Mio Nishizono Caitlynn French

Thoughts?
sanata50lbsbOct 23, 2013 4:28 PM
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Aug 1, 2013 5:04 PM

Sep 2012
Freeman Crispin (Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate) will voice Kyousuke
Johny Yong Bosch (Renton Thurston from Eureka 7) will voice Riki

Just kidding, I have no clue who's voicing anyone. I can see some potentially good VAs, but I have little faith in Sentai Filmworks. It'll probably be funny to watch anyway.
Aug 1, 2013 7:18 PM

Jul 2013
Vladz0r said:
Freeman Crispin (Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate) will voice Kyousuke
Johny Yong Bosch (Renton Thurston from Eureka 7) will voice Riki

Just kidding, I have no clue who's voicing anyone. I can see some potentially good VAs, but I have little faith in Sentai Filmworks. It'll probably be funny to watch anyway.

Oh god, crispin freeman as kyousuke? i wouldnt be able to take him seriously. i'd get the image of hideki motosuwa in my head too much haha
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Aug 26, 2013 12:09 PM
Apr 2013
This is how i want the dub cast
Caitlin Glass - Riki Naoe
Luci Christian- Rin Natsume
David Matranga- Ryousuke Natsume
Andrew Love- Kengo

Hilary Haag- Kud
Monica Rial- Komari
Shelly Calene-Black- Yuiko Kurugaya
Emily Neves- Mio Nishizono

still working on the rest though
Aug 26, 2013 4:17 PM

Jul 2013
RathanaLak said:
This is how i want the dub cast
Caitlin Glass - Riki Naoe
Luci Christian- Rin Natsume
David Matranga- Ryousuke Natsume
Andrew Love- Kengo

Hilary Haag- Kud
Monica Rial- Komari
Shelly Calene-Black- Yuiko Kurugaya
Emily Neves- Mio Nishizono

still working on the rest though

i was thinking maybe hilary haag for haruka, and luci christian for komari
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 14, 2013 12:45 PM

Sep 2012
Crispin Freeman for Masato

GO
Sep 14, 2013 9:09 PM

Sep 2012
Crispin voicing anyone in LB would be hilarious.
Sentai Filmworks dubs are notoriously awful, and it will be funny just to see how bad this is done in the first season. I think I'll cry tears of shame if I ever see the Refrain dub...
It would be like watching the horribly dubbed over emotional scenes in Angel Beats and Clannad. They just aren't the same, especially if you've seen the Japanese first.
Sep 14, 2013 10:43 PM

Jul 2013
Vladz0r said:
Crispin voicing anyone in LB would be hilarious.
Sentai Filmworks dubs are notoriously awful, and it will be funny just to see how bad this is done in the first season. I think I'll cry tears of shame if I ever see the Refrain dub...
It would be like watching the horribly dubbed over emotional scenes in Angel Beats and Clannad. They just aren't the same, especially if you've seen the Japanese first.

well, i saw both those dubs first, and thought they were just fine. i'm more of a dub watcher overall, but i've grown emotionally attached to the VA's of LB! (especially after playing refrain), so im actually afraid of who theyd cast (i hope to God they don't cast Shelley Calene-Black as kurugaya). but if anything, i'll just buy the official release and turn the dub off if its bad
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 15, 2013 2:17 AM

Sep 2012
Meh, there's just no comparison to the sincerity in Nagisa and Tomoya's voice acting in the dub vs. the sub.
Clannad super duper spoiler:
http://youtu.be/3ittgv0N63o?t=4m15s
http://youtu.be/n7TcmSr43gU?t=4m10s

That being said, Key's story and themes and the animation are probably good enough for the average watcher. I also don't think Tomoya's Japanese VA Nojima Kenji is an especially GREAT or top tier voice actor, but he conveyed Tomoya's trying to laugh off the situation while choking on tears pretty well.
Very few voice actors could match the dynamic voices of Sugita or Jun Fukuyama, and Kyousuke's scenes and voice acting in Refrain will definitely be downplayed in the dub vs. Midorikawa Hikaru's amazing voice acting.
Sep 15, 2013 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
Vladz0r said:
Meh, there's just no comparison to the sincerity in Nagisa and Tomoya's voice acting in the dub vs. the sub.
Clannad super duper spoiler:
http://youtu.be/3ittgv0N63o?t=4m15s
http://youtu.be/n7TcmSr43gU?t=4m10s

That being said, Key's story and themes and the animation are probably good enough for the average watcher. I also don't think Tomoya's Japanese VA Nojima Kenji is an especially GREAT or top tier voice actor, but he conveyed Tomoya's trying to laugh off the situation while choking on tears pretty well.
Very few voice actors could match the dynamic voices of Sugita or Jun Fukuyama, and Kyousuke's scenes and voice acting in Refrain will definitely be downplayed in the dub vs. Midorikawa Hikaru's amazing voice acting.

I agree on your points with those after story scenes. i saw after story sub first, then waited for the dub. the big climactic scenes werent as good as the sub, but other than that i enjoyed it (still watch the dub today). I also very much agree, Kyousuke without Midorikawa's voice wouldnt be the same. but like you said earlier, it may just be fun to watch to see how bad the dub is
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 3, 2013 7:50 AM

Jul 2013
Sentai Filmworks official cover for Little Busters

Front: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/813v-UCQ%2BuL._SL1280_.jpg
Back: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81obmO45JGL._SL1280_.jpg

They both look really nice
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 5, 2013 9:23 PM

Sep 2012
That does look pretty nice ;o
I'll probably buy the Complete Collection if they ever do a bundle with Little Busters + Refrain like the one with Clannad+After Story.
It's still kinda expensive, and the first season was meh compared to what they're capable of now :D
Oct 5, 2013 9:30 PM

Jul 2013
Vladz0r said:
I'll probably buy the Complete Collection if they ever do a bundle with Little Busters + Refrain like the one with Clannad+After Story.
It's still kinda expensive, and the first season was meh compared to what they're capable of now :D

i'm gonna buy both regardless, i need to complete my KEY collection
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 6, 2013 7:41 AM

Sep 2011
sanata50lbsb said:
Vladz0r said:

i'm gonna buy both regardless, i need to complete my KEY collection

Ditto. All I need is Little Busters to complete my full collection.
Oct 23, 2013 1:53 PM
Dec 2012
dub cast was been announced

English Vocal Cast

Riki Naoe Shannon Emerick

Rin Natusme Brittney Karbowski

Kyosuke Natsume Blake Shepard

Masato Inohara Greg Ayres

Kengo Miyazawa Leraldo Anzaldua

Komari Kamikita Tia Ballard

Haruka Saigusa Margaret McDonald

Kudryavka Noumi Tiffany Grant

Yuiko Kurugaya Carli Mosier

Mio Nishizono Caitlynn French

Additional Voices Christopher Ayres

Krystal Laporte

Beth Lazarou

Connor Leach

Brent Marshall

Genevieve Simmons

Juliet Simmons

John Swasey

Allison Sumrall

Tiffany Terrell

Chris Ayres is the director
Oct 23, 2013 3:37 PM

Mar 2010
I actually just saw that on twitter. I'm surprised at the inclusion of Tia Ballard. I think this is her first work with Sentai. She's been all Funimation till this point right?
Oct 23, 2013 3:39 PM

Jul 2013
Blake Shepard as Kyousuke?? Brittney Karbowski as Rin? GREG AYRES AS MASATO????? YUCK!!!!
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 23, 2013 3:41 PM

Feb 2013
I never watched this anime,but i am sure of one thing, the dub will make this anime very bad...dubbed version always do that..
Oct 23, 2013 9:44 PM

Apr 2012
Ulquiorra1923 said:
I never watched this anime,but i am sure of one thing, the dub will make this anime very bad...dubbed version always do that..

Yeah, no you're just a weaboo.
Oct 24, 2013 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
JohnTimbre said:
I actually just saw that on twitter. I'm surprised at the inclusion of Tia Ballard. I think this is her first work with Sentai. She's been all Funimation till this point right?

I think so. I nearly died because of the inclusion of Tia Ballard, so I know how you feel.
Oct 27, 2013 4:23 PM

May 2012
The first episode dubbed is up on The Anime Network. I listened to it for a bit and I don't know how I feel about the dub. Typically I like dubs and I was fine with Clannad, Angel Beats, and Kanon but still felt indifferent for Little Busters. Maybe it's because I actually watched the sub this time before the dub.

In any case, I don't fancy Masato's voice. It just doesn't fit. And while I love Brittney Karbowski and have loved all of her dubs, I don't know if she fits the voice for Rin.
Oct 27, 2013 5:12 PM

Jul 2013
dchoy said:
The first episode dubbed is up on The Anime Network. I listened to it for a bit and I don't know how I feel about the dub. Typically I like dubs and I was fine with Clannad, Angel Beats, and Kanon but still felt indifferent for Little Busters. Maybe it's because I actually watched the sub this time before the dub.

In any case, I don't fancy Masato's voice. It just doesn't fit. And while I love Brittney Karbowski and have loved all of her dubs, I don't know if she fits the voice for Rin.

I watched it too, wasnt as bad as i thought it was gonna be. Riki is good, Rin is okay too, the bros are mehh. Komari was spot on i think though. im curious as to how the other girls sound. hopefully the other eps will be up sometime soon
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 27, 2013 6:17 PM

Jun 2013
sanata50lbsb said:
dchoy said:

I watched it too, wasnt as bad as i thought it was gonna be. Riki is good, Rin is okay too, the bros are mehh. Komari was spot on i think though. im curious as to how the other girls sound. hopefully the other eps will be up sometime soon

I agree I was shocked at how good riki and komari's voices sounded, with masato his voice just sounds too young and immature but it might grown on me, I Think rin will probably end up being okay, brittney is one of my favorites but shes a bit too outgoing to play rin whos really shy, but she'll be fine i think, Kyousuke is going to take some getting used to as well.
But not as bad as i thought it woud be :)
Oct 27, 2013 6:19 PM
Mar 2013
I only just started watching this series subbed and so far I the voice acting is great. Judging from the cast list I predict that the english dub will be quite bad in comparison
Oct 27, 2013 6:24 PM

Jul 2013
JD2411 said:
I only just started watching this series subbed and so far I the voice acting is great. Judging from the cast list I predict that the english dub will be quite bad in comparison

i'd say just go with the sub because the rest of the dub wont be out for awhile
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 28, 2013 8:03 AM

May 2013
I've recently watched the dub (episodes 1-13) and I can say that its good enough for me.
CreamZiOct 28, 2013 8:13 AM
Oct 28, 2013 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
Also, I can confirm that Kud Noumi is given a cute Russian accent in the dub (cute is a VERY subjective word), someone even gave me an audio clip of it (audio clip only, no video whatsoever). I wanted to post here, but I afraid I might cause copyright infringement (on the other hand, I was thinking of posting it in Tiffany Grant's BTVA page).

Across from that, I'm planning to buy the Little Busters anime in Blu-ray.
Oct 28, 2013 11:18 AM

Jul 2013
DarkPaladinX said:
Also, I can confirm that Kud Noumi is given a cute Russian accent in the dub (cute is a VERY subjective word), someone even gave me an audio clip of it (audio clip only, no video whatsoever). I wanted to post here, but I afraid I might cause copyright infringement (on the other hand, I was thinking of posting it in Tiffany Grant's BTVA page).

Across from that, I'm planning to buy the Little Busters anime in Blu-ray.

FUUUU man.. i wanna watch it.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 28, 2013 6:23 PM

Aug 2008
You could tell greg was just shoe-horned into his role and didn't even audition properly for it as any normal voice director could tell his voice doesn't even remotely fit Masato. Don't get me wrong, greg is a good actor but his voice just doesn't fit certain characters. Especially not this solid snake voice he's trying to put on to make his voice lower.

Though the weakest link is Riki, no questions asked. Probably trying too hard to put on the boy voice so all the character and acting is lost.

This dub makes me feel so sad just like the kanon dub. And this is coming from someone who liked the Clannad dub alright.
hyperknees91Oct 28, 2013 6:36 PM
Oct 29, 2013 3:34 AM

Jan 2013
This dub... it's just painful to listen to. Komari is the only one who doesn't sound completely out of place. And I guess Mio was kinda ok...
Kud's voice acting takes the cake for being the most messed up -_-

I never realized that a dub can mess up an anime this much...
Oct 29, 2013 10:10 AM

Dec 2012
This dub leaves a sour taste in my mouth... The actors are all bad, Kud's 'russian accent' is beyond terrible and Riki... dear god... I understand he's meant to sound kind of feminine, but it's just... blegh. It made me realise how absolutely amazing Yui Horie is for the role. She's sounds feminine and masculine at the same time with that voice. In the dub, he just sounds like he's eleven.
Oct 29, 2013 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Seano299 said:
This dub leaves a sour taste in my mouth... The actors are all bad, Kud's 'russian accent' is beyond terrible and Riki... dear god... I understand he's meant to sound kind of feminine, but it's just... blegh. It made me realise how absolutely amazing Yui Horie is for the role. She's sounds feminine and masculine at the same time with that voice. In the dub, he just sounds like he's eleven.

Well, to be fair, Riki actually suppose to look younger despite being about the same age as Kyousuke, Kengo, and Masato because he has narcolepsy (which makes it incredibly difficult for Riki to be physically fit). I know Riki is supposed to be a bit androgynous but I have to agree Shannon's voice acting as Riki isn't really that great (she actually made Riki sound too feminine if you ask me) Personally, I would have casted a male voice actor like Clint Bickham for Riki Naoe, but I say Greg Ayres as Masato IMHO, is a biggest miscast.

Also, I happen to like the Russian accent given to Kud Noumi since it fits into the "Russian" part of her. The matter of cuteness is YMMV, but I think Tiffany Grant pulled off the cuteness AND the Russian accent off on the character at the same really well.

Then again, I'm not accusing you of being a dub hater or anything.
Oct 29, 2013 1:25 PM

Jan 2013
DarkPaladinX said:
Also, I happen to like the Russian accent given to Kud Noumi since it fits into the "Russian" part of her. The matter of cuteness is YMMV, but I think Tiffany Grant pulled off the cuteness AND the Russian accent off on the character at the same really well.

Then again, I'm not accusing you of being a dub hater or anything.

That russian accent is a giant disservice. They gave Kud a character trait that she originally didn't have. I realize that they can't pull of Kud's engrish gags properly cause the dub IS spoken in english but that's not a reason to apply unneeded changes to the character. It's like the dub Kud is a whole different character entirely now.
Oct 29, 2013 2:00 PM
Apr 2013
So here's the voices I have problems with... Masato (Though to his credit, Greg Ayers is at least trying), Kurugaya (Can't quite put my finger on it, but the voice is off), Kengo (Voice isn't deep enough), Kanata (Haruka is okay though) and Midori (Mio is a perfect fit though) Yeah... other then that I am fine with everybody else. Riki, Kyousuke, Sasami, A-chan and Haruka are okay, Komari is way way way more better (The biggest problem was that Yanase could not do the serious parts well at all, so this was great.) Mio is a perfect fit, Rin is perfectly fine (I quite like Karbowski) and as for Kud, while I admit her voice will take some more getting use to, I thought it was just fine. Different, but it worked for me. So five bad and nine good so to speak.

Oh and no "One frame Rin falls down in episode 9" anymore!
MCALOct 29, 2013 2:46 PM
Oct 29, 2013 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
Naoki-Saten said:

That russian accent is a giant disservice. They gave Kud a character trait that she originally didn't have. I realize that they can't pull of Kud's engrish gags properly cause the dub IS spoken in english but that's not a reason to apply unneeded changes to the character. It's like the dub Kud is a whole different character entirely now.

Kud is still Kud, The dub gives her a Russian accent to fully highlight her "foreigner" status, which I think is a compensation for the difficulty for the Engrish scenes. This is a similar reason why I trying to push for a KINMOZA! dub (a completely different anime that Sentai Filmworks licensed) where two particular British girls in the main cast are given British accents.

Of course, if you are still bothered with the Russian accent on Kud, there is still the original Japanese audio where they didn't even bother with the accent. You have the right express your distastes, but there is always the original Japanese audio that you can enjoy if you don't like the dub. Just don't go bashing others for other people's anime watching preferences. Dubs don't "ruin" shows because there is always the original audio. It's just there for people who prefer watching anime dubbed (like me).

Note that everything is subjective here and is YMMV. I find the accent to be cute, you may not.

The only voices I have problems with is Riki Naoe and Masato Inohara. I'm planning to buy the Blu-Ray for Christmas gift and I'll give my full opinion on the dub next month or two.
Oct 29, 2013 10:28 PM

Apr 2012
I like the dub but what's the point of adding kun, san and chan? It's making me cringe at times. But so far the only thing that i'm not liking is Kanata's english VA(Although i'm sure it's the same VA with Haruka). It's sounds too deep for my taste.

RedgraveGilverOct 29, 2013 11:24 PM
Oct 31, 2013 1:49 PM

Jun 2013
If anyone wants to see episodes 1 through 13 dubbed go to http://www.cartoon-world.tv/little-busters
:)
Nov 2, 2013 8:08 AM

Dec 2011
SakurasouBusters said:
If anyone wants to see episodes 1 through 13 dubbed go to http://www.cartoon-world.tv/little-busters

welp, i started watching the first episode of the dub and as soon as i heard, "Kyousuke has returned!" i just couldn't go on (sounded horrible lol)....but later checked out other parts, some voices are alright, but in all, its good for a laugh.
The_StewardNov 2, 2013 8:18 AM
Nov 4, 2013 1:52 AM

Sep 2012
Kyousuke has re-tuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnned. Couldn't help it xD
Nov 6, 2013 8:20 PM

Oct 2013
SakurasouBusters said:
thanks, but i dont think this is allowed on MAL
Jan 9, 2014 6:07 PM

Aug 2013
HEY is the entirety of the series dubbed yet?! I was planning to start watching this series sometime soon.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Jan 10, 2014 6:39 AM

Jul 2013
StillSwingin007 said:
HEY is the entirety of the series dubbed yet?! I was planning to start watching this series sometime soon.

Sentai Filmworks is releasing collection two in april
この世界には。。。秘密がある

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.