Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2013 10:40 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This looks actually promising, nice art, I like both the female and male lead and the premise doesn't sound bad either. I sure hope it won't get axed.
Aug 3, 2013 11:21 AM

Jan 2011
I like the girl's design, but the guy's seems a bit... generic? I've definitely seen that kind of look and personality in lots of other manga before this. There's also nothing that immediately stands out as fresh, but we'll get a better idea when more chapters and arcs come out.

The facial expressions can get pretty good but I felt they went off model a couple times.

Right now I feel like it could start off as a quirky slice-of-life in a city hall, but it could just as easily go full battle-shonen a la Negima.
Aug 3, 2013 2:00 PM
Sep 2012
Zhou said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This looks actually promising, nice art, I like both the female and male lead and the premise doesn't sound bad either. I sure hope it won't get axed.

with naruto and bleach running up to their end, i hope they are looking to get more battle manga to fill up those spaces.
Aug 3, 2013 11:49 PM

Feb 2013
It has a great story line so far :3
Aug 4, 2013 7:42 AM

May 2012
The first chapter seems pretty convincing.
Aug 4, 2013 10:30 AM

Sep 2011
So far so good, looking forward to see where this goes.
Aug 4, 2013 11:32 AM

Nov 2011
Yokai huh?

The first chapter seems okay for me. Artwork seems decent at least. I like this guy's skills with the stick:

Not bad, I'll continue to follow this. Oh and the MC got some cool eyes, just saying.
Aug 4, 2013 5:08 PM

Jul 2013
Luxorcist said:
I like the girl's design, but the guy's seems a bit... generic? I've definitely seen that kind of look and personality in lots of other manga before this. There's also nothing that immediately stands out as fresh, but we'll get a better idea when more chapters and arcs come out.

The facial expressions can get pretty good but I felt they went off model a couple times.

Right now I feel like it could start off as a quirky slice-of-life in a city hall, but it could just as easily go full battle-shonen a la Negima.

Instead of Negima, I was thinking something more of like Katekyo Hitman Reborn, where it starts out as more of a slice-of-life comedy, then it gets serious once it starts an arc.

I like how this manga is set in a city hall though, when I saw the cover pic, I was expecting a high school setting, so this gives me a breath of fresh air. Also, I really want to learn a lot more about the Yokai, so I plan on sticking with this manga, because it looks like it'll get interesting real quick.
Aug 8, 2013 2:27 PM

Jul 2011
Pretty generic, dozens of similar mangas already, although the story is promising. But Mutou Black, Takamagahara and Sensei no Bulge were way better.
Aug 21, 2013 7:31 PM
Feb 2010
AlexiLaiho09 said:
Pretty generic, dozens of similar mangas already, although the story is promising. But Mutou Black, Takamagahara and Sensei no Bulge were way better.
I haven't read the first chapter of Takamagahara, but Mutou Black was wayyy too bad, I had to force myself to read the first chapter. Sensei no Bulge (... They could have take a better name..) also bored me to death, I didn't finished the first chapter.

This one was a little bit better than those two, there's lot of room for improvements compared to other manga in JUMP.
Aug 22, 2013 5:26 AM

Jul 2011
Cetais said:
AlexiLaiho09 said:
I haven't read the first chapter of Takamagahara, but Mutou Black was wayyy too bad, I had to force myself to read the first chapter. Sensei no Bulge (... They could have take a better name..) also bored me to death, I didn't finished the first chapter.

This one was a little bit better than those two, there's lot of room for improvements compared to other manga in JUMP.

Well, everyone have their opinion, but tbh saying that Mutou Black was bad is like saying that Rurouni Kenshin is bad too, they practically follow the same path. The same could be said about Sensei no Bulge/One Piece or Takamagahara/Bleach, they were their sucessors. Meanwhile, Kurokuroku follows the path of a Monogatari-like story, what doesn't have to be bad per se, but there are dozens of those already and practically all the stories of those are the same and doesn't have any other direction to grow, not as much as a fantasy or superpower story like Bulge or Takamagahara.

Anyway, a new battle manga in jump is ensured cancellation. The fact that World Trigger still hang there is a mystery.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurokuroku Chapter 11 Discussion

Jovy - Oct 12, 2013

0 by Jovy »»
Oct 12, 2013 9:42 AM

Poll: » Kurokuroku Chapter 10 Discussion

Jovy - Oct 6, 2013

0 by Jovy »»
Oct 6, 2013 3:11 PM

Poll: » Kurokuroku Chapter 9 Discussion

Jovy - Sep 27, 2013

0 by Jovy »»
Sep 27, 2013 6:26 PM

Poll: » Kurokuroku Chapter 8 Discussion

Jovy - Sep 19, 2013

0 by Jovy »»
Sep 19, 2013 10:58 PM

Poll: » Kurokuroku Chapter 7 Discussion

Jovy - Sep 15, 2013

0 by Jovy »»
Sep 15, 2013 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.