Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 31, 2021 1:39 PM

Aug 2016
So Benten and Old Man Tengu's relationship makes a lot of sense now, no wonder she is distant with him now.
Old Man Tanuki was a cool customer huh.
Benten crying, I think there was more to the incident with the Old Man Tanuki than has been revealed so far.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
May 12, 2021 8:06 PM
Oct 2020
Why couldn’t his dad transform into a mountain and crush the club
Jan 30, 2023 7:05 AM

Jan 2021
Oh... I really loved this episode. Yasaburou's conversation with Yodogawa and Yajirou really made me think of a lot of things. The bgm also fits the atmosphere perfectly.

Yasaburou's father is truly a wise being. He became a good father, a respected tanuki and even before being eaten by humans he wanted his meat to taste good (so that the humans who ate it would not be disappointed and he himself would not be disappointed). After learning that he was eaten of his own accord, I actually became less resentful, or bothered, by the fact that Benten, Yodogawa and the Friday Fellows ate him. Although I still can't fully understand the concept of "I love it so much that I want to eat it" but knowing that Yasaburou's father was eaten in a state where he was fully conscious and willing brought out a sense of relief in me. Although the question is, how did Benten catch him? If so, why did he let himself be caught? Or was he the one who approached Benten? If so, why did he sacrifice himself?

Yajirou... he seems like an insignificant character but like a frog in a well, he is enlightened because he is a frog in a well... he listens to many stories and thoughts of people who come to the well.

I wonder how Yasaburou felt when he heard Yodogawa's story about his father's last moments before being eaten....and why Benten was crying? I really want to understand Benten's heart.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2013

83 by blinddig »»
Mar 8, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Do you think the series will get a s3?

Vamp_Lord - Oct 28, 2023

4 by InNeedOfAName »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:30 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

95 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2013

104 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2013

105 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 9, 2023 4:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.