Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 10, 2013 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Cute toy~

Decent episode imo. Seems like Seira has to deal with her struggles this time. I just love the drama of this how show still though.
Aug 10, 2013 8:36 AM
Jun 2011
poor seira this was some sad trauma for her in the past now i understend why she is like this in the battles against the monsters
elior1Aug 10, 2013 8:41 AM
Aug 10, 2013 10:23 AM

May 2013
What a sad past that Seira had. That was brutal how she lost her friend.
Aug 10, 2013 10:52 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hm well I guess I don't dislike Akari as much as I did before. She has definitely changed since the first two episodes. I liked what she said to Seira, how if hearing the daemonia's voices makes her unable to kill them, then it means she lacks resolve.
Aug 10, 2013 10:56 AM
Sep 2011
This is it folks. Seira focus episode. The last chance for this show to make her likable.

Bravo to this show for subverting expectations twice in a single episode. It seemed obvious that the reason Seira's so hardcore about fighting is because someone important to her turned into one of those things. Instead we get something much worse.

Then of course there's the two girls we're introduced to, who Seira befriends. It seemed like the little black haired one would become a monster from the beginning.

I'm already pleased with Seira's reasoning for being so quick to attack these things. When we're dealing with the fact that people turn into them, and hearing their voices, it's easy to forget all the civilians that can die while you're busy trying to talk to them.

I also like that Seira basically just considers this a job, and doesn't seem to want to be friends or teammates with the others. As long as she's not too rude about it.

The scene where Seira has her final talk with Hanae almost gave me feels. It was pretty emotional.

Strange role reversal. Now Seira can't kill it and Akari's lecturing her about it.

Did this episode really do it? Did it actually make Seira likable? YES! I'm amazed. This was probably the best episode yet. Very touching, depressing and a little bit heartwarming.

5/5
Aug 10, 2013 11:34 AM

Jan 2012
Feel sorry for Seira in this episode, her backstory wasn't what i'd thought it'd have been.
RLinksoul said:
Did this episode really do it? Did it actually make Seira likable? YES! I'm amazed. This was probably the best episode yet. Very touching, depressing and a little bit heartwarming.

5/5

Gotta agree, gave Seira abit more depth.

But damn, Hanae :(
Aug 10, 2013 12:02 PM
May 2013
great episode.
Aug 10, 2013 1:11 PM

Sep 2009
Great episode. So that's the reason why she hates so much Daemonia. Poor her and to her friend Manami...
Aug 10, 2013 1:20 PM

May 2013
So the only one still missing a proper back story is Luna. I really liked the Ginka and Seira episodes. This week's daemonia looked pretty creepy. I wonder if there is any special meaning in its design aside from the two star hair clips of course.
Aug 10, 2013 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
Huh, episode focuses on Seira, some character development for her. I can see why she has a strong hatred from the Daemonia from her past. Sad that Hanae has turned but at least she was able to talk to her and resolved. Gave this episode two thumbs up.

Aug 10, 2013 1:47 PM

Jul 2013

Akari's sister and now Manami... The backstory is proving to be way better than the actual story.

EDIT: Actually, it's Akari's cousin.
silentlylurkingAug 10, 2013 2:00 PM
Aug 10, 2013 1:48 PM

Jul 2013
That past sure was brutal, I can understand her hatred for Daemonia now. But it must hurt to see one of your friends turn into a Daemonia as well, I feel so bad for Seira, she needs a hug ;_;.

This was a good episode, I give this one a 5

jacnoronha said:

Akari's sister and now Manami... The backstory is proving to be way better than the actual story.

My mouth dropped at the scene, I wasn't expecting that to happen to Manami
Aug 10, 2013 2:13 PM

Aug 2010
^ Ouch!...That death made me cringe! Really brutal. No wonder Seira hates them that much.

As for the ep, really enjoyed it a lot. Seira's development was top notch. Good job making me forgive her and start liking her. And so was Akari's, what she said about having the resolve to kill them after hearing their voice was really BA from her ^^

These last 2 back stories were really well done. Hope that Luna's will be good as well.

But really the way they make u attached to the characters in one episode and then turn them into a Daemonia is amazing writing. Gotta give them props for that.
Aug 10, 2013 3:45 PM

Jul 2012
Seira suddenly shot up high as a great character and Akari improved too! Thank you show<3
Aug 10, 2013 4:32 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, that really was a good episode. They've managed to make Seira likeable (I wasn't particularly fond of her until just now and I know I'm not the only one) while also showing that Akari is settling into the role and maturing.

It's disheartening that the creators made a great show but so few viewers stuck around to actually see it get better with each new episode because, yeah, that first episode ~was~ kind of a bad introduction when so many other series were premiering at the same time. Also that terribly misguided "Madoka-wannabe" controversy that unfortunately probably still haunts this show by people who, by taking that stance, reveal themselves as having not watched. That aggravates me to no end.
Aug 10, 2013 4:59 PM
Apr 2013
I found this episode touching. This poor show is rated so low, i don't think it deserves this bad of a score :?
Aug 10, 2013 5:42 PM

Jan 2011
Well, this episode persuaded me to raise its rating by one, and there still is half the cour to go. You can expect the average rating to rise by at least a few tenths of a point just by the mechanics of how it is calculated when it finishes its run, but I also think there will be other people like me who raise it from a mediocre score to a good average score (in MAL terms that seems to be a 7 or slightly above).

It's got some very attractive features and the plot seems to be developing some nuances, but ground-breaking it isn't and, unlike some, I find the gory deaths of lolis to be more than a little off-putting.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 10, 2013 5:54 PM
Jul 2018

There's that Ashe Ult! (LoL Players get the reference)

Good Episode like always.
Aug 10, 2013 7:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Finally, they didn't drag this smug attitude of Seira longer! Finally she's a more enlightened.

She was simply weaker because she lacked to resolve to eliminate them even after hearing their voice. Now she finally understands.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 10, 2013 7:52 PM

Sep 2010
And the last to resist Akari's BS has fallen. *deep sigh*

Moral of the story so far... we should listen to the voices because... we should!

Seriously who cares what they're saying.

I could understand it if they were trying to get info that would end up pointing them towards the people responsible but, as it is it's absolutely 100% pointless.

Well now that we've gotten past the obligatory Akari converts everyone to her way of thinking episodes out of the way, maybe we'll finally get to the meat of the story.

*sigh* (¬_¬)
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Aug 10, 2013 8:26 PM

Aug 2012
That death was sick i was not expecting something like that, it made me cringe when i saw that.

Aug 10, 2013 9:59 PM

Jun 2013
Was surprised to hear Akari say that during the Daemonia fight. She definitely changed from when she started to first fight them.

Oh man, Manami got it bad. That's gotta be a horrible memory.
Aug 10, 2013 10:03 PM

May 2013
Seira was always my favorite character in this anime. I loved her character design and her power (I'm a sucker for bows). Now I just want to give her a hug, the way her friend died was terrible. I cringed at that scene and played it over to confirm that really just happened. I love the character development and all but I really want the plot to move along. I'm thinking a Luna episode might be next following the pattern but I don't know since she already believes in talking to the Daemonia.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 10, 2013 11:34 PM

Mar 2013
I really hope this chick killed her hairstylist before she died because seriously.

This is the ugliest mullet I've ever seen. She almost deserved to die just for that sin to hair.
Aug 11, 2013 12:26 AM

Nov 2012
I was annoyed with Seira's attitude in earlier episode's but now that I've seen her backstory she makes total sense. It also looks like my prediction about Seira trying to leave the team was correct, although I was wrong about her trying to go off on her own. It's quite fascinating that the seemingly "strong" character is the one who is actually weak at heart.

It's quite impressive that a monster of the week anime has managed to have such unique episodes, and I like the attention given to the people who turn into demonica's. I hope they go deeper into the fact that the people who turn into them are erased. At the moment it seems like a cheap way to explain why no ones doing something about all these unexplained murders, so I hope more attention is paid in future.

Great episode. 5/5
Aug 11, 2013 5:12 AM

Jul 2013
good development for blue ice shooter. i first think if her friend become a daemonia, but it's wrong her friend got killed by daemonia, because that she hates daemonia so much and dont want to comunicate with them
That manami death remind me for watching Another lol.Damn this anime make me feel bad, they kill some random lolis every week T_T
so 3/4 of team has deal with their problem, last one will be tohou girl to deal with (or maybe not because she has already tells akari her past) and finaly they will fight with antagonist transgender hoodie -_-
Aug 11, 2013 5:28 AM

Jan 2012
The feels.....
It's good Seira at last make up with Akari
Aug 11, 2013 6:56 AM

Apr 2009
Finally, a Seira-centric episode. The backstory of the resident Kuudere (because she's a cold Ice Queen and not emotionless, which is a Dandere). I've been waiting for this. We see part of her past, and from that it's straightforward to think why she absolutely insisted on destroying the Daemonia. I do agree with others that her backstory wasn't what I expected.

This time, even miss Straight Arrow falters too, when faced with the choice of destroying an enemy she actually knew. All of her other enemies so far had been unrelated to her, so this is a true test of her resolve. Not so easy now, is it? It's nice how she was able to become closer to Akari after this, hopefully she becomes a lot nicer in the next episodes. Now this I can say to be a good episode.

On a side note, KitaEri makes some HNNNNGH-worthy "eheh~" sounds when voicing young girls. On top of her great performance with emotional lines. <3
Aug 11, 2013 8:02 AM

Apr 2010
So next week will be a Luna focused episode?

Any case it showed a little bit about Seira's back ground and her way of thinking, she looked like a happy cute girl in the past.
Loosing her friend like that was a great shock to her and she changed a lot for that.
Aug 11, 2013 9:07 AM

Sep 2012
Amazing how two days could build up so much friendship for Seira, though not seeing Ginka getting affected, probably due to the absence of the 2nd day..

I do find it unconvincing enough... maybe it's just me. But it's good to see that Seira and Akari could get along in the future. :)
Aug 11, 2013 9:21 AM

Jul 2012
Another pretty good episode, though kinda predictable throughout. The main thing this show is lacking in is pacing, which I suppose is kind of normal for a show of this length. Still, they need to stop jumping from scene to scene every 12 seconds because they're missing a lot of opportunities to develop the characters more smoothly, as opposed to just springing it on us at the last second.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Aug 11, 2013 1:12 PM

Feb 2013
Aversa said:
So next week will be a Luna focused episode?

Any case it showed a little bit about Seira's back ground and her way of thinking, she looked like a happy cute girl in the past.
Loosing her friend like that was a great shock to her and she changed a lot for that.

Gen'ei official website, via Google Translate said:
Information on the basis of Ariel and Etia, tarot use with a card of "lover" is the disappeared is provided. While examining the situation, Etia you decide to give your vacations rookie troops. 4 people do not know anything, enjoy the rest after a long time. Meanwhile, a new reality of Daemonia was about to be solved in Sefiro Fiore.

So equivalent of a mid-cour "beach episode" or whatever, but something interesting gets revealed.

Vacation isn't looking terribly relaxing, judging by the preview pics.

Aug 11, 2013 1:29 PM

Sep 2012
Boring.
This show is a severe case of character development getting in the way of the plot. We get a Monster of the Week, characterization on side characters that either die or have no purpose for the story, and a focus on one of the main characters. And that's it, the end.
Aug 11, 2013 1:39 PM

May 2013
It is kind of obvious, but I would like to know for sure if:

1. The two daemonia destroyed at the start of the episode were the two friends of Ginka's uncle.

2. The heart the hospital received for the transplant is Hanae's (Doctors might have already forgotten who was the donor, but they salvaged her heart from her dying body). If true the devil did kept ths time around his side of the bargain.

I wonder if Luna will be turned into a Daemonia later on, as everyone keeps getting closer to Akari her jealousy is bound to increase.

I wonder if Seira is be able to do a pec-bounce with her muscular tities :9
Aug 11, 2013 6:57 PM

Feb 2013
jacnoronha said:
^ that...

and Seira... crying? Oh the feels!
Aug 11, 2013 10:34 PM

Jul 2012
Spoiler talk for those who have not seen the episode yet.

And now I felt like that Seria needs a hug. :( (Seriously I want to weep some more...)

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Aug 12, 2013 6:52 AM

Jul 2012
Whoever write or direct this show should know that killing off a loli in a brutal way isn't the only way to made a "dark" or "deep" show.
Aug 12, 2013 8:42 AM
Sep 2011
joshua_mai said:
Whoever write or direct this show should know that killing off a loli in a brutal way isn't the only way to made a "dark" or "deep" show.

It's missing that element of false advertisement and shock value that made Madoka such a massive success.
Aug 12, 2013 10:07 AM

Feb 2013
joshua_mai said:

Seira's blinding hatred had to be justified somehow and it wasn't going to be because daemonia made her toast land butter-side down on the floor. You had to anticipate something horrific in her past and something remarkably horrific is what we got. Its long been established that the price for a contractor's wish is possession that invariably leads to the murder of innocents. Seira was spared no exception when her best friend was impaled on the scaffolding. Someone HAD to die.
Aug 12, 2013 11:06 AM

Sep 2012
RLinksoul said:
joshua_mai said:

It's missing that element of false advertisement and shock value that made Madoka such a massive success.

No, it's missing a good plot.
Aug 13, 2013 12:35 AM

Sep 2012
what a sad episode for Seira...

that Manami killing in brutal way...i was so shocked when that happens...

now, Seira understands why Akari is having a hard time defeating the Daemonia...

xD
Aug 13, 2013 1:06 AM

Jan 2013
Best episode yet.
Maybe ill give it a 7/10
Aug 13, 2013 8:08 AM
Feb 2012
While I still can't shake off the feeling of watching a cheaper version of Madoka, it's getting easier to focus on the show as a standalone work. Again, the similarities keep popping up in my mind but it's getting better.
That being said, I enjoyed this week's episode. Out of the girls' stories, Seira's is the strongest (read: most touching) one so far.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 13, 2013 8:54 AM

Jan 2008
I would be more moved by Manami's death/Seira's loss if they actually showed something more to their friendship beside that single alpaka plush. Also lol @ Manami, "everybody now what alpaka is, common knowledge". I'm sure it is, especially in Japan where they have a friggin' dating sim dedicated to them.

Nevertheless, the episode was okay. I liked the twist behind Seira being the most emotional of the group actually and the two girls were believable. I can say that I finally felt something for the characters, Hanae and her friend were so adorable in their friendship, I was sad after you-know-what.
Aug 13, 2013 10:00 AM

Jan 2011
ok no complains this time, the ep was good
Aug 13, 2013 12:22 PM
Aug 2013
Seira T______T

Her backstory of why she hates the Daemonia so much. Oh damn Manami 0____0

Now Hanae is a Daemonia too. Two of her best friends gone forever.
So the organ donor is Hanae??

Seira's relation with Akari is better now. Next week is Luna center episode?
Aug 13, 2013 1:02 PM

May 2013
her flaskback story is scary...

akari look cool.
Aug 15, 2013 11:42 AM

Oct 2012
jacnoronha said:

EDIT: Actually, it's Akari's cousin.

better picture

^ Why isn't this updating...
Aug 16, 2013 11:13 PM

Jan 2008
45Ravager said:
That past sure was brutal, I can understand her hatred for Daemonia now. But it must hurt to see one of your friends turn into a Daemonia as well, I feel so bad for Seira, she needs a hug ;_;.

This was a good episode, I give this one a 5

jacnoronha said:

Akari's cousin and now Manami... The backstory is proving to be way better than the actual story.

My mouth dropped at the scene, I wasn't expecting that to happen to Manami

I feel so bad for Seira first Manami n now Manae that has to suck I can respect her more now i was sure there was something that was dark by how she was acting toward Daemonia but now it makes more snese

5/5 for this episode.
Aug 17, 2013 6:11 AM

Dec 2010
wow intense episode! I knew that chick was hot for a reason
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

49 by SuperGalaxy211 »»
Apr 11, 2020 8:29 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

83 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2019 6:26 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

54 by tokidoki921 »»
Sep 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

121 by removed-user »»
May 14, 2019 7:08 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

100 by Dthomas22 »»
Jan 5, 2019 3:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.