Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Dec 30, 2014 5:43 PM

Dec 2014
What's going to happen when Gon gets his Nen back. Please Killua don't leave! My heart can't take this!
Feb 1, 2015 9:06 PM

Jul 2013
Omg my heart ;_ ;

Don´t leave Gon Killua :<

Mar 12, 2015 8:59 PM
Jul 2012
the powerlevel scene with netero was sooooo goku asking if cell was stronger than him

also tired of stupid shock factor cannibalism scenes where's my boys kurapika and leorio
Mar 15, 2015 2:33 PM

Aug 2013
That birth was the most unexpected thing I could have imagined o.O
That King is the King of Bastard. What an asshole, kill it with fire D:
I didn't thought someone could manage to be more cruel than all the chimera ants we saw so far, but congratulation! We even saw canibalism among chimera ants! :D

I was pretty sure Gon would lose his fight, the preview was giving it. We could see the little transformed Potclean on his shoulder.

So Koruto made a pact with the enemy. There is no coming back, not that there is something left for him and the ancient chimera ants system. The Queen age is over and now it will be chaos among the hierarchy. I wonder how thing will go from now on. Will the chimera ants try to conquer the world, expand outside of the NGL. If this happen, things will get shittier than I could ever had expected.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 21, 2015 5:08 AM

Jun 2009
I actually wasn't expecting the fight to be skipped but I was kind of glad since it would have probably been dragged on for a bit due to the nature of Knuckle's ability. THE KING IS HERE! And what a cunt he is. I said the queen was basically Cell but I was wrong, the King is Cell. He has the tail and everything.
Apr 28, 2015 6:11 PM

Jun 2014
Queen Ant orgasming out the King in a very sticky state

May 6, 2015 3:15 PM

Mar 2015
Shit just got real.

This is one of the best episodes (I've seen so far) in this chimera ant arc
Jun 25, 2015 2:07 PM

Feb 2014
Aksai said:

This is rated Peggy 18

Lol, I see what you did there...
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Aug 6, 2015 8:17 PM

Oct 2013
Lol I more or less expected the King to be like that. I actually am surprised the mother is still alive. I thought the King would have killed her instantly.

No Killua and Gon are not going to separate. They have to pull through
Aug 20, 2015 12:39 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, that bet threw me off. I anticipated Gon and Killua losing, but I expected them to screw the rules and go anyways.
Sep 18, 2015 2:40 PM

Jul 2014
I was on the verge of crying when I saw Killua shedding tears... I wish friendship like that exists in real life..
Sep 29, 2015 4:16 PM

Oct 2010
Aaaah it hurts again. That was really heart wrenching. Seems like right now they cannot overcome their basic weaknesses. Yes, yes, that's ok. Grow and develop. Grow and develop. Shed your tears now and turn it into your power. The ED song fits so perfectly.

I loved the whole flow of the episode.
Now Killua and Gon are the best bros I've ever seen in a fictional story, I think.

(Btw, I liked that penguin! But now he's dead, sigh.)
Dec 1, 2015 9:44 PM

Apr 2015
Damn that is one badass King o.o
Good luck to whoever they pit against him lol.

Aww that ending, poor Killua <3
Jan 17, 2016 7:04 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum that king is a cold bastard.

I never expected gon and killua to lose, pretty shocking for me.
Light-Yagami-GodJan 17, 2016 7:09 AM
Jan 18, 2016 11:03 PM

Nov 2012
Feels like we strait up waisted a number of episodes for the most part with all that training and fights Gon and Killua did just for them to lose in the end? They seem to be so weak compared to the three guards and especially nowhere near the kings level. I just wonder how they'll manage to stay relevant in this arc that doesn't include some major asspulls.

I guess the author will somehow get them back into the fray before the arc ends. I felt like the training stuff was breaking off from what I was enjoying about the CA ark thus far anyway, so now its back to the gud shit.

That king is Brutal. Wonder if Netero is able to stop him? He was having doubts he could beat Pittou, and the King is probably a way stronger than she is.. hmm
Feb 29, 2016 1:21 PM
Dec 2010
Meh, I continue to not really like this arc. Ohh, the King is sooo badass. No, he is a ridiculous, brutal POS that is OP just for the sake of being OP, and he is a cheap copy, ahem, 'homage' to Cell and Frieza.

And then there is the fact that we spent the last couple of episodes buidling up Gon's and Killuas fights, including the previous episode being 90% math talk, and then the fights don't even get properly shown? F'n waste.
Feb 29, 2016 1:39 PM

Nov 2014
Cheap copy..
rather, improved, perfected version of those two rubbish antagonists. dbz fanboys may cry..
Apr 27, 2016 4:14 PM

Jan 2016
Fuck the Kingsguard, Fuck the City, Fuck the King.

May 3, 2016 3:59 PM

Oct 2015
Eon21 said:
A month without nen for Gon while the ants run loose. I was surprised they lost.

That's Togashi for you. Not gonna do the most shounen thing that was there to be done.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
May 3, 2016 4:06 PM

Oct 2015
Gsimp said:
Meh, I continue to not really like this arc. Ohh, the King is sooo badass. No, he is a ridiculous, brutal POS that is OP just for the sake of being OP, and he is a cheap copy, ahem, 'homage' to Cell and Frieza.

Togashi himself admitted to have derived the inspiration from DB. Nothing wrong in creating a well furnished, better in everyway version of freiza.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
May 24, 2016 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
Gon sucks. "Waaah waah I'm only as strong as a super saiyan but not a super saiyan 2! Waaah waah!" Get over it you big baby. I hope he dies. Killua too. Annoying little shits.
May 25, 2016 6:30 PM
Dec 2014
Knuckle looks like a character from The Jojo's universe.
Jun 11, 2016 11:11 PM

Jun 2016
Had to come here just to double-check that the conclusions of the fights had really been skipped. I kept wondering if I'd somehow missed an episode. Skipping it after all that build up strikes me as a little odd.. oh well, moving on. The three seconds worth of flashback will have to suffice. Also, I wonder how they managed to escape the wrath of Palm-san..
Jun 12, 2016 1:11 PM
May 2012
Mr_Shnb said:
Fuck the Kingsguard, Fuck the City, Fuck the King.

Yeah. No mercy, bitch. Except this king isn't a pussy like Joffrey.
Sep 13, 2016 10:30 AM

Aug 2010
It's good news that the Queen can't give birth to any more Kings, but that King sure was ruthless. He looks really powerful, I am doubtful whether by the end of this arc he'd be dead before procreating :/

Surprised Colt thought of that idea. If I were one of the Hunters, I wouldn't know which choice to make. Remembering what Netero said about looking for another solution besides fighting, I think he'd take up colt's offer :/ I hope somehow in the conversation, Kaito would be brought up and hopefully he'd be saved? u___u

So Gon and Killua lost. Felt kinda sad for them but it's more realistic that way, their strengths are just not at that level yet. Also, these 2 need to learn the taste of defeat at times (especially Gon) so they will mature and train harder and not get cocky of their strength. I suppose then we will see the fight against the king and his Royal guards without Gon and Killua?

If Killua really goes through with leaving Gon I'd be sad because then there'll be no one mature beside Gon to kick some sense into him when he needs it.
Oct 18, 2016 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
LMAO at King's first word being Silence before he's even born.

I had to laugh at the King stand over the Queen with her legs spread out and she's covered in liquid.

So my Cell guess was correct.

Gon and Killua lost. Well, time for Gon to find Ging before the Chimera Ants take over the world.

Ponzu.
RobOct 18, 2016 9:20 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 18, 2016 9:21 PM

Sep 2015
RIP :
-Chimera Ant Queen (Not exactly confirmed dead yet judging by the ED).
-Tortoise Chimera Ant
-Penguin Chimera Ant
-Human Mom
-Human Dad
-Human Boy

Gon, you were bound to be helpless one day but it only means you know you need more training and have room for improvement. I'm gonna predict that one guy from Greed Island with the power to remove Nen is gonna stop Knuckles' power that is keeping Gon from using Nen for 30 days.
Dec 5, 2016 1:04 PM
Nov 2014
I'm loving the King's character, the guy is a complete savage. I also liked how Colt resort to asking help from Netero's group to save the Queen, the guy has balls of steel for sure.
May 4, 2017 3:59 PM

Mar 2016
fucking fucked me the fucking fuck up when gon started crying nd then killua did too lmao smother me with a pillow
Jun 9, 2017 6:47 PM

Dec 2015
The situation now is pretty dire.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 17, 2017 10:06 PM
Mar 2016
i was sad when gon started crying but when killua said he was gonna leave i burst into tears this is so sad oh my god please dont go i love both of them so much
Oct 20, 2017 5:50 PM
Mar 2017
damn.. gon and killua
Oct 22, 2017 5:46 AM

Oct 2015
The King is unbearable so far. Crossing his arms in unfitting situations and acting high and mighty right off his mom's vagina.
Dec 4, 2017 9:14 AM

May 2013
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, KIL TT__________TT DUN LEAVE GONNNNNNNNNNNNNN </33333333333

or at least make it a temporary goodbye until you overcome your Illumi curse ;A; plsssssss TTATT
Dec 24, 2017 4:49 PM

Aug 2017
Ah hell yeah! Finally, Friza is born....Uh the king (Meruem)!!! Ah Hail the king!

Seeing this for the first time terrified me. Meruem possesses a terrifying aura and presence. This guy ain't no joke. He will rip your head off the second he steps into the world.

Jan 20, 2018 4:39 AM

Mar 2016
The king looks similar to Cell from Dragonball and holy shit is he's ruthless af. He killed Peggy one of the smartest and kindest chimeras just like that. Even Pitou who tried to satisfy him got slapped.

Gon and Killua need to find some way to train and get a power WAAAAY stronger than they have right now if they ever want to not feel weak again...
Aug 14, 2018 6:53 PM

Dec 2014
: the new king is a dick .hmmm Gon and killua both lost I was not expecting that..I hope they show palm reaction to all of this
Oct 16, 2018 7:40 AM

Jun 2013
Killua being dedicated on protecting Gon and staying by his side just melts my heart. It's sad that they have to go separate ways.
Dec 29, 2018 9:23 PM

May 2012
That King is quite the brutal thing, boy oh boy that sure is going to be quite something to face him! The whole tail thing reminds of Cell from DBZ.

Also quite sad to see Gon like that, I do wonder what he'll do in the coming 30 days without Nen.
Jul 30, 2019 5:56 PM

Nov 2018
Oh my gosh, I almost cried for Colt...seeing how distraught he was over his Queen's injuries. I never thought I would be so emotional over any of these Ants. Wow...I hope Colt ends up surviving all this.
He just wants his Queen to live and his species to survive. But he draws the line when it comes to Ants that kill other Ants or kill humans for fun. He has morals.

And wow, I'm surprised that Gon and Killua didn't win. I thought they pull it off 'cause that kinda thing happens in shonen anime. I'm glad the cliche was subverted. It's realistic. There are times where you work your ass off and try your hardest and STILL lose. And Gon is really feeling that. Feeling that all his hard work and training went nowhere. That hit me hard.
Live-action Japanese media that I've seen: https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/AmandaBear
Non-Japanese movies & TV shows that I've seen: https://www.imdb.com/user/ur29585794
Sep 13, 2019 6:51 PM
Apr 2018
The one time an anime is realistic and it's used to make a fucking annoying Jojo character win. Fuck my life... this seriously pissed me off.

Wow, the king is a savage. No mercy, no weird speeches... he even tried to kill Pitou lol. His birth was gross af
Sep 27, 2019 2:27 PM

Aug 2016
The king is an infuriating *sshole done right. The division between the chimeras are also done totally right . I just hope the new guys get defeated fast (killed if possible) so Gon and Killua get back into action.
:v
Oct 20, 2019 4:33 PM

May 2016
Colt surrendering to Knov and Morel in an attempt to get them to help save the Quuen and stop the new tyrant that's taken over from completely shattering the hierarchy, causing all the remaining Captains to act as kings themselves was very surprising and noble of him to do. His unbending loyalty to both the Queen and the rules is why he's my favorite Chimera Ant so far even if they're all monsters.

Gon and Killua tasted the frustration of defeat and I don't know how they'll be moving forward from there. Killua will be leaving after he'd done his job too...

Nov 16, 2019 9:14 PM

Sep 2017
Ehhh the King is just some boring arrogant villain. Not too surprising the OG human ant went to get help giving the circumstances. But hey, Gon and Killua lost and we didn't even get to see it? Very unexpected.
Dec 19, 2019 2:21 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Ooh, I wasn't expecting the king to be such a violent cold-hearted strict dictator. Something in his design from the opening gave me some light-hearted vibes on him.
Jan 30, 2020 10:18 PM
Jan 2017
I know there's a lot that happened in this episode the king is born and Gon and Killua lost there fights. Causing Killua to leave Gon which is awful and all but the thing I keep asking myself for awhile why is anyone still in this country? It must have been months now, countless villages been hit were at best many humans have been taking with some left for not being 'prime meals' or whatever the word they used and then there's villages that have bodies pilled up. You're telling me no travels from village to village for trade and what not flipping no one? Don't buy it.

The only clue for this we have it when Gon and the rest first arrived and were told if some go missing they just accept it. No. Hundred of villages been hit, no one with a family going to just accept that a bunch of giant bugs looking monster showing up rounding them up to be taking away somewhere they don't know or killing and eating them. That just doesn't go with human nature.

Take the Mother who lost her two Children who were the first humans to be eating by them. If they weren't the first to get taking and word got out of the Chimera ants much later, you telling me she wouldn't tried to leave the country if the Government and community didn't feel that demanded an evacuation giving all the gangs with guns failing. This country must be one giant cult.

The only way this work with me is that they nearly wiped out, with the one's in the check point into the country being near enough the only ones left. Which is the most plausible as the chimera ants are wearing modern clothing in this non tech country. I would call this good visual story telling help by the fact the world Governments from the outside world seemed to very quickly learned of the Chimera ants but its kind of held back by the scenes of scale. The King just leaves the nest by way of wrapping his tail round the leg of his flying royal guard and they already find a random village that's in the same landscape, as such seemingly in the same country. They was not sign of Nen used, just normal flying speed. Again I don't get this bloody country.
Mar 28, 2020 9:24 AM

Feb 2014
RIP everyone, Meruem has no compassion even for his own kind.
May 10, 2020 2:08 PM

Jul 2019
I can safely call this one of my favorite episodes of the series so far. This is probably where the show breaks off from common shounen tropes as both Killua and Gon utterly face the pain of losing despite how far they've come. I can see people calling the ending of this EP anti-climatic but the unexpectedness of this situation more than makes up for it. It's not only emotionally potent but also devastating, can't wait to see how things continue on from here as this arc gets darker and darker.

Also Mereum is a fkn badass, dude is like if Piccolo and Cell got together and had a child

5/5.
Jun 14, 2020 6:20 PM

Mar 2018
Dam this episode hurts :_(
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Aug 10, 2020 2:58 AM

Dec 2007
the kind is so badass, not only kills the queen in his birth but treats everyone as food.
and though i feel sorry for gon, i'm pretty sure this is not going to be the end for him in the arc, and as for kilua, i hope gon will be able to prevent him go from him.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

62 by omorashi »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.