Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 15, 2013 7:25 PM
Jun 2012
In a top tier frat (with around 100 members in our house) at my school. I obviously wont give out personal info...

However, I like anime, but I don't tell anyone because most anime fans are weirdos and I would be made fun of and shit. Got into anime around 2 years ago because I use to like Naruto in Jr High. I watch it as an escape and to break away from life and enjoy myself.

Anyone else here in a Fraternity (not counting the music ones and business ones). Who here is actually social and is a closet anime fan that has a normal life. Have any questions about what its like to be frat ask away!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 15, 2013 7:28 PM

Jul 2013
When you all go to sleep, is there ever any action or is it just the typical?
Pikachu wants some
Aug 15, 2013 7:28 PM

Jan 2009
Fraternity are dangerous why did you join?
Aug 15, 2013 7:29 PM
Jul 2013
My college doesn't have Frats...
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Aug 15, 2013 7:31 PM
Jun 2012
j0x said:
Fraternity are dangerous why did you join?

http://thefraternityadvisor.com/greek-life-statistics/

We know how to party and shit, but we get good connections and get rich as hell.

You don't understand the brotherhood we have as brothers. Hell even hazing is necessary and I appreciate it now looking back
Aug 15, 2013 7:34 PM
Feb 2010
Not much of a 'brotherhood' if you can't even say you like Chinese cartoons.
Aug 15, 2013 7:35 PM

Jul 2013
cyst said:

VIETNAMESE
Pikachu wants some
Aug 15, 2013 7:35 PM

Jan 2009
cyst said:

his got a point
Aug 15, 2013 7:36 PM
Jun 2012
Because it would make you look like a Geed. Even normal GDIs think people who like anime are weird.

Liking anime is a huge turn off for people. I wish it wasn't like that, but I can see why.

If I said I liked anime during Rush I would of been black balled right away (I would black ball someone else that said that too during rush). I'm sure I would get laughed at for a day or 2 but in the end they would still accept me.

Aug 15, 2013 7:39 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, it must be so cool to be a social guy like you, have a normal life, and yet like anime.
Aug 15, 2013 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
lazzorassault said:
Because it would make you look like a Geed. Even normal GDIs think people who like anime are weird.

Liking anime is a huge turn off for people. I wish it wasn't like that, but I can see why.

If I said I liked anime during Rush I would of been black balled right away (I would black ball someone else that said that too during rush). I'm sure I would get laughed at for a day or 2 but in the end they would still accept me.

Who cares if they don't like Anime but you do? It's not a big deal to like something animated by people with small eyes. It can let you all laugh at how small eyes = beautiful content while big eyes = Family Guy
Pikachu wants some
Aug 15, 2013 7:42 PM
Jul 2013
yazio said:
Wow, it must be so cool to be a social guy like you, have a normal life, and yet like anime.

>implying no one else's life on MAL isn't normal.

I'd say my life is pretty normal as it is. Only a few people know I like anime and those who do, don't really care. My life is more than just anime too.
Aug 15, 2013 7:43 PM

Jul 2013
What's a frat?
Aug 15, 2013 7:44 PM
Jun 2012
HKA-4M-T7 said:
lazzorassault said:

Who cares if they don't like Anime but you do? It's not a big deal to like something animated by people with small eyes. It can let you all laugh at how small eyes = beautiful content while big eyes = Family Guy
HKA-4M-T7 said:
lazzorassault said:

Excessive fan service that makes you look like a pervert (not saying you are or liking fan service makes you one)
Jul 2013
IRenegade said:
What's a frat?

Fraternity, basically a group of college men who are part of a certain society.
Jun 2012
Mokkan said:
yazio said:

I'd say my life is pretty normal as it is. Only a few people know I like anime and those who do, don't really care. My life is more than just anime too.

Are there still parties on your campus? How does night life work there?
Aug 15, 2013 7:45 PM
Jul 2013
lazzorassault said:
Mokkan said:
yazio said:

Are there still parties on your campus? How does night life work there?

I go to a Catholic Jesuit school so no Frats. Parties are on campus but not so much like your typical ones.

Whenever I want to go to one, I go to a public state college a few miles away from me. But it's rare for me to do it unless I'm really in the mood :P
Aug 15, 2013 7:46 PM

Apr 2007
Some brotherhood you paid for if you can't even be honest about yourself.
Aug 15, 2013 7:47 PM
Jun 2012
Zephys said:

Let me put this into perspective. How bout you tell ALL your friends your secrets. Every single thing you like tell them and see how it feels.
Aug 15, 2013 7:48 PM
May 2013
Yeah you're right people who like anime are just a bunch of weirdos
Aug 15, 2013 7:48 PM

Oct 2012
if you wanted to watch anime without being seen be others of fraternity couldnt you just go somewhere else to watch it?
RRRRRRRRRR
Aug 15, 2013 7:49 PM

Jul 2013
Zephys said:

Well, all the sisterhood had were runaway pants, so I'll say the brotherhood is a little better
Pikachu wants some
Aug 15, 2013 7:50 PM
Jun 2012
beavis2323 said:
if you wanted to watch anime without being seen be others of fraternity couldnt you just go somewhere else to watch it?

I don't really watch it up at school because I have better things to do, but when I do, I watch it on my iPhone
Aug 15, 2013 7:51 PM

Jun 2007
Frats are just a makeshift wannabe "real man"'s group for girly boys who are too afraid to join a sports team.

Go play football or join the military, then you can talk about brotherhood and masculinity. Frats are small time kids clubs full of cod players who rub balls on each other's faces as 'a joke' and ignore how hilariously homosexual it is. More to the point, a frat is not a brotherhood. There are no true bonds formed. You're just a bunch of people who feel the need to have a social circle and feel like part of something bigger. That's fine, but don't pretend to have some special deep connection with the others.

All you guys do is party and abuse each other for connections while having some very barely-maintained friendships - there's literally no other purpose to a frat, and from that there's no legitimate bonding.

All a frat is, is a clique with a roster.

And really, hiding one of your main hobbies/interests from your "brothers"? Just more proof of my point. You don't treat them as brothers or even close friends, and neither do they. A hobby is not a 'secret', so claiming "why should I tell them all my secrets?" is retarded.

That's like hiding you have a car, or that you eat food. Hobbies are something everyone has and are also important in really getting to know someone even on a very basic level.

You aren't close if you're not comfortable divulging the equivalent of "I like lasagna" to your "brothers".
Aug 15, 2013 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
Remember protect your ass.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Aug 15, 2013 7:55 PM
Jun 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
Frats are just a makeshift wannabe "real man"'s group for girly boys who are too afraid to join a sports team.

Go play football or join the military, then you can talk about brotherhood and masculinity. Frats are small time kids clubs full of cod players who rub balls on each other's faces as 'a joke' and ignore how hilariously homosexual it is. More to the point, a frat is not a brotherhood. There are no true bonds formed. You're just a bunch of people who feel the need to have a social circle and feel like part of something bigger. That's fine, but don't pretend to have some special deep connection with the others.

All you guys do is party and abuse each other for connections while having some very barely-maintained friendships - there's literally no other purpose to a frat, and from that there's no legitimate bonding.

Are you fucking serious kid? MOST of us are highschool football/baseball/and other sports players. I personally played travel hockey.

We don't play CoD and shit. We'd rather drink and chill. We don't do homo shit as we are not gays.

We have thousands of people in are fucking frat nation wide with WORLD wide famous alumni (people who even work in the fucking government). We are in a frat for brotherhood, to rage like no other, and the connections we make.

Sorry you didn't get a bid and is butt hurt.
Aug 15, 2013 7:57 PM

Jul 2013
lazzorassault said:

Are you fucking serious kid? MOST of us are highschool football/baseball/and other sports players. I personally played travel hockey.

We don't play CoD and shit. We'd rather drink and chill. We don't do homo shit as we are not gays.

We have thousands of people in are fucking frat nation wide with WORLD wide famous alumni (people who even work in the fucking government). We are in a frat for brotherhood, to rage like no other, and the connections we make.

Brainwashed from hazing days?
Pikachu wants some
Aug 15, 2013 7:58 PM
Jun 2012
I feel bad for your life if you need to hate on people that have fun in college and become better men. You must be jealous that we pull all the women.
Aug 15, 2013 7:58 PM

Jun 2007
lazzorassault said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

I think your post literally proved every single point I made.
Aug 15, 2013 8:00 PM

Apr 2012
lazzorassault said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Your small penis syndrome is showing, better call your doctor.
Aug 15, 2013 8:02 PM

Apr 2013
Mokkan said:
IRenegade said:
What's a frat?

Fraternity, basically a group of college douches men who are part of a certain society.
and this confirms it..
lazzorassault said:
I feel bad for your life if you need to hate on people that have fun in college and become better men. You must be jealous that we pull all the women.
Aug 15, 2013 8:03 PM

Jun 2007
Sourire said:
Mokkan said:
IRenegade said:
What's a frat?

Fraternity, basically a group of college douches men dudebros who are part of a certain society.
Aug 15, 2013 8:05 PM

Jul 2013
Mclovinballs said:

This is why you never take part in hazing, kids.
Pikachu wants some
Aug 15, 2013 8:06 PM

Apr 2012
HKA-4M-T7 said:
Mclovinballs said:

This is why you never take part in hazing, kids.

Frat douches guys are worse than people I met in the Infantry, at least the guys in the Infantry were actually men.
Aug 15, 2013 8:07 PM

Aug 2009
Afraid that they'll cum on your figures?

Aug 15, 2013 8:11 PM

Jul 2013
Mclovinballs said:

Frat douches guys are worse than people I met in the Infantry, at least the guys in the Infantry were actually men.

1 - Yo dude check it out, Tim just go glacked!

2 - Duuude, you serious!

3 - Sup bros, check out my awesome scar. Doc says its severe! Gushin blood and everything up in!

2 - Yo bro thats rippin!

1 - Yeah man, that's totally up in!

3 - Broooo

1 - Brooo

2 - Broooo
Pikachu wants some
Aug 15, 2013 8:12 PM

May 2013
What? I thought it was common knowledge that anime was for fags?

Aug 15, 2013 8:13 PM
Jun 2012
Please tell me why you hate frat brothers? Sure you can hate the Pikes because they are douches, but what did they ever do to you?
Aug 15, 2013 8:14 PM

May 2013
lazzorassault said:
Please tell me why you hate frat brothers? Sure you can hate the Pikes because they are douches, but what did they ever do to yo?
They stole my skittles. I payed a whole dollar for that bag of skittles!
Aug 15, 2013 8:15 PM

Apr 2012
FacelessVixen said:
Afraid that they'll cum on your figures?

Bet you he hides one of those sex pillows in his room and when nobody is looking, his "brothers" take turns with it. For extra drama, one of his buds has an STD and got it infected on the pillow along with everybody else in the frat.
Aug 15, 2013 8:18 PM

Apr 2012
lazzorassault said:
Please tell me why you hate frat brothers? Sure you can hate the Pikes because they are douches, but what did they ever do to yo?

Tiny Penis Syndrome (SDS) is a genetic disorder that makes people have to over compensate for what they lack in their pants. A cure has not been found yet but is known to lurk around douchebags and people who played on their highschool football team
Aug 15, 2013 8:20 PM

Jul 2013
Mclovinballs said:
lazzorassault said:

Tiny Penis Syndrome (SDS) is a genetic disorder that makes people have to over compensate for what they lack in their pants. A cure has not been found yet but is known to lurk around douchebags and people who played on their highschool football team

He'll fit right in. He's like every Anime villain ever created (except Cell. He's the last person with SDS)
Pikachu wants some
Aug 15, 2013 8:21 PM
Jun 2012
Mclovinballs said:
lazzorassault said:

Fraternity guys get more girls then 99% of independents on campus... Penis size and being in a frat are not correlated.
lazzorassaultAug 15, 2013 8:26 PM
Aug 15, 2013 8:22 PM

Jul 2013
lazzorassault said:

Fraternity guys get more girls then 99% of independents on campus... Penis size and being in a frat are not correlated.

If you had to pay, it doesn't count

That's what we call a independent variable
Pikachu wants some
Aug 15, 2013 8:23 PM

Jun 2007
lazzorassault said:

Fraternity guys get more girls then 99% of independents on campus...

Exactly - many people join frats because they won't get a girl otherwise. It's literally the only way for some people to have any chance at getting laid. Sounds correlated to me. Sluts will fuck frat dudebros and thus people who won't get a girl otherwise join said frat in hopes of the same.

For the record, I'm not saying that's how it is for YOU, but it's pretty common.

May 2013
Sup bros I just got an H2. I be gettin' all the bitches with this ride.

Apr 2012
lazzorassault said:
Mclovinballs said:
lazzorassault said:

SDS has also been affiliated with people who have the cranial capacity of a retarded fish

Aug 15, 2013 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
Mclovinballs said:
lazzorassault said:
Mclovinballs said:
lazzorassault said:

SDS has also been affiliated with people who have the cranial capacity of a retarded fish

Don't leave. You're funny :c
Pikachu wants some
Aug 15, 2013 8:26 PM
Jul 2013
Mclovinballs said:
lazzorassault said:

Oh my...
Aug 15, 2013 8:27 PM

Apr 2012

I can always just make another account, doubt they IP block
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 3 hours ago

7 by DesuMaiden »»
20 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

26 by deg »»
32 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 9 hours ago

7 by TibetanJazz666 »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Yesterday

12 by Lightskynight »»
58 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - 4 hours ago

6 by LoveYourEyes »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.