Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2013 10:54 AM

Sep 2012
According to the recent update of the official site of "GJ-bu" today, the anime is going to have a sequel made. More information will be disclosed later.

Official website: http://www.ntv.co.jp/gj/

Source: Official website

GJ-bu@ on MAL
NaruleachDec 17, 2013 9:44 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2013 10:55 AM

Aug 2010
Japan. Your sins are forgiven.

YES!
Aug 7, 2013 10:58 AM

Aug 2011
It's really not surprising that the most generic anime I've ever seen gets a sequel. Generic = SAFE.
Aug 7, 2013 10:59 AM
Mar 2013
Omg omg omg yes please yes!!!! I need MOAR Kirara!
Aug 7, 2013 11:02 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
This is not quite yet confirmed as a second season.
It just says there will be a continuation.
As far as I know, 続編 almost always means a second season but just to be absolutely safe, let me reword it as sequel.

symbvAug 7, 2013 11:09 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 7, 2013 11:03 AM

Nov 2010
So is it going to take place in college or is it going to add more characters to the HS club and focus on them?

Well, I'll watch it either way.
Aug 7, 2013 11:05 AM

Jul 2010
Oh wow, this is unexpected but very welcome! Really liked the first season since it was so soothing and funny. Looking forward to it!

Aug 7, 2013 11:07 AM

Feb 2013
kurosaki_kabuto said:
So is it going to take place in college or is it going to add more characters to the HS club and focus on them?

That's what i am also thinking since the first season ended with their graduation. This also gives chance of being it a OVA's or something rather than a second season, either way i'm in xD
Aug 7, 2013 11:08 AM

Apr 2013

wooohooo more kirara cuteness =w=
Aug 7, 2013 11:09 AM

Nov 2011
Onyxthegreat said:
Oh wow, this is unexpected but very welcome! Really liked the first season since it was so soothing and funny. Looking forward to it!

Exactly like this.

Looking forward to it.
Jun 2008
I remember the president graduated and the story is warp up nicely in the first season ...What else they gonna show this time?Tbh, the show is kinda empty for me without that president .
A sequel or a second season? time will tell ...

Sep 2012
jmal said:
symbv said:
jmal said:
This is not quite yet confirmed as a second season.
It just says there will be a continuation.
As far as I know, 続編 almost always means a second season.
I still thought you might want to hedge a bit until they say something really obvious like "TVアニメ2期!" or whatever. Just to avoid people's hopes getting up for nothing. We should have official confirmation as to what this is soon enough.
I have edited my original post soon afterward and if you check it I said "just to be absolutely safe, let me reword it as sequel". But to be honest, I never see 続編 used for one OAD.

jmal said:
(Well technically it doesn't even say if it's even anime - it doesn't state that actually, though I think it's safe to assume with it being the anime's website and all!)
This I am pretty sure it is an anime for them to use 制作 in this context.
symbvAug 7, 2013 11:15 AM

Aug 7, 2013 11:10 AM

Oct 2011
I though they graduated O_O but good news, i liked the shows XD
Aug 7, 2013 11:11 AM

Sep 2012
Spkilla said:
MorningGlory said:
I remember the president graduated and the story is warp up nicely in the first season ...What else they gonna show this time?Tbh, the show is kinda empty for me without that president .
Don't forget there is also the LN "GJ-bu Chuutoubu" for the little sisters.

Aug 7, 2013 11:11 AM

Aug 2012
Brilliant.

Definitely the best news this week yet.
.................................................................................
Aug 7, 2013 11:12 AM

Nov 2010
jmal said:
hars428 said:
kurosaki_kabuto said:

That's what i am also thinking since the first season ended with their graduation. This also gives chance of being it a OVA's or something rather than a second season, either way i'm in xD

Presumably any sequel/OVA/whatever it ends up being will cover the Chuutoubu novels, which as far as I know focus on the imouto trio.

Oh... Maybe it's just me but I'm perfectly okay with that.
Aug 7, 2013 11:14 AM
Jun 2008
symbv said:
Spkilla said:
MorningGlory said:
so... it will be like genshiken nidaime? With almost all the character changed ...
Aug 7, 2013 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
DraconisMarch said:
It's really not surprising that the most generic anime I've ever seen gets a sequel. Generic = SAFE.
So GJ-bu is the "most generic anime" of the day for you? It seems Generic is more like "things that I don't understand".

Aug 7, 2013 11:18 AM

Apr 2011
Fucking yes.
Aug 7, 2013 11:18 AM

Dec 2012
My week is made, nothing can bring me down now.
Aug 7, 2013 11:19 AM

Jun 2012
That was unexpected.
Aug 7, 2013 11:24 AM

Oct 2011
Awesome news :)
it had slower start but than it turned into something very nice.
Would be great if it turned out to be second season.
Aug 7, 2013 11:26 AM

Aug 2008
Great news, this anime was surprisingly enjoyable. I think there's still plenty of material to animate. Even though novel consists of very, very short stories there are 9 volumes so I hope they will cover more of it instead of adapting Chuutobu.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 7, 2013 11:29 AM

Aug 2011
symbv said:
DraconisMarch said:
So GJ-bu is the "most generic anime" of the day for you? It seems Generic is more like "things that I don't understand".
Your hilarious excuses for "defenses" of these shows are so bad you have to resort to ad hominem and avoid making an actual point. There's nothing to NOT understand here. "Wahhh you're calling something generic! Well, I guess I'll just baselessly accuse you of not understanding it so it looks like I actually have some kind of defense for it!"
Aug 7, 2013 11:31 AM

Sep 2012
DraconisMarch said:
Your hilarious excuses for "defenses" of these shows are so bad you have to resort to ad hominem and avoid making an actual point. There's nothing to NOT understand here. "Wahhh you're calling something generic! Well, I guess I'll just baselessly accuse you of not understanding it so it looks like I actually have some kind of defense for it!"
What is hilarious is how you think my words are "ad hominem". Even more hilarious is how you lack any point while accusing of people of avoiding making an actual point.

Aug 7, 2013 11:35 AM

Jun 2012
I love GJ-bu but I never dreamed they would make a second season.

I mean the first season averaged 3k per volume, which isn't exactly sequel territory, and it was heavily discounted on top of that. Not to mention, I never saw the LN's tearing up the sales charts. I'm guessing it wasn't a particularly expensive anime to make but I didn't think this factor would offset the other ones.

I am surprised and delighted, although mostly delighted.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 7, 2013 11:36 AM

Aug 2012
YES. YES. YES. SO MUCH WIN. YES.
Aug 7, 2013 11:38 AM

Sep 2012
It won't be the same without the President :(

But still, this is a very pleasant surprise. Best anime news I've heard in a while. Can't wait!
Aug 7, 2013 11:40 AM

Sep 2012
shigeru212 said:
I mean the first season averaged 3k per volume, which isn't exactly sequel territory, and it was heavily discounted on top of that. Not to mention, I never saw the LN's tearing up the sales charts.
GJ-bu is an interesting case. It is a bit like Kill Me Baby in that it started a bit slow but at the end it was well-loved by anime fans yet it never attained success in disc sales (KMB even sold much poorer) and the boost to the original LN/manga sales was not clear.

shigeru212 said:
I'm guessing it wasn't a particularly expensive anime to make but I didn't think this factor would offset the other ones.
Staff in GJ-bu did mention they put in much extra effort to lower the cost of the production. Guess the same insights and lessons learned in the first season will be applied in the sequel.
symbvAug 7, 2013 12:58 PM

Aug 7, 2013 11:45 AM

Mar 2012
DraconisMarch said:
symbv said:
DraconisMarch said:

This is so ironic coming from a blind Angel Beats fan. Sorry if you're baits and bites towards forums aren't saving the anime industry at all, but don't worry; do it forever and ever along side complaining will surely help the anime industry to do less generic things!!

Anyway, holy damn didn't except a 2nd season, especially the average sells indication and ending. I'm looking forward to seeing this, missed it a lot more than I thought I would.
Aug 7, 2013 11:47 AM

Jul 2012
Huzzah for more mediocrity!
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Aug 7, 2013 11:52 AM

Sep 2012
Raikenzera said:
Huzzah for more mediocrity!

Kl stry brew
Aug 7, 2013 11:59 AM

Aug 2011
Great news^^
Aug 7, 2013 12:00 PM

Jul 2013
Hopefully it'll somehow continue with the highschool characters after they graduate, possibly with anime original content (since it's not like GJ-bu has an actual plot right?). I'll be sad if it's about the sisters :(
NYANPASU~!
Aug 7, 2013 12:02 PM

Jun 2012
This is good news, I liked it more than I should have. I wonder what they will do though since some of the mains graduated.

MorningGlory said:
symbv said:
Spkilla said:
MorningGlory said:
so... it will be like genshiken nidaime? With almost all the character changed ...

It wouldn't be the same if they changed all the characters, I might not like it if this is the case. I guess we will have to wait for more info.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 7, 2013 12:03 PM

Nov 2011
I didn't really expect it to get a 2nd season with it only having 3k sales. But this is good news.

DraconisMarch said:

If you see anime series that only sold 3k BD's/DVD's as the no-risk kind of series , then you must have a very strange definition of 'safe'.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Aug 7, 2013 12:09 PM

Mar 2012
MorningGlory said:
symbv said:
Spkilla said:
MorningGlory said:

Except without skipping any actual material, but yeah. I also heard the characters will visit back from time to time. I mean sure they've graduated but it's not like they're now unable to meet their friends, let alone contact them.

Also I like the sisters, every GJ-bu is best GJ-bu.
Aug 7, 2013 12:09 PM

Oct 2012
Sounds good. I'll watch.
Aug 7, 2013 12:16 PM

Jun 2012
theHitchHiker42 said:

Except without skipping any actual material, but yeah. I also heard the characters will visit back from time to time. I mean sure they've graduated but it's not like they're now unable to meet their friends, let alone contact them.

Also I like the sisters, every GJ-bu is best GJ-bu.

Yeah the sisters were all very likeable characters.

I'm guessing the roles will be switched. Mao, Shion, and Kirara will show up occasionally, just as the sisters did in the first season. Likewise, the sisters will get more screentime.

Although, I'm wondering if they will be in high school by the time the second season starts. If that's the case, then they might join the Kyoro and Tama in the high school version of the GJ club, which would be very interesting.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 7, 2013 12:24 PM

Oct 2012
From what I read, I can say it's about 75% confirmed it would be another season instead of a few OVA.

I TOTALLY WELCOME IT. When I first saw the initial message when I stalk their official site, I was nervous, hoping for a sequel and my wish is granted!

NEED MORE SCREEN TIME FOR MEGUMI!!!!!!!

I hope Kyouya dates Megumi. It'll be awesome!
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Aug 7, 2013 12:31 PM

Aug 2012
This deserves my 8891st post.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Aug 7, 2013 12:32 PM

Nov 2008
Japan sometimes i don't know what you are thinking.
Aug 7, 2013 12:43 PM

Nov 2012
Yes! Thoroughly enjoyed the first season will definitely be looking forward to this.
Aug 7, 2013 12:45 PM

May 2013
Nice. I liked the first season. Can't wait!
Aug 7, 2013 12:49 PM

Jul 2012
I only watched about half of episode one, guess this is some encouragement to continue with the show.
Aug 7, 2013 12:51 PM
Feb 2012
It could be a special or an OVA. Whatever this sequel maybe I welcome it with open arms. =D

Not sure if this is a potential spoiler so I'm putting it just in case...
Aug 7, 2013 12:56 PM

Oct 2007
YES YES YES YES YES
BEST NEWS THIS DAY
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
THANK YOU WHOEVER WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DECISION.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Me for next few hours.
Aug 7, 2013 1:01 PM

Sep 2011
Enjoyed the first season so I'll give this a try as well^^
Aug 7, 2013 1:13 PM

Jan 2010
All of the good characters graduated.

I am not going to expect much out of this.
Ok™
Aug 7, 2013 1:16 PM

Mar 2013
yes more hair-tastic brushing XD and some more of megumi sweetS *nom*nom*nom*
under construction
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 11 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.