Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (22) « First ... « 20 21 [22]
Sep 17, 2016 8:24 AM

May 2014
waalex11 said:
Oh you're talking about the 17+ version ... Hmm. Nah I'll continue waiting for the 18+ version.

I have seen the animes, so I've been spoiled of the story of Meikyuu and Rakuen already. And yeah, I say read the 18+ or don't read, lol. The first season of the anime isn't terribly loyal to the VN, in fact it mixes all the routes in only one and then it puts the VN aside and comes up with a new finale. But for the few spoilers I have read on this thread, I don't think it deviates as much to the other 2 VNs.
Sep 17, 2016 11:34 AM

Dec 2009
Ishikami said:
waalex11 said:
Oh you're talking about the 17+ version ... Hmm. Nah I'll continue waiting for the 18+ version.

I have seen the animes, so I've been spoiled of the story of Meikyuu and Rakuen already. And yeah, I say read the 18+ or don't read, lol. The first season of the anime isn't terribly loyal to the VN, in fact it mixes all the routes in only one and then it puts the VN aside and comes up with a new finale. But for the few spoilers I have read on this thread, I don't think it deviates as much to the other 2 VNs.
I'd rather play the full experience of the VN then watch the innacurate anime. ... I don't want to have a wrong impression from the anime. First season I still didn't complete yet. Probably after I complete Sachi's route so it doesn't spoil me her route. Maybe watch the movie. Get a glimpse of Yuuji's infamous past with his master.
Sep 17, 2016 4:08 PM

Dec 2010
waalex11 said:

I've gone through both versions on Kajitsu and Meikyuu. And the main story is unaffected. Despite Sekai Project announcing that they will alter the dialogue while avoiding the sex scenes, it's not too great of a diversion to be a game-changer.

For example, just before a scene moves into the naughty stuff, instead they sub in: "We enjoyed the rest of night together," and then it jumps to the bit when it's over. It honestly still fits within the context of the story, but it's not going to affect your feelings toward any of the characters.
Sep 17, 2016 4:25 PM

May 2014
AOS- said:
It honestly still fits within the context of the story, but it's not going to affect your feelings toward any of the characters.
On Kajitsu at least, the H-scenes didn't have any effect at all on the story, they were just fan service. We all must admit that we enjoyed that fan service, though, and reading the next novels without it feels like your mom caught you reading it and forbid those the characters from doing that in front of you... It's just weird.
Sep 17, 2016 5:08 PM

Dec 2009
AOS- said:
waalex11 said:

I've gone through both versions on Kajitsu and Meikyuu. And the main story is unaffected. Despite Sekai Project announcing that they will alter the dialogue while avoiding the sex scenes, it's not too great of a diversion to be a game-changer.

For example, just before a scene moves into the naughty stuff, instead they sub in: "We enjoyed the rest of night together," and then it jumps to the bit when it's over. It honestly still fits within the context of the story, but it's not going to affect your feelings toward any of the characters.
I thought that might be the case but ... I don't want to miss out on anything. Because. In some form or extent, to me it adds to the story and I enjoy. They're making love to each other while talking in between or before in foreplay or whatever and I enjoy that, so I don't want to miss it at all.

Maybe I'll get it over with. Play that version and then replay it once it's fully translated with the H-scenes.
Sep 24, 2016 1:59 AM

Dec 2009
Finally got 100% tonight. I think Sachi was my least favorite if not Yumiko's route.
I had tears a few times.

But as a character I don't exactly love her. Definitely my least favorite. ... I don't especially like her formal polite way of speaking or responses. It's kinda bland.
I'm not saying I hate her but overall I don't exactly like that. I love her the most when she's in bed or a little when she's playful as her 'real personality' or direct in her own cute sexy way but. I also got a few things I don't like at times. Her jealousy is a little too much. How she used to be very cold or cruel at times (to Michiru) -hated that. Although it was kinda funny, rarely. The way Yuuji has to bring her to the extreme is a tiny bit unsettling. Destroying the school I can understand but ... almost choking her mother to death is- crossed the line for me. Not that it gave me that bad of a impression because then I just forget about it and accept her new growth which I'm obviously happy for.

Personality wise ... as a ... very formal, sorta reserve, maid-like in general is not appeasing to me. But her story is very interesting and how she's changed. Heck, I love her child self more than her "insane" maid-self. I like and accept her 'real self' but ... still kinda love her more energetic and lively kid self... as a person in personality. In other words. She's not the most attractive in personality to me.

Her story was ... probably the second less intense out of all the routes I think. Don't really remember Yumiko's so- Sachi's is probably the most less ...intense. Which there's nothing wrong with that. For what it was, it was powerful in it's own way and level. Loved that part of it. And it was a nice change to not be as dramatic as the other ones and have a little more 'couple moments' so to speak than the other routes. ... But yeah. That's my opinion for Sachi's route.

The process of her fear, to overcoming it, her dark past. It's all great. Just her personality ... and ... I don't know if it's just because she's my least favorite but ... for some reason it's hard to feel Yuuji really loves her.

Amane even though she forces herself at first as a dept of his dead sister, than falls in love with him. She's just such a great woman with more than obvious care and love for her friends and Yuuji. You literally fall in love with her.
Makina is a little hard with how immature and petite she is but. And with the whole papa thing. But. You still feel it in a way. To go that far to face her mom like that, and. Man. Michiru's is kinda forced, with how it started and how she can't get it off her mind and how they 'pretend date' to ease her selfish suffering of sorts at first. Well, she's my favorite personality-wise for sure. So I'm biased on her, haha. Don't know what else to say or how to prove their love but. He saves her (like all the girls) ...nvm idk how to explain it.
... Yumiko. Kinda same thing. He helps. Saves her in such a big way. Well, like all of them he saves them in his own way, each differently in different levels.

... Yeah I guess it's because she's my least favorite that I can't see them as a couple. Haha.
Sep 25, 2016 2:31 PM

May 2014
Amane's route was the least unbalanced, for it showed the trauma, a reason to get close to Yuuji and her eventual love. Her after-story was by far the best, too, and she felt to me the one that would be most healthy pairing for Yuuji.

For Michiru, the major problem was her annoying personality. She looked not like an air-headed silly girl, but downright retarded, at times. She was already hard to deal with because of her trauma, and doubly so because of her dumbness, with her loudness just getting even more on my nerves. To that regard, Sachi got some points with me because she knew how to deal with that annoying false-blonde and how to tease her without her noticing. By the end of the route, although it was the shortest one, I was already glad to be free of that burden, I don't know how to deal with people that dumb.

About Sachi, I neither particularly liked nor disliked her route.
Her maid personality also was interesting to me because at times I couldn't tell if she was just being the oblivious maid or if she was purposefully teasing people, while hiding behind her strange personality, it felt like she found a way to be a bully and be the "perfect girl" at the same time. The problem with this route was only that is was normally uneventful then suddenly took pretty grave turns (a small stumble on the pacing, that's all).

Yumiko was the one I could relate with the most.
Besides all that, there were quite a few unimportant moments that were boring on her route, could have had more development or been skipped.

Nothing to say about Makina, yet, still gathering courage to read her route.
Sep 25, 2016 6:41 PM

Dec 2009
Ishikami said:
Amane's route was the least unbalanced, for it showed the trauma, a reason to get close to Yuuji and her eventual love. Her after-story was by far the best, too, and she felt to me the one that would be most healthy pairing for Yuuji.

For Michiru, the major problem was her annoying personality. She looked not like an air-headed silly girl, but downright retarded, at times. She was already hard to deal with because of her trauma, and doubly so because of her dumbness, with her loudness just getting even more on my nerves. To that regard, Sachi got some points with me because she knew how to deal with that annoying false-blonde and how to tease her without her noticing. By the end of the route, although it was the shortest one, I was already glad to be free of that burden, I don't know how to deal with people that dumb.

About Sachi, I neither particularly liked nor disliked her route.
Her maid personality also was interesting to me because at times I couldn't tell if she was just being the oblivious maid or if she was purposefully teasing people, while hiding behind her strange personality, it felt like she found a way to be a bully and be the "perfect girl" at the same time. The problem with this route was only that is was normally uneventful then suddenly took pretty grave turns (a small stumble on the pacing, that's all).

Yumiko was the one I could relate with the most.
Besides all that, there were quite a few unimportant moments that were boring on her route, could have had more development or been skipped.

Nothing to say about Makina, yet, still gathering courage to read her route.
Totally agree for Amane. ... Michiru's I could kinda understand to some tiny extent but I see it as simple taste of personality. Nothing wrong with that.
For Sachi, yeah I agree that the story was less. ... Yumiko was great in her own way and its super fun to see her dere side. But I gotta replay it for sure to remember how much I love her.

Makina I love her most for her hilarious personality and dark past. She has it worse than Yumiko family-wise. Worse than Sachi too in a way.

... I gotta admit though it's amazing how Amane's dark past doesn't really affect her that much except for the feeling of debt to save Yuuji for Kazuki.
Pages (22) « First ... « 20 21 [22]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

265 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Jan 14, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.