Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2013 6:08 AM

Nov 2012
Omegadark said:
Here's what could have happened

Nooo now the ending just seems so much worse. *cries*

Aug 18, 2013 6:09 AM

Mar 2011
I give it a fanboy biased 10/10, since I found the ending epic (Kirino ftw!).
Hate the last 4 minutes though of ep. 16 though -.- , but other then that, it was a great (and bold) finale to an, otherwise very enjoyable series. I will most definitely miss it.

Aug 18, 2013 6:10 AM

Feb 2012
This whole series was a waste of my fucking time, 3/10. he should went yosunga no sora if he went down kirino route or like You and Chinama in Hoshizora no Memoria. Anyway it's done, good riddance.
Aug 18, 2013 6:10 AM

Oct 2010
what's up with people leaving a comment of "I liked or didn't like" and leave no further explanation? Like what's the point? You literally accomplished the same thing twice now after voting....

But yeah ugh...I really don't understand why they'd take the plot so far in one direction and then just drop the ball at the end... He rejected all those other girls and for what? Just absolutely pointless and unrealistic. Like to have a romantic relationship for 3 years and agree to call it quits just off a silly agreement that made ZERO SENSE! realistically why would kyousuke reject 4 other amazing girls unless he was super serious about kirino? But no...literally moments after his ridiculous confession he's totally fine with her nonsense suggestion. You get to the ending credits and literally I'm sitting there just thinking outloud.. "what was the point of this story? What was I supposed to take away from it? Like seriously what were the writers expectations for how their audience would feel right now? Can Kyousuke and Kirino really be fine with this?" Just really fucking dumb...I've been watching this show since the first season way back when and this is how they end it??! Who writes stories like this??
frank_desuAug 18, 2013 6:15 AM
Aug 18, 2013 6:11 AM

Dec 2009
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, the last 5 minutes broke my heart...

After he rejected all the other girls, I wanted them to be together T_T

I don't like these kind of open endings..
yuno6.jpg
Aug 18, 2013 6:12 AM

Jun 2013
I love the rampant butthurt over fiction. These tears are delicious! 5/5
Aug 18, 2013 6:12 AM

Oct 2012
livingdeadkat said:
Vodkas said:
I'm so disappointed with how this turned out, the 'incest ftw' is not for me. But there was a silver lining, Manami. The voice of reason in this episode.

I highly doubt their relationship would have worked out, once the parents found out it's not going to be good and if I was in the parents position i'd separate them by force. I also find Kyousuke lame.
I wouldn't exactly call her the voice of reason. She did what she did out of jealousy and spite, from what I saw. She wanted to break them up so -she- could have him.

It doesn't change that what she said is pretty much spot on. Nobody wins if they went down that incest route, I doubt the parents are stupid they would probably be able to tell if somethings up between their children and I can only see that ending in a cluster fuck.

Edit: Kirino was disgracefully, proudly gloating that she's dating her brother. Manami told them how it is, 'What would you think of a girl entering highschool who bragged that she's dating her brother'.
VodkasAug 18, 2013 6:17 AM
Aug 18, 2013 6:21 AM

Jul 2013
Finished it, not the best ending, but the most sane one. Now, another great series come to an end, this mixed feelings...

8/10 for me, and if they together will 10/10.

It will have not a season 3 or OVA huh? The request that kyousuke made for kirino still a mystery, so i will love if there will be an OVA that cover it up. JUST HOPE there will be an OVA. Still don't want the series to end this soon T_T Love the Series!
Aug 18, 2013 6:26 AM

Jun 2013
yeye...I'm in the "butthurt fanboy" section. I really hate the end. For me, the anime was good, but the author didn't had balls to pull of a clear incest end.
Really...I would love every ending with a girl...but this "I refuse every girl and have a fake...semi...mystery relationship with my sister...or not?"-End is just bad.
I'm mad.
:/
Aug 18, 2013 6:33 AM

Oct 2012
Well, that was a bad ending. Not that I expected it to be good though.
Aug 18, 2013 6:36 AM

Apr 2012
A bit disappointed for me, even though i knew the ending.
Aug 18, 2013 6:40 AM

Aug 2010
skieZ said:
yeye...I'm in the "butthurt fanboy" section. I really hate the end. For me, the anime was good, but the author didn't had balls to pull of a clear incest end.
Really...I would love every ending with a girl...but this "I refuse every girl and have a fake...semi...mystery relationship with my sister...or not?"-End is just bad.
I'm mad.
:/

To me it looks like the author had the balls but the executive meddling happened and he had to change the story and he tacked on some cheap and clean solution to appease the tards while everyone can see that this isn't the way he intended it.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Aug 18, 2013 6:44 AM
Dec 2011
7/10 because I am glad they concluded it. I thought I wasn't going to like the ending and I didn't. How big of a cop-out was that. Kyousuke was screaming I love my little sister everywhere like an idiot and they were bragging about it to their friends and for what? Kyousuke is going to be alone for the rest of his life now like a dumbass while his sister is going to bang some model and pop out a bunch of kids. Eventually Kyousuke will off himself and again for what. 1 little kiss at their fake wedding? They didn't even make out or even add a little tongue. And now they will live miserable and shallow lives.

They would have been better off just hiding their feelings. It's better to love and to have lost than to never of loved at all my ass I don't think the author of that was thinking about this when he said it. At least show some resolve you talked big now grow a pair and back it up. I didn't want an incest ending, but atleast if that was how it was going down they should have the guts to stick with it. Hopefully that new member to their circle is some big boobed blonde bombshell and Kyousuke grows a pair and hits that or else this series will be a crying shame a real incestual Romeo and Juliet tragedy nuff said.
Aug 18, 2013 7:07 AM

Jan 2011
Kirino was pretty much the reason why i became a hardcore siscon and dived into the world of eroges..
them feels are calling..
brb looking up some doujin :P

p.s happy secret incest life to them, if that ever or able to happen, or last. Imouto saikou~!
Aug 18, 2013 7:16 AM

May 2009
I have to say i didn't like where the series went with this specials. I was kinda cheering for Kyosuke and Kurneko. This kinda reminds me of Usagi drop manga..
My heart hurt when he heard kuroneko say "goodbye senpai".
I fell like the author wanted to please the masses, just like with usagi drop, but it had a negative effect on me. Not that i have a problem with forbidden relationships, but this one just seemed... Am i the only one that feels this way?
Aug 18, 2013 7:17 AM

Dec 2010
Nice! It's implied they are still a couple after pretending their relationship is over because they continue to fight like a couple.

Real sister ending! I feel bad for the childhood character so much though she became my favorite so fast wow. That fight was good and funny too. The best damn harem anime I've ever seen.

This show is so crazy. Since it's not in a separate arc form like Yosuga no Sora I'd say Oreno Imouto is even better than Yosugo no Sora. There is only one route in Oreno, and they don't leave it to fantasy what is the true route. There's only one route, the sister route, yes. Manami is the red eyes girl from Yosuga no Sora lol.

Slightly off topic my original prediction for the ending was only a bit off. I knew the show has to be inspired by itself, and of real life.

Manami ;_;

damnn....still...the best possible ending would actually be like what I said...the girls could share him and have an orgy.
Aug 18, 2013 7:21 AM

Dec 2009
Ugh, dislike incest so much. Kyousuke should have ended with Ayase or Kuroneko or even Manami instead of his own sister. 4/10.

P.D.: if Kirino wasn't Kyousuke's sister this ending would have been great.
Aug 18, 2013 7:23 AM
Jun 2012
ahh wat the hell. after hurting all the other girls thats wat they decide to do lol didnt really mind the incest ending but i wish they would have tried to tackle all the problems that go with it instead of having a limited time on it oh well.
Aug 18, 2013 7:26 AM

Jul 2012
Loved it! 10/10
Aug 18, 2013 7:27 AM

Apr 2009
I can't believe that it's already end. :( I'll miss this show. OreImo was really good and enjoyable anime. I was disappointed that they didn't end up together after all, but the last scene when Kyouske kissed Kirino's cheek was very suggestive. ;)
Aug 18, 2013 7:28 AM
Aug 2012
Honestly, I felt the ending wasn't as disappointing as most people say, especially if you read the author's comments about the ending!

RIP in peace Kuroneko route though ):
Aug 18, 2013 7:28 AM
Aug 2013
enraged said:
I'll just leave this here:
http://i.imgur.com/zddm8uW.png

So now, you incest-not-going-all-the-way complainers don't have to worry anymore. Even the author is saying out loud what a few of us -very happy people all of us- have read between the lines.

Incest FTW!
Aug 18, 2013 7:37 AM

Feb 2008
Umm... wow. Props for having the guts to go this far, I guess. Even if it was utterly terrible.
Aug 18, 2013 7:37 AM

Dec 2012
Never felt so many feels. QQ
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2013 7:39 AM

Feb 2013

loved it
Aug 18, 2013 7:42 AM
Jan 2013
Halidoc said:
Enjoyed the series quite a bit up until these last 3 episodes. Rejection of the rest of girls (especially Kuroneko) in such a bland manner just made it lose its overall appeal. 6/10 for me.

yea same here at first but then from the middle of episode 2 I was ok with itbeing kirino. But I just hate that they broke up after the wedding I thought that was stupid I DID NOT LIKE THAT!!!! but to tell the truth these 3 episodes were amazing even though it didn't turn out the way I wanted I have to admit it was pretty damn good.
Aug 18, 2013 7:47 AM

Apr 2013
Nice ending there.
I'm still not getting Kyousuke's decisions. He's gonna be one of the legends in anime history.
Aug 18, 2013 7:48 AM

Jul 2013
Laters Kuroneko :'(

To be honest, I never saw that incest route coming, should of done my research. Didn't really mind, but I liked Kuroneko a lot.
Aug 18, 2013 7:52 AM

Apr 2013
What a ride.

Really, what a ride.

The thought of "Incest all the way" really never entered my mind. And then Kyousuke breaks the chain. I applaud for his bravery.

I don't really like incest, and I am an avid Kuroneko fan.

Still, their reasons are fair enough to still support them, I mean, incest is KIMOCHI WARUI. but still, Both Kirino and Kyousuke loved each other despite the nature and circumstance of their relationship.

I'll miss this. Oreimo wa suki!

Specials: 8/10
Whole series: 7.5/10
"MIRAI ZURA!

MIRAI ZURA YO, RUBY-CHAN!"

-Hanamaru Kunikida
Aug 18, 2013 7:52 AM

Jul 2013
I'm not a fan of incest, but I enjoyed that Kirino and Kyousuke got together(I was also expecting it because of the title), and it was happy ending. But I feel kind of bitter that they just ended the relationship right after that wedding, it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. I mean, how could you reject all of those girls knowing that you'll lose everything just for your sister, while knowing that he's lovers with his sister for a limited time, I just don't understand Kyousuke. I really enjoyed this series though, back when I though it was a show about the Otaku world, but this was an alright finale. I enjoyed that fight between Manami and Kirino though, it showed a side of Manami that I never expected, but she should seriously realize that is was her fault that Kirino became lovers with Kyousuke, like seriously, you don't say stuff like that to an elementary schooler -_-

It's kind of sad to see a series go though, I enjoyed most of the ride, but I'll just have to say I'm somewhat okay, and I give it a 7/10.
Aug 18, 2013 7:58 AM

Dec 2012
Can't decide if I'm happy with this end or not... I'm glad they went full incest with Kirino, always shipped those two. But to end it like that with them breaking up... Such a troll end!!!
If the author planned this end from the start, couldn't he at least have left the other options open by not rejecting all the others?
Aug 18, 2013 8:04 AM
Aug 2010
WTF he rejected all of them and ends up with his sister I am fine with that but when they end up like normal life real sick.

I love this show so mush and I don't care which girl will go out with him but if all ends like nothing happens all he lose all the girls

He is real stupid
Aug 18, 2013 8:12 AM

Jun 2011
I enjoyed the ending. I found it a little weird being incest and all. But it was still great. Was not expecting Manami to punch Kirino right in the gut. I was laughing so hard.

Overall very fun series to watch. It was a little sad to see everyone get hurt because of their relationship though.
Playstation Network ID - Overlord-Takeshi
Please feel free to talk to me! I love making new friends with the same interests as me!
Aug 18, 2013 8:15 AM

Jul 2013
I was really angry after seeing such ending but LOL after thinking about it, it really can't be There's NOWAY they can go back to normal siblings after all what they gone throw.

I really can say that even in reality this's impossible -.-

Incest FTW !! :D
Aug 18, 2013 8:17 AM

Jul 2013
TakeshiKun said:
I enjoyed the ending. I found it a little weird being incest and all. But it was still great. Was not expecting Manami to punch Kirino right in the gut. I was laughing so hard.

Overall very fun series to watch. It was a little sad to see everyone get hurt because of their relationship though.

I was screaming wtf when I saw that punch, no way you can take a sucker punch that hard in real life and not go down, unless you are conditioned like a fucken Shaolin Monk. That would of fucken hurt,heaps...on the floor crying LOL
Aug 18, 2013 8:20 AM
Oct 2007
My preferred choices for the ending of Ore Imo
1. Kyouske marries Kuroneko
2. Ayase stabs Kyouske to death when he confesses on Christmas (with the knife she gave him)
3. Kyouske starts dating Saori
4. Kyouske and Kirino commit double suicide
5. Minami's beatdown of Kyouske convinces him to end his farce with Kirino and marry her.
6. Kyouske turns them all down, and becomes an Idol manager, with Kanako his first client
7. Harem end with Saori, Kuroneko, Minami, Kanako and Ayase
8. Kyosuke's father finds out about the confession and beats him to death
9. Minami is the Godfather, and Kirino "disappears"
10. Kirino leaves the show to "study abroad" and kyouske dates one of the other girls
Aug 18, 2013 8:23 AM
Oct 2010
Best girl won. Suck it, fans of the other girls
Aug 18, 2013 8:31 AM

Aug 2010
I kinda wanted to punch Kirino in her face for quite a long time, and I am glad Manami got the courage to do that . I feel like there is justice in da world...ehh...anime. I can sleep peacefully now.
Rejecting Ruri after going out with her for 3 months....Why go out in the first place? Kyousuke Didn't have to stomp over her feelings just to get back on track in relationship with Kirino.
Aug 18, 2013 8:37 AM

Sep 2009
HerosLight said:
Confessed by the best girl (Kuroneko), accepted, then she called it off. Kyousuke goes back to Kuroneko and she THINKS (or so I thought) he wants to be with her again, Kyousuke tells her that he loves Kirino instead.

Confessed by Manami, rejected. +1 for Manami punching Kirino RIGHT in the stomach.

Confessed by Kanako, rejected.

Confessed by 2nd best girl (Ayase), rejected.

Confesses to Kirino, accepted, but then called off after the "Marriage".

Incest is dumb and NOBODY WINS. And if this is really what the Author wanted for as the ending, he is stupid.
lightXTC said:

This guy gets it.

THIS.
Aug 18, 2013 8:40 AM

Mar 2012
I was thrilled when Kirino got that beating from Manami. Long overdue.
And what Kyousuke did to Kuroneko was just terrible.
He's scum.
Kirino's scum.
Disappointing ending.
Aug 18, 2013 8:40 AM

Jun 2010
Manami on form sraight gut shot that brawl was sick . im getting sick of his stupid love rants and must he lean back to say it ? That was a good way to end it didnt expect that but not good enough for 10/10
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Aug 18, 2013 8:42 AM

Sep 2009
DestinedHero said:
I'm so confused. I'd unfortunately been spoiled to the "ending" months ago, consisting of the "wedding" and the kiss and them being together and all. But then... they reversed it? They ended it like that? The ENTIRE last two episodes was just pretend? Kyousuke ruined relationships with so many friends for THAT? WTF?

I loved season one, thought season two had its high points, but definitely not as good as the first season, but this? I don't know what I just watched. Stupid. I think it was really stupid. Just a total mess from the "confession" that was so public and so obnoxious that it became entirely stupid. He turned away and hurt the feelings of Kuroneko, Ayase, Kanako, and then Manami all for pretend? Why? Why do that?

I'd never had any interest in the "Kyousuke picks Kirino" ending, as I never thought that would be an option to begin with. This show wasn't about them falling in love. It was all about the siblings bonding through eroge (strangely enough) and helping one another, which, in turn, repairs their damaged relationship. That's it. It wasn't about them giving the world the middle finger so that they could love one another. It had NOTHING to do with that, so this ending makes absolutely zero sense.

While the animation remained quite good, same with the voice acting, same with every other portion of the animated version of this story, the writing is just plain awful. This is one of the stupidest endings I think I've ever seen. If they were going to do an incest ending, fine. I'm entirely fine with that. I think that it takes balls as a writer to write something that's considered so "taboo", so if they wanted to go in that direction, fine, but this feels so forced. So out of left field. It was nothing like a show such as Koi Kaze which focused on that taboo relationship from the very first episode. I found that show fantastic for showing how it would feel to truly be in that sort of relationship. But this? This was just bad. Bad, bad, bad, and I hate to say that with how much I loved almost everything that led to this stupid ending.

Maybe I'll just pretend I never watched these last three OVAs. Then I won't be so upset at how it all ended up. Bummer...

On a better note, I've always been a bit fond of Manami. She seems responsible, kind, sweet, and reliable. I thought she would have been a really adorable pick for Kyousuke, but wasn't expecting it at all. Hoping, sure, but very slight hope. So even though she was shunned like all the other girls, she certainly had her moment in this episode. She kicked ASS! That punch was one of the coolest and unexpected things I've ever seen in anime. And then her giving the cold, hard truth to the stupid siblings was fantastic. Too bad they remained stupid ALL FOR PRETEND! Yeah... fantastic.

THIS TOO. :D
Aug 18, 2013 8:43 AM

Jan 2012
Fuck this series, fuck anime, fuck the whole world

I'm going to end my life here as I got nothing left.
Do you think this is a motherfucking game?
Aug 18, 2013 8:53 AM

Aug 2010
jogiin said:

Hold on, don't rush. There Will be better anime. I promise.
Aug 18, 2013 9:02 AM
Sep 2008
wow the amount of hate on this series is pretty over the charts.

all i found a little out of place was all that confessions in these 3 episodes. o.o

but that aside, i'm gonna put it pretty bluntly. why all the hate on incest?
i'm going as far as to say its similar to gays and lesbians. (and no i dun have anything against them as well.)
as far as legitimacy is concerned, neither has much. you can't 'produce' children as a homosexual. neither can incest couples have proper children.
aside from that, it's true that incest is a minority and rarely seen but the same could be said for LGBTs way back when society wasn't as open.
if LGBTs are accepted (to a certain degree, in certain places), hypothetically, couldn't it be the same for incest?
love comes in different forms and whatever it is, judging and forcing your opinion on others is just rude.
i think whether it disgusts u or not is a simple individual issue, an opinion that's prone to influence and change, given time.

but i'm not even saying that we all should accept it. just take it as it is. don't hate the author and other members who actually enjoyed the show. love & peace!

btw, im a ayase fan so :( but nevertheless i liked the ending for it's balance between realism and fantasy.
Aug 18, 2013 9:07 AM
Sep 2011
Cop out. I don't believe they copped out like that at the very last second.
There is literally 2 things I liked in this OVA: The animation, and getting to see Kirino being punched by Manami. I really enjoyed OreImo season 1, but I just can't bring myself to enjoy season 2. Even if it wasn't incest I still wouldn't be happy because Kirino is without a doubt the worst and most two-dimensional character in the whole show. I hate it when a good show has an ending that leaves me with such a sour taste in my mouth.

Season 1: 8/10
Season 1 OVA: 9/10
Season 2: 6/10
Season 2 OVA: 4/10

weewees said:

but that aside, i'm gonna put it pretty bluntly. why all the hate on incest?

People aren't hating on incest. They're hating Kirino.
Aug 18, 2013 9:17 AM

Mar 2013
Errr, did they set up for another episode or did I miss anything? Who joined their circle at the end?.. I'm hoping it's ayase-tan! I need moar
Aug 18, 2013 9:18 AM

Jan 2012
LIquId4T0r said:
jogiin said:

Hold on, don't rush. There Will be better anime. I promise.

But there is no repairing what is already broken ;__;

This left me with infernal internal rage beyond the thousand suns. Even made my first review which clearly shows my frustration http://puu.sh/44Q0N.png
Do you think this is a motherfucking game?
Aug 18, 2013 9:18 AM

Mar 2012
1. Make an anime about otaku social issues & friendship
2. Turn anime into risque sis-con themes
3. Turn anime into harem and make main character reject all of them
4. Make nobody happy
5. ???
6. Profit
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

114 by Cammell »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

251 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:22 PM

» The ending is not as sad as you think!!! PLEASE READ

White_Kotori - Jan 8, 2017

19 by Supderolc »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:36 PM

» Harem ending

removed-user - Dec 11, 2022

3 by Aref_Afkhami »»
Dec 12, 2022 1:41 PM

Poll: » Who do you want Kyousuke to end up with? ( 1 2 3 )

YamiNoOkami - Jul 6, 2013

121 by Shengud »»
Dec 19, 2021 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.