Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 16, 2013 9:46 PM

May 2011
well, there was a lot of filers but the fighting is way good then the previous creepy arc xD, sanji vs vergo was well animated and the "law walking to the sad's factory"'s scene was epic
back to luffy vs cc's fight, it was epic thought there's a lot of filers in it but still good and impressive, well, we don't see a good one piece episode every week so it was very good to one piece 's episode

and i'm gonna love tashigi and the G5 people, they look hilarious when shinokuni entered the 3rd lab xD
and the dragon vs brook will be so creepy xD the drogon's hating brook now :)
5/5 for this week
Aug 17, 2013 2:18 PM
Jul 2013
Heard for some people that like One Piece goes downhil again after the timeskip(anime more likely,so what,you are sick of little fanservice or what?Come on it gets better and better and I don't even remember that it was going downhill even once..

Yeah,episode on Punk Hazard were little boring for me but now,wow dude this and episode 606,One Piece is back! GO,GO!
Aug 17, 2013 10:05 PM

Jun 2011
Anyone else thought that Monet's voice when she said "Kamakura" was sexy? "Kamakura" was the ice shield that protected C.C.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 19, 2013 8:54 PM
Aug 2013
Although the "feel" suddenly changed for me cause of the animation change, etc. , it was still a great ep.

Best part was the Sanji vs. Vergo fight. Sanji was already powerful enough to butt heads against a freakin vice admiral who uses Armament Haki and Rokushiki moves.

Regarding the Luffy vs. Caesar fight, it seems the Gas Gas no Mi is even more destructive than I expected. Add haki to Caesar and that guy'll be nearly invincible lol
Aug 21, 2013 5:56 PM

Jul 2009
The animation and overall production finally improved! The sound effects and BGM was on point this episode. I wish they keep this up.
Aug 28, 2013 9:10 AM

Oct 2009
Man best episode in a long time and even great new OST tracks! Animation was much better, too bad the actual episode was only 16mins :(
Dammit Monet! Why couldn't you just let this arc finish >.<!
Nov 16, 2013 6:38 AM

May 2013
Been a while since i enjoyed a op episode like that
Dec 29, 2013 7:37 AM

Mar 2010
Caesar was lucky.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 30, 2013 10:00 AM

Mar 2011
That Gas-shit don't know how to wield a lightsaber.
Apr 19, 2014 3:10 AM

Dec 2009
Woah... the animation increased immensely. Hopefully it will last throughout the rest of the arc.
Jan 30, 2015 9:57 AM

Oct 2013
I want to see that Vergo pay for treating his nakama like that :@

Sep 4, 2015 6:27 AM

Jun 2015
shit damn its getting so interesting
Aug 3, 2016 7:49 PM

Mar 2015
So like how does Monet change her tops with wings as large and long as those?

Sorry guys I have nothing nice left to say about this arc I'm just powering through and leaving comments

Shoelololololololololololololol
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 20, 2017 3:33 PM

May 2014
Fights this episode really kept me on the edge of my seat, and that doesn't usually happen with One Piece fights (unless they're Usopp or Nami ones).

Animation during the Sanji vs Vergo one was quite something, actually!

Looking forward to seeing what sorta plan Law is trying to orchestrate- he's the very definition of shade rn.

Also, more Doflamingo next episode?
Sign me the hell up.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2017 6:08 AM

Feb 2013
Monet saved Caesar, damn it, I wanna see him get his ass kicked.
Law is too cool.
Jul 3, 2019 3:10 AM

May 2016
Awesome episode. Caesar vs Luffy was epic, can't wait for the final battle which should be soon. Sanji vs Vergo was also great. I hope Smoker beats the crap out of Vergo in the next episode.

And wtf is Law planning? Something big is about to go down!

Can I also just say that the fights in this episode reminded me A LOT of Enies Lobby all those episodes ago.
Oct 14, 2019 7:10 AM

Jun 2016
This was a super fulfilling episode despite the recap being pretty awful. We were shown so much of the Vergo scene and then shown the Caesar and Luffy scene again leading us into 7 minutes before the episode started. But, I felt the episode had so much in it that I didn’t mind at all.

So, I’ll start with where the episode started: Luffy and Caesar. Like their first encounter, the sheer joy of having Luffy dodge and take on Caesar’s attacks and then pummel him with awesome impact frames never left. The fight totally became one of Caesar attacking Luffy like a bullet hell game and Luffy occasionally punching the hell out of Caesar and launching him flying. I really think it came down to a game of exhausting Luffy and slowly inflicting serious damage onto Caesar, but it became clear quickly with the amount of fire, swordplay, explosions, and oxygen stealing that Luffy would be the loser here. The damage Luffy was inflicting was not enough even if it was incredibly enjoyable to see. So, when given the opportunity to run or die, it was awesome to see Luffy’s decision. We all knew it was coming but this rubber bastard doesn’t give up and he gave what would have been an immaculate ending to this fight. Luffy learned the range of Caesar’s oxygen deprivation and he cuts him off, entering second gear, he even gives a badass one liner that “if he can’t breath then he’ll take Caesar out in one breath”. A bell to get out of the range and get that one good breath comes and he bashes into Caesar, and then follows him as he dodges to give him a hardened gatling. It was cool! It was like he tech chased in smash bros terms. A super spontaneous and juicy and instinctual maneuver that Luffy is so known for. Of course though, Monet let this happen until it was time to save Caesar and she did so because if she didn’t then Doflamingo would kill her. She seems to have snow powers and she’s keeping Luffy busy, I fear her even more than Caesar because she seems highly intelligent but lacking the ego problem Caesar has. But seriously, the first blow of the episode, the first jet pistol that Caesar didn’t see coming, and the knee into his gut as he was trying to cut Luffy up were all gold.

Then we have the continuation of Sanji and Vergo. Oh my gosh, that was awesome! How does one episode have these two fights at the same time?! The first two good blows were given by a Sanji taking Vergo off guard, flying in and getting a headshot and later being unexpectedly strong, catching Vergo off balance, and then slamming him into the wall. It reminded me of Bon Clay vs Sanji in Alabasta with the vicious trading of kicks. But it can’t be that easy, Vergo climbed out of the wall like a robot showing he didn’t retain too much damage and showed the real strength of a vice admiral. The animation was certainly fluid and the second we saw Sanji’s bone start to crack was the tide turning. Vergo totally came in prepared this time and Sanji was put on the defense, culminating in Vergo presumably winning round 2 like Sanji won round 1. The gas rushing from behind them as the gates were closing made for quite the memorable and tense moment, that and Sanji having quite the strong opponent for the first time post time skip I think! I also liked the little moments like Sanji showing his smarts and predicting Caesar’s plan to gas them before anyone else, and his empathy when he saw the hurt G-5 that didn’t get out. Sanji can be brutal but he definitely cares for people at a core level. :)

Lastly, Law seems to have a dangerous idea and we’re finally starting to understand it… Vergo expressed that Law formed an alliance for defence and joined the warlords to get to this room, he has a worst scenario in mind that could ruin the New World… It’s ambiguous at this point but it seems Luffy is involved in quite a controversial plan and presumably the object in the room will be what he came here to look for to begin with. The thing that may be instrumental in taking down the emperor. And you know what, it gave us one cool walk from him as he casually strolled down the hallway and some quite smug moments of satisfaction on his end so I’m all for it. A smiling Law is a smiling me! But, can’t Vergo just crush his heart right now if he really wants to? As for the dragon going berserk, I felt bad for Brook!! You jerks, Zoro is the dragon slayer, don’t push Brook into it!
Nov 26, 2020 8:50 PM

Jul 2020
damn, can't wait to see Law's plan
Feb 8, 2021 7:29 AM

May 2016
I know that Sanji's got godly legs but I'm sure that even someone like him would feel the pain of trading countless kicks with a literal man of steel for more than a few mornings after all this. Ouch.

If Monet's a double agent, she's doing a pretty convincing job by helping Caesar out and going as far as to fight Luffy for a bit.

I wonder what S.A.D stands for, hm.

Jul 12, 2021 8:47 AM

Jun 2019
Trafalgar Law... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 23, 2021 9:27 PM

Aug 2021
The fights were good but the opening + recap was about 7 minutes long argghhh
Apr 21, 2022 8:12 PM

Dec 2012
Between Luffy vs Caesar and the developments in Law's plans, this episode definitely delivered. I'm still skeptical about Monet's motives & intrigued by the role she'll play.
Aug 13, 2023 10:45 AM
Oct 2019
My god, Opening + recap until 7 minutes and 30 second? Bruhh

Luffy vs Caesar was fun to watch.

SAD?
Nani tf?
Nov 18, 2023 2:34 AM

May 2021
So Law currently is the biggest snake in One Piece
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 392 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 8, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 391 Discussion

Kitschi - Mar 11, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
Today, 6:42 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
Today, 5:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
Today, 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.