Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2009 11:59 AM

Oct 2008
Wow. I'm just hoping that KyoAni can make this a happy ending somehow. Everything in this episode was amazing, from Kotomi in kimono to Nagisa's death (plz don't be a death). I never really liked Nagisa much until After Story, and now I'm in disbelief.
Feb 1, 2009 12:31 PM

Apr 2007
I'm so re-watching this late at night, when no one can walk into my room without knocking and see me crying like a little girl.

(didn't actually happen but that's the reason why I was holding the tears ;_;)
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Feb 1, 2009 12:48 PM
Jun 2008
BAAAAWWWW
Feb 1, 2009 12:54 PM

Nov 2007
Another tear-jerker episode. With my experience with season one and Kanon, I've come to expect this from Key/KyoAni. When Nagisa was dying, I found myself ignoring Tomoya and just kept whispering "no" to myself over and over. Episodes like this make me wish I could have played the game before watching the series, but alas there's no usable translation patch yet. :(

As to bringing her back/"true end", here's my thoughts on it:
Feb 1, 2009 1:34 PM

Sep 2007
I'm quite surprised that she died still quite early in the series. I'm assuming the end of the series will have to do with the imaginary world bringing her back or something.
Feb 1, 2009 1:46 PM

Oct 2007
You know it's coming, you know you can't avoid it and you do everything you can to prepare yourself for it but as soon as it happens you know...nothing can prepare you for something this sad.

Being a father myself, having witnessed the wonder of birth firsthand I can somehow understand the sort of despair Tomoya must have been in during the birth, but the mother (your wife) dying while giving birth? I wouldn't wish that to my worst enemy.

Although I did notice they don't actually show Nagisa being confirmed death in this episode so I'm still hoping something might happen and that she survives, maybe in coma or anything...but that's just me being optimistic...

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Feb 1, 2009 1:50 PM

Jan 2008
Bakayaro said:
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

The only thing that could have possibly killed the mood more, or angered me more would be a Fuko appearance.

If Fuko had appeared, there would've been a punch delivered to the face.

Feb 1, 2009 1:54 PM

Aug 2007
Basically. After Story needed some Fuko, though. We'll see how this turns out.
Feb 1, 2009 2:37 PM

Jul 2007
Clannad is always in need for some more Fuko and some more Kyou. Tomoya should get married to Kyou and they can raise Ushio together. Then have a purple haired beast also.

Feb 1, 2009 3:14 PM

Jul 2008
I don't think I can see Tomoya with Kyou but maybe with Tomoyo. Funny purple hair beast.
Feb 1, 2009 3:21 PM
Jun 2007
Damn I knew it. Getting spoiled by the movie was a bad idea.
Feb 1, 2009 3:38 PM

Nov 2008
kevo said:
Basically. After Story needed some Fuko, though. We'll see how this turns out.

Yeah i would like to see Fuko, especialy after this.... I realy hope that there is funny/happy episodes still left

The animation was 5/5 again and whole episode was good (SUNOHARA WUHUU!), but even tought clannad is great show and the episode was 5/5, still i dont realy like this kind of episodes. Nagisa should have lived. I like happy endings.

Cillu said:
Damn I knew it. Getting spoiled by the movie was a bad idea.

Yeah I hate myself now, because of that . It ruined the whole season. All the time i was thinking, that would they be so cruel and realy kill Nagisa...
Feb 1, 2009 3:55 PM

Jun 2007
Ok, I really need to delete this or something. I've probably replayed the 2nd half of the episode 10 times by now, and every time I play it hits that much harder.
Feb 1, 2009 4:26 PM
Apr 2008
Goddamnit! NAGISA! OPEN YOUR EYES!
Yeah, depressing episode. It seems that the show is going down the movie path with Nagisa's death.
And yeah, the ED HAS to change.

Bold prediction: More Tomoya's father, Ushio gets abandoned, they don't change the ED.
Feb 1, 2009 4:32 PM

Aug 2008
theyve got 8 episodes to make a
mircale happen ):
lol
Feb 1, 2009 4:50 PM

Dec 2008
FUCK YOU Key

... thats all i have to say,

for now.
Feb 1, 2009 5:22 PM

Sep 2008
Since Clannad is a fantastic story, i'm praying for Nagisa to revive!
Good Job !
Feb 1, 2009 7:28 PM

Sep 2007
I cried :(
Feb 1, 2009 8:09 PM

Oct 2007
Going against the masses and saying I didn't like the ending of this episode. The fact that it wasn't in the hospital makes me feel like maybe something could have been done if they had been...I hate snow. I also dislike the fact they REALLY focused on tomoya bugging out and blurred/whitened the background, I felt so disconnected from nagisa's parents, if I had seen sanae's reaction I probably would have cried rivers...two of them. Thought the way the movie did it was better but oh well...it wasn't as sad as I thought it could have been...I even thought they might let her live, but I didn't shed a tear for nagisa (was still very sad though) but the movie definitely hit me much harder...
Feb 1, 2009 9:37 PM
Sep 2008
This was so upsetting, definitely had to get the tissues on that one...
I really wanna see what they are going to do with the rest of the episodes.
Feb 1, 2009 9:40 PM

Aug 2006
I wish they used the happy ending from the game and not go the same route as the movie. Oh well...

HybridKira said:

Good point. There is still hope.
zanmato666Feb 1, 2009 9:50 PM
Feb 1, 2009 10:11 PM

Apr 2008
5/5

Nooo...my Nagisa...died...

Shit..it followed the movie. Even if I know it was coming, I hoped that she'll live because of the good and happy progression but..she died.

She died beautifuly I guess

Oh well what will we see for the next 8 episodes.

Feb 1, 2009 10:16 PM

Aug 2008
sonicspin said:
AntiDentite said:
I can't believe they played Torch at the end. Way to kill the mood.

QFT

QFMFT!
Nah, you forget some people don't like tragedies so... (not 1 of 'em though xD)

First thought.... Ushio's a girl?! I thought (since months ago that I found out she was from Clannad) that it was a guy! Doesn't really matter, but thought I'd mention it since it's been stuck on my mind for a while now.
That she'd end up dieing on the anime wasn't really unexpected, but I was more inclined to think she lived.
Hey, cheer up Tomoya! You got a daughter now!, was my response to her death.
The drama was great and moving, so I look forward to more! ^^

It got me gloomy but I didn't cry:

By the way, that Hidden World thing is very interesting isn't it? I love that too alot.
Feb 1, 2009 10:24 PM

Mar 2008
crazy episode... gah, was a few days late in watching it, but man that was pretty sad. i didn't cry, but i feel a bit sick, heh....
Mmmm, spoilers until I make a MAL-friendly sig. xD

FC Cards!
Feb 1, 2009 10:46 PM

Dec 2007
the ED failed me so badly this week. I was on the verge of BAAAAWING until I heard it.
Feb 2, 2009 12:03 AM

Apr 2007
can't stop listening to dango daikazoku piano/instrumenta/whatever version...

I feel so bad for Tomoya ;____;
I mean, I never liked Nagisa, but hey, if she's making him happy...

now, why did that had to happen to such a nice guy?
talk about life ruiner...
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Feb 2, 2009 12:12 AM

Apr 2008
I already respected Nagisa after watching the movie. I didn't like(I mean she's just okay) her when she was in the first season.

Next episode, I'm gonna witness another asshole. Who? Tomoya. He'll be like an helpless asshole since Nagisa's gone now. I hope he can move on in a good way.

Poor Nagisa..poor Tomoya...he has to raise Ushio alone now

MOVIE SPOILER

Feb 2, 2009 12:23 AM

Jul 2008
Nooooooooo. D;

Did they really have to play the ED? Just letting it fade out at that white scene right after the flashback would have been perfect.
Feb 2, 2009 12:31 AM

Oct 2007
Sylpheed said:
I already respected Nagisa after watching the movie. I didn't like(I mean she's just okay) her when she was in the first season.

Next episode, I'm gonna witness another asshole. Who? Tomoya. He'll be like an helpless asshole since Nagisa's gone now. I hope he can move on in a good way.

MOVIE SPOILER

Reply to the spoiler:

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Feb 2, 2009 12:34 AM

Jul 2008
nooooooooooooo, damnit, why why? It was quite some sad stuff, Tomoya is going to fall apart, he needs that girl from the other world to come and comfort him. I don't really know what to say.
Feb 2, 2009 12:49 AM
Mar 2008
Shit man, I already knew what was gonna happen, but I fucking man teared rofljer382ad. Really hoping they wouldn't play the ED and go straight to the preview to keep the mood, but I was actually glad the ED came up just in time before I stuck a pencil in my leg. What would have also been great was a Fuko appearance and her throwing some starfish at Nagisa or Tomoya throwing Ushio aside and going insane in this ep...or... *cries*
Feb 2, 2009 1:22 AM

Jan 2008
NOOOO!! My beloved Nagisa.. Why??

I saw this coming in the movie.. but why didn't they changed it... Noo. NOO!!! Why? Why???
Feb 2, 2009 2:29 AM

Feb 2008
Why.....this kinda leaves an empty feeling :(

Feb 2, 2009 2:33 AM

Dec 2008
i didnt shed tears at this ending, maybe iam used to see her dying... as i saw the movie before this. i even liked the movie version a bit more, because she had more time with Shio-chan.

iam just very sad, with water in my eyes... and now theres ignorance coming, seems to be like tomoya will ignore the fact that he ever met her and that Shio-chan is his child. this is going to be rough...

Asmeroth, dont worry theyll do!
Feb 2, 2009 3:11 AM

Feb 2008
Really good ep
Art was beautiful (crying Tomoya was made really good)
and geez, I still have hope that Nagisa didn't actually die, although the next episode's preview seems really dark. Showed unwashed dishes, which can be a sign of Tomoya's depression :/

Oh and Torch... what were they thinking?! This would of been the perfect time to change the ending theme and a perfect time not to play Torch.

Feb 2, 2009 4:56 AM

Dec 2008
Cant anybody invent a timemachine and stop me from watching After Story and the Movie? So that i can remain the happy image of the Clannad Season 1 ending, in my head

T___T""""
Feb 2, 2009 5:08 AM

Feb 2008
*sniff* yea...i thought it will be a happy Story....didnt watch the movie so i thought everything will be fine :(
Feb 2, 2009 6:00 AM

Sep 2007
I knew from the very first ending that this incredibly bad ending-theme will someday ruin a great emotional moment. That day is today, thank you very much KyoAni for leaving me with anger instead of sadness after this episode...
Feb 2, 2009 7:31 AM

May 2007
SHIT, Shit shit shit. NAAAGISAAAAAA ;_____;
What will we do without you? ;____;
*cries*

Kittenia said:
I refuse to believe this is how it will turn out. I refuse to have Nagisa out of my life. Out of TOMOYA's life.

KyoAni, please make us happy. There HAS to be a reason for that damn other world, that robot and girl. The orbs, everything Kotomi was talking about. A MIRACLE MUST HAPPEN. I don't even want to type anymore, I'm fucking crying my eyes out. This ruins my week. This ruins me, I refuse to talk to anyone...omg. Nagisaa!!!!

This.
NoyaChanFeb 2, 2009 7:39 AM

Feb 2, 2009 9:00 AM

Sep 2007
Just as the movie did, this episode brought me to tears...
Feb 2, 2009 9:13 AM

Jan 2008
Well everything has been said already in here... TORCH was like the BIGGEST WTF EVER. I mean I was crying my eyes out all sad and gloomy and then BAM. No. MISTAKE. HUGE. Bring Dango back!

But it was a great episode, and I'm glad I watched the movie before AS so I knew that this was coming... If it caught me by surprise, I'd be totally destroyed right now.

Gotta watch something brainless now to cheer me up.
Feb 2, 2009 1:26 PM
AhMeiZing #1000

Sep 2007
1/5 hated it just hated it

so fcckd up i cried for 1/2 the ep

:[
-
Behold a work of art made in Paint on Windows XP in 2007

too lazy to update these
Feb 2, 2009 1:30 PM

Jan 2008
wow, i haven't had a good balling like that for a while...clannad always goes straight to the heart...beautiful and painful...
Feb 2, 2009 2:22 PM

Oct 2008
Poor Nagisa...she can't die before all things she wanted to do. I hope there was some sort of miracle in the remaining episodes.

it was a sad, but awesome episode. I gave it a 'liked it' instead of 'loved it' only because i couldn't say i loved seeing her dying T__T

next episode looks very depressing. And Torch is a good ending, but it should be in another anime, not this.
BlueStar5Feb 2, 2009 2:27 PM

Feb 2, 2009 2:24 PM

Jan 2008
That was terribly depressing. I bawled, although I agree with the other comments regarding Torch. It completely ruined the mood. Still, it was an amazing episode.
Feb 2, 2009 3:46 PM

Dec 2007
I've read the Visual Novel front to back, seen both the good and True ending and know how the light orbs come into play, yet everyone says that there are "12 orbs in the title screen" of the anime. Now I've watched the intro at least three times and I can't seem to find any. Can anyone please point me to where in the intro we're talking about?

Answered my own question when I thought it over; realized people meant the episode title screen.

Edit:
Sylpheed said:

MOVIE SPOILER

While I do agree that he goes overboard, it hardly deserves being called an asshole; his wife and the one person that gave meaning to life for him is dead. It's fucking common sense that he's going to spiral into depression.
Mitsukai-Feb 2, 2009 4:12 PM
Feb 2, 2009 4:52 PM

Oct 2007
This episode really made me cry a lot. >_<
But why did they have to play the ending song so soon. @_@;
It totally killed me.
But I was so confused too.
But hopefully the next episode won't be disappointing! ^_^

o_o; I'm amazed I still post nowadays too.
I think you should join THIS Fanclub. (:
Feb 2, 2009 7:02 PM
Feb 2009
Very sad episode...

Feb 3, 2009 1:23 AM

Dec 2007
I'm still crying and sniffling even now, ten minutes after if finished.

I've been waiting for that. I watched the old Clannad movie after the first season finished and I was bawling all day after watching it. So this time around with After Story I knew it was coming, but they stretched it out longer (than the movie) to make you get even more attached to Nagisa I guess. I knew it was coming, but still I cried.

Then Torch played. Kyoto's worse decision ever. I skipped it immediately. I'll play Dango daikazoku instead.
Feb 3, 2009 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
That's why I skipped the ending right before it started playing. Sad episode indeed.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.