Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 16, 2013 6:48 AM

Dec 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The Wendy, Flare and Lucy fight was good. Now we know that Flare is from the village. Lol at Virgo when she tired to dig.
IshkotenAug 16, 2013 6:51 AM
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Aug 16, 2013 6:53 AM
Mar 2013
I thought this chapter was a quite boring. I'm curious about the magic ice though
Aug 16, 2013 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Oh so Flare is from the Crest Sun Village....good to know I guess. Flare looked cute in this final image:

Oh and Lucy kicked some ass there.
Aug 16, 2013 7:06 AM

Apr 2008
I think it's safe to say Flare's probably gonna join Fairy Tail after this arc. Still I am curious about that Ice. Very curious.
Aug 16, 2013 7:25 AM

Mar 2008
Yes they were small fry, but it's good to see Lucy actually do something for once. That grin of confidence was great.
Aug 16, 2013 8:02 AM

Aug 2011
It's good they finally get rid of theso treasure hunters. I disliked them a lot :D. Wonder what that ice really is. Oh and the next chapter is called "Return of the Deamon", I wonder if we have change to scene with Erza and Minerva or Natsu and that non-human, or we will have some new revelation about whats is really going in that village of giants
Aug 16, 2013 8:09 AM

Dec 2012
I'm glad the treasure hunters are gone.
And it's good to see Lucy win a fight, and not by bs.
"Return of the Demon" sounds intriguing.
Aug 16, 2013 9:04 AM

May 2010
Lucy Kick!
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Aug 16, 2013 9:08 AM
Aug 2008
This manga is gettung dumber and dumber, and it started so fine too :/
Aug 16, 2013 9:14 AM

Apr 2008
Lyjka said:

Oh shut up and move on if it pains you so. Ignore character development for Flare or Wendy and the fact that Lucy can summon so many spirits at one time. But don't try to mask your clashing tastes.
Darklight0303Aug 16, 2013 9:17 AM
Aug 16, 2013 9:29 AM

Aug 2010
Finally the treasure hunters are gone! Their departure reminded me of Team Rockets from Pokemon haha.

Now we can move on to the better stuff. It was nice seeing Lucy summon so many spirits and I sure missed Lucy Kick! Also liking Flare more and more.
Aug 16, 2013 9:36 AM

May 2013
So Flare was from the sun village. Good to see that the treasure hunters are gone.
Aug 16, 2013 9:36 AM

Apr 2010
Dat smile.
hnnggghhhh <3
Aug 16, 2013 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
Some really stupid moments in this chapter but it made up for it overall with the action and other elements. Interesting that Flare is from the same village.

It also means its not a guild crest so Inc Flare joining FT?
Aug 16, 2013 10:22 AM

Jan 2008
I loved that Leo tracked down the sniper. He's such a fun character.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 16, 2013 10:25 AM

Jun 2013
I used to hate Flare so much, especially in the anime...why...why am I starting to like her character?!?
Aug 16, 2013 10:28 AM
Feb 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Lyjka said:

Oh shut up and move on if it pains you so. Ignore character development for Flare or Wendy and the fact that Lucy can summon so many spirits at one time. But don't try to mask your clashing tastes.

How about you shut up and stop acting like a dick? Not everybody who comes here has to blindly love this series, so hold back with your comments and try to be a little more open-minded. How about it?

For me, it was a decent chapter. Nothing too special but better than the last few weeks.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 16, 2013 10:35 AM
May 2011
GuiltyKing said:
Darklight0303 said:
Lyjka said:

How about you shut up and stop acting like a dick? Not everybody who comes here has to blindly love this series, so hold back with your comments and try to be a little more open-minded. How about it?

For me, it was a decent chapter. Nothing too special but better than the last few weeks.

Not that his comment was open-minded as well just saying it's getting dumber and dumber not stating how or what. And I gotta agree with Darklight if it's really becoming that way for him - just drop the series. But it's whatevs- he still thinks the series gets a 7 so he must have some like for it.
ban1o.jpg
Aug 16, 2013 10:37 AM

Apr 2008
GuiltyKing said:
Darklight0303 said:
Lyjka said:

See here's the thing. I don't give a fuck if they say they just hate the series. Good for them. What pisses me off is when people TRY to mask their true feelings to give them legitimacy. Signs of this are people who just proclaim that the manga is getting shittier without really elaborating or twisting things into a negative light to suit their point. And stop being a hypocrite since you were the same way when people did the same to Guilty Crown.
Darklight0303Aug 16, 2013 11:16 AM
Aug 16, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2013
YandereFlare x Lucy.
NYANPASU~!
Aug 16, 2013 12:15 PM

Feb 2012
Dayum Virgo shaking dat ass. (⌐■_■)

Dat gon be gud in the anime.

But yeah, boring chapter, fodder fighting fodder.
Aug 16, 2013 12:29 PM
Aug 2011
Good riddance to those guys, they were just incredibly stupid and yes quite boring.

Lucy face or eyes looked different here?
Might be just me but she looked like a blonde haired Wendy in one panel and it weirded me out for a second.

Darklight0303: You pretty much quote almost every negative comment, so it seems like you actually do give more fucks than what you lead us to believe.

Some people have actually explained why don't like a chapter and you've still gotten on their case.
Granted that GuiltyKing may not say many good things about this manga, but a childish "deal with it" or "get over it" from you is not deserving of an elaboration from the other person.
I'm just saying because your comments are kind of hard to miss and you have replied like that in other threads.

If I said "SHIT SUCKS!!" and you came and said "...get over it."
Why would I bother elaborating when that reply hardly gives me the incentive to do so?
standAug 16, 2013 12:37 PM
Aug 16, 2013 12:43 PM

May 2012
this the reason why i dont get to hate flare during lucy vs flare at the tournament.. i have this good instinct after all :D

Aug 16, 2013 1:14 PM
Feb 2012
Darklight0303 said:
GuiltyKing said:
Darklight0303 said:
Lyjka said:

See here's the thing. I don't give a fuck if they say they just hate the series. Good for them. What pisses me off is when people TRY to mask their true feelings to give them legitimacy. Signs of this are people who just proclaim that the manga is getting shittier without really elaborating or twisting things into a negative light to suit their point. And stop being a hypocrite since you were the same way when people did the same to Guilty Crown.

Judging by past experiences I had with you, it's usually not even worth the effort of explaining as to why a person disliked a chapter. You tend to react pretty stubbornly when faced with sound arguments and either twist the other party's words or stop posting altogether (again, I'm basing this on past discussions we had so you might've changed since then, who knows).
It's never interesting to read "hate posts", I concur, but reacting the way you did is not acceptable and will only lead to more of these comments, with the intent to piss you off. Act in a civilized manner when addressing such posts or ignore them completely. Both will lead to better results than they'd do otherwise.

Yes, I did act like a stubborn prick back then, whenever someone said something negative about GC. But I've learned since then; learned that sometimes being open-minded towards other people's opinions may be a good thing, and that sometimes it's healthier for oneself to accept a show's/manga's flaw rather than try to whitewash it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 16, 2013 1:27 PM

Dec 2011
I thought they would wrap up this battle quick (and this chapter did) but I was expecting them to get a little bit of a move on than just end a chapter with a battle.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2013 1:29 PM

Oct 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Lyjka said:

I smell a fanboy. This manga is indeed getting dumber and dumber,there is no need to explain why,it's pretty obvious. The author has no idea what's he doing,all recent chapters are pure shit.
Aug 16, 2013 2:05 PM

Dec 2008
Well, Flare isn't in a new guild. Was surprised that was her village's crest actually.

I'm glad she wasn't useless. And she's lying. We all know she was stalking Lucy.

I do wonder if she'll end up joining FT. I honestly wouldn't mind it at all.
Aug 16, 2013 2:38 PM

Nov 2011
Darklight0303 said:
GuiltyKing said:
Darklight0303 said:
Lyjka said:

You actually are being super and stupidly rude Darklight.

I love Fairy Tail to pieces. I do. It's one of my favorites and it will be that way forever now since I love it so much. Huge fangirl- I draw fanart, read fan fiction, etc. I love it. In fact I'm pretty positive I love it far more than you.

But the new chapters are pretty bad. The reason is that they kind of ignore recent events and just jump into new ones and the fanservice is just ABSURD now. Before it was an even distribution- There was a lot of regular fanservice, but it also had a lot of manservice as well. Overall the earlier chapters/episodes felt more female-oriented, or at least safe for both genders. The new chapters are so very clearly male oriented. Yes, it's a shounen, but one of the reasons I love Fairy Tail is that for so long is had ENORMOUS female appeal.

It feels like this newest chapter is trying to bring some of that back, with the whole girl power thing, which was great, but it was still riddled with more fanservice than earlier chapters.

And, to elaborate more on the fanservice- In earlier chapters the fanservice was very very self aware. It was sort of like he put in fanservice then screamed "LOL FANSERVICE" later, so it really was FUNNY. Now, a lot of the fanservice feels more like that of an ecchi harem- With Kana groping lucy's boobs, Natsu doing the same (though as a NaLu fangirl I can't complain TOOOO much), Wendy fanservice here and there now... It's very much skewed and less self-aware.

And, just in general, the writing is really bad now. This set of villains is uninteresting and SUPER gimmickey- "Super" "Dunn"- It's just annoying, not funny. We're still early in the plot but it feels much less inspired than previous plots. The dialogue is also just.... Really bad. And yes I know these are translated scans, but even just the gist of what everyone is saying is much weaker than in previous arcs.

I also want to note that I did love the GMG arc, whereas as I know most others hated it- I am really referring to this new arc specifically, as well as to the end of the GMG arc which most people can agree was fairly weak. The transition between the two arcs was weak as well.
AmberlehAug 16, 2013 2:42 PM
Aug 16, 2013 3:50 PM
Jul 2013
I have this weird feeling that the village will be destroyed eventually and secondly i think flare would join fairy tail or sabertooth (that would be sick) and i have also have another strange felling that saber will help and sting would ally up with natsu to fight the big guy
LOL Lets try it
Aug 16, 2013 5:19 PM
Jul 2013
Yay, Fairy Tail got interesting again, for me at least :P :

• Flare joining FT, yep yep, no rejections
  • Next chapter is called: Return of the Demon....

Also, this is just my 2 cent, but has anyone ever read Fairy Tail for deep plot/character development? I read Fairy Tail for the simple joy of seeing good guys vs bad guys.

IMO, it has that Dragon Ball vibe, where every new tale is just about the MC getting stronger and fuck the antagonists. Fairy Tail gives me that feeling, it's quite precious, since most of us grew up watching Dragon Ball here in the place I was born.

...... P.S: Also, the fan-service is nice sometimes xD.
Aug 16, 2013 5:46 PM
Apr 2011
Lucy Virgo Kick might be the most powerful physical attack in this manga to date.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Aug 16, 2013 6:10 PM

Nov 2011
Xinception said:

Also, this is just my 2 cent, but has anyone ever read Fairy Tail for deep plot/character development? I read Fairy Tail for the simple joy of seeing good guys vs bad guys.

IMO, it has that Dragon Ball vibe, where every new tale is just about the MC getting stronger and fuck the antagonists. Fairy Tail gives me that feeling, it's quite precious, since most of us grew up watching Dragon Ball here in the place I was born.

I agree with all of this. I get irritated when people expect blood and seriousness from this series. I read/watch it for the fun, silly characters and the genuinely strong female cast, which is so rare in anime. And no, just physical strength =/= real strength. But seriously, every female in Fairy Tail is really, really strong. Not just physically.

That being said, there is a point where it's too much fanservice- He is sort of breaking the character of the story with all this new added fanservice. He could at least balance it out with manservice again. Even Natsu actually wears a shirt now D=
Aug 16, 2013 6:26 PM
Jul 2013
Amberleh said:
Xinception said:

I agree with all of this. I get irritated when people expect blood and seriousness from this series. I read/watch it for the fun, silly characters and the genuinely strong female cast, which is so rare in anime. And no, just physical strength =/= real strength. But seriously, every female in Fairy Tail is really, really strong. Not just physically.

That being said, there is a point where it's too much fanservice- He is sort of breaking the character of the story with all this new added fanservice. He could at least balance it out with manservice again. Even Natsu actually wears a shirt now D=

Yay, someone who agrees with me :D

And also, nice tag line for your sig xD
Aug 16, 2013 8:21 PM

Jul 2010
Wow this chapter was funny,didn't know that about Flare, I kinda don't believe her.
But after helping never mind, LUCY KICK!!!! Funny as hell, and Loke appeared!!
Finally a. Decent fight for Lucy
Aug 16, 2013 8:27 PM

Mar 2013
Cool chapter!
I'm starting to like Flare more for some reason :P
Virgo.....dat ass though :D
Aug 16, 2013 9:27 PM

Dec 2012
The fight was cool. Those treasure hunters were quite annoying in my opinion and it was cool to see them get taken down. Loved Lucy and Virgo's kick in the end. Good chapter.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 16, 2013 9:39 PM

Jan 2011
Flare is cute now that she doesn't seem so cruel. I think she lied about not stalking Lucy.

Flare x Lucy :D
Aug 16, 2013 9:55 PM

Sep 2012
MaxYY said:
Darklight0303 said:
Lyjka said:

I smell a fanboy. This manga is indeed getting dumber and dumber,there is no need to explain why,it's pretty obvious. The author has no idea what's he doing,all recent chapters are pure shit.

How can you not realize saying "it's pretty obvious" is a tactic not to explain oneself.
Aug 16, 2013 10:46 PM

May 2013
Wendy : Sky Dragon's Wing Attack!
Flare : Kamishigure Chidori!!
Lucy & Virgo : Lucy Ki~ck!!!! and Virgo Kick!!!!

Boy... that escalated quickly.
Aug 16, 2013 10:53 PM
Nov 2012
Lyjka said:

well I agree and disagree, I got extremely excited when this happened

but since that we have heard nothing, I want this Arc to end so I can learn and see more of this.
Aug 16, 2013 10:58 PM

Dec 2009
parfaited said:

Darklight0303: You pretty much quote almost every negative comment, so it seems like you actually do give more fucks than what you lead us to believe.

Some people have actually explained why don't like a chapter and you've still gotten on their case.
Granted that GuiltyKing may not say many good things about this manga, but a childish "deal with it" or "get over it" from you is not deserving of an elaboration from the other person.
I'm just saying because your comments are kind of hard to miss and you have replied like that in other threads.

If I said "SHIT SUCKS!!" and you came and said "...get over it."
Why would I bother elaborating when that reply hardly gives me the incentive to do so?

I'm glad i'm not the only one who realised this as well. Haters can be annoying, but the fanboys are no different.

In regards to this chapter, i'm glad the fight was over in just one chapter. I lost interest in Fairy Tail battles ever since the middle of the Grand Magic Tournament . It has lost its 'epic' feel since then. Just practically one shots, and can even be too comedic at times now. Its seriousness has disappeared.
Fortunately though i'm still interested in the story and the mysteries that still hasn't been answered. Also the main characters are likeable.
Aug 17, 2013 12:16 AM

Jan 2013
Nice to see a Lucy Kick again, and now combined with Virgo kick!
Aug 17, 2013 1:02 AM

Apr 2013
This was a good chapter.

At least the fight wasn't so one-sided and only in one chapter.

I can't believe that I wasn't able to make the connection between Flare and Sun Village... =(

4/5

Aug 17, 2013 1:37 AM

Mar 2013
sarroush said:
I do wonder if she'll end up joining FT. I honestly wouldn't mind it at all.

Lol who would mind? The bigger the harem the better isnt it? XD

Amberleh said:

You actually are being super and stupidly rude Darklight.

I love Fairy Tail to pieces. I do. It's one of my favorites and it will be that way forever now since I love it so much. Huge fangirl- I draw fanart, read fan fiction, etc. I love it. In fact I'm pretty positive I love it far more than you.

But the new chapters are pretty bad. The reason is that they kind of ignore recent events and just jump into new ones and the fanservice is just ABSURD now. Before it was an even distribution- There was a lot of regular fanservice, but it also had a lot of manservice as well. Overall the earlier chapters/episodes felt more female-oriented, or at least safe for both genders. The new chapters are so very clearly male oriented. Yes, it's a shounen, but one of the reasons I love Fairy Tail is that for so long is had ENORMOUS female appeal.

It feels like this newest chapter is trying to bring some of that back, with the whole girl power thing, which was great, but it was still riddled with more fanservice than earlier chapters.

And, to elaborate more on the fanservice- In earlier chapters the fanservice was very very self aware. It was sort of like he put in fanservice then screamed "LOL FANSERVICE" later, so it really was FUNNY. Now, a lot of the fanservice feels more like that of an ecchi harem- With Kana groping lucy's boobs, Natsu doing the same (though as a NaLu fangirl I can't complain TOOOO much), Wendy fanservice here and there now... It's very much skewed and less self-aware.

And, just in general, the writing is really bad now. This set of villains is uninteresting and SUPER gimmickey- "Super" "Dunn"- It's just annoying, not funny. We're still early in the plot but it feels much less inspired than previous plots. The dialogue is also just.... Really bad. And yes I know these are translated scans, but even just the gist of what everyone is saying is much weaker than in previous arcs.

I also want to note that I did love the GMG arc, whereas as I know most others hated it- I am really referring to this new arc specifically, as well as to the end of the GMG arc which most people can agree was fairly weak. The transition between the two arcs was weak as well.

Ah this is rare. You are not a fangirl but a true fan. :) Love the series despite knowing the flaws and acknowledge it. *applause* Unlike fanboys and girls who only blindly love the series like its the prefect thing ever.

Agree with everything you said except that I actually prefer this arc more than the unbearable tournament and dragon arc. The first half of tournament was ok but ever since the twin dragon vs Natsu it just when bullshit all the way.

And yes the fanservice in FT is getting absurd. Hiro is throwing in fanservice in every possibility. This chapter just prove it, we even saw Wendy's panty -___- Now ppl dont get me wrong I am straight and I actually like fanservice, but if I wanted this amount of fanservice I might as well just go and watch some ecchi series. FT at first doesnt "meant" to be an ecchi genre. But now you will always get to see every girl's tits and ass in every angle whenever there is opportunity.
Aug 17, 2013 5:24 AM

Dec 2011
That was awesome :D

And omg Flare you're so cute :333
Aug 17, 2013 9:37 AM
Oct 2011
Boobs <3
Aug 17, 2013 3:00 PM

Jun 2010
So is she like a quarter Giant or something?
Aug 17, 2013 5:03 PM

Nov 2011
SkyFade said:
So is she like a quarter Giant or something?

No, I think they implied that she is adopted. If you read it again on page 3 or so she says "They raised me from a very young age".

So my guess is she's something like a "Giant Slayer', but without the slaying part. She has giant magic taught to her by giants, that sort of thing- Akin to God and Dragon slayers.
Aug 17, 2013 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
The treasure hunters were (like everyone knew) just fodder. And I dont even see a reason for them to be there (atleast for now).

Flare is either lying about her being from this village or it is the worst explanation for her bathing with everyone a couple of chapters ago. So was she actually really stalking them and randomly also from the giant village? o_O

One of the treasue hunters says that "women should just shake their asses for men like us". It´s so ironic that that is exactly what is happening every chapter in fairy tail. Is Hiro actually meta about his own story or is he just plain stupid? I vote for the later.
So we got a terrible chapter again this week. The comedy atleast saves it to a 2/5.
Aug 18, 2013 1:20 AM

Apr 2008
confused_Imakuni said:
The treasure hunters were (like everyone knew) just fodder. And I dont even see a reason for them to be there (atleast for now).

Flare is either lying about her being from this village or it is the worst explanation for her bathing with everyone a couple of chapters ago. So was she actually really stalking them and randomly also from the giant village? o_O

One of the treasue hunters says that "women should just shake their asses for men like us". It´s so ironic that that is exactly what is happening every chapter in fairy tail. Is Hiro actually meta about his own story or is he just plain stupid? I vote for the later.
So we got a terrible chapter again this week. The comedy atleast saves it to a 2/5.

Sounds like a personal problem
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.