04 PM

Jun 2012
StillSwingin007 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I'm more than halfway through and I hate him right now. Not sure when I'll finish. In short it's probably worth watching if you like that kind of thing.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 18, 2013 9:58 PM

Mar 2013
Eureka Seven AO doesn't live up to the original series, that's clear. But I still liked it, just don't have high hopes about it
Aug 18, 2013 10:18 PM

Jun 2013
If you loved TTGL, don't expect Eureka Seven to be like that it's entirely different. If you loved NGE, then watch Eureka Seven.

Eureka Seven has great animation for a 2005 anime and Eureka is one of my favorite characters.

Eureka Seven is my 3rd favorite anime and I recommend you to watch it.

You can watch AO but it's not a good as the original one.
Aug 18, 2013 10:19 PM

Jan 2012
DCsilvers said:
Eureka Seven AO doesn't live up to the original series, that's clear. But I still liked it, just don't have high hopes about it

I agree, while it didn't live up to expectations.... It still was a good watch.

So in short answer to this thread if you're talking about the original E7.

Aug 18, 2013 10:21 PM

Jun 2013
StillSwingin007 said:
Riiken said:
]yt]WlocoNadBKs[/yt]

Did you not like Days? What?
Aug 18, 2013 10:52 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread moved.
Aug 19, 2013 6:54 AM

Aug 2013
It sounds like this is a really good anime! I'm gonna try watching it sometime. Also, I didn't even know there was a sequel to it? Wow, I guess you learn something new everyday.
Aug 31, 2013 9:06 AM

Apr 2009
Eureka Seven is one of my favorite animes. The cast of characters is diverse, the world is fascinating, and the plot gets really really good half way through. This is all complemented by a really great soundtrack, that totally fits with the vibe this series has. It also has amazing animation, not only just good for 2005, it has better animation then I've seen in any anime for the past couple years (can't believe some people rave about SnK's animation, ES puts it to shame)
Sep 11, 2013 12:12 AM

Apr 2013
Nihilfist said:

:facepalm:
Powerful eyebrows.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.