Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 28, 2020 7:17 PM

Nov 2017
Alrighty, a new character, Oshino Ougi appears! Her design is great 'cause she has no pupils. XD

It seemed like Shinobu wanted to do something fun and didn't think too much about the consequences of time travel at all. She's just too carefree! You dun' goofed, you two!
Jun 22, 2020 8:26 AM

Aug 2017
New characters has a nice design, looking forward to more of her.

Time travel huh, I know this is Monogatari we are talking about but still didn't expect that.
Jul 3, 2020 12:19 PM

Mar 2019
Best episode so far. No Hanekawa in sight. the new character is quite interesting, I'm glad to see Yotsugi back and I always welcome time travel. This new arc is looking hot. :3
I'm guessing we will learn more about Hachikuji. It would be funny if Araragi was the reason why she became a ghost, although I'm not sure if that's possible assuming that this is just a copy of the real world. Ehh, it's a bit confusing but I suppose that's what time travel gets you. Still one of my favourite concepts in fiction, though!
OωO
Aug 24, 2020 10:30 PM
Mar 2018
damn new character. very cool. skipped the recap since my torrents didnt include it lmao. and shinobu doing rick and morty shit is pretty cool. this is getting interesting. like this already way more than the previous arc since no hanekawa and we have best girl shinobu and hand holding
HotPocketChrisAug 24, 2020 10:38 PM
Sep 13, 2020 1:42 PM

Apr 2019
Ougi seems pretty interesting, also she doesn't quite exactly look like a human. I'm guessing we'll probably see more of her in the later seasons

Yotsugi actually seemed less odd than she did back in Nise. Her being afraid of Shinobu is pretty funny.

And speaking of Shinobu, we get a whole lot more Shinobu this episode.

Well....damn....talk about over shooting huh? Oh damn they can meet Hachikugi when she was alive, which means that they either might try and save her from dying or end up letting her die. Time travel is such a messy thing, but fun to watch nonetheless.
Sep 14, 2020 3:45 AM

Jun 2020
Shinobu is so kawai^^

Anyway the new character is interesting I want to learn more about her, I actually want to see Mayoi=)

So they were able to time travel to the past hmmm.... I think there probably gonna change Mayoi's past just a hunch, but if that ever happen I will scream••lol

It was a interesting episode I'm looking forward on the next episode.
Dec 18, 2020 5:09 PM

May 2014
New arc and a new start. Cool to see. Always funny to see Mayoi Hachikuji's childish openings. We haven't seen Mayoi so far. She is lost and Arararagi can't find her. Poor man. It's going to be interesting to see how the first ep. relates to her and the connection in between.

It's amazing how much you can have a 10 minutes conversation about traffic lights. LOL. Nice that we finally got introduced to Ougi Oshino. I recognize her face from Owarimonogatari since I watched that part first.

Next, nice to see Ononoki-chan again. Long time we have seen here. Funny how she mocks him by calling him devil-boy. I guess he is used to be mocked and made fun of by now that he really doesn't care. Nice to see her backstory and know more about her. Also, they brought up some interesting issues.

Lastly, ofc. Araragi is stupid enough to go to the past to be able to do his homework. Looks like Oshino fucked up the time-travel really hard. Nevertheless, she is a cutie pie

So, they have traveled 13 years back in the past. Gonna be interesting and fun to watch what they are going to do.

Feb 23, 2021 6:17 AM

Oct 2016
Damn great episode! New character Oshino Ougi, she seems really interesting and looks really dead inside because of the eyes lmao. Is it just coincidence that she's named Oshino or is she related to Meme hmm, well I'll find out eventually.

That teaser like thing for what's going to happen this arc before the OP has me fucking hyped. OP is pretty good though.

It's cool to see Ononoki, kind of liked her "with a posed look" lines ngl. But her talk with Araragi was pretty great, about purpose and stuff. Bruh, I did not expect some time travel shenanigans here and I did not expect they'd use it just for Araragi's homework lmao. But, they got caught up in something bigger, so let's fucking go. If they went back 11 years, then that means before Hachikuji died, oh shit.
sKyBlazer08Feb 23, 2021 6:39 AM
Mar 18, 2021 4:21 PM
Jul 2013
Endless Eight, but it's eleven years.
May 31, 2021 12:23 PM

Feb 2020
Oh, Ougi made an appearance ! I've always been intrigued by her character ever since I saw her in a character ranking. As expected, she is interesting, it's a shame she most likely isn't going to receive much focus until Owarimonogatari.

I'm also glad to see Yotsugi again, and it's interesting how she seems to be so open compared to how she was in Nise. She even admits questioning her existence, and the points she raised were indeed worth discussing.

And finally, some good amount of Shinobu. Shinobu who totally stuck Araragi and her either in the past or the future. Good job vampire. Well, if they are in the past (which is most likely the case) then that means Hachikuji is still alive ? Oh, it's gonna be great.
Aug 11, 2021 7:47 AM
Aug 2021
Ougi appeared unexpectedly. She gives off a mysterious vibe that I'm intrigued by. I look forward to knowing more about her later on in Owarimonogatari.

The conversation with Yotsugi about reincarnation and death was interesting. Does she remember her past life or is she just a spirit who possessed a corpse? Guess we'll never know her actual age.

I loved the Doraemon reference XD

Welp, Shinobu messed up BIG time and now they went back in time by 11 years. Well, let's see how Mayoi's arc goes.
Aug 31, 2021 8:56 AM
May 2020
introduced to time travel. this anime has everything
May 3, 2022 11:27 PM

Jan 2015
I love how we're seeing what Araragi was up to during Nekomonogatari: Shiro.
Also.

What a cracked beginning to an arc, hahahaha.
Eleven years in the past? I feel like he's bound to meet Hachikuji while she's living, this is going to be pretty amazing!
Aug 26, 2022 10:34 PM
Aug 2020
semaforo mulher foda misteriosa, ononoki maneiro
Jul 30, 2023 4:14 AM

Oct 2021
Sheesh i though they were just joking about doraemon reference but damn they got the whole time machine travel plot point on it. Genius NISIOISIN!!!
Oct 24, 2023 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, did they travel three months in the past? Also its cool to know time travel exists!
Oct 24, 2023 6:22 AM

May 2021
Reply to removed-user
Wow, did they travel three months in the past? Also its cool to know time travel exists!
@nanajp
Not just three years but a whole 11 years apparently. Forget homework, he's gonna ace his elementary exams.

Oct 26, 2023 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to RioFS
@nanajp
Not just three years but a whole 11 years apparently. Forget homework, he's gonna ace his elementary exams.
@RioFS
Lmao that's funny! I've always wanted to do something like that!
Dec 15, 2023 2:21 AM

Nov 2023
Gahhdamn, Oshino Shinobu is back! She's being very cute
Feb 14, 4:06 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Due to time constraints, it has taken me this long to get to the next arc of this season, yeah I probably could have made time for it but I didn’t, it is what it is lol. But looks like we have a time travel arc here and it’s supposed to have something to do with Hachikuji, I’m thinking we might get to see her as a living human and not a ghost, or whatever Monogatari thinks a ghost is lol. If so that will be cool, and I’m already liking the duo of Araragi and Shinobu, I definitely missed Araragi as the POV character after 5 or so years too lol.

Some other things about this episode, the first being Ougi which I think this is the first time or one of the first times we’re seeing her, I know she’s a big character in the series but for now she’s just being a weirdo trying to make traffic lights seem philosophical, yeah what she said was interesting but I did already know the red light thing, maybe if you don’t drive you don’t realize that lol. Also we got to see Ononoki again, she’s a cute oddball as usual, what she said about Hachikuji was thought provoking as well, it will definitely pertain to this arc somehow.

One weird thing tho, I am mainly using crunch to watch this and I think they have the TV version on there, and I have to use another source to get screenshots and also see the fire sisters next time segment, and every now and then I notice some slight changes between versions, this time it was Ononoki smiling during one scene in the TV version but the (assuming) Bluray version changes it to her usual expression, an odd change and surprised me a little, makes me wonder how much more is different.
Apr 4, 3:53 PM

Jul 2016
Woah, leave it to Shinobu to save any episode from being a total snoozefest. I already lost count of how many times she has done this.

So... I'm gonna guess this is what happened to Araragi while Nekomonogatari: Shiro was occurring.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.