Forum Settings
Forums

Vocaloid Producer Jin's 'Kagerou Project' to Be Animated Under Name 'Mekaku City Actors' by Shaft

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 17, 2013 3:58 AM
Jan 2011
KingGidora said:
Mr_Gutts said:
UnbornMVs said:
Sometimes I wonder why stuff like this gets animated.

My thought exactly

This

Because it actually has an interesting and dark plot and characters, the songs are good and its popular enough to make it animated. The only thing that connects this to Vocaloid is that Jin uses IA or sometimes Miku to sing the vocals.

The manga is a bit slow and hasn't covered the interesting parts yet, so I think it's better if the anime covers the novels or tries to follow the plot in its own style. It also depends if it's going to be 1 or 2-cour TV series, one or more OVAs or a movie.

They could release a CD with the seiyuus covering their characters' songs and everyone singing Children Record for example.

This the crossfade of the last album with Kana Asumi as Ene voicing the first half and Kana Hanazawa as Mary narrating the second half
Aug 17, 2013 4:02 AM

Nov 2008
oh wow. i'm glad shaft is animating it.
Aug 17, 2013 5:07 AM
Jul 2012
can't wait to see the Lost Time Memory section of the series
Aug 17, 2013 6:16 AM

Dec 2012
Great! Good thing SHAFT will be doing it...I'm excited for this one...
Aug 17, 2013 7:55 AM

Aug 2011
DraconisMarch said:
It's about vocaloids?

Does it actually have a plot?

No, it's not about Vocaloids. The Vocaloids are only doing the singing, the characters in the PVs, manga, and LN don't have anything to do with Vocaloids.

And yes, it has a plot. (I don't understand where your question comes from considering that there are a lot of Vocaloid songs with plot...)
LaciieAug 17, 2013 8:11 AM
Aug 18, 2013 11:41 PM
Dec 2010
UnbornMVs said:
Sometimes I wonder why stuff like this gets animated.

Why not? Jin is currently the most popular vocaloid producer in Nico Nico, his songs dominate the weekly rankings, he's a first vocaloid producer to have a solo album debut in #1 at Oricon....... better question would be why stuff like this doesn't get animated more.

UnbornMVs said:
Still. Imo I would prefer more anime like Shingeki no Kyojin to come out , the epicness in this industry lowered considerably in the last years.

Then you should check out the KagePro anime, because it's going to be a lot darker and more original than what you'll expect.
Oct 26, 2013 9:08 AM
Jun 2012
Love Shaft and really hyped to see this animated by them, but still have the problem on how long Shaft takes to announce release dates, making my head hurt with anticipation! >.<
Oct 26, 2013 9:53 AM

Jan 2011
I hope they aired 'that' part on August 14. The
( this time literally) endless loop

First discovered this in December while lurking through IA songs. Last year Mary is the only one comes into my mind. But as I look deeper : Momo, Hibiya, Ayano

Okay, who do you think mostly suitable for Ayano? She is not exactly deredere but I can't quite get a grasp on who I should hope to voiced her.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Oct 26, 2013 3:45 PM

Feb 2013
I have been waiting for this.
Oct 31, 2013 9:49 AM
Mar 2013
Apparently I just found out about this.

This is awesome. And SHAFT ? Damn!

#BasedSHAFT ty
Oct 31, 2013 2:52 PM
Jul 2013
Shaft's been hitting gold mines lately xD. Hoping that this is another one of them too!
Nov 1, 2013 8:14 AM
Feb 2013
This do have a plot. And a dark one too. Prepare to shed some manly tears.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
10 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 11:37 AM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.