Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2009 11:57 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome epi, if you're following the manga, a lot of unexpected things happened & looks like the anime will deliver something great after all. Crona & Marie finally goes off to Medusa's location. The war has barely begun but it deff looks like it's different from the manga cos' they're like scattered everywhere. Kidd's gone off to find the last demonic tool & Maka's last resolve to go after Crona, that leaves Black Star in Baba Yaga Castle. Anyways, getting excited for the last stretch of epis. Next epi, Kidd's encounter w/ the Clown, looks like the Clown arc got mixed up w/ the current plot XD

Jan 29, 2009 12:43 AM
Jun 2008
Yeah, is really different from tha manga, but I think I´m starting to like thi plot a lot (even though Black Star is givin his all in the manga, GO BRACK STARU!!!!)
Jan 29, 2009 10:05 AM

Oct 2008
-_- wanna watch this so bad...
Jan 29, 2009 11:08 AM

Nov 2008
It was a really good episode, Our translator has been caught up in Chinese New Year celebrations so we are a bit behind but hopefully soon =]
Jan 29, 2009 8:11 PM

Oct 2008
This was a great episode that finally sets us up for some action.

Black Star for the win, him on that rock with Maka being depressed was great. Soul's reaction to his going on about him surpassing even God again was a good catch, had they let him spout it off without anyone saying anything I would have called shenanigans.

Glad Maka finally snapped out of it though. I was getting pretty tired of the constant depression.

BTW: Do channels cut off in Japan at night? I know in the past when stations didn't have any shows to run at night they would go to the bars then static, but is it common for stations to not show late-night shows in Japan and bar/static out like that? It left me confused.
Jan 31, 2009 8:24 AM

Mar 2008
LOVED it. The music score for this episode was really good as well.
CANT WAIT FOR MORE!!
seems like things are heating up for a grand finale!! :D:D:D:D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2009 2:28 PM

Oct 2008
[UGS] Soul eater 42 H.264

Search for that on Google.
Jan 31, 2009 2:31 PM

Nov 2008
Tsubaki has released as well.
Jan 31, 2009 3:13 PM

Oct 2008
Tatsukun said:
Tsubaki has released as well.

Really?
I Couldn't find it -__-
Jan 31, 2009 3:49 PM
Jan 2009
Really liked this episode there is going to be some amazing upcoming battles ahead ^_^ Can't wait to see what's going to happen.
Jan 31, 2009 3:58 PM

Aug 2008
This was a terrible episode. Maka is so out of character in this episode. Very narrow-minded and unable to see the bigger picture. She harps, and blabs about contradictory statements that don't make any sense. Then everyone starts talking about elite students, Soul tells her to snap out of it, and she does?! What. This is the most disappointing episode of the series. Hopefully they can stay on character for the rest of the show, because all it does is bog everything else down and leaves us with a stagnant episode like this.
Jan 31, 2009 10:14 PM

Dec 2008
Enjoyed seeing a different side to Maka, and I'm curious to see what she's planning to do. c:

Also, WHY IS STEIN WITH MEDUSAHLDSHFLKAJKLDSA;SHG

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Feb 1, 2009 12:41 AM

Nov 2007
Nice episode, wonder why Kid is heading towards Medusa or is it another destination, lol @ the cat workers and not sure what to say about Maka at this stage =/
Feb 1, 2009 1:22 AM
Dec 2007
Soul Eater must have the dumbest cast of characters ever, and on top of that, it's incredibly badly directed. It's also close to the definition of a half-assed series. The episode itself was slow, dull and absolutely uninteresting. Nothing happened, full stop.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 1, 2009 3:13 AM

Apr 2008
Loved the Blair part xD
Looking forward to the next episode since the title hints some Kidd action.
Feb 1, 2009 3:14 AM

Nov 2007
I am just waiting for a Mary fight scene :D i have a feeling shes gonna be pretty damn amazing
Accidents ambush the unsuspecting, often violently, just like love.
Feb 1, 2009 3:24 AM

Oct 2007
This was far from my favorite episode of Soul Eater but it should get better through the rest of the show. This episode was mostly setup and also featured way too much Maka whining. I'm usually a big Maka supporter but she has annoyed me the past few episodes. Hopefully now that she has chosen her path she will whine less and kick ass more.

Black Star is awesome and I can't wait to see him fight. He will probably end up facing off against the sword guy I'm guessing. Hopefully he can avoid going 0-3.
Feb 1, 2009 7:38 AM

Mar 2008
Hmm . I'm kind of heta maka and soul :P Bffffffffffff. XD
and any way I love this episode ~
Feb 1, 2009 12:09 PM

Jul 2008
this episode rocks blackstar had me cracked up this whole ep and looks like blackstar gonna be in the castle i hope they show that fight thats happening in the manga right now if they do its gonna be fuckin epic.
Feb 1, 2009 6:06 PM

Dec 2008
I really, really liked this episode. Chrona looks ready to kick some ass (knew I liked him for a reason), Maka actually didn't annoy me that much (she did but not THAT much), Blair was cute and funny, we got to see Stein (though I have to wonder what's going on there...), Tsubaki was a sweetie as usual, Soul was awesome (I like his pajamas), Shinigami-sama with his 'baibai' was quite amusing, Arachne is creepy as...well, you know, she's creepy, and JUSTIN, god that's going to be epic.

Only problem was there was all of 5 seconds of Kid at the end...but seeing as ep 43 seems to focus on him all can be forgiven. I for one like where the anime is going! :D
Feb 1, 2009 8:29 PM

Sep 2008
this all seems to be preparing for a grand fianle
uff...at least we get rid of the emo makka

im still not sure about two things....why is stain like a gooner with medusa and
is crona a boy or a girl?(ive been wondering that for a long time....he/she uses boku and that´s for boys but thats not enough proof,,,,)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Feb 1, 2009 8:51 PM

Dec 2008
Zero_r2 said:
this all seems to be preparing for a grand fianle
uff...at least we get rid of the emo makka

im still not sure about two things....why is stain like a gooner with medusa and
is crona a boy or a girl?(ive been wondering that for a long time....he/she uses boku and that´s for boys but thats not enough proof,,,,)

I'm wondering about Stein myself, I know he met Medusa in the end of ep 41, but I'm guessing the madness just has him really out of it and Medusa took advantage of that.

As for Chrona, he has no gender. 'Boku' isn't for boys, it's generally used by boys and rarely used by girls, but it confirms nothing, the creator of the series simply hasn't given Chrona a gender from the start.
Feb 2, 2009 8:14 AM

Apr 2008
Fight between Justin and Giriko looks like it will be good. Was it just me or was the animation really good when they had their showdown?
Feb 2, 2009 1:14 PM

Jun 2008
Maka was even more annoying than usual. -_-
Now that he's left alone, BlackxStar's gonna rock at the Baba Yaga's castle.
Wondering what happens to Kidd in the next episode.
Feb 2, 2009 1:28 PM
Jan 2008
When the episode ended, i had a little smile on my face.
Gonna be interesting from now on...
Feb 2, 2009 7:46 PM

Sep 2008
damn Death the Kid is RAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 3, 2009 4:55 AM

Nov 2007
milesperminute said:
Fight between Justin and Giriko looks like it will be good. Was it just me or was the animation really good when they had their showdown?

Every time they fight its well good animation. There probably the best of the series - just my opinion :D
Accidents ambush the unsuspecting, often violently, just like love.
Feb 3, 2009 5:16 AM

Dec 2008
I cant wait for Justine to beat the crap out of Giriko. I wonder how will they win against Kishin. He is so darn powerful, even Shinigami cant defeat him the last time.

Maka is so emo to the extent that it irritates me. o_O
Feb 3, 2009 4:29 PM

Apr 2007
Maka is fucking annoying here...

Feb 4, 2009 12:29 AM

May 2008
Maka is annoying in this episode,
Tsubaki seems out of place and I really wanna smack Black star.

The manga was epic, but the anime took a different course which I highly dislike.

Hated it.
Feb 5, 2009 1:59 PM

Feb 2008
At least I wasn't the only one thinking Maka was slightly more irritating then the usual. It seems like she always needs some revelation or motivational speech to get a move on.

Other then that; I'm looking forward to the big battle ahead.

Oh, side note, I'm secretly hoping Stein being with Medusa will have some good come out of it. I know Stein has lost it, but maybe he held on to enough sanity to have a decent plan of action going on.
Feb 5, 2009 7:27 PM

Jul 2008
I love this anime so much. It just gets better and better :D. I can't wait to see how it all will end.

BTW I love the "Mandolin" joke, even though it wasn't in this episode...

And the "cats hand"=Blair & Co. was hilarious!
Feb 6, 2009 3:22 PM

Aug 2008
Maka was really very dull!
Staff! Stops of depression!
Feb 9, 2009 3:42 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
PandaPuff said:
Maka is fucking annoying here...
seriously her worries don't even make complete sense to me. I hope we never have to deal with emo/annoying Maka again! humph.
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 9, 2009 1:26 PM

Dec 2007
Pardon for asking something obvious but... who is this bitchy one left in shibusen HQ together with Spirit and Shinigami? >_>

And yes, Maka was irritating in this episode
Feb 9, 2009 1:33 PM

Apr 2008
Maka is acting stupid. I'm realy missing Medusa & Stein interaction. They finaly get together and then they don't even talk(or fight). How lame is that!? Things are not looking good for soul eater now that it has stopped following the manga!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Mar 11, 2009 7:01 PM

Aug 2007
maykipz said:
I really, really liked this episode. Chrona looks ready to kick some ass (knew I liked him for a reason), Maka actually didn't annoy me that much (she did but not THAT much), Blair was cute and funny, we got to see Stein (though I have to wonder what's going on there...), Tsubaki was a sweetie as usual, Soul was awesome (I like his pajamas), Shinigami-sama with his 'baibai' was quite amusing, Arachne is creepy as...well, you know, she's creepy, and JUSTIN, god that's going to be epic.

Only problem was there was all of 5 seconds of Kid at the end...but seeing as ep 43 seems to focus on him all can be forgiven. I for one like where the anime is going! :D

Mar 29, 2009 3:16 AM

Jan 2008
great episode. Looks like an epic fight is going to start.
Apr 7, 2009 7:02 PM

Jun 2008
Looks like Maka is getting serious now!
Jun 6, 2009 9:34 PM

May 2008
where is Kid ayway o-o did he accept what his father asked him to do?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 7, 2009 6:54 AM

Apr 2008
interesting ... cant wait to see this intense fight xD

Jul 24, 2009 12:42 PM

Jul 2009
Crona/Mary vs Medusa ... going to be coool xD
maka acts a lil bit too depressive, but finally she changes xD
really good episode

BATTLE KEISHI ^^
"just take it easy xD"
Jul 30, 2009 4:55 PM

Feb 2009
I didn't find Maka annoying or emo at all! And I don't think it was out of character either, she's always trying to do the right thing and to see the truth behind things, and this was the same now - only because she didn't know if Shibusen was doing the right thing, it was quite difficult for her to decide, all the more because of her loyalty.. I thought it showed great strength on her side, to not just do what she was told and rush for the battle because everyone said so, but to make up her own mind about it. Great girl.

Still, I was hoping for more Kid.. but seems next episode will make up for it.

Also, I hope Stein has some sanity left and/or something up his sleeve, would be a shame if he was reduced to a gibbering mess for the rest of the show. What happened to Marie's snake anyway? Hope someone was smart enough to make Medusa take it out as part of the agreement.
Aug 10, 2009 7:25 AM

May 2008
Yay, they're going after Chrona again.:D

Now that's my kind of determination as well.
I'd break the the rules for Chrona as well.

I think that the whole "letting it sink and simmer in" until taking action sort of makes the whole bit more dramatic. But I wish they didn't take a whole episode for her to decide to take her own path instead of Shibusen's path.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 11, 2009 10:08 AM

Jul 2009
Goddammit Maka is so annoying >.>
Dec 10, 2009 7:03 AM

Oct 2009
Omg, First I thought Shinigami sama going to say something serious but it turns out into bai bai. XD. made me laugh.

Looks like the final battle has begun.

Mar 12, 2010 2:43 PM

Jul 2008
so the assault begins, the final battle is coming!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 10, 2010 2:51 PM

Dec 2009
V!
Jun 24, 2010 12:41 PM
Jan 2009
A good plan of exiling Crona and Mary is a "lowly action"?
Idiots... Attacking an enemy who is very dangerous is lowly? That's just plain stupid. Who the hell cares about pride and honor at a moment like this?
Jul 24, 2010 4:11 PM

Apr 2010
Hmm I hope that'd be a good fight ahead!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 2, 2008

145 by WispyUmbra »»
Apr 2, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xLtay - Jul 22, 2008

115 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

WinterNightsFall - Jul 16, 2008

101 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Apr 28, 2008

116 by MORANGA »»
Mar 31, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cbkh915 - Mar 30, 2009

614 by Biisoo »»
Mar 30, 1:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.