Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2013 9:34 PM

Sep 2012
Don't expect too much from the next episode. Serious shit will most likely come back for the episode 8.
Aug 11, 2013 10:29 PM
May 2009
The fight between Ilya and Saber Alter was okay, but I thought it was ruined by the amount of reused animation. There are even scenes in the fight where Ilya is using the overedge Kanshou & Bakuya before she even traced them.
Aug 11, 2013 11:52 PM

Aug 2012
I was not expecting something like this, oh how i was surprised. That was so amazing.

Aug 12, 2013 12:25 AM

Feb 2010
Fai said:
DAT EXCALIBUR(only fitting considering the location :P)
DAT ANIMATION QUALITY
DAT sword of promised victory-alter ost organ version.
DAT FUCKING FORESHADOWING
DAT EMIYA OST ILLYA REMIX
DAT RHO AIAS

EAT YOUR WORDS HATERRRRRRRRS. (although it is depressing that Prisma gets to do justice to EMIYA themesong and build-up first before we get a proper FSN version of it)

I dare you to tell you this is not part of fate franchise. I double dare you. This is more in line with fate franchise than DEEN's fsn ever was.

Overall this episode is nice taste of things to come in Zwei and Drei :P

9000/5

however i agree with the fact that this is much more cohesive than the F/SN adaptation, still its a Spin Off, in other words, it don't belong to the main franchise (Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia) and it's not even necessary to understand the Nasuverse, the mangá has it's own rules and interior logic to sustain the Mahou Shoujo part.
You can argue all you want that this is canon and its part of the main franchise because nasuverse have multiple universes ( Zelretch's second magic) and because they use mahou shoujo parody in official work (which is ridiculous, its clearly there just for comedy, it's like saying that Saber transforming in Saber Alter just because is angry in F/HA is cohesive) but, this don't mean that is canon, any story can be cohesive with the original work and still not be canon, take Narita Ryohgo's Fate/Strange Fake for example.

Even for Fate/Zero Nasu have to recognize it as prequel and canon in the commentary part of the Light Novel.
Aug 12, 2013 3:28 AM

Aug 2009
JoaoZangetsu said:
Fai said:
DAT ANIMATION QUALITY
DAT RHO AIAS

EAT YOUR WORDS HATERRRRRRRRS. (although it is depressing that Prisma gets to do justice to EMIYA themesong and build-up first before we get a proper FSN version of it)

I dare you to tell you this is not part of fate franchise. I double dare you. This is more in line with fate franchise than DEEN's fsn ever was.

9000/5

however i agree with the fact that this is much more cohesive than the F/SN adaptation, still its a Spin Off, in other words, it don't belong to the main franchise (Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia) and it's not even necessary to understand the Nasuverse, the mangá has it's own rules and interior logic to sustain the Mahou Shoujo part.
You can argue all you want that this is canon and its part of the main franchise because nasuverse have multiple universes ( Zelretch's second magic) and because they use mahou shoujo parody in official work (which is ridiculous, its clearly there just for comedy, it's like saying that Saber transforming in Saber Alter just because is angry in F/HA is cohesive) but, this don't mean that is canon, any story can be cohesive with the original work and still not be canon, take Narita Ryohgo's Fate/Strange Fake for example.

Even for Fate/Zero Nasu have to recognize it as prequel and canon in the commentary part of the Light Novel.
Correct me if I am wrong but Fate/Strange Fake wasnt even completed iirc.There is a problem in having a dropped story as part of canon.

Also Nasu didnt have to recognize it aka spell it out for us.I mean he collaborates with Urobuchi to create FZ and he has to spell it out for us ?.Just like we didnt need to know MOST of all the other stuff he talked about in the afterword.

F/KPI is recognized by Type Moon and is promoted along with the other Fate/ series yet it doesnt belong in the franchise or canon?
Aug 12, 2013 3:47 AM

Jul 2007
JoaoZangetsu said:

There's no "main franchise, or we would not have Apocrypha, EXTRA and Prototype.

Most of "its own rules" are still based on nasuverse canon. The mahou shoujo part does not even need an "interior logic -

So far the only nasuverse work that is recognized as NOT canon by him is Canaan. The level of support Prisma Illya was provided by Type Moon makes it no less cannon than Fate/EXTRA, Fate/Extra CCC, and Fate/apocrypha.

Fate Strange Fake was an april's fool joke
Aug 12, 2013 7:10 AM
Jul 2007
Yusa-pyan said:
DAT EVERYTHING
HOW IS THIS STILL A 6.92????

I'm guessing because of non-VN viewers. I think this show should be near or at least above 8/10 on here. Cardcaptor Sakura has an 8+/10 rating :/.
eraltergAug 12, 2013 7:13 AM
Aug 12, 2013 8:21 AM

Feb 2010
ssjokg said:
JoaoZangetsu said:
Fai said:
DAT ANIMATION QUALITY
DAT RHO AIAS

9000/5

Correct me if I am wrong but Fate/Strange Fake wasnt even completed iirc.There is a problem in having a dropped story as part of canon.

Also Nasu didnt have to recognize it aka spell it out for us.I mean he collaborates with Urobuchi to create FZ and he has to spell it out for us ?.Just like we didnt need to know MOST of all the other stuff he talked about in the afterword.

F/KPI is recognized by Type Moon and is promoted along with the other Fate/ series yet it doesnt belong in the franchise or canon?

That's why i said Spin Off, or Sidequel, i didn't said that was not canon, i was arguing about the reasons to say that was canon, i only said that was not the part of main franchise.

I'll give the example of Muv Luv franchise, Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse is a official light novel that is a Spin Off of the original Muv Luv Franchise, (Extra, Unlimited and Alternative) and yet, even have a adaptation for visual novel and anime, and is still a Spin Off (or Sidequel) and is optional to read or not, it'll not influence the main franchise so the author is free to create own new rules in the work (In the case of Fate/KPI, this system of colecting Cards, Rin overpowering Saber Alter in pure strenght).
and i believe that Nasu recongnize F/Z officaly to not confuse it as an spin off (and Urobuchi in that time had internal conflicts to make sequels and prequels).
Aug 12, 2013 8:52 AM

Mar 2010
Yeah, I didn't read VN, and that what I saw:

Too long retrospection from previous episode, clichy "Your super attack won't work" moments for Luvia and Rin, Illya's power-up from nothing, unnecessary fanservice in Illya's costume (did EMIYA has exposed belly?).

This show keeps getting worse and worse >_<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2013 9:39 AM

Jul 2009
Orzi said:

Too long retrospection from previous episode, clichy "Your super attack won't work" moments for Luvia and Rin, Illya's power-up from nothing, unnecessary fanservice in Illya's costume (did EMIYA has exposed belly?).

trust me, it would have been worse if there were no recap for the 2 last episode
bruh
Aug 12, 2013 9:48 AM

Jul 2007
JoaoZangetsu said:

That's why i said Spin Off, or Sidequel, i didn't said that was not canon, i was arguing about the reasons to say that was canon, i only said that was not the part of main franchise.

I'll give the example of Muv Luv franchise, Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse is a official light novel that is a Spin Off of the original Muv Luv Franchise, (Extra, Unlimited and Alternative) and yet, even have a adaptation for visual novel and anime, and is still a Spin Off (or Sidequel) and is optional to read or not, it'll not influence the main franchise so the author is free to create own new rules in the work (In the case of Fate/KPI, this system of colecting Cards, Rin overpowering Saber Alter in pure strenght).
and i believe that Nasu recongnize F/Z officaly to not confuse it as an spin off (and Urobuchi in that time had internal conflicts to make sequels and prequels).

The difference is that this IS a multiverse, so there's no "definite" canon.

On collecting cards - magical artifacts are nothing that uncommon in nasuverse.

On rin overpowering Saber Alter -

And most of that is moot anyway - FSN does NOT have a digital world cyberpunk holy grail war nor 14 masters, yet both Apocrypha and EXTRA are canon. Why ? because most of alternate realities have a reason for being that way and still behave in same fashion as most of nasuverse.

Orzi said:

"your super attack won't work" is perfectly justified considering Saber's magic RES.
Illya's powerup has been foreshadowed + expected if one knows ANYTHING about fsn and what Illya is there.

Archer outfit is personal preference.

And let's not forge that its not archer. Its Illya in Archer outfit, so its shaped in the way that fits her.
Aug 12, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2011
heh... mods edit my post because it was too harsh

Orzi said:

you have to have a warped sense of logic, or lack of, if you fucking think this is fucking getting worse

Fai said:
Fate Strange Fake was an april's fool joke

originally
rereleased in the form of a novel as a extra in Type Moon Ace
thats what i read at least
Brigs77Aug 13, 2013 12:08 AM
Aug 12, 2013 10:25 AM

Jan 2013
if this doesnt pull the ratings up then I wonder what will ?
she turned into fucking heroic emiya, one of my favs. what if she can turn into awesome characters like gilgamesh and have intense fights like she did in this episode ?

Aug 12, 2013 10:25 AM

Feb 2010
Fai said:
JoaoZangetsu said:

The difference is that this IS a multiverse, so there's no "definite" canon.

On collecting cards - magical artifacts are nothing that uncommon in nasuverse.

On rin overpowering Saber Alter -

And most of that is moot anyway - FSN does NOT have a digital world cyberpunk holy grail war nor 14 masters, yet both Apocrypha and EXTRA are canon. Why ? because most of alternate realities have a reason for being that way and still behave in same fashion as most of nasuverse.

You need read what i said again, and you need understand the definition of Spin Off, it does'nt matter if have multiple universes, is a statement outside internal logic.
i said that the story has it's own new rules, so it's not absurd based on its own logic.
And i'm well aware of the second magic and Zelretch's power, but you need understand that was a direct physical combat, not a magical combat, there's much diference between this and the fight of Zelretch and Crinsom Moon, and the battle between Rin and Sakura.
And you can see that the Kaleidostick power even fail to overpower the Caster magecraft, so there's a limit to it's power, as said in the show, they can't overcome every being.
In the case of Ilya overpowering Saber Alter for example, it's obvious, projection can replicate the enemy's strenght, like in Nine Bullet Revolver battle.
Aug 12, 2013 10:42 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:

And alter servants are weaker due to corruption and due to the fact that its essentially one prana source divided amongst all servants.

Saber with Rin
Strength: A Mana: A
Endurance: B Luck: A+
Agility: B N. Phantasm: A++
Magic Resistance A
Instinct A
Prana Burst A

Saber Alter
Strength: A Mana: A++
Endurance: A Luck: C
Agility: D N. Phantasm: A++
Magic Resistance B
Instinct B
Prana Burst A

Disregard Luck since it is the most BS stat in Nasuverse.
The only part were she is really weaker is Agility.

Alter in F/KPI pretty much attacks like Alter in HF.Like she has infinite mana.It's way more precise to say that ILya is fucking amazing than calling Alters weaker than their normal states .

Fai said:

Orzi said:

"your super attack won't work" is perfectly justified considering Saber's magic RES.
Illya's powerup has been foreshadowed + expected if one knows ANYTHING about fsn and what Illya is there.

Archer outfit is personal preference.

And let's not forge that its not archer. Its Illya in Archer outfit, so its shaped in the way that fits her.

It's more like he didnt gave a shit when watching FZ and FSN.For once I want to see valid criticism on a show not just Fate/.

JoaoZangetsu said:

You need read what i said again, and you need understand the definition of Spin Off, it does'nt matter if have multiple universes, is a statement outside internal logic.
i said that the story has it's own new rules, so it's not absurd based on its own logic.
And i'm well aware of the second magic and Zelretch's power, but you need understand that was a direct physical combat, not a magical combat, there's much diference between this and the fight of Zelretch and Crinsom Moon, and the battle between Rin and Sakura.
And you can see that the Kaleidostick power even fail to overpower the Caster magecraft, so there's a limit to it's power, as said in the show, they can't overcome every being.
In the case of Ilya overpowering Saber Alter for example, it's obvious, projection can replicate the enemy's strenght, like in Nine Bullet Revolver battle.

There is a limit to their power?Lets see, like against

It is a spin off but at the same time it is canon.I dont see how there is a problem?
Btw someone that hasnt watched FSN or read the VN or didnt pay any attention at all like Orzi above,wouldnt even understand what Ilya just did except from somehow copying Excalibur out of nowhere.
It has some new rules but it still uses the "old" ones.
ssjokgAug 12, 2013 10:51 AM
Aug 12, 2013 10:45 AM

Apr 2011
wow...

I was no expecting this awesome fight scene. Probably the best thing I've seen so far in all animated fate anime
Aug 12, 2013 10:50 AM

Aug 2009
Valaskjalf said:
wow...

I was no expecting this awesome fight scene. Probably the best thing I've seen so far in all animated fate anime

*looks at list*
I have to question your taste logic.
Aug 12, 2013 11:08 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:

Disregard Luck since it is the most BS stat in Nasuverse.
The only part were she is really weaker is Agility.

Alter in F/KPI pretty much attacks like Alter in HF.Like she has infinite mana.It's way more precise to say that ILya is fucking amazing than calling Alters weaker than their normal states .

What yoou saying? Luck is the most important stat in the world. Ask Lancer.

Also we do not know how FURTHER Saber Alter in F/KPI is corrupted, considering HF Berserker. Its impossible to measure how weaker/stronger she is, but the common assumption is that she is at least a bit weaker than HF Saber Alter due to clearly being more corrupted.

That does nothing to discredit Illya though, considering all the stuff and would not change the outcome of a fight. As Alter's prana is still more limited than Illya's

JoaoZangetsu said:

Nope. Kaleidosticks ARE infinite. The only limitation is the user itself.

And sure..."physical" fight - let's discount that nothing is really "physical" when fighting servants (as in only conceptual weapons hurt them) or that Rin was litterally empowered via kaleidostick to do stuff and had everything including magic protection and enhanced power.

Kaleidosticks

destonyDbaby said:
if this doesnt pull the ratings up then I wonder what will ?
she turned into fucking heroic emiya, one of my favs. what if she can turn into awesome characters like gilgamesh and have intense fights like she did in this episode ?

Let's just say that the stuff does NOT go down in intensity and all the stuff will only get crazier and crazier from now on.

Remember how fate zero started with
Aug 12, 2013 11:17 AM
Aug 12, 2013 11:28 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Ask Gilgamesh about his luck.

Gilgamesh

I'd say his luck is fine.
Aug 12, 2013 11:43 AM

Feb 2010
Fai said:

And sure..."physical" fight - let's discount that nothing is really "physical" when fighting servants (as in only conceptual weapons hurt them) or that Rin was litterally empowered via kaleidostick to do stuff and had everything including magic protection and enhanced power.

Kaleidosticks

shroud the user in their infinite mana, essentially emulating the way heroic spirit works, but instead of drawing power from grail, it draws power from infinite number of parallel realities. Its only limitations are its own personality and how well the user can use it.

And if Rin could stand up to Sakura - WHO WAS DEVOURING SERVANTS LEFT AND RIGHT - with jewel sword, it stands to reason that she could stand up to saber alter with a similar tool which, unlike jewel sword is based SPECIFICALLY to fight heroic spirits.

it's physical(obviously not when they're in spirit form), they have physical bodies by the materialization using third magic, and masters sustain their form with prana.
Their stats is not just for show, other beings aside from servants have stats too, like when on a interview that said Arcueid need to have high luck rank to not be one hited by Gae Bolg, like everyone else.
In that sense, Rin should be affected by the rank A strenght of Saber,
(Berserker has a Rank A+ Strenght, Saber with Shirou as master Rank B)
JaogetsuAug 12, 2013 11:48 AM
Aug 12, 2013 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
I just wonder how much of adaptation will there be with only 4 episodes left, surely it should conclude the first phase of the series right ? and then maybe in the future we get "2wei" and "3rei". (funny that its not called zwei and drei)

Aug 12, 2013 1:55 PM

Aug 2013
This series will really have 10 episodes? normally we have 12 in short seasons series....
Aug 12, 2013 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
I know right ? it would been better if we had 24+ episode too put all content in it. I dont want to read the manga because the anime is beautiful =/ but I ll have too if I must

Aug 12, 2013 2:40 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Ask Gilgamesh about his luck.

Gilgamesh

I'd say his luck is fine.

All of that are due to his power and ego not luck unlike the fight in UBW where every screw up happened one after the other with best part being killed by Archer who normally should have been dead.

His luck isnt any better than Lancer's.From what we have seen Luck only matters in cases like with Gae Bolg.
Rider has E Luck with Sakura....You cant explain that.
JoaoZangetsu said:
Fai said:

Kaleidosticks

shroud the user in their infinite mana, essentially emulating the way heroic spirit works, but instead of drawing power from grail, it draws power from infinite number of parallel realities. Its only limitations are its own personality and how well the user can use it.

And if Rin could stand up to Sakura - WHO WAS DEVOURING SERVANTS LEFT AND RIGHT - with jewel sword, it stands to reason that she could stand up to saber alter with a similar tool which, unlike jewel sword is based SPECIFICALLY to fight heroic spirits.

it's physical(obviously not when they're in spirit form), they have physical bodies by the materialization using third magic, and masters sustain their form with prana.
Their stats is not just for show, other beings aside from servants have stats too, like when on a interview that said Arcueid need to have high luck rank to not be one hited by Gae Bolg, like everyone else.
In that sense, Rin should be affected by the rank A strenght of Saber,
(Berserker has a Rank A+ Strenght, Saber with Shirou as master Rank B)
So you are saying that Rin shouldnt be able to match Saber because of the supposed difference in stats?
That is the point, the sticks raise their stats.
destonyDbaby said:
I just wonder how much of adaptation will there be with only 4 episodes left, surely it should conclude the first phase of the series right ? and then maybe in the future we get "2wei" and "3rei". (funny that its not called zwei and drei)
Word play.Japan loves that shit.
destonyDbaby said:
I know right ? it would been better if we had 24+ episode too put all content in it. I dont want to read the manga because the anime is beautiful =/ but I ll have too if I must
Aug 12, 2013 7:00 PM

Aug 2010
destonyDbaby said:

If you include 2wei, the ending will feel weak somehow, so I think this is the best. They can have good end for 1st season and test if the viewers will like this to continue 2nd season.
Aug 12, 2013 7:39 PM

Mar 2008
All we can do is cross our fingers and hope people really take to this. Would definitely love to see 2wei get adapted as well at some point.

I was surprised this is getting 10 episodes, but then I checked back and realized the first part of the manga really wasn't all that long. This is probably more than enough to get the job done.
Aug 12, 2013 7:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
FlareKnight said:
All we can do is cross our fingers and hope people really take to this. Would definitely love to see 2wei get adapted as well at some point.

I was surprised this is getting 10 episodes, but then I checked back and realized the first part of the manga really wasn't all that long. This is probably more than enough to get the job done.

Yup, just about enough. They are nearly doing 1.3 chapter per episodes on average. That's as slow as it can get for an anime adaptation of a manga. Then again, the first manga series is really compressed. The second series will be much slower in the manga.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 12, 2013 10:07 PM

Apr 2011
ssjokg said:
Valaskjalf said:
wow...

*looks at list*

what is that suppose to mean?
Aug 12, 2013 11:17 PM

Jun 2008
awesome episode!Iillya became archer! ftw @.@
cant wait for more action and next ep.

Aug 13, 2013 1:09 AM

Sep 2012
that is one epic episode right there....

Illya become Archer....

the Osts
the fighting scenes (even though it has a repeated frame, i don't care that much)
the animations

everything is all epic...

one of the best fighting scenes of type moon series....

and the best fighting scenes this summer IMO...

and the best episode so far....

can't wait for the next episode...

i rate not just 10 but 10000 will do...LOL

xD
Aug 13, 2013 1:17 AM

Aug 2009
Valaskjalf said:
ssjokg said:
Valaskjalf said:
wow...

*looks at list*

what is that suppose to mean?
Exactly what it means in response to your comment.
Aug 13, 2013 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
man, i was dying to see her saying 'im the bone of my sword' oh well fucking epic still
Aug 13, 2013 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
I was imagining a remake of fate series with this kind of animation on figths... will really be awesome...

I just hope she don't die again she really have bad luck on fate series ...hahaha... :D
KyrugaAug 13, 2013 6:29 AM
Aug 13, 2013 7:33 AM

Aug 2010
If only Ilya said "I am the bone of my swords" after installing Archer or "Here I come King of Knights. Do you have enough mana for Excalibur in stock?" when double Excalibur.
Aug 13, 2013 8:25 AM

Feb 2010
ssjokg said:
]So you are saying that Rin shouldnt be able to match Saber because of the supposed difference in stats?

But you don't have any evidence that Kaleidosticks gave them great strenght stats (and remenber, part of the stats of the servants are from their fame), and i never heard anything about second magic giving great strenght power to it's user (like i never hear Aoko's fifth magic giving her strenght power aside that she can acess the power of future selfs, if i remember correctly)
you can say "ah, but she can reinforce her kaleidostick", aside from Archer's Reinforcement, that is part of Unlimited Blade Works, there's no one we know about reinforcing a material to that level, independent of the prana level to do it, and reinforcement is a pretty hard magecraft to use.
Aug 13, 2013 8:47 AM

Aug 2009
JoaoZangetsu said:
ssjokg said:
]So you are saying that Rin shouldnt be able to match Saber because of the supposed difference in stats?

But you don't have any evidence that Kaleidosticks gave them great strenght stats (and remenber, part of the stats of the servants are from their fame), and i never heard anything about second magic giving great strenght power to it's user (like i never hear Aoko's fifth magic giving her strenght power aside that she can acess the power of future selfs, if i remember correctly)
you can say "ah, but she can reinforce her kaleidostick", aside from Archer's Reinforcement, that is part of Unlimited Blade Works, there's no one we know about reinforcing a material to that level, independent of the prana level to do it, and reinforcement is a pretty hard magecraft to use.

You want evidence, about the tools raising their stats and giving them skills ,that were given to them by Zelretch and Waver in order to fight Heroic Spirits?
Like this?

Also it wasnt Rin that reinforced Ruby.It was Ruby's power alone(the same power that didnt allow Sapphire to break when
) that withstood Saber attacks.
That is the power of the sticks, to give their masters enough power to fight the Heroic Spirits by using their unlimited supply of mana.The only problem is the limits of their master's imagination.It's not the Second Magic that works that way.Is how the Kaleidosticks use the Second Magic.
ssjokgAug 13, 2013 9:38 AM
Aug 13, 2013 9:32 AM

Jul 2007
Fucking seriously.

The fact that they are made by freaking Zelretch.

You know, the dude who also created:

See the pattern? in it? Hint: all of the shit he created is INFINITE.

Adding to that Kaleidosticks ARE pretty much identical to Jewel sword, except that:
1) they have personalities.
2) the way they apply the power has a different purpose.

AhenshihaelAug 13, 2013 9:35 AM
Aug 13, 2013 9:58 AM

May 2012
awesome fight..
Aug 13, 2013 11:47 AM
Nov 2009
Well it took 6 episodes, but this show Finally is living up to the Fate name. Great episode
Aug 13, 2013 1:17 PM
Aug 2013
GAR!!!!!! OMG!!!!! EPIC!!!
Aug 13, 2013 4:01 PM

Feb 2010
ssjokg said:

You want evidence, about the tools raising their stats and giving them skills ,that were given to them by Zelretch and Waver in order to fight Heroic Spirits?
Like this?

Also it wasnt Rin that reinforced Ruby.It was Ruby's power alone(the same power that didnt allow Sapphire to break when
) that withstood Saber attacks.
That is the power of the sticks, to give their masters enough power to fight the Heroic Spirits by using their unlimited supply of mana.The only problem is the limits of their master's imagination.It's not the Second Magic that works that way.Is how the Kaleidosticks use the Second Magic.

-
just because it's made to fight servants doesn't mean that will overpower any servant or servant skills (like in the fight with Caster)
In the episode 4, after being defeat by Caster
-
Luvia: Aren't Kaleid Magic Girls supposed to be invincible ?!
Ruby: And you're being too confident if you think magical girls are invincible!
Ruby: It's true that they're strong enough to blow most opponents out of the water, but you have to consider if they're suited to deal with your particular opponent.
Rin: And i suppose they're terribly suited to deal with that opponent
-
with this statement, your logic that just because they use second magic and infinite mana, and because is suited fight heroic spirits its enough evidence that Rin can overpower Saber in strenght

It's like saying that if a building is made by the best engineer in the world, it's enough evidence to say that the building was well done, this is a fallacy called appeal to authority.

BUT, the image clearly show that Ruby can create Rank A strength status, so my argument that there's no evidence is wrong.

Fai said:
Fucking seriously.

The fact that they are made by freaking Zelretch.

You know, the dude who also created:

See the pattern? in it? Hint: all of the shit he created is INFINITE.

Adding to that Kaleidosticks ARE pretty much identical to Jewel sword, except that:
1) they have personalities.
2) the way they apply the power has a different purpose.

You need to know how properly debate something without posting Caps lock or going in rage with other peoples argument, that mistake made you misread many things that i said.

and your arguments is the same case of authority, also not equivalent analogies.
Aug 13, 2013 4:25 PM

Aug 2009
Yet they were able to deal quite a bit of damage to Caster even before killing her by using a NP.
Also Rin didnt overpower Saber.She was barely able to defend and her combined attack with Luvia didnt do anything to Saber.I never said that they overpower them.If that was the case, the Install and Include functions would be unnecessary.

The Kaleidosticks can provide enough raise in stats to barely match and survive against a Heroic Spirit with A rank stats.That's one hell of a raise even if they still cant kill them.
Aug 13, 2013 6:22 PM

May 2012
I just notice their seems to be alot of fate series fans who never read the VN. I'm kinda surprised since its quite easy to find now from what i seen recently. None the less I quite enjoyed the Ep even through some of the posts here seem to have gone a little different direction but hey learning more about something you love is never a bad thing. 9/10 I will keep enjoying the show even if its not perfect like the manga.
Shirou you and me... are one of the same

Aug 14, 2013 3:08 AM

Aug 2009
sonicxsam said:
I just notice their seems to be alot of fate series fans who never read the VN. I'm kinda surprised since its quite easy to find now from what i seen recently. None the less I quite enjoyed the Ep even through some of the posts here seem to have gone a little different direction but hey learning more about something you love is never a bad thing. 9/10 I will keep enjoying the show even if its not perfect like the manga.

Every Type-Moon thread.
Aug 14, 2013 12:50 PM

Feb 2010
At least isn't "Shiki can kill mahou shoujos"
Aug 14, 2013 1:28 PM

Aug 2009
JoaoZangetsu said:

Pretty sure that he would be able to if he got a chance to cut them.Unless if his blood goes crazy with mahou lolis too whcih means hax acrobatics and power.
Aug 14, 2013 4:24 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
JoaoZangetsu said:

Pretty sure that he would be able to if he got a chance to cut them.Unless if his blood goes crazy with mahou lolis too whcih means hax acrobatics and power.

, however normal-state girls, hm...

Here's a question. does the shield of kaleidostick have same ruleset as kaleidostick itself and is kaleidostick made from same materials as jewel sword?

Considering Jewel Sword is an alien concept that is untraceable(Shirou went "WTF IS THIS SHIT" when he tried to comprehend it), Could Shiki even SEE the lines in this case?

And if Kaleidostick is
like jewel sword and if the user is practically surrounded by that, wouldn't that mean unearthly concept of death that Shiki can't comprehend?

Congrats guyse, this is now a proper type moon thread.
Aug 14, 2013 5:18 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Fai said:

Where is the Type-Moon thread Seal of Approval? ;P
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 15, 2013 12:34 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
JoaoZangetsu said:

, however normal-state girls, hm...

Here's a question. does the shield of kaleidostick have same ruleset as kaleidostick itself and is kaleidostick made from same materials as jewel sword?

Considering Jewel Sword is an alien concept that is untraceable(Shirou went "WTF IS THIS SHIT" when he tried to comprehend it), Could Shiki even SEE the lines in this case?

And if Kaleidostick is
like jewel sword and if the user is practically surrounded by that, wouldn't that mean unearthly concept of death that Shiki can't comprehend?

But Shiki can see the lines of Servants,which is what
does to the user.Turn them to a Servant,a living being, using the class cards.

Since we(or at least I) dont know how Kaleidosticks are made or if their properties apply to the user once they are powered by them.... ask Nasu.If it's only future technology/magic then only Ryougi would be able to kill it/them.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

78 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.