Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2009 10:59 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What's with all these characters just randomly showing up? Van secretly stalks Tear...and Asch secretly stalks Van. Lulz at Dist too. I'd rather not imagine what Jade did to Dist in the alley... SURPRISE BUTTSECKS!? And after all that work to activate the passage rings... the last one ends up being a trap. Now when are they going to get their brand spanking new outfits?
Jan 26, 2009 11:15 AM

Aug 2008
I kind of thought something was odd about the random characters popping in and out as well. Especially Van and Asch, that was a bit strange and stalker-ish.
Jan 26, 2009 2:45 PM

Aug 2008
Well, it's an RPG afterall.
Jan 26, 2009 3:10 PM

Nov 2007
Wasabi said:

What's with all these characters just randomly showing up? Van secretly stalks Tear...and Asch secretly stalks Van. Lulz at Dist too. I'd rather not imagine what Jade did to Dist in the alley... SURPRISE BUTTSECKS!? And after all that work to activate the passage rings... the last one ends up being a trap. Now when are they going to get their brand spanking new outfits?

I was thinking along the same lines O_O, I mean ... how can he always find them so quickly and how is Asch always on his tail is a mystery to me @_@, ha ha yeah poor Dist, new outfits O_O nice :3
Jan 26, 2009 4:29 PM

Apr 2008
Jade and Dist, FTW. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2009 8:09 PM

Jan 2008
I personally doubt that they'll change outfits, since in the game you get them sidequesting... It'd be an awesome surprise, though... Mmm... Evil Fonist...

OK, enough with the drooling here, back to normal thinking... I love the fact that they're doing a pretty good adaptation and not just doing everything exactly like the game, so we people that already played can get surprised and amused too. Like the alley part. I was like OMG NO WAI THIS IS PURE WIN!!! Totally unexpected.

God I love those two XD

What do you guys think happened in the dark depths of the snowy alley? **suspense music**
Jan 27, 2009 9:14 AM

Aug 2007
Kvakond said:
Well, it's an RPG afterall.

Sure is. XD

We also get their cliches, but in anime form.

Anyway not a bad episode. I almost thought they were progressing too quickly, but it looks like they will be able to use all the episodes in sync with the game now.

As much as I like their alternate outfits, especially Tear's I don't think they will see them wearing them. Unless they have an episode just granted for it. It looks like they will just keep their usually clothes.
Jan 27, 2009 11:39 AM

Dec 2007
Not a bad episode, though it was a bit weird that suddenly most of the characters have shown their faces in this episode. btw. lol @ Jade + Dist
Jan 28, 2009 10:14 AM

May 2008
The only thing I didn't like was the fact they they changed Jade and Dist's scene at Keterburg from how it was originally in the game. The game's version was funnier, better and longer. ._. Not to mention Dist got the element of surprise on him when Jade wakes him up by beating the crap out of him, as opposed to already being awake and just dragged off.

I guess they're doing an alright job from the game's POV anime wise.

Jan 28, 2009 12:53 PM

Jul 2008
KayChan4U said:
The only thing I didn't like was the fact they they changed Jade and Dist's scene at Keterburg from how it was originally in the game. The game's version was funnier, better and longer. ._. Not to mention Dist got the element of surprise on him when Jade wakes him up by beating the crap out of him, as opposed to already being awake and just dragged off.

You have to admit; that would be much scarier... To see Jade in your face the second you wake up.
Jan 29, 2009 10:12 PM

Oct 2007
agree with some of the above comments about the pacing and random pop-up of characters. for whatever reason it felt fine in the game, but feels abrupt in the anime.

interestingly, they left out the part where Luke finds an amulet in the snow.
Jan 30, 2009 5:02 AM

Apr 2008
im gettin bored of this show
Jan 30, 2009 5:16 AM

Oct 2008
just play the game, it's 100x better experience LOL

I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Jan 30, 2009 5:22 AM

Mar 2008
Heh? I though all anime are better at the end. Movies are good near middle or end. Now it's like the middle. I noticed the end always is good in anime.

Good episode and liked it. Is all I can say.
Jan 30, 2009 11:50 AM

Nov 2008
Asch is wounded, but he still stalked Van. What will happen now to them? Asch is a precious person to Natalia, that's why I hope nothing serious will happen to him

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 30, 2009 12:02 PM

Mar 2008
Dolce_Vitka said:
Asch is wounded, but he still stalked Van. What will happen now to them? Asch is a precious person to Natalia, that's why I hope nothing serious will happen to him

Yeah but why is Luke still hurt with seeing Natalia with Asch when he has Tears? I would **** more Tears than Natalia. Anyways Asch showed some guts at least with that wound like you mention.
Jan 30, 2009 1:20 PM

Aug 2008
darkside099 said:
Yeah but why is Luke still hurt with seeing Natalia with Asch when he has Tears? I would **** more Tears than Natalia.
But Tear is terminal, so he needs a backup plan, lol
Feb 1, 2009 8:23 AM

Feb 2008
Not boring, but not really exciting either. ;)

Kvakond said:
darkside099 said:
Yeah but why is Luke still hurt with seeing Natalia with Asch when he has Tears? I would **** more Tears than Natalia.

True. But he has to worry not only about Asch. What about Guy? He overcome his fear for woman so propably he will also pick one. :P
Feb 1, 2009 7:01 PM

Aug 2008
FTGT said:
Not boring, but not really exciting either. ;)

Kvakond said:
darkside099 said:

True. But he has to worry not only about Asch. What about Guy? He overcome his fear for woman so propably he will also pick one. :P
Damn harem-busters!
Feb 4, 2009 12:59 PM

Feb 2008
Kvakond said:
Damn harem-busters!

ROFL :]
Feb 14, 2009 12:10 PM

Oct 2008
No way.. Asch lost?!

Sep 19, 2010 5:00 PM
Aug 2010
Very good episode, thought I felt it was a bit idiotic Jade causing the avalanche...
May 9, 2011 9:04 PM

Jun 2009
Well I guess no one else saw the little Jade Chibi when he did lightning blade...

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 1, 2011 2:08 PM

Jul 2007
Crimsonwill said:
Wasabi said:

I was thinking along the same lines O_O, I mean ... how can he always find them so quickly and how is Asch always on his tail is a mystery to me @_@, ha ha yeah poor Dist, new outfits O_O nice :3

yeah there are quite a few continuity errors in this adapatation of the game. It kind of makes the world seem very small, like the characters just randomly pop up out of know where. But they can't possibly finish the series in 26 in any other way, so they get straight to the point with the immportant dialogue scenes and skip all the exploration and traveling across lands and what not.

This episode went by so incredibly fast, they went through 2 sephiroth tree's in a matter of seconds, and they just were instantly there. Which kind of really confuses the viewer of where in the hell they actually are in the world. You just kind of have picture this as an rpg experience, they have an air ship and can travel any where so there basically cutting out all the unnecessary scenes of transportation, and just cutting directly to the city or location that which they are traveling to.

I am glad they did put a little bit of screen time in the Mnt roneal section of the story since that part where they meet the 3 god generals was a pretty important part in the game and obviously that being the last sepiroth tree which turns out to be a trap set up by van. But all of this jam packed into one episode was a little to fast in my opinion. The game did much better justice in this part of the story.

IN any case, the absorption gate is next, which happens to be the largest dungeon in the game so far. So i look forward to seeing how much screen time they use for that one.

The first half of this series didn't have much pacing issues, but its way evident in the 2nd half which is sad. They should of created a 2nd season. Would of been a much greater series. Still im not complaining, its definitely better then any other tales adaptation.

Oct 10, 2012 9:07 AM

Dec 2011
That gun woman has seriously poor aim.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 26, 2016 12:21 AM

Aug 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
That gun woman has seriously poor aim.

I was really agonizing over this fact.. LOL she must have bad eyesight.
Too bad.. even without playing the original game you can see how fast they're rushing now.
Apr 30, 2020 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
It is kind of weird how major characters are randomly popping up at the scene of the party. Van, Dist, and Asch suddenly making an appearance out of thin air feel a bit awkward. It is understandable. After all, they're adapting a whole, successful JRPG game into a 26-episode Anime, so out-of-place errors like these are common.

The scene between Jade and Dist was amusingly funny. It was made more explicit in the game. Jade, instead of dragging him to an alleyway, forcefully yanked Dist into a hotel room and proceeded to unsettlingly, and disturbingly, interrogate Dist. The supposed punishment given to Dist was made privy to us, leaving us to only speculate, just like the Anime. Why I believe one of the theories presented was that Jay is homosexual.

I have to say though, the character's attires in the ending song is reminiscent of the various character uniforms from the game. It is cool that they implemented those.
Jul 31, 2020 4:18 AM

Nov 2016
Wtf so if they weren't against killing those characters off why didn't they do it sooner when they had so many other fucking chances. Same goes for ditz y tf did Jade let him live if he's just gonna back an enemy over and over again (I'm assuming he can easily escape jail lmao).
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

More topics from this board

» I'm on ep 6, and I REALLY want to drop this now...

Kirukato05 - Jun 19, 2022

7 by Sir-C »»
Feb 26, 9:34 AM

» Differences between the anime and the game?

FactualTakes12 - Apr 18, 2023

3 by FactualTakes12 »»
Apr 21, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 16, 2008

78 by AtroceWins »»
Jan 24, 2023 11:44 AM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

62 by tokidoki921 »»
Sep 28, 2021 12:07 PM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

direbliss - Apr 8, 2009

104 by AgelessPharaoh »»
Nov 12, 2020 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.