Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kurokami Episode 3 Discussion

Jan 26, 2009 4:07 PM

noteDhero said:
I don't know, he's better than Takumi from Chaos;Head.

At least Takumi had the excuse of being obviously insane. Keita can't even make that claim. It seems like he's a regular guy who just sucks harder than most.

Jan 26, 2009 4:12 PM

At the end of the day, was he really insane? No, he was made to believe that because he lacked real memories. He suffered from dumbness.

Jan 26, 2009 4:46 PM

draker said:
The synchro scene made me laugh a lot.
Dropped.

My thoughts exactly

Jan 26, 2009 4:56 PM

noteDhero said:
At the end of the day, was he really insane? No, he was made to believe that because he lacked real memories. He suffered from dumbness.

Heh, well, I suppose I should say that Takumi's universe was more poorly constructed than Keita's. If I was in Takumi's position and had to deal with "Ir2" and shit, I'd break down from the realization that the universe was created by a B-grade sci-fi writer.

Meanwhile, Keita's universe isn't quite so inane (yet). The "Doppeliner" thing is weird, but not devastating. Since he has it easier than Takumi, I expect more from him.

Jan 26, 2009 5:19 PM

You have a point there, but by episode 3 we didn't think it was that ridiculous in C;H. This could have just as much sci-fi cheesiness, and I'm starting to smell gouda.

Jan 26, 2009 5:39 PM

I think it's going to get worse too, but it's not likely that it will get as ridiculous as Chaos;Head. I mean... nothing (except maybe Scientology) is as ridiculous as Chaos;Head.

Jan 26, 2009 5:43 PM

HAHAHAHA!

They should totally make a show about those "religious" tales.

Jan 26, 2009 5:46 PM

As long as Wakamoto Norio gets to play Galactic Emperor Xenu.

Jan 26, 2009 5:50 PM

Jan 26, 2009 5:52 PM

This show i s really becoming hard to swallow, I hope it gets better but it isn't looking too good. (I liked chaos;head, though, minus the last episode and a half.)
The animation is good, but at the same time it just doesn't seem to connect. Seems like it's having the same problem as kannazuki (but less pronounced).

Jan 26, 2009 6:36 PM
That was just... horrible.

/drop

Jan 26, 2009 8:40 PM

Why is this show getting compared to Chaos;Head? They're both totally different shows with totally different story's. There was a point/reason to Takumi being bat shit crazy in C;H, however theres not a point for this main character to suck hard and be stupid as a brick wall. He literately stands there with his hand in the air yelling out FIGHT HIM! You cant even really compare him to Yuji from Shakugan no Shanna either since Yuji actually did useful stuff.

Now I wont go as far as to say that this show is horrible, but I will say that it's not as interesting as other shows out right now. I don't think it can get any worse at this point though. If anything it will stay the same all the way through and just leave people with a bad taste in their mouths.

Jan 26, 2009 9:21 PM

DeathfireD said:
Why is this show getting compared to Chaos;Head?

It's not, really. It's more of a debate whether Takumi or Keita sucks harder.

Jan 27, 2009 12:22 AM

naikou said:
DeathfireD said:

No protagonist sucks more than Takumi... I still remember the time he saw the new girl drop on the stairs and didn't even bat an eyelid and just walked on (-_-)...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 27, 2009 4:29 AM

This show is going downhill. First ep was pretty cool. Second was ok. This was like...really bad directing or something. It was a bit of a mess. Like for example...when the teacher is on top of Kuro, beating her in the face, and Keita is...standing at the doorway all like "no sensei! why are you doing this? im a fag!"
Another thing that stood out was when those same three were running through the school building or something...and there was no background music. It just made it feel incomplete.

Anyway, I don't see this getting better unfortunately. Especially with all the cliche's so far, Kuro being waaay too happy and food-obsessed for my liking, Keita being unbelievable typical and retarded, and also the fact that it reminds me too much of Shakugan no Shana, which was also gay.
Modified by simo000, Jan 27, 2009 4:38 AM

Jan 27, 2009 7:14 AM

I despise Sunrise to new levels, wtf are they thinking? If there are more school episodes then the director should meet the business end of a gun. The first episode was bearable despite the changes due to the action sequences, mood, and music. This had none of that along with a HORRIBLE synchro sequence. I just don't know what to think as I like Kuro and the manga enough to stick with it to see how badly they butcher it.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata

Jan 27, 2009 8:53 AM

Master_M2K said:
naikou said:
DeathfireD said:

No protagonist sucks more than Takumi... I still remember the time he saw the new girl drop on the stairs and didn't even bat an eyelid and just walked on (-_-)...

That was pretty bad, but it's not as bad as standing around looking confused while a teacher repeatedly slams his fists into a girl's face...

Jan 27, 2009 10:05 AM

I kind of feel like they're cramming the whole story down our throats in just 3 episodes. Doppleliners, roots, tera, exceed, contracts, synchro idk. i feel like its just rushing through what everything is and it's meaning is. The fight scenes are well choreographed but plain and are basically street fights with sparks on the ends of their punches; it reminds of DBZ with with people flying everywhere from a punch and "movements so fast they're blurs". And not to mention the whole "Have the will to defeat your opponent and then we'll kick this guys ass" is really dull. I'm giving it one more episode and then I'm probably dropping it.

Jan 27, 2009 10:20 AM

I'm disapointed with the show, really, I follow the manga and I like that, they are making things too diferent in the anime, for ppl who doesn't know, Keita is a little different in the manga, also, he has gotten better in the manga, so probably in the anime he will too

Jan 27, 2009 4:09 PM

Good episode, had some decent action it it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 27, 2009 6:02 PM

i totally lol'd over the synchro scene.
no kurokami fight scenes beat the kallen vs suzaku one though, sunrise, you are amazing.
i agree with whoever says that keita is a terrible main character.... the dog had to help him out to figure out what to do.... just because he lost his mother when he was young doesn't mean he needs to be stupid.
so kuro technically showed keita her boobs..... no, she did show him her boobs.... i guess she lacks common sense. she is still fucking awesome though.
kuro's outfits = fucking great.
the synchro scene also reminded me of sailor moon for some reason... the red characters + green background make it look kinda shitty.

oh well, time to go back to the manga.... now i know this won't be as awesome as the manga is claimed to be.... *sigh* i had hopes... crushed by sunrise it seems....

Jan 27, 2009 6:36 PM

My reaction to this episode..

23mins episode felt like an eternal torture.

Guess this is going to be the most disappointed series of this season... I think Keita is the sole reason of why this show is giving a bad taste. Bad move from sunrise to change his personality. But I'll continue watching it and hoping it will improve later on...

Jan 27, 2009 7:24 PM

naikou said:
Master_M2K said:
naikou said:
DeathfireD said:

That was pretty bad, but it's not as bad as standing around looking confused while a teacher repeatedly slams his fists into a girl's face...

I have to agree with naikou on that one. Who stands there watching a teacher continuously beat the living shit out of a girl lol? That made Takumi look far more better as a person then Keita lol.

Jan 27, 2009 8:22 PM

if someone is getting beaten up in front of you, no matter who it is, do you just stand there? that was a bit annoying. why is he blaming her anyways, its his own fault he got involved.

finally, whoever the caretakers of this system are, they must have been sleeping on a job, if regular people know about it. i guess those who seek power will always find a way to find it.

Jan 27, 2009 8:47 PM

DeathfireD said:
naikou said:
Master_M2K said:
naikou said:
DeathfireD said:

I have to agree with naikou on that one. Who stands there watching a teacher continuously beat the living shit out of a girl lol? That made Takumi look far more better as a person then Keita lol.

Yeah, I have to agree with you guys.. I was going "wtf!? Why are you just standing there!?" Totally awkward, and rather a stupid scene.

The first two episodes were pretty good, but this one definitely brought Kurokami's rep down a bit. But the manga was pretty good, so I'm still going to watch it. Hopefully it gets better.

Jan 27, 2009 10:50 PM

Keita: Uhm, teacher? Why are you doing this?
Teacher: Shut up and let me work.
Keita: But teacher! Why are you doing this?
Teacher: Sigh..can't I beat the shit out of her in piece?! I'm doing this coz i'm evil goddamnit! how many times do i have to tell you to understand, sunshine? Now where was i? *punch*
Keita: Oh i see.. hmm.. but i should probably do something.. let's see..
Dog: Use the damn fire-extinguisher!
Keita: ... Oh, right! I'll put out his flaming fighting-spirit with this!
Dog: I meant bash his f*in head in! God, you're hopeless..

Jan 28, 2009 2:58 AM
Anime Moderator
Kvakond said:
Teacher: Sigh..can't I beat the shit out of her in piece?! I'm doing this coz i'm evil goddamnit! how many times do i have to tell you to understand, sunshine? Now where was i? *punch*

LOOOOOL

This is a joke :)
Im so sad cause the first episode was so fucking great. It was the first 10/10 that i scored almost 3 years now at MAL(10/10 for first ep i mean).In addition it was the only anime i had hopes for this season. But it turns out its goona epic suck... Well at least other animes that i had no hope for turns out to be good.

Jan 28, 2009 3:58 AM

Wasn't a good episode, but not super bad either. Quite average for me. Keita's "lol let's just look at her getting the shit beat out of her for two minutes doing nothing" pissed me off.

Jan 28, 2009 12:14 PM
This episode wasn't as good as the 2 previous ones, but it was OK. Keita is indeed quite similar to Takumi, but at a certain point even more retarded. Well, we'll just what happens, i'm not dropping this...

Jan 28, 2009 6:46 PM

Looks like Keita's somewhat like an asshole. He's just watching Kuro getting her ass kicked. I thought he's going to bash the teacher's head with the fire extinguisher but.. what the hell are you doing?

Anyway, a so-so episode but I'll watch this till the end because I'm interested with the plot and Kuro.

Kvakond said:

LOL

Jan 29, 2009 11:33 AM

Opening is still awesome, I like it everytime more and more !
It's such a shame that the quality of animation has gone worse :/ And this serie is still going to be dropped soon... I don't know if I can handle 24 episodes of this...

Jan 29, 2009 10:45 PM

I know that manga is different to the anime even though, I haven’t read the manga yet. After I watched the third episode, Good episode but the quality was dropped a bit to me, at least. However, it didn’t bother me at all. Keita was little annoying to me after I watched the teacher beats up to Kuro. I'm interested in this series because of plot and Kuro.

Jan 31, 2009 4:14 PM

Even the school is filled with members of the evil Tribal End..

Battles aside, Kuro was eatting raw ramen? I wouldn't eat something like that unless there is nother better to eat. Raw ramen actually tastes awful..

Feb 2, 2009 12:52 PM

this is turning out to be one of my favorite new anime shows of the season! (much better than Akikan. Seriously? A Melon Soda Magical girl? I guess some people have truely run out of ideas! Or really, REALLY likes melon soda!)

I like Kuro cause she's really cute, innocent, naive, funny, but gets the crap beat out of her on a daily basis! And her dog is just so cute!

And uncooked ramen... mmm.... thats some goooooood stuff! (kidding!)

Feb 2, 2009 6:59 PM

RyoHazuki224 said:
much better than Akikan.
Uhm.. how can you compare Kurokami to Akikan? Or why would you?
RyoHazuki224 said:
this is turning out to be one of my favorite new anime shows of the season!
Go watch RideBack

Feb 3, 2009 9:35 AM

maxime1007 said:

Synchro scene magical girl-ish suck. I'm not against that tough it doesn't fit at all in Kurokami...

That was what spoiled this episode for me. Other than that, it was fun to watch.
I had no expectations for these series from the beginning and I didn't read the manga, that's why I can just watch it. Or not watch it =)

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^

Feb 11, 2009 12:50 AM

I rarely drop any anime series I start, but this episode is really pushing me in that direction. Lame Keita, animation drop, lame synchro sequence, dull fight scenes. I don't think I need to say anymore.

I'll probably give it another episode or two to redeem itself.

Feb 13, 2009 12:56 PM

I didn't really like the episode, but it's kinda cute how the story is developing, with Kuro getting used to living normal ^^

But I have to say, I didn't like the fighting scene at all, it looked like not much effort was put in to it and also had no feeling(?) hope it gets better though...

Feb 14, 2009 10:04 PM

There's nothing to say that hasn't been said already, I didn't like this episode. I found Kuro somewhat annoying and Keita stupid for standing there and not doing anything. You'd think the baddies would go after him for once to threaten Kuro with.

Feb 14, 2009 10:07 PM

Sylpheed said:
Looks like Keita's somewhat like an asshole. He's just watching Kuro getting her ass kicked. I thought he's going to bash the teacher's head with the fire extinguisher but.. what the hell are you doing?

Anyway, a so-so episode but I'll watch this till the end because I'm interested with the plot and Kuro.

Kvakond said:

LOL
Hahhaa, exactly.
That was a weaker episode, I didn't like the magic transformation scene and hope he'll actually do something in later episodes rather an just be her battery.
Modified by aero, Feb 14, 2009 10:10 PM

Mar 31, 2009 1:23 PM

Keita's an annoying little boy, isn't he? ._.

I figured it was common sense that if they shared power, he would... get some too.
If I was Keita, I'd friggin' LAUNCH myself at that teacher and punch him in the face instead of telling Kuro to do it.
...Kuro's kind of like his Pokemon, isn't she? :D ♥

Plus, lol, if I saw a fire extinguisher, I'd.. probably hit the guy with it, not.. spray him. ._.
I half expected Kuro's flame punches to be ineffective because of his crappy fire extinguisher bit.

Akane looks like she's.. way older than Keita, so I definitely didn't expect jealousy.
Although maybe since she's so close.. y'know. But if she likes him ROMANTICALLY, then.. she was probably a shotacon when she met him. :'D
At least, I would be. Little!Keita was adorable in the pictures.

Also, I had a creepy boyfriend who ate ramen raw, so that scene caused awful memories. ._.

Yeah, animation quality went down, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed. Especially that pole scene.
On a related note, I actually thought the music-less fight scene was great, since it made her seem more powerless and totally contrasted with the fight scene when Kuro and Keita were synchro'd. :D

Also, wait, Kuro wears shorts?
I thought that was always a cleverly-placed Shadow.
Maybe they just bought her some in this episode. ¦D;
i am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Apr 21, 2009 3:27 AM
Kuro is becoming more and more interesting, it is if she been starving the whole time to think EVERYTHING is delicious. Sucks that Kuro is weak right now due to the contact she formed and can only be strong when Keita wants to fight. The syncro scene last to short. T_T

May 20, 2009 10:59 PM

Sylpheed said:

Kvakond said:

LOL
LMAO!

Dec 16, 2010 6:47 AM

boring

Dec 26, 2010 6:57 PM

draker said:
The synchro scene made me laugh a lot.
Dropped.

i did too. it was really the thing that ruined the episode. the fight scene also seemed a lot duller.

Nov 27, 2013 2:09 AM

Well this episode was interesting she got her ass kicked but she turned around n kicked his ass in less hits then it took him that is just sad.

Apr 30, 2016 4:51 AM

I feel like the quality just decreased .
I wonder if they can get it interesting as the series goes on .

Apr 30, 2016 4:57 AM

I feel like the quality just decreased .
I wonder if they can get it interesting as the series goes on .

Jan 6, 9:11 PM
I dont know if it was the slow pace of this show, the Gantz like premise and artstyle, or the overall overly convultudness of this plot but I think i'm gonna drop it from here

Pages (2) « 1 [2]