Forum Settings
Forums

New Anime 'Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon' to Stream Worldwide Winter 2014

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

Aug 4, 2013 6:41 AM

It was announced at a 20th Anniversary Event in Tokyo today that the new Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon series will be streamed worldwide on Nico Nico Live this winter. The Japanese female idol group, Momoiro Clovers Z, will perform both the OP and ED theme songs of the anime. No news has yet been released about possible TV broadcasting.

The anime was initially announced at Japan Expo 2012 in Paris, France and was slated for a summer 2013 release; however, in April 2013, Osano Fumio tweeted that the anime had been postponed. At that time, he stated "the release will not be in 2014".

Source: MyNavi, Natalie, AnimeAnime
Modified by Naruleach, Aug 7, 2013 9:14 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Aug 4, 2013 6:45 AM
See that, Togashi? Your wife is actually doing work. How about you try doing the same?

In other words, I'm looking forward to this either way; be it a possible TV broadcast or not.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

Aug 4, 2013 6:48 AM

YESS I thought it would never come after it was delayed ;__;. sooo happy right now!

Aug 4, 2013 6:50 AM

This is amazing news! At least we have some sort of date now.

Aug 4, 2013 6:51 AM

F yeah! Can't wait.

Aug 4, 2013 7:03 AM

So what is the correct date now? The news is contradictory.

"this winter"
"to Stream Worldwide Winter 2014"

2013 or 2014 ? ?_?

Aug 4, 2013 7:10 AM

Zhao_Yun said:
So what is the correct date now? The news is contradictory.

"this winter"
"to Stream Worldwide Winter 2014"

2013 or 2014 ? ?_?

The Winter 2014 season begins this December. So both news are correct.

And HELL YEAH, SAILOR MOON.
I waited for years and now it is finally upon us once again.
Stone Ocean adaption when?

Aug 4, 2013 7:10 AM

As I previously asked , I have never watched any Sailor Moon anime (TV & Movies included). Should I watch this ? Is it a reboot ? -_-

Aug 4, 2013 7:16 AM

This is great, I'm excited. 8D I feel really spoiled with anime lately.
眠れないのは君のせい

Aug 4, 2013 7:18 AM

Transformation sequences here I come~

Aug 4, 2013 7:22 AM

So has the director been officially announced yet?

Aug 4, 2013 7:25 AM

Hopefully Junichi Sato works on it... and since it seems to be a Brotherhood esc adaption of the manga, I hope they can include Codename Sailor V.

Aug 4, 2013 7:28 AM

I hope Kunihiko Ikuhara directs.

Aug 4, 2013 7:41 AM

Will it be subbed or what? Either way I can't stress enough how excited I am

Klonoa79H said:
Hopefully Junichi Sato works on it... and since it seems to be a Brotherhood esc adaption of the manga, I hope they can include Codename Sailor V.
Hopefully the pacing is better than Brotherhood

Mod Edit: Removed reaction image.
Modified by Luna, Aug 4, 2013 9:36 AM

Aug 4, 2013 7:49 AM

It's hardly the 20th anniversary at that time lol.

Aug 4, 2013 8:13 AM

What's up with that anniversary thing.

A Sailormoon anime is a sailormoon anime on the 20th or 21st anniversary. People should rejoice about it not complain.

Aug 4, 2013 8:14 AM

*squeeeeeaaaak* CAN'T WAAAAAAAIT!
No matter what, always loved and always will love Sailor Moon <3

Aug 4, 2013 8:16 AM

Nice. I'm look forward to the remake. The grandmother of Mahou Shoujo is back :)

Aug 4, 2013 8:18 AM

ThangLong said:
Nice. I'm look forward to the remake. The grandmother of Mahou Shoujo is back :)

If you mean Grandmother, that would be Cutie Honey, but for Aunt, yes, Sailor Moon is.

Aug 4, 2013 8:23 AM

MAGICAL_GIRLS

Wanted it in the Summer, but glad that its coming soon.

Aug 4, 2013 8:29 AM
Let Urobuchi Gen do it.

Aug 4, 2013 8:34 AM

It's good to hear that this series has a confirmed date, I loved Sailor Moon as a kid, and if this remake is more faithful to the source, I can't wait

The nostalgia when I hear this old theme lol

Aug 4, 2013 8:34 AM

UnbornMVs said:
As I previously asked , I have never watched any Sailor Moon anime (TV & Movies included). Should I watch this ? Is it a reboot ? -_-

Last I heard it was suppose to be a re-make from the start- and suppose to follow the manga much more closely.
As it stands- the original tv series wandered off and did it's own thing more than following the manga. I love both- but I am happy and excited to see the manga animated correctly (If they stick to what they were first planning).

Aug 4, 2013 9:04 AM
Psajdak said:
Let Urobuchi Gen do it.

DO WANT.

Aug 4, 2013 9:04 AM

filmftw1 said:
Psajdak said:
Let Urobuchi Gen do it.

DO NOT WANT.

Aug 4, 2013 9:06 AM

And lol me, I thought it's going to air next year too. In "December 2014", not "December 2013". Oh, how I love being mistaken such way!

Mod Edit: Removed reaction image.
Modified by Luna, Aug 4, 2013 9:38 AM

Aug 4, 2013 9:09 AM

Klonoa79H said:
ThangLong said:

If you mean Grandmother, that would be Cutie Honey, but for Aunt, yes, Sailor Moon is.

The grandmother of magical girls in anime would be Mahou Tsukai Sally a.k.a. Sally the Witch. Cutie Honey would be the hot aunt and Sailor Moon the nice and kind type of aunt.

TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
I hope Kunihiko Ikuhara directs.

Also this.

Aug 4, 2013 9:12 AM

windeen-windy said:
UnbornMVs said:

Last I heard it was suppose to be a re-make from the start- and suppose to follow the manga much more closely.
As it stands- the original tv series wandered off and did it's own thing more than following the manga. I love both- but I am happy and excited to see the manga animated correctly (If they stick to what they were first planning).

Oh I did not know this, so it's like HxH (2011)/ Jojo (2012)? Nice.
[center]

Aug 4, 2013 9:13 AM

Let's just hope it actually happens this time.

Aug 4, 2013 9:18 AM

Yesss i'm having my hopes up! ☜(*▽*)☞

Aug 4, 2013 9:18 AM

why is everyone talking about a remake?
"Finally, when commenting on the direction the new anime will take, Osano stated that it will not be a remake of the first series, suggesting that the new series will take a different direction than just adapting the manga in a straightforward manner, as was done with the previous series." (from crunchyroll)

anyway, no matter if it'll be a sequel, remake or whatever, my body is so ready!

Aug 4, 2013 9:21 AM

Brings me back. I remember watching this on TV around when I was maybe 9 or 10 and before I even really knew what anime was and thinking the art style stood out from TMNT, The Simpsons, C.O.P.S and all those other cartoons that were on at the time. Of course that was because it was from Japan, but I didn't know that at the time nor did I know that most of what I was watching was totally rescripted and re-scored material with entire episodes missing from the early portion of the first season so that they could get to 3 Senshi as fast as possible. Ah standards of dubbing in the early 90's, how things have changed.

So when this goes on TV that'll possibly be the first time a Husband and Wife duo have ever had adaptations of their own creations on TV at the same time.

Aug 4, 2013 9:29 AM

hiabara said:
"Finally, when commenting on the direction the new anime will take, Osano stated that it will not be a remake of the first series, suggesting that the new series will take a different direction than just adapting the manga in a straightforward manner, as was done with the previous series." (from crunchyroll)

anyway, no matter if it'll be a sequel, remake or whatever, my body is so ready!

That just means that its NOT the remake of the series.

Mind you the tv show is NOT the original material. If anything this indicates they might readapt manga instead.

Aug 4, 2013 9:42 AM

45Ravager said:
It's good to hear that this series has a confirmed date, I loved Sailor Moon as a kid, and if this remake is more faithful to the source, I can't wait

The nostalgia when I hear this old theme lol

Aren't you a little young to have memories of Sailor Moon? It wasn't even airing anymore where I'm from when you were still a toddler. Not trying to say you're not allowed to like Sailor Moon, the more fans the better, but I was just surprised by your profiling saying you are only 16.

Aug 4, 2013 9:48 AM

Good, now no more executive meddling, it's been happening for 2 decades too long in all regions, this series deserves better.

Aug 4, 2013 9:48 AM

I'm watching this for sure. Dat nostologia.

Aug 4, 2013 9:50 AM

TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
Aren't you a little young to have memories of Sailor Moon? It wasn't even airing anymore where I'm from when you were still a toddler. Not trying to say you're not allowed to like Sailor Moon, the more fans the better, but I was just surprised by your profiling saying you are only 16.

Hey, I'm 17, and I remember watching Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars like crazy, when I was about 3-4 years old :D

Aug 4, 2013 9:51 AM

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Brings me back. I remember watching this on TV around when I was maybe 9 or 10 and before I even really knew what anime was and thinking the art style stood out from TMNT, The Simpsons, C.O.P.S and all those other cartoons that were on at the time. Of course that was because it was from Japan, but I didn't know that at the time nor did I know that most of what I was watching was totally rescripted and re-scored material.

I remember watching one episode where Sailor Venus got drunk off of "hot sauce" and wondered if all people in Japan drunk hot sauce.
[center]

Aug 4, 2013 9:53 AM

i'm so excited for this. ♥ :-)

Fai said:
hiabara said:

Mind you the tv show is NOT the original material. If anything this indicates they might readapt manga instead.

yeah i really really hope they're doing a new adaptation of the manga.

Aug 4, 2013 9:55 AM
I hope it'll be better than the first one.

Aug 4, 2013 9:55 AM
Yes yes yes! Been waiting for it for so long! Guess it's time for me to read the manga. Only saw the TV series and movies, and I love them!!

Aug 4, 2013 10:05 AM

Fai said:
hiabara said:

but it also says "the new series will take a different direction than just adapting the manga". but i have to admit i wondered about that because what else will they do if they won't go after the manga? choose a complete new story that isn't written down anywhere? hmm.
I NEED MORE INFORMATIONS >_< i don't like speculations, arghh.

Aug 4, 2013 10:08 AM

Kitsu-nee said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:

Hey, I'm 17, and I remember watching Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars like crazy, when I was about 3-4 years old :D

Wasn't trying to poke fun or anything :) It's just I'm 25 and I was fairly young when Sailor Moon was still airing.

Aug 4, 2013 10:15 AM

TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
Kitsu-nee said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:

Wasn't trying to poke fun or anything :) It's just I'm 25 and I was fairly young when Sailor Moon was still airing.

I used to watch Sailor Moon S, SuperS, and Sailor Stars, I don't remember what age I was, but I am sure that it was re-runs of those seasons, I may be young, but I can recognize Sailor Moon when I see it lol. But I can understand where your coming from, so it's no problem.

Aug 4, 2013 10:39 AM

I loved Sailor Moon so much when I was a kid and still love it after re-watching. I'm super excited for this! :D

Aug 4, 2013 11:17 AM

hiabara said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't read the manga. But, I was under the impression that the anime series was in fact very different from the manga.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Aug 4, 2013 11:20 AM

insan3soldiern said:
hiabara said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't read the manga. But, I was under the impression that the anime series was in fact very different from the manga.

THIS

That line is CR people ASSUMING the previous work was faithful. Its n ot what the person stated, but what they deduced from that statement. Hence that whole bit means nothing.

Apart some basic plotlines SM manga is pretty much entirely different work.

Aug 4, 2013 11:26 AM

Fai said:
insan3soldiern said:
hiabara said:

THIS

That line is CR people ASSUMING the previous work was faithful. Its n ot what the person stated, but what they deduced from that statement. Hence that whole bit means nothing.

Apart some basic plotlines SM manga is pretty much entirely different work.

Oh yeah, you're right, I missed that distinction the first time I read it. That "suggesting" part of the sentence is Crunchyroll adding its own interpretation to Osana's statement. All we know that Osana said, going by just CR's article, is "it will not be a remake of the first series."

Thank goodness, because calling the first series a "straightforward" adaptation makes no sense at all.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com

Aug 4, 2013 11:29 AM

I am excited about Momoiro Clover Z's "Moonlight Densetsu." Although last summer's live performance of it wasn't good at all, that's just consistent with how MCZ performs live. Their album productions are usually great fun though. The accompanying music video will probably also be crazy.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com

Aug 4, 2013 11:42 AM
Wow Winter 2014, that's way closer than I imagined. I was prepared to not see this until like 2016.

There's a younger me that's reeling in excitement right now, good stuff.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »