Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2013 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Animal abuse.
Second degree homicide.
Nobody learned a lesson.

What a kids movie!
The English dub was well done. The adult's voices were fitted quite nicely. Not so much the kids'.
Aug 4, 2016 10:24 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty out there for a kids movie, but then again that's usually how the best children's media go. Overall I thought it was a fine, "interesting visuals", a strange imaginative feeling and a lot of old man Seiyuu I recognized.
Apr 25, 2017 1:39 AM

Dec 2015
A pretty good action-filled fantasy morale tale for children with a nice aesthetic. Good for all ages.

Enjoyment: 4/5
Score: 7/10
Apr 27, 2019 11:21 PM

Apr 2013
I thank God every day my speech therapist gave me the DVD for my birthday and therefore introducing me to this underrated masterpiece. Still is the rarest anime I own to this day, I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Jan 6, 2022 11:08 AM

Aug 2017
Walking a dog with a chain leash o_o

Very impressive design work and animation, great directorial project from Takashi Nakamura (also surprised to see CJK on script here). Shinji Kimura's backgrounds are as awesome as ever.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.