Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 4, 2017 9:59 AM

Dec 2016
It seems that the last frame is a new beginning.
--
Welcome to NHK is a very mature and heartwarming manga, while I was reading I felt like it's a sunny summer day.
10/10
Jun 21, 2017 11:07 AM
Jun 2017
Thats my favourite ever. Anime wasn't that good doe to the authors trying to get lower age rating. They didn't use drugs in anime so scenes with hallucinations weren't explained and were misleading as the rest of the anime.
Feb 10, 2019 4:41 PM

Aug 2010
I'm reading this way too many years after watching the anime (and its one of my favorite at that), the art was crazy good, loved the crazed faces and realistic detail in it. The thing is that you could consider them alternate versions with some similarities, being the anime more subtle with some themes (the manga delved more into drugs and sex) and the manga being more roundabout the plot progression and also some characters changed quite a bit (nanako was basically someone different). But anyways i give this a 8/10 out of pure enjoyment and plot difference but i'm still gonna keep having the anime as the ideal Welcome to the NHK (though i'm reading the LN after this).
Jun 10, 2019 4:06 PM
Jul 2018
I have mixed feelings about this manga, not just because of the ending but the whole thing have ups and downs all way through, it heavily differs from it's original source (the novel) in a way that looks like almost an alternate universe, the change in Misaki background was awful... they just made her a rich kid with a personality disorder, while in the novel/anime she really have scars from the domestic violence she suffered from her stepfather, the way this fucked up her mental health give her much more depth...feels weird reading this after i've finished the novel and the animated series, well at least i laughed a bit.. some parts were really fun due to the amazing art, but the cherry of the NHK cake for me still the novel.
Oct 1, 2019 1:48 PM

Jul 2010
This manga has been haunting me so I reread it today. Most manga can make you laughing, crying or angry. But this amazing manga makes you sad, depressed and stressed. Holy shit my head hurts because I can't get this sadness out of my head. It gives me goose bumps and it left me with a haunting feeling that crawls on the back of my head.

Some of my favorite parts: Ferris wheel scene, Nanako & Yamazaki scenes, The whole Chapter 25, and the Ceiling scene of the last chapter.

"Even though she is just my imagination, why does she always look so sad?"
Jan 1, 2021 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Wow cool the end, one of the most exciting manga I've ever read. I found some very interesting things in the manga that I wish it had been adapted in the anime, but I think the manga is heavier in some things that the anime gave a softening ( thankfully), and also one of the main changes between the manga and the anime that I found is the personality of misaki.
But speaking of the work as a whole it is AMAZING! It portrays the issue of hikikomori well and made me reflect a lot ...
Jul 2, 2021 12:10 AM
Sep 2020
I have watched the anime and read the novel and manga and I have to say the anime is the best and the manga is the worst. The anime version is my all-time favorite anime. The manga made me hate all the characters, and especially Misaki. She is a lunatic in the manga.
Sep 18, 2021 7:13 PM
Jun 2017
I feel... disappointed.
The overall ending was too rushed. How did Satou-kun managed to do such a radical change in such a short amount of time? This felt too rushed and incomplete.
It started out good, but then went down too fast, like a marathon downhill.
Not really impressed...
7.5-/10.
And that's just for the laughs.
Mar 18, 2022 12:41 PM

Mar 2020
the characters were so goddamn irritating here jesus

easily the worst version
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jan 9, 2023 6:10 PM
Apr 2020
incredible manga i give it a good 10/10
Jan 9, 2023 6:11 PM
Apr 2020
bruh no i liked everyone, its just not for everybody
Jan 29, 2023 9:36 AM

Dec 2022
I reread this and decided to give it a higher rating than before. It rushes through a lot of events that the anime spends more time developing (like the "offline-meeting"), but makes up for that by being much more unconventional, more severe. Every single character is also completely insane and likely to run out of town, have an affair, or jump out of a window on a passing whim — which is hilarious.

I prefered the anime's final episode atmospherically, but I can appreciate the manga's approach too. It was fun to read and kept me interested for its duration.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 20, 2023 4:13 AM

May 2021
A mediocre and pathetic work which cannot be taken seriously, it pales in comparison with another great works of the medium, 2/10.
Oct 14, 2023 9:09 AM
Jun 2020
This manga honestly was not very good, there were some parts that hit hard, like when the MC was gonna jump. But I thought this would be depressing, but it was just kinda lame. And the ending was very confusing, not a fan of wishy washy ending, either be tragic or be happy go lucky. Overall I do not recommend reading.
Jan 22, 2:18 AM
Jul 2020
Enjoyed it in the beginning but it became bad after like 20 chapters

No character development until the last 2 chapters, up until that point everyone would just make false promises to themselves and make excuses for why they're such shit human beings. Misaki is basically the rich girl who thinks her problems are bigger than they are, and Satou didn't have any development except going from "my life being shit is not my fault" to "it's my fault", and then doing absolutely nothing about it until the last half of chapter 40

Just delusional people hanging out with each other for 40 chapters, going in circles and never changing. But maybe that’s the point as it shows how some things can be hard to do, but if that’s the case then there’s media that portrays this struggle way better than NHK
DarkVoyagerxJan 22, 2:29 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Chapter 38 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Dec 15, 2010

2 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Jan 22, 1:51 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Chapter 31 Discussion

4 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Jan 21, 5:16 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Chapter 11 Discussion

Animatronix - Jun 1, 2009

7 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Jan 11, 3:18 PM

Poll: » manga or anime is better?

aznboy999 - Dec 20, 2014

5 by Goatee »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Chapter 37 Discussion

4 by StiffmeisterXD »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.