Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Apr 28, 2019 11:57 AM
Apr 2016
Really good episode! Seems like the Black Hanekawa arc is permanently over (?) Though, the number of popup messages this episode...god, reading all of them was a real bother.
May 17, 2019 6:37 AM

Dec 2018
In short, Hanekawa splitted her bad attitude so she can stay pure white. Really remind me of FMA.

Araragi ex machina to the rescue !

Hanekawa's oddity is finally over. She said by accepting that oddity into herself she could become stupid. If you could be angry, then yes. But stupid? lol

Nah, Araragi just too scared to broke up with Hitagi.

The new hair style of Tsubasa remind of Haise.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 18, 2019 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
Monogatari Series, the only Harem series where it's still a 10/10 even wheen the MC is not present.

Also, they changed the OP lyrics
Jun 12, 2019 9:22 AM
Feb 2014
My fingers are completely numb from hitting the pause button and rewind button so god damn much. I'm sorry But I can't keep watching this anime it's too draining on me with all the text's that only show up for 4 frams that I in no way in hell can read that fast. It's not a bad anime I just can't watch it anymore. I physical or mentally can't handle it.
Jun 24, 2019 8:52 PM

Sep 2017
Hanekawa has such neat handwriting... She also knows how to write a damn good letter. Impressive stuff. The animation this episode was stellar. I enjoyed the sequence visualizing the different parts of Hanekawa's letter. It makes the existence of the History Tiger understandable and clear and paints an even broader picture as to what troubles Hanekawa was going through with her mother and father. That's some plan though. Taking in the bad parts to willingly become imperfect is something I can't even imagine the strongest of us doing. Araragi would never be disappointed in you, Hanekawa. He loves you too much. I wonder what Black Hanekawa wrote on the note in response. What the fuck, they are even making the History Tiger relatable? Shaft needs to calm down. Seriously, how is Black Hanekawa able to jump that far? Are they rebuilding the mansion next to Senjougahara's house? Not cool, History Tiger, making that "natural parents" comment. Oh my God, Shaft flashing messages that literally lasted two to three frames was so annoying to go through. I got confused halfway through the conversation, unable to tell if it was Hanekawa or Black Hanekawa talking. RIP the mansion repairs. How much energy does this beast even have, if it's able to completely shrug off Black Hanekawa's Energy Drain? Is it on par with Kiss-shot in her prime or something? If Black Hanekawa was as powerful as a vampire, and this thing can annihilate Black Hanekawa, that's a pretty terrifying thought. Araragi showed up, finally! I have two questions. Firstly, what the fuck happened to him, his entire outfit is destroyed. Secondly, I thought only Hanekawa could see the History Tiger. Must have been wrong there. That was a top ten badass anime entries moment, for sure. Aww... He gave her head pats. She took that rejection like a champ. I kind of like her with the black and silver hair, not gonna lie. I think she should keep the look. She got her own room! I'm so happy for Hanekawa.
Jun 26, 2019 6:55 AM

Jul 2014
Finally got around watching the monogatari series, bakemonogatari was a huge letdown, didn't really feel anything from it. I then watched the 3 part movies of Kizumonogatari, 1st one sucked, 2nd was actually nice while the 3rd was avg, later going into Nisemonogatari and it was surprisingly good outside of some stuffs where Arararararagi just keeps on getting his ass whipped when he can prevent that from having Shinobu suck the living hell out of him more but for some reason he refuses to do so, I know he doesn't want to become a vamp and whatnot but the case he was handling called for drastic measures, dude shoulda let Shinobu suck more.

Anyways currently Bake<<<<<Kizu<Nise<Mono 2nd.
Loving the 2nd season so far, and out of fcking nowhere Ararararararagi just stabs the freaking tiger and was handling him like a fcking kitty, WTF happened there? he let Shinobu suck the hell out of him hence 9/10 of his powers came back? anyways as for the girls I really love Shinobu the best, her interactions with Araragi are the best, followed by Hanekawa.
Not really feeling the other girls yet, Nadeko is just a sly lil girl who has the hots for her friend's older bro, while the fire sisters are... well.. brocons or as they say they have boyfriends and after being asked what they're like they say "They're like big bro" which literally screams they have the hots for their bro as well... and the lesbo who has the hots for Gahara and then the ghost girl who always gets the pervy old man treatment courtesy of Ararararagi.

Anyways decided to comment on this as this ep really had me on edge most of the time.
Hanekawa got rejected tho... she still a better waifu outside Shinobu tho so eeeh.
Jul 4, 2019 10:18 AM
May 2019
I just want Hanekawa to be happy.

After two Tsubasa arcs with no real resolution, this one felt like a great tension release. Really enjoyable.

About the text being too fast: The director must know that it's pretty much impossible to read without pausing, be it in Japanese or English, so I just don't pause at all. If I read, cool, if not, also cool.
Dec 26, 2019 10:49 PM

Oct 2018
It's one of the best episodes of the series, I think. I just love how metaphorically deep Tsubasa's feelings were represented here. Gods, it has touched my heart.

Also I was grinning so wide when Araragi finally arrived. Didn't expect anything like that at all!!
Feb 3, 2020 3:33 PM
May 2018
oh man what a great episode, so satisfying, everything in this episode was satisfying. the animation sequence in the beggining was absolutely amazing, i forgot i was watching a SHAFT anime for a while there. i liked the dialogue between tiger and hanekawa, i always seem to self-reflect on the ideas of this anime. then araragi made a comeback, i wasn't expecting that. she also got rejected, but in a positive way, but the best part was the end, where she got her own room. i almost started crying. good episode.
Feb 14, 2020 11:16 AM

Feb 2019
Araragi u damn badass.

Also crying Hanekawa :(

However, she finally accepts her feelings and shows real emotions, that's a great character development!

Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 2, 2020 7:20 PM
Dec 2018
Anime and Manga always pull this nonsense. I always preferred Hanekawa, even during the first season, but after learning more about her struggles and her background and how she tried her hardest to cope, why would Aragi reject her for someone who seems to be a borderline sadist? And if he loves his girlfriend so much stay away from the other girl. His relationship was the cause of some of her stress in any case.

Hitagi is a great anime character but, in real life, Hanekawa beats her in virtually every way. The way she tried to struggle on and keep a brave face was admirable but there was no way that she would be able to keep that up.

Why would Aragi choose a manipulative and rather harsh Hitagi over Tsubasa? Only in anime, in real life Hitagi would destroy your brain. I doubt all her fans would be able to deal with someone like her in real life. Tsubasa is far more grounded and reasonable. Hitagi would be fun for a week or two and then you would be tearing your hair out at all her mixed messages, mind games and strange behaviour. Even her behaviour with Tsubasa, when she came to stay, was odd, for someone who came across as so very innocent while stargazing with her boyfriend. She was playing mind games the entire time.

Not sure how him mysteriously coming and saving her at the end makes things better, either, she should have been able to do it for herself. He's the worst person that could have come to save for, seeing as he was going to reject her for someone that it is quite difficult to see what he even likes about them.
Apr 9, 2020 5:56 PM
Jun 2015
I am loving the Monogatari Series, but in my opinion, so far this is the best arc (following the recommended sequence).

Officially I can say Hanekawa is the best girl. Not that I don't like Senjougahara or the other girls.

And that entrance, Araragi-kun <3 I am in love...
May 5, 2020 1:31 AM

Jan 2019
What a baller ass episode. And as a straight guy I can confirm that I nutted around 10 times when araragi popped in.
May 14, 2020 7:07 PM

Nov 2017
Guess who's back? Back again! Arararagi (失礼、噛みました) is back! Tell a friend!~

Y'know, Hanekawa's problem is that she's so self-conscious about being perfect. She doesn't want to trouble her step parents, she doesn't want to trouble her friends with her problems, and she doesn't want to trouble Araragi with the fact she's in love with him.

Stress. Envy. Hatred. She doesn't express any of them, but those feelings make you human too, y'know? But again, she doesn't want to be a bother to others.

Anyway, what a really satisfying end to an arc! I've gained a new appreciation for the confrontation between Black Hanekawa and the Tiger
May 20, 2020 3:58 PM

Jan 2014
Gab5 said:
Anime and Manga always pull this nonsense. I always preferred Hanekawa, even during the first season, but after learning more about her struggles and her background and how she tried her hardest to cope, why would Aragi reject her for someone who seems to be a borderline sadist? And if he loves his girlfriend so much stay away from the other girl. His relationship was the cause of some of her stress in any case.

Hitagi is a great anime character but, in real life, Hanekawa beats her in virtually every way. The way she tried to struggle on and keep a brave face was admirable but there was no way that she would be able to keep that up.

Why would Aragi choose a manipulative and rather harsh Hitagi over Tsubasa? Only in anime, in real life Hitagi would destroy your brain. I doubt all her fans would be able to deal with someone like her in real life. Tsubasa is far more grounded and reasonable. Hitagi would be fun for a week or two and then you would be tearing your hair out at all her mixed messages, mind games and strange behaviour. Even her behaviour with Tsubasa, when she came to stay, was odd, for someone who came across as so very innocent while stargazing with her boyfriend. She was playing mind games the entire time.

Not sure how him mysteriously coming and saving her at the end makes things better, either, she should have been able to do it for herself. He's the worst person that could have come to save for, seeing as he was going to reject her for someone that it is quite difficult to see what he even likes about them.

You bring up fair points about Senjougahara and how cruel Hanekawa's closure was, but that just shows you how complicated love can be. In my perspective, Araragi and Senjougahara have a very candid relationship and are expressive of their desires. They're transparent with each other-- something that Hanekawa fails at. This is probably why it's advised to not bottle-up one's emotions, otherwise the other person ends up receiving a burden that they cannot reciprocate or process because too much time has passed. In the Kizumonogatari and Nekomonogatari series we can see that Araragi did have strong feelings for Hanekawa, but he did not express them either... with the exception of his lustful desires...

In the end, timing is so crucial to the development of a relationship, and Senjougahara took her chances. Respectively, Araragi felt like he could reciprocate and take on the responsibilities of a relationship, which I think he is doing a pretty good job of. We can clearly see that he is devoted to Senjougahara and he doesn't fail to express his emotions with her.

Seeing Hanekawa finally expressing her negative emotions is saddening but also relieving. I'm really glad she can now truly accept her situation and live her life looking forward. This arc resonates with many struggling with love, and I really appreciate how the series conveyed her internal conflicts.

May 20, 2020 10:22 PM
Dec 2018
Duhuhu said:
Gab5 said:

You bring up fair points about Senjougahara and how cruel Hanekawa's closure was, but that just shows you how complicated love can be. In my perspective, Araragi and Senjougahara have a very candid relationship and are expressive of their desires. They're transparent with each other-- something that Hanekawa fails at. This is probably why it's advised to not bottle-up one's emotions, otherwise the other person ends up receiving a burden that they cannot reciprocate or process because too much time has passed. In the Kizumonogatari and Nekomonogatari series we can see that Araragi did have strong feelings for Hanekawa, but he did not express them either... with the exception of his lustful desires...

In the end, timing is so crucial to the development of a relationship, and Senjougahara took her chances. Respectively, Araragi felt like he could reciprocate and take on the responsibilities of a relationship, which I think he is doing a pretty good job of. We can clearly see that he is devoted to Senjougahara and he doesn't fail to express his emotions with her.

Seeing Hanekawa finally expressing her negative emotions is saddening but also relieving. I'm really glad she can now truly accept her situation and live her life looking forward. This arc resonates with many struggling with love, and I really appreciate how the series conveyed her internal conflicts.

Totally agree with you and at first I thought their candid relationship was great. I saw a few episodes of the next season and I'm not so sure now. As you say, I think most people have been on one side or the other, or both, of the Hanekawa situation. Sometimes we regret it other times we are glad things didn't get anywhere. Her tragic life explains a lot of her awkwardness and it's a shame that these things mean people miss opportunities in their life. But, as you say, its good to see her coming out the other side. Some people never do.
Jun 22, 2020 7:54 AM

Aug 2017
Araragi that was one hell of an entrance. Really satisfied with this arc, again we learned more about Hanekawa and it made me like the character more than before this season. And Black Hanekawa is cute.
Jun 27, 2020 10:56 AM

Jun 2013
This has to have been my favorite arc yet! Man, Hanekawa, making me tear up like that at the end. And Araragi is a beast!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Aug 1, 2020 5:01 PM

May 2018
Best ep of Monogatari Series so far, I nearly cried when Hanekawa shed a tear for the first time in series. I'm so happy she could finally reach catharsis and become a better person
Aug 23, 2020 10:53 PM
Mar 2018
woo damn. its been a while since araragi came on and hes finally here. so hanekawa finally gained feelings and learned to ask for help. cool
Sep 10, 2020 10:05 AM

Apr 2019
Damn so that's how Kako was created, honestly didn't see him being created by Hanekawa coming. But that does make him a lot cooler cause of it.

YOOOOOOO KOYOMI! As soon as I heard his voice, I just wore the biggest grin until the end of the episode.

My mans is even glowing cause of how cool he is.

Man that was a fantastic finale to Tsubasa Tiger. This whole arc was just absolutely phenomenal, and it probably is my favorite arc in the series so far.

Although, I'm am gonna miss Black Hanekawa now, but on the plus side, Hanekawa got a boat load of character development and some cool hair out of this arc so I'm all for it.
I think it's safe to say for now that Hanekawa is the best girl so far. This opinion might definitely change in the future lol.

God I love this series.
arcticmontysSep 10, 2020 10:21 AM
Sep 13, 2020 11:25 PM

Jun 2020
Damn shit just got real ARARAGI IS BACK AND WITH A BADASS CLOTH^^

The action scene was good but I feel bad for Hanekawa she finally confess her feelings to Araragi but she was utterly rejected well looks like Hanekawa and I are the same now:/

I was finally able to see Araragi they did some good development on him.

I really enjoyed watching this episode they started it first with Hanekawa and that was amazing looking forward on Mayoi it's probably gonna be interesting my rating on this episode will be 5/5 it was amazing.
Nov 26, 2020 12:18 AM
Jun 2019
This Episode was the last from Tsubasa Tiger and i love it. This arc was so good, we have seen a development for Hanekawa and we've also seen an old character Episode and i was surpeised when he said he was 6 years old and we've also seen a new character Gaen and she may be Kanbaru's Mother. I'm so excited to see the other episodes
Dec 17, 2020 3:42 PM

May 2014
WOW, such a great action-filled episode. Shaft can really deliver, and they were able to end the arc with such an amazing ending. Firstly, it was so heartwarming and nice to see that Black Hanekawa accepted normal Hanekawa's request and had a reciprocal feeling towards normal Hanekawa. Both of them accepted each other, and she saw normal Hanekawa as her family and big sister. Now that's just adorable. Also, her saying Meowww was so adorable I had to take a screenshot. :P
. Cute and sexy seeing her stretch herself. Showing more of that nice ass

Next, what a great action-filled scene between History Tiger and Black Hanekawa. Looks like History Tiger was pure negative emotion and had no regard for its origin or remorse towards its creation, which I found a bit peculiar. Nevertheless, it's understandable. It's an aberration and it has its own thoughts and will, I guess.

They really ra**d our minds with the pace when normal Hanekawa (cat version) tried to convince History tiger. I have managed to stop the episode, but that's my limit. Even slowing the speed at VLC made it impossible. I had to resort to Media Player Classic (MPC). Never seen the dialogue box goes so fast, but what a great metaphorical way to show the thoughts in her minds and how it's overflowing in her mind (which is exactly what it's). However, it made it almost impossible to know what her thoughts are. Anyways, History Tiger got defeated in the end by Araragi's epic sword.

Finally, about time we saw him. But why did the author show him as a hobo with ripped clothes?
. It's more hilarious than epic to look at him. What I love is how he pats her head. So cute, so cute indeed

I am so glad she finally confessed to him. It was so brave to see her doing that. Anyone who had a crush knows how hard and how much courage you need to confess, and the feeling of disappointment and sadness after being rejected. So, I salute her

In conclusion, I loved the ending of this arc and it was better than what I expected. I also like Hanekawa's new hairstyle, it looks cool
. It would be cool if she kept that hairstyle, however, it would be strange for her. It's too unusual, I guess.

The next arc is about Mayoi Hachikuji. Nice to see loli girl back in the series.

PS! I have spoken my mind too freely. I have written a novel nobody will probably read. LOL.
Dec 17, 2020 3:45 PM

May 2014
Koybz said:
What a great episode. I actually had the biggest grin on my face when araragi arrived. It was quite the entrance. I love Hanekawa's new hair, why did she have to dye it?
Kabukimonogatari next week and oh man, I am really looking forward to this arc. It's going to be awesome.

That picture can be used as a signature. It's perfect. :P
Dec 17, 2020 3:47 PM

May 2014
Amarrez said:
PoeticJustice said:

I fail to see the difference. Still, completely unnecessary IMO.

There is no difference, enjoy your recap.

Welcome to SHAFT.
''''
'
So, that's their kind of "fillers".
Dec 17, 2020 3:50 PM

May 2014
redjet said:
Reading the subs and the texts simultaneously is an impossible feat, and it ruins the mood to stop to read :/ (now with those newly featured high-speed texts)

Great episode overall and really enjoyed the arc. Looking forward to the next one
5/5

Yep, I had problems with that too. I had to resort to media player classic where you can skip between the frames. Haha, it has never been that fast before, but it was a perfect metaphoric way to show how unorganized her thoughts were.
Jan 5, 2021 11:53 AM

Jul 2020
Hanekawa's new hair was so cute. I'm going to cherish this arc for a while.
Feb 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Jan 2010
I like how looking back, Hanekawa's perspective hides a lot of information because she purposefully stayed ignorant to various details. In the first episode, we get a very fast glimpse of her parents' meals, but we never see her parents because she purposefully avoids them. The ongoing count of scenes skips every time Black Hanekawa appears, as Hanekawa's memories skip over them when she transforms. However, that gap when Black Hanekawa and Shinobu arrive at the burnt down school makes for an even greater mystery.

This works in reverse too, where Koyomi comes across as heroic and cool in this episode, recalling the princess imagery in the Nekomonogatari: Shiro opening where she'd have a prince come and rescue her.

It's also cool that Senjougahara is absorbing Koyomi's tendencies to help others, where she directly or indirectly got Hanekawa to make contact with others to inform them of her problems. That way, Koyomi would eventually get notified to come and help out. That, and Hanekawa sending pictures of herself in his room.

At the end, Hanekawa constantly cut off negative emotions, creating her own monsters while maintaining her pure image. It wasn't done with malicious or ill intent, yet she still committed to her image purposefully and mechanically. the solution seemed pretty simple though, where she'd just need to externalize her emotions rather than constantly bottle them up. In the talks about "fake" and "real," calling Hanekawa "real" seemingly means she is an authentic good person, but it's only due to how she commits to her good samaritan image to a near-obsessive level. She's not trying to compensate for anything, nor is she trying to impress anyone. Hanekawa just felt such actions were natural, as if she were watching herself on a television screen and directing herself to act properly.

With stories about people trying to act normally, it makes me wonder what "normal" even means, or why it's such an elusive quality to attain. By being too repressive, you have a character like Hanekawa who either becomes self-destructive or subconsciously broken. Alternatively, becoming too expressive could become and annoyance. Moderation in all things, I guess.

Well, next up is to see what Mayoi's been up to all this time.
Feb 21, 2021 8:14 AM

Oct 2016
Man what an amazing fucking episode and an amazing arc, I think this is definitely the best arc so far for me well... Next to Kizu that is. It explains so much about Hanekawa, and I feel stupid as fuck for only understanding her now. That's why she seems so perfect and as they said "white" it's because she's been casting out the negativities creating this powerful ass aberrations. But I look forward to seeing a not perfect Hanekawa in future episodes, though I am going to miss Black Hanekawa.

It really did feel like we haven't seen Araragi in years and that makes his entrance all the more amazing, he looked so badass, what kind of shit did he go through while all these was happening with Hanekawa Jesus. I am sure the skipped 26 chapters in Nekomonogatari Shiro will be shown in the next arc with Araragi and Mayoi. I wanna pet Hanekawa too though, that was fucking precious. Again, what an amazing episode, if this keeps up I'll definitely give this season a 10.

Feb 23, 2021 1:28 AM

Apr 2020
Wow!

What an episode!

I really liked the conversation between Araragi and Hanekawa!

Now,I really like monogatari!
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Mar 13, 2021 11:48 PM

Jul 2019
This is probably the first arc of many that I pause a couple of times to read the text flashes. Says it all because I think here the way they explain things in this arc were neat. Lots of symbolisms I could understand from the very first episodes. The finale wasn't too bad either. Hanekawa were always the character I couldn't get attached to because she was too 'white' as this arc describes. Great to have her confession being wrapped up here. From here we might see a different Hanekawa. Maybe with worse personalities but that's for the better.
May 15, 2021 3:10 AM
White Whistle

Feb 2018
the "pure white" analogy of her refusal to dirty her soul with the acknowledgment of her human emotions, her travelling the world as if to symbolize her letting those emotions in all at once, the fact that she called her apparitions sisters instead of her children because she knows parents aren't always nurturing, and her confession and how araragi handled it was all so fucking badass

haven't felt this way watching anime in a long time, amazing episode.
May 25, 2021 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
Rewatched this arc for no real reason. This was my least favorite arc of s2 when I first watched because after neko white, end of bake, and kizu I was really just tired of hanekawa. However coming back to it this was really good, still probably my least favorite but that's just a testament to how good everything else is this season. I watched the first two episodes of jiangshi, my second favorite arc of this season, so who knows I might just rewatch this whole entry. It's peak so I might as well.
Also looking back this definitely has a top 3 confessions scene ever. Holy shit.
May 31, 2021 6:05 AM

Dec 2016
Well that's one of the best monogatari episodes I've seen. What a great way to round off the first arc. Stylish through and through with a deeper look into Tsubasa's self.

v nice
May 31, 2021 8:15 AM

Feb 2020
That was a great ending to a very good arc. Hanekawa has officially become one of my favorite Monogatari characters, the way I see her is much different from when we first met her, in a very good way. If every arc is this good then it is gonna be a great season. Apparently next arc will be about Mayoi ? I can't wait to see what's in store for our little snail.
Jul 28, 2021 4:30 AM
Jun 2020
Gab5 said:
Duhuhu said:

Totally agree with you and at first I thought their candid relationship was great. I saw a few episodes of the next season and I'm not so sure now. As you say, I think most people have been on one side or the other, or both, of the Hanekawa situation. Sometimes we regret it other times we are glad things didn't get anywhere. Her tragic life explains a lot of her awkwardness and it's a shame that these things mean people miss opportunities in their life. But, as you say, its good to see her coming out the other side. Some people never do.

Best exchange in this discussion post *right here* I agree with you both and this cause for discussion proves monogatari series quality as a show
Jul 28, 2021 4:39 AM
Dec 2018
copperypilot56_ said:
Gab5 said:

Best exchange in this discussion post *right here* I agree with you both and this cause for discussion proves monogatari series quality as a show

Yes, it is complex and doesn't offer easy answers. I wasn't too sure about the show at first but this arc totally convinced me. Its great to see how many other people appreciate it. This series shows others how to write decent characters and make interesting points without falling into black and white stereotypes. Great stuff. It doesn't treat the viewer like an idiot.
Jul 31, 2021 2:47 PM
Oct 2015
This arc and this episode !! Monogatari's peak so far. Hanekawa's character really grew on me and the ending to her storyline was just perfection.

I wonder if what's to come will live up to the high expectations this arc left us with.
Aug 10, 2021 9:54 AM
Aug 2021
I loved Hanekawa's monologue in the beginning,I must say I feel bad for her.
Of course she cannot go on living by severing her heart everytime she's overwhelmed with her negative emotions. She has to accept even her negative emotions.

He bacc:D

This put a smile on my face. So moving.

This arc was enjoyable and Hanekawa's character arc was perfect:)
I was grinning like an idiot in the last couple scenes.One of my fav arcs so far in the series. I kinda relate to Hanekawa because even I bottle up my emotions. So when I let them out, it's a flood of all the negative emotions in me so I end up crying a lot.
-Facktack-Aug 10, 2021 10:27 AM
Aug 31, 2021 4:48 AM
May 2020
that was a beautiful episode. hanekawa is a better her now and araragi is back. YESSS SIRRR
Jan 17, 2022 2:45 PM
Mar 2017
Gab5 said:

I completely 100% agree. There are so many red flags concerning Hitagi. She's manipulative, controlling, agressive, unstable and extremely demanding. Only reason Araragi is her boyfriend is cause he's her price that saved her and she was agressive and asked pretty quickly. But there are so many warnings signs here. She is terrible when she doesn't get her way and she just gives the vibes of a person that will dump Araragi when he fails to live up to the mental picture she has built up of him. THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBLE, it is clear as day....
Apr 4, 2022 10:45 AM

Feb 2019
This episode was actually sad and sweet. Can't believe I used to somewhat dislike Hanekawa in the first Monogatari. Now she's so precious. She's finally becoming herself, no longer cutting off her heart.

One of the best episodes yet. That confession and rejection were amazing and beautiful, but also very sad. Really sad to see her cry. She even asked if he would go out with her with marriage in mind. Quite sad to see.

But glad that she seems to have found peace in her life, and with herself.

When people said this was one of the best Monogatari entries, they weren't kidding.
May 2, 2022 6:30 AM

Jan 2015
Bakemonogatari... episode twelve... was topped.
Still crying a bit but yeah, where I cried from how nice that Bakemonogatari episode was, here I cried for a solid dozen minutes or so, it was so powerful. So moving, so grand, so conclusive for one of the best characters, so sad but so relieving. Having Hanekawa finally fully accept all of herself, was beautiful. Cherry on top is the end of her having her own place to stay, the dialogue in the whole scene there resonated with me more compared to even Bakemonogatari's twelfth episode. Absolutely beautiful, I am continuing to cry a bit even now. Best episode of the series so far.
Really excited for Hachikuji's arc. Already scoring this season a 9/10 like I have Bakemonogatari. A bit pre-emptive? Sure, but so far the series hasn't had a case of a season really dropping in quality as it goes on, so I'll expect to keep it scored this high. If it is able to surprise me by having the rest of the arcs be so amazing? I'm so happy.
Arc was a bit slower for the most part but that came from not having hilarity that ensues from Araragi's exchanges he has with the others. Despite being mostly a more relaxed arc in pace, it had the most impactful, beautiful finale of all. Also, Araragi, speaking of him, wow, did he look awesome. Really looking forward to learning what the hell was going on with his story. Also love Hanekawa's new look, even if she doesn't wear it out, the black hair with the white stripes is beautiful.
Jun 19, 2022 8:38 AM

Jan 2021
Rewatched this episode and loved it even more, this made this go from an 8 to a 9.
Jul 27, 2022 8:48 PM
Oct 2020
Nice resolution to this arc. Hanekawa takes control of the beasts within her before the burning tiger strikes again. And just when it appeared that Kako was going to destroy both Hanekawa (black and white) our hero Araragi swoops in with a massive sword to hold the tiger. In the nd it seems like both cats are absorbed back into Tsubasa as she finally professes her love and swallows the bitter pill of rejection. A good metaphor, I think, for carrying the pain and the fire of extinguished passion inside of her. And the Rouge-like hair is an indication of its effect on her. I definitely like the striped hair. Too bad it's too 'avant-garde' for her to wear and he feels the need to cover it with dye. Maybe it will make an appearance something in the future.

My past self is me and my future self is also me.
There's no moment when I'm not myself.
Then what kind of self will I be tomorrow?

I might need this quote on my coffee mug. :)
ELuck42Jul 27, 2022 8:51 PM
Sep 17, 2022 8:49 AM
Feb 2019
this was what i wanted on nekomonogatari
Oct 15, 2022 9:24 PM
Feb 2018
I rewatched this, hanekawa is always my best girl :))))
Beside hachikuji and shinobu
Dec 29, 2022 2:03 AM
May 2016
idk man, i prefer hanekawa to end up with araragi instead of senjogahara... 
Jul 30, 2023 4:12 AM

Oct 2021
Nekokawa was such a good character hope we get to see more of her in future. A good conclusion to hanekawa and araragi's relationship, now they can no longer see themselves as romantics but only friends. i am little bit sad for hanekawa though.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.