Forum Settings
Forums

TV Special 'Pokemon: The Origin' to Air on October 2nd

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
 
Aug 17, 2013 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 143
I'm waiting for the original manga to be animated. That is going to be sweet!
 
Aug 17, 2013 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1149
GREEN IS GOING TO BE IN AN ANIME FUCK YEAH I WILL USE CAPS LOCK
 
Aug 17, 2013 1:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 205
Why don't they just adapt the manga already.. I hope this is just something to test if it would be successful(a pokemon concept without ash as a TV series), if it is, then maybe they will adapt the manga?
 
Aug 17, 2013 1:04 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2325
mootjuh said:
Why don't they just adapt the manga already.. I hope this is just something to test if it would be successful(a pokemon concept without ash as a TV series), if it is, then maybe they will adapt the manga?
Maybe, but they claimed it to be a special solely celebrating the release of X, Y and the later Z on 3DS.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
 
Aug 17, 2013 1:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 69
Jizz in my Pants
 
Aug 17, 2013 1:22 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6860
I remember the first time I played a Pokemon game using my Gameboy I think it was Silver it was in Japanese so I didn't understand a word written there so whenever I came across a Pokemon I just ran away. I think they should really make a TV series with Red as the main character and don't make it too childish put some blood and boobs in there I think it's gonna be awesome!!
 
Aug 17, 2013 2:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 853
xDaiki said:
Jizz in my Pants
 
Aug 17, 2013 2:26 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 50
I look forward to this
 
Aug 17, 2013 2:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 3653
I loved pokemon red,I'm gonna watch this
 
Aug 17, 2013 2:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 275
*feelings :O
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

 
Aug 17, 2013 2:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1018
I hope Red will be the badass that everyone wants him to be!

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
 
Aug 17, 2013 2:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 3484
Tengai said:
I remember the first time I played a Pokemon game using my Gameboy I think it was Silver it was in Japanese so I didn't understand a word written there so whenever I came across a Pokemon I just ran away. I think they should really make a TV series with Red as the main character and don't make it too childish put some blood and boobs in there I think it's gonna be awesome!!

I'd watch this lol
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
 
Aug 17, 2013 2:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 546
Aclos said:
Maybe if people like it, we might get a Pokéspe anime somewhere in the far future...
Probably won't happen though :(


When I saw the news I thought it was PokéSpe... oh well
 
Aug 17, 2013 3:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 35
Now animate Pokemon Adventures. Come on production studios you know you want to do it.

In other news will watch
 
Aug 17, 2013 4:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 149
It's a nice change of pace, considering the main show does get boring at times(The new arc seems really boring).

Since I've practically seen Pokemon my whole life, might as well watch it.
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.
 
Aug 17, 2013 5:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1563
Never did I think I'd catch myself wanting to watch Pokemon again... I was wrong.

Nostalgia.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Aug 17, 2013 5:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 34
i wanted venusaur...
 
Aug 17, 2013 5:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2269
Incredibly excited for this. Seeing Red and Green animated is a dream come true. Red even chooses Charmander. :) I really hope this becomes a complete series in the future though. October 2nd is going to be awesome. :3
 
Aug 17, 2013 5:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 513
Looking forward to it! :D
 
Aug 17, 2013 5:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 73
damn nearly shed a tear at hearing the old theme tune, made me remember the days of training chamander into charizard. Am seriously excited about this even more so than most of the anime i've watched so far from nostalgia alone,will be praying the ratings are insanely good so they at least consider a series.
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
 
Aug 17, 2013 5:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2271
I thought this was a full series! oh well, better than nothing. I haven't watched pokemon in years so it will be interesting to see this :D will be awesome to see the kanto region again. Maybe the ratings will be sky high and we can get a full series, fingers crossed.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
 
Aug 17, 2013 6:54 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2189
I have never wanted something so bad before.
 
Aug 17, 2013 7:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 113
why just a special? why not a season at least?


 
Aug 17, 2013 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
straycat95 said:
Pokemon Special adaptation
then my life is complete


Definitely, it based from Pokemon Red/Green games..
 
Aug 17, 2013 7:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 366
What?! More Pokemon?! ENOUGH.
 
Aug 17, 2013 7:57 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2325
filmftw1 said:
What?! More Pokemon?! ENOUGH.
Huh? Why not more?
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
 
Aug 17, 2013 7:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 366
Diran-kun said:
Huh? Why not more?

(sigh) I outgrew the whole Pokemon phase since seeing the fifth film, and I moved on. I thought that the franchise would die down... but it's still alive?! ... Can't argue there.
 
Aug 17, 2013 8:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
filmftw1 said:
(sigh) I outgrew the whole Pokemon phase since seeing the fifth film, and I moved on. I thought that the franchise would die down... but it's still alive?! ... Can't argue there.
So you outgrew the franchise and you could not bear the thought that some fans do not and there may also be new fans for the franchise?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Aug 17, 2013 8:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4649
Holy shit, I love this.

The art style is obviously targeted towards older fans... those who actually grew up with the games.

Look at this Brock!




I'm looking forward to this.
 
Aug 17, 2013 8:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 366
symbv said:
So you outgrew the franchise and you could not bear the thought that some fans do not and there may also be new fans for the franchise?

Oh like I actually give a sh*t for every time I hear about a continuing franchise. Actually no, I don't really care if a franchise (of something I used to like but now don't care that much anymore) still running or new fans are made everyday. I'm not against anyone that's getting into pokemon or still is a fan... 'cause I moved on!
 
Aug 17, 2013 8:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
filmftw1 said:
I'm not against anyone that's getting into pokemon or still is a fan... 'cause I moved on!
You moved on and you still post to say "ENOUGH"? Have you really "moved on"?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Aug 17, 2013 8:32 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2325
filmftw1 said:
symbv said:
So you outgrew the franchise and you could not bear the thought that some fans do not and there may also be new fans for the franchise?

Oh like I actually give a sh*t for every time I hear about a continuing franchise. Actually no, I don't really care if a franchise (of something I used to like but now don't care that much anymore) still running or new fans are made everyday. I'm not against anyone that's getting into pokemon or still is a fan... 'cause I moved on!
Are you one of those typical Gen1fags? You don't just simply move on. If you were a fan of Pokemon at all, you would want to watch this. Why? You can tell by the art and animation direction that it's directed at the older fans. Look at the Brock comparison on the bottom of page 3.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
 
Aug 17, 2013 8:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4649
Raven-san said:
I hope Red will be the badass that everyone wants him to be!


Yeah... Unlike his retarded half-brother/cousin, Ash Ketchum.

I guess he won't be a silent protagonist in this adaptation like he was in the games . "...."


I wonder how his voice will sound.
 
Aug 17, 2013 8:37 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2325
Tsuyuu said:
Raven-san said:
I hope Red will be the badass that everyone wants him to be!


Yeah... Unlike his retarded half-brother/cousin, Ash Ketchum.

I guess he won't be a silent protagonist in this adaptation like he was in the games . "...."


I wonder how his voice will sound.
Rie Kugimiya should voice him.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
 
Aug 17, 2013 9:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 703
I'll have to check it out.
 
Aug 17, 2013 9:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Nice. Pokemon needs a change. I hear "Brand New Pokemon" and it's always Ash..... Please make a spin-off next and replace Ash with a kickass dude.
 
Aug 17, 2013 11:59 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 277
Pokespe, Y U NO GET ANIMATED?!? Anyway, a pokemon anime without ash is still a great thing. Shame it's a special.

I'm Italian, so forgive me for grammar errors.

 
Aug 18, 2013 12:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 963
My body is REDy
 
Aug 18, 2013 1:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 766
I hope there will be more than one episode but it's highly unlikely :(
but is this mean we will see Misty again?!! Yay!
 
Aug 18, 2013 1:44 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1843
Tsuyuu said:
Raven-san said:
I hope Red will be the badass that everyone wants him to be!


Yeah... Unlike his retarded half-brother/cousin, Ash Ketchum.

I guess he won't be a silent protagonist in this adaptation like he was in the games . "...."


I wonder how his voice will sound.
Saw this on Dtoid...


Just gonna leave it here
 
Aug 18, 2013 1:49 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2325
SteampunkDalek said:
Tsuyuu said:
Raven-san said:
I hope Red will be the badass that everyone wants him to be!


Yeah... Unlike his retarded half-brother/cousin, Ash Ketchum.

I guess he won't be a silent protagonist in this adaptation like he was in the games . "...."


I wonder how his voice will sound.
Saw this on Dtoid...


Just gonna leave it here
Red still needs to be voiced by Rie Kugimiya and he will be perfect.

Oh, I think Ash is superior to Red.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
 
Aug 18, 2013 2:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2302
Seriously all this Red> Ash crap is only because you project yourselves on the character while playing the games. Did Red/Blue/Yellow/........ have any personality on their own? Hey Ash is silly, i admit but that's how it supposed to be. You don't want Goku SS4 to appear in Pokemon now do you?

Also it's interesting because the MC gets beaten but gets back up again and again. That's the theme........if he won the battles similar to how we did in games it would get boring very easily.

 
Aug 18, 2013 3:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 67
I must say if they can do this adaption good I will guarantee be a fan of pokemon again.
 
Aug 18, 2013 4:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1047
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Seriously all this Red> Ash crap is only because you project yourselves on the character while playing the games. Did Red/Blue/Yellow/........ have any personality on their own? Hey Ash is silly, i admit but that's how it supposed to be. You don't want Goku SS4 to appear in Pokemon now do you?

Also it's interesting because the MC gets beaten but gets back up again and again. That's the theme........if he won the battles similar to how we did in games it would get boring very easily.


Red isn't who I played in the games. Red is the guy from Pokemon Special. And in every way that could possibly matter, he's WAY better than Ash.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
 
Aug 18, 2013 4:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 24
Tsuyuu said:
I love how their obviously omitting some details, but the shirt is somewhat more detailed.
 
Aug 18, 2013 4:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 471
SageShinigami said:
Red isn't who I played in the games. Red is the guy from Pokemon Special. And in every way that could possibly matter, he's WAY better than Ash.

Exactly. I don't see why people expect something "badass" from the Red in this anime. He is still not the same character as in Pokéspe. Being based on the game character means nothing, as Ash is also based on the same character. For all we know, we might get an even worse protagonist than Ash.

Just checked this anime's page on MAL. Someone should remove the Pokéspe adaptation from there, it has nothing to do with it. Red looks different, most obviously the hair and the eyes. The Red in Pokéspe had a Poliwihrl way before he even got his Bulbasaur (not a Charmander). Green never had a Blastoise. And as far as I know it's nowhere stated that it's based on the manga. Both the manga and this anime are based on the game.
 
Aug 18, 2013 5:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 24
Aclos said:
Just checked this anime's page on MAL. Someone should remove the Pokéspe adaptation from there, it has nothing to do with it. Red looks different, most obviously the hair and the eyes. The Red in Pokéspe had a Poliwihrl way before he even got his Bulbasaur (not a Charmander). Green never had a Blastoise. And as far as I know it's nowhere stated that it's based on the manga. Both the manga and this anime are based on the game.
Yup, should get rid of that. Even though, it's a manga, it could also work for alternate setting... but I guess that probably isn't going to happen.

leonnotoff said:
Nice. Pokemon needs a change. I hear "Brand New Pokemon" and it's always Ash..... Please make a spin-off next and replace Ash with a kickass dude.
Legend of Thunder? The other Pokemon Chronicles bits? Still, there's not enough spin-offs if there's always gonna be that one protagonist.
 
Aug 18, 2013 5:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Aclos said:
Just checked this anime's page on MAL. Someone should remove the Pokéspe adaptation from there, it has nothing to do with it.
You can ask the DB mods to make the necessary change by posting a change request here at this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=140439
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Aug 18, 2013 9:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 66
Ah this is so hype! That animation... *jizzzz*
But I think I should put my hopes down a little since it says "special program". Really hope this would be atleast 25 episode though. And if better a Gold/Silver sequel where Gold is the protagonist :D
But we even see Charizard and Blastoise in it, they wont make Charmander involve into Charizard just in a single special right? I hope not.

Btw this isnt an adaption of the Pokemon manga isnt it? Why ppl put the Pokemon Special as the adaption of it in the database?
 
Aug 18, 2013 10:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 347
I'm excited for this, wish it was a full lenght series so it could replace the current anime.
Or better yet, make an anime based on pokemon special manga...
Please understand.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »