Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2013 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, new OP song. I like it though honestly.

The episode felt a little slow to me but still enjoyable! My favorite parts from the episode was the Frenda vs. Kuroko with the argument. That was GOLD. Misaka and Mugino are obviously not amused but I am.

Decent episode :3, dat new ED

The hotpot made me hungry...
Stark700Aug 2, 2013 9:24 AM
Aug 2, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2007
New OP time. The two are going out and meet with those two for study, though they do the eating most of time. More detail on the conversation during making the cookies. That initial problem is no more. Uiharu in trouble with summer hw. lol~ it's been a long time since Kotobuki-san's character! She's here for her pet's food. Visiting sisters. The doctor investigated them through and they are short lived?

Wow, the bomb girl and fellow level 5er!! lol @ Bomb girl vs. Kuroko, or rather, about which level 5er is better. Turtle type meat?? (Suppon)

New ED!! "Links (リンクス)" by Sachika Misawa. That title for the preview is long (I know that it's for the Index Movie, though)!

I've been wondering, is Misaka from a rich family? She even got high class meat this ep.

Edit: Moving out, and that little girl will appear.
tsubasaloverAug 9, 2013 7:58 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 2, 2013 7:55 AM

Apr 2009
Mugino and Frenda were the best part of the episode.
Aug 2, 2013 8:05 AM

Dec 2011
LOLED so much in this eps.
btw next eps would be Index movie 22 minutes...so.. no eps 18?

Aug 2, 2013 8:07 AM
Mar 2013
ITEM was the best part of the episode. They adapted that from the manga :D (even though it was just a special what-if panel in the manga rather than an actual part of the plot).

Anyway, the opening was pretty amazing. It looked pretty good. Otherwise I'll wait for subtitles, I honestly wasn't that impressed... but the opening makes me think this could be a great arc.

First 1/3 of the Index movie streaming next week instead of railgun S episode 18 which is pushed back a week as shown in the PV at the end of this episode.

The ending music was ok though the song got better at the end.

The main points of interest in the opening were:

1. Everything looked dark and gloomy (surprising).

2. Touman is back!!!! :D
Aug 2, 2013 8:23 AM

Apr 2009
Just took a closer look at the OP

Guess who is going to be rescued (maybe)?

Aug 2, 2013 8:37 AM

Jun 2011
Amarrez said:

DragoonDeusAug 2, 2013 8:43 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Aug 2, 2013 8:40 AM

Aug 2009
Slicer22 said:
Amarrez said:

Hel we dont even know in the LN.That's 30+ volumes.

Not watched yet but from what I read tehy animated the 4 panel with Kuroko vs Frenda?Did it end the same way?;)
Aug 2, 2013 8:44 AM

Jun 2011
Just found the new OP on youtube now since the subbed episode is not out and it looks like there will not be Liberal Arts City arc and an original instead with a blonde loli this time. How many blonde lolis are there in Raildex all together now? Someone count them all up lol.

New OP

Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Aug 2, 2013 8:44 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
Slicer22 said:
Amarrez said:

Hel we dont even know in the LN.That's 30+ volumes.

Not watched yet but from what I read tehy animated the 4 panel with Kuroko vs Frenda?Did it end the same way?;)

It wasn't quite as... side-splitting, if you catch my drift, though there was groping.
Aug 2, 2013 8:53 AM

Aug 2009
Slicer22 said:
Just found the new OP on youtube now since the subbed episode is not out and it looks like there will not be Liberal Arts City arc and an original instead with a blonde loli this time. How many blonde lolis are there in Raildex all together now? Someone count them all up lol.

New OP

Is it a rule in Railgun to have Misaka jumping in the OP and having powersuits as a main weapon for the bad guys?
Anyway at least t seems that we will see Kongou's friends in action way before the Daihaseisai arc and the bad guys probably have something to do with Body Crysta.
*trying to see the good points of the original arc*

And looks like Anti Skill will be useless again.Seriously AC should change their "police" into GROUP,ITEM and Misaka and her friends.
Aug 2, 2013 9:25 AM

Jun 2011
Well i wish they would not try to make any scientist apart from a Kihara an enemy we all know they are the ones that are actually dangerous, the ones in the OP look like random cannon fodder and do not look like Kihara's.
DragoonDeusAug 2, 2013 9:29 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Aug 2, 2013 9:41 AM
Mar 2013
To be a Kihara, you do not need to look the part. You must be the part. I'm sure that even a dog could be a Kihara if it were smart enough :D

Anyway...

Happy to see her in the opening hidden away in shattering glass. Thank god for youtube.\

Just had a thought! Is that bodycrystal?
Aug 2, 2013 9:42 AM

Nov 2011
Alright, I watched the OP song again. Just a small question:

Touma has never met Mugino in person before yet right? Just a yes or no for answer please.
Aug 2, 2013 9:43 AM
Mar 2013
Stark700 said:

Touma has never met Mugino in person before yet right? Just a yes or no for answer please.

It depends. (sorry for lack of specificity)

Anyway, is that thing the scientists are holding body crystal?
Aug 2, 2013 9:44 AM

Aug 2009
Stark700 said:

Yes
dniv said:
Stark700 said:

It depends. (sorry for lack of specificity)

I hope so.
Aug 2, 2013 9:46 AM

Nov 2011
The body crystal looks like this I think:

Now from the new OP song, I do see a resemblance, somewhat hard to tell though...

Edit: maybe looks more like this:
Stark700Aug 2, 2013 9:52 AM
Aug 2, 2013 9:53 AM

Aug 2009
Stark700 said:
The body crystal looks like this I think:

Now from the new OP song, I do see a resemblance, somewhat hard to tell though...

Thats the First Sample,how Body Crystal used to be.

What we now refer to as Body Crystal is what Rikou(and others) took to use her powers when they were fighting Misaka this

And was beaten to it ...
ssjokgAug 2, 2013 9:56 AM
Aug 2, 2013 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
Ya, I just edited my post :P
Aug 2, 2013 10:21 AM

Feb 2009
That loli in the OP would probably be the 4th blonde loli in the whole Raildex, just off the top of my head. Still, more lolis.....as if we didn't have enough in NT already.

So, Kongou is going to fight some powersuits roughly on the same day she transfers(in the manga), because that big fight will clearly happen before the end of August. Ugh, the timeline.
And I fear that they're probably going to ignore the effects of Angel Fall when we get to that date. This arc won't fit within 4-5 days left before that, and they just burned a day already with this episode. No one was spared on those days. I would assume that the current date is August 23(didn't see any calendars at all).
Ah well, the timeline was already ruined the day Kongou showed up on season 1 so...

Let's just think of the positives at the moment.
They did address the issue with the clones with Heaven Canceller. That encounter with Frenda and Mugino was pure gold. Uiharu is already being called by her other title and for a good reason. And the OP did show a certain someone who was kind of forgotten in the Sisters arc.
And...that's it I guess. Kuroko was kind of annoying after the restaurant fiasco and the other two were not that interesting as well. Haruue appearing even made it worse. Ugh.
No LAC for this season unfortunately but let's just see what this original story brings us. Those scientists really don't strike as the final boss types or even threatening for that matter. What the middle guy was holding was the only thing that interested me. And how the loli will fit in all of this. So yeah, coming off of the awesome ending of the Sisters arc was a not that good of an episode for me. Let's see what's in store for this arc I guess.
Aug 2, 2013 10:30 AM

Mar 2012
belatkuro said:
That loli in the OP would probably be the 4th blonde loli in the whole Raildex, just off the top of my head. Still, more lolis.....as if we didn't have enough in NT already.

Frenda,
are the others, right?

And so, we don't get the LAC arc which JC Staff has been teasing since episode 2. Oh well. Maybe we'll get some Kiharas and like someone else pointed out earlier, closure for Shinobu in this arc. Perhaps this may even set up for LAC and the Daihaseisai so who knows? I won't make my decision until I see the arc as a whole though...

Stark700 said:

At this point, they never have met.
Not until
as far as we know.

dniv said:

It could be. It also looks similar to the data drive that Shinobu was using to implant emotions into the Sisters.
Ashen_MikoAug 2, 2013 10:37 AM
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Aug 2, 2013 10:36 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
I think it's the sixthseventh.
ssjokgAug 2, 2013 10:47 AM
Aug 2, 2013 10:39 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
belatkuro said:
I think it's the sixth.

Aug 2, 2013 10:44 AM

Jun 2013
Isnt the scientist just holding a test-tube with one blonde hair from that loli?
Aug 2, 2013 10:45 AM

Aug 2009
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:
belatkuro said:
I think it's the sixth.

I couldnt remember her hair at all.Cant blame with all the other stuff she wears.XD
Darkmousy0198 said:
Isnt the scientist just holding a test-tube with one blonde hair from that loli?

Good eyes.

Well there goes my excitement....
Aug 2, 2013 10:45 AM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:
belatkuro said:
I think it's the sixth.
I did say just off the top of my head so I forgot about that last one. I also didn't think that that witch was a blonde as I don't remember where it was mentioned. And I didn't count Frenda...

Then that makes that loli in the OP the 7th blond loli in Raildex.
Kamachi and his lolis. And still no casual Vento...
Aug 2, 2013 10:52 AM

Mar 2012
Darkmousy0198 said:

Good catch. I didn't even notice that until I paused at the frame just now.

belatkuro said:
Othinus is blonde?I didnt remember that
I did say just off the top of my head so I forgot about that last one. I also didn't think that that witch was a blonde as I don't remember where it was mentioned. And I didn't count Frenda...

I'm pretty sure she was described like that in her first appearance in NT4.
Maybe my memory is faulty...?

belatkuro said:
And still no casual Vento...
This. Seconded whole-heartedly.

Aug 2, 2013 11:01 AM

Aug 2009
CreationBreaker said:

belatkuro said:

Her no piercing face is lovely.
Aug 2, 2013 11:59 AM

Apr 2013
Ahhh new opening. I have never disliked a fripSide song. And finally all the other characters are getting screen time :3
The Frenda/ Mugino and Misaka/ Kuroko scene was great haha.

MillsAug 16, 2013 5:26 AM
Aug 2, 2013 12:06 PM

Aug 2009
For everyone that is interest to see what happened in the manga during the Frenda vs Kuroko scene
Aug 2, 2013 1:04 PM

Jun 2011
ssjokg said:

I swear at some point Kazuma Kamachi became a lolicon with a thing for blonde lolis, hell just for lolis in general lol. Then again Index was the first heroine and Misaka is a middle schooler so it has always been there. Some of his best new characters who are a few of my personal favorites have been blonde that being Leivinia Birdway and Shokuhou Misaki.

ssjokg said:
CreationBreaker said:

belatkuro said:

Wait where did you see her no piercing face? I can not remember seeing it
DragoonDeusAug 2, 2013 1:09 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Aug 2, 2013 1:08 PM

Jul 2010
Such a peaceful episode. I believe the word 'peaceful' was used twice...

Wonder if the loli is related to the index movie? Haven't watched that yet so don't know.

Also, those mecha in OP
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Aug 2, 2013 1:11 PM

Aug 2009
Slicer22 said:
ssjokg said:

I swear at some point Kazuma Kamachi became a lolicon with a thing for blonde lolis, hell just for lolis in general lol. Then again Index was the first heroine and Misaka is a middle schooler so it has always been there. Some of his best new characters who are a few of my personal favorites have been blonde that being Leivinia Birdway and Shokuhou Misaki.

ssjokg said:
CreationBreaker said:

belatkuro said:

Wait where did you see her no piercing face? I can not remember seeing it

Oh and lets make the loli nine.Cedrillion and Saronia .
ssjokgAug 2, 2013 1:18 PM
Aug 2, 2013 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
Didn't watch the episode yet but they actually adapt that omake between Mugino & Mikoto!? YESSSS!!!! I love that part & the joke for Frenda lol.

New OP kind of decent, the visual doesn't flow better like the first OP though.
I disappointed that there will be no LAC arc, WHY JC STAFF!!!! They even hinted that in many ep but turn out to be different now from the look of OP :(

Speaking of new filler arc

EDIT: Well crap when I looked back at OP, the Sisters are there & the program was actually Febli(?) hair in a container. Maybe this will have a link to Daihasei(?) arc consider that Telestina arc has link with the crystal thing for Takitsubou.
arena149Aug 2, 2013 9:35 PM
Aug 2, 2013 9:28 PM
Jul 2018
so many robots in the new OP...
Aug 2, 2013 10:03 PM

Dec 2012
Why didn't Kuroko just teleport them back to the dorms at the end?
Aug 2, 2013 10:06 PM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:
Does that look like a loli to you?
And damn, how could I forget about Cendrillon.

Eight blonde lolis then. Kamachi!!!
Aug 3, 2013 3:05 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
ssjokg said:
Does that look like a loli to you?
And damn, how could I forget about Cendrillon.

Eight blonde lolis then. Kamachi!!!
She is 14 and she seems as tall as Misaka.We call one of them a loli,why not both?
ssjokgAug 3, 2013 4:02 AM
Aug 3, 2013 4:01 AM

Sep 2012
Bless the lords for JC Staff
Including Mugino and Frenda in this Slice-of-Life episode just made it godly. Frenda vs Kuroko was an amazing sight to see. Hopefully we will be seeing more Meltdowner in other episode <3 <3
Oh and the new OP kicks ass
Aug 3, 2013 4:21 AM

Aug 2010
Nice relaxing ep after all that tension.

Op wasn't bad. ofc not as good as last one which is almost impossible to beat XD Like the others are saying another loli XD

Mikoto's tsundereness when Saten asked her about the cookies and Touma was sooo kawaiii <3

The best thing about this ep was ofc the four way between Frenda-Kuroko-Mugino and Mikoto....now that was sooooooooooo hilarious lolololol XD...Dat boob groping was so lol and blushing Mikoto and Mugino was fabulous!

Kuroko and her Turtle blood was sooooo lol XD
Aug 3, 2013 4:45 AM
Jun 2008
A study meeting without showing any "study" scene.Now that is odd .

I was actually expecting "still" scene after Haruue arrive and brought the Udon. I think this is my first time watching "still" scene with some decent animation .
Aug 3, 2013 5:02 AM

Apr 2008
Wow... for some reason, even though it's just a preview, I can sense a bit of onions and feels. And hearing about the reviews in Japan, most of the movie goers cried apparently. I'm really pumped for the movie now! :D
Aug 3, 2013 5:26 AM

Aug 2009
Does Konori know about Uiharu's nickname?Although the actual one is Gatekeeper,it was like she wanted to mess with her.

Jovy said:
Why didn't Kuroko just teleport them back to the dorms at the end?
She has limits you know.
Aug 3, 2013 6:15 AM

Apr 2013
You forgot a few blonde loli in Raildex.

I think that's all? :x
Don't even want to count anymore >_<
ZefyrisAug 3, 2013 6:44 AM
Aug 3, 2013 6:21 AM

Aug 2009
Zefyris said:
You forgot a few blonde loli in Raildex.

I think that's all? :x
Don't even want to count anymore >_<
How did I forget Nayuta and Sasha?
Aug 3, 2013 6:45 AM

Apr 2013
Blond loli are everywhere. x)
Aug 3, 2013 6:56 AM

Aug 2009
What is this LAC arc folks keep talking of? I believe the current adaption stands at Vol 6 half done? Anyone knows the scope of this adaptation? I just checked out the manga and they have around 9 vols.
Aug 3, 2013 7:00 AM

Aug 2009
sanjayts said:
What is this LAC arc folks keep talking of? I believe the current adaption stands at Vol 6 half done? Anyone knows the scope of this adaptation? I just checked out the manga and they have around 9 vols.

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun_SS:_Liberal_Arts_City

They wont adapt anything from the manga(or any LN) for this season.
Aug 3, 2013 7:21 AM

Aug 2009
ssjokg said:
sanjayts said:

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun_SS:_Liberal_Arts_City

That's a shame. BTW, when you say "manga or LN", does it mean that Railgun series has both manga and LN?

*EDIT*: Is this listing accurate? http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/418372-how-many-diffrent-series-are-there?p=12057535&viewfull=1#post12057535
sanjaytsAug 3, 2013 7:32 AM
Aug 3, 2013 7:40 AM

Aug 2009
sanjayts said:
ssjokg said:
sanjayts said:

That's a shame. BTW, when you say "manga or LN", does it mean that Railgun series has both manga and LN?

*EDIT*: Is this listing accurate? http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/418372-how-many-diffrent-series-are-there?p=12057535&viewfull=1#post12057535

Yes it has both.

YEs.Except the A Certain Prophecy Index (and the video games ofc)you can find everything else in MAL too.
ssjokgAug 3, 2013 7:45 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.