Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 30, 2013 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
As the title says, a vn discussion topic for Grisaia no Kajitsu. Use spoiler tags whenever possible.

Since the English Patch for this vn was released last week, discuss!

How's everyone's progress on the vn so far? I'm currently on Amane (specifically, her backstory) and haven't completed any other route so far.
Pages (22) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 30, 2013 6:21 PM

Mar 2012
I'll be join discussion if I finish downloading this. Damn you slow internet.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 30, 2013 6:24 PM

Aug 2012
I finished Sachi, Michiru, and Amane so far...
And they were all pretty damn amazing.

Although I would say Amane's route is the best, and probably the one that is closest to the "true" end. Her flashback is just amazing, as is her ending. Heck, even her bad ending is relevant to the plot somewhat and beautiful as fuck.

I thought I wouldnt like Michiru, but after playing her route which was really dark and depressing, I came to like her.

Sachi was just cute. Her route was pretty emotional too.

Now the problem is, Makina and Yumiko are left...but after playing Amane's route which was just the best, its hard to move on.
Hidden_JokerJul 30, 2013 6:29 PM
Jul 30, 2013 8:39 PM

Dec 2011
Hidden_Joker said:

Although I would say Amane's route is the best, and probably the one that is closest to the "true" end. Her flashback is just amazing, as is her ending. Heck, even her bad ending is relevant to the plot somewhat and beautiful as fuck.

I thought I wouldnt like Michiru, but after playing her route which was really dark and depressing, I came to like her.

Now the problem is, Makina and Yumiko are left...but after playing Amane's route which was just the best, its hard to move on.

dafuq...? u have godspeed reading skill? or maybe monochrome memorization like her?

me still in common route

and thanks to you i will leave amanee's route for the last (won't repeat what happened with Rewrite (Akane's route far more superior than others so it's hard to move on (all but the true Kagari route)) again.
Jul 30, 2013 8:43 PM

Aug 2012
wuhugm said:
Hidden_Joker said:

dafuq...? u have godspeed reading skill? or maybe monochrome memorization like her?

me still in common route

and thanks to you i will leave amanee's route for the last (won't repeat what happened with Rewrite (Akane's route far more superior than others so it's hard to move on (all but the true Kagari route)) again.
I barely sleep and especially recently cuz of this VN, I have been sleeping even less/ none...
Hidden_JokerJul 30, 2013 8:49 PM
Jul 31, 2013 4:54 AM

Dec 2011
so... I used Meikyuu and Rakuen as okazu and from the CG it seems both are prequels and Rakuen even seemed like it happened during the time Yuuji haven't come to Mihama, so no protag?
Jul 31, 2013 6:24 AM

Aug 2012
Both are sequels I think, but they explain the past and whatnot.

And..yeah. The cg's from those looks amazing. I WANNA PLAY EM
Jul 31, 2013 1:43 PM

Jan 2011
Well, I finished Amane's route a while ago.
If I could describe the route in a word, it would be "intense". Angelic Howl (Amane's backstory/trauma) was disturbing yet well done enough for me to continue reading on and on. Her bad ending was complete in a sense although it cuts off a bit quickly. The True Ending was tearjerker (at least for me) but it wrapped up her route very nicely.

If there's one complaint I have with this series so far, it's the pervertedness ahahaha//.. although it's justified with Amane since

Now onto Yumiko's route!
Jul 31, 2013 11:40 PM

Jul 2013
To clarify VN wise, Meikyuu focuses on the MC's past with side-stories/after stories for the routes that were in first game.
Rakuen is the third in the trilogy and is the 'true route' taking place after the first game (chronologically), where his past catches up to him. If you liked the first one, you'll like the rest even more.
Jul 31, 2013 11:58 PM

Aug 2012
Audiodelus said:
To clarify VN wise, Meikyuu focuses on the MC's past with side-stories/after stories for the routes that were in first game.
Rakuen is the third in the trilogy and is the 'true route' taking place after the first game (chronologically), where his past catches up to him. If you liked the first one, you'll like the rest even more.

I saw some CGs for the sequel games...and I wanna play them so bad. Time to resume my jap.
Aug 2, 2013 3:59 AM

Aug 2012
Finished the Makina and Yumiko routes.
Yumiko route seemed to be the most generic route of all, lacks a certain degree of darkness compared to the other routes, but still, sweet. Plus, Yumiko's dere is truly something to behold. =w=

Now Makina's route...this is where I get slightly iffy.
While it did I guess reveal more information about Yuuji, I disliked the good ending.
Because (spoiler up ahead)

And Makina's bad end...wow holy shit that was something indeed.

Overall score: 10/10.

Game finished, even all the bad ends.
._.
Finished it in less than one week. I feel all empty inside now that im done.
Now what do I do with my life.
Aug 2, 2013 6:02 AM

Nov 2010
Hidden_Joker said:
Finished the Makina and Yumiko routes.
Yumiko route seemed to be the most generic route of all, lacks a certain degree of darkness compared to the other routes, but still, sweet. Plus, Yumiko's dere is truly something to behold. =w=

Now Makina's route...this is where I get slightly iffy.
While it did I guess reveal more information about Yuuji, I disliked the good ending.
Because (spoiler up ahead)

And Makina's bad end...wow holy shit that was something indeed.

Overall score: 10/10.

Game finished, even all the bad ends.
._.
Finished it in less than one week. I feel all empty inside now that im done.
Now what do I do with my life.

Wow that's pretty incredible, to finish this game in a week O.O

I'm still wondering which route I should take first...
Aug 2, 2013 8:18 AM

Jan 2011
Rinji- said:
I'm still wondering which route I should take first...

If you're limited in time or want a taste in one of the best routes, I suggest:
Amane/Makina > Yumiko/Michiru/Sachi > Makina/Amane
if you want to end Grisaia in a high note.

If you want to read the routes so that each gets better and better, I suggest:
Yumiko > Michiru/Sachi > Amane/Makina
I heard that Yumiko's route was the weakest while Amane's and Makina were the strongest.

Of course, if you get an idea of what heroine's route you really want to do, you can always go for her route instead of following the above XD
Aug 2, 2013 10:44 AM

Nov 2010
Thanks for the suggestion
Then, I think I'll go with Yumiko first.

Am I the only one who wants a Chizuru route? :)
Rinji-Aug 2, 2013 11:15 AM
Aug 2, 2013 11:45 PM

Aug 2012
Rinji- said:
Thanks for the suggestion
Then, I think I'll go with Yumiko first.

Am I the only one who wants a Chizuru route? :)

I might have seen a CG of her in the sequels...
Aug 3, 2013 7:01 PM

Nov 2010
OOOOOOH AMANE!
Aug 4, 2013 7:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
First of all it's worth mentioning that Grisaia is insanely long playtime-wise. (Finished on friday, took me a full 6 days clocked at something like 83 hours total) That being said it still doesn't have a true ending, which is kind of a shame. (Although maybe the sequels will do something about that)

The best part of Grisaia is probably the heroines themselves; with the exception of Yumiko (who's too damn antisocial to be entertaining) they're all extremely funny and light-hearted. Makina and Michuru especially are some of the best characters I've ever seen to be honest.

As far as routes go, Amane's and Makina's kinda wiped the floor with the other three. The former reminded me a lot of Lord of the Flies, not something you'd generally see in a VN, but very thrilling to be sure. Makina's kind of went all over the place: it's probably the longest character route I've ever played, but oh so enjoyable, partially due to her amazing personality and partially due to how intense the plot development turned out towards the end.

Michuru's route felt a bit... lonely I guess I would say, but also very original. Not exactly your typical tsundere. Sachi's felt very normal on the surface, except for one little detail that keeps fucking shit up. Yumiko... well honestly I never liked her so my opinion of her route might be a bit biased but it felt like the weakest one in that regard as well. There is no "true" route out of these, but if I had to pick one I'd say Sachi's felt closest to be one, with Amane in second.

The art/graphics is top notch. The user friendliness and extras aren't the best I've seen but still very good. (I especially liked the standard scene replay and wallpaper/system sound features) The soundtrack is great as far as background music goes, although there is no single track that really stands out as something you'd want to add to a playlist.

In the end though, the main strength of Grisaia lies in 4/5 of the heroine cast, and indirectly just how enjoyable the game is on a lighter level. It's actually pretty damn hilarious at times. The romance/ero aspects aren't that highly emphasized, but they don't really feel lacking either; it's quite clear that that wasn't the main focus of the game. Grisaia is not going to go down in history as one of the absolute best VN:s out there (Like MLA, Ever17, G-senjou etc) but it's probably the best one I've played that doesn't have a true ending.

I'm looking forward to the sequels.

Story - 8/10
Characters - 10/10
Art - 10/10
Sound - 9/10
Enjoyment 10/10

Story x3 + Characters x2 + Art + Sound + Enjoyment x3 = 93/100
HaXXspettenAug 4, 2013 9:25 AM
Aug 4, 2013 9:26 AM

Nov 2010
I've to agree with most of the people here.
Amane's route was amazing...
Aug 4, 2013 1:58 PM

Jun 2011
So far I only finished Amane's route. I just went with the flow on this one and ended up picking her first, and her route was absolutely amazing!

I'm already a bit afraid of continuing with other routes because I find it hard to believe they'd be better ^^'' I guess I'll go for Yumiko's route next, due to curiosity.
I'm not sure if I'll touch Sachi's route, not really interested in that, but I might check hers and Michiru's as well.
I wouldn't really have interest in Makina's route but since so many people are praising it, I guess I'll leave it for last for good after taste :)

But enough of that, I absolutely loved Amane's route! <3 ^^
Aug 5, 2013 11:08 PM

Jan 2010
Pyr0 said:
So far I only finished Amane's route. I just went with the flow on this one and ended up picking her first, and her route was absolutely amazing!

I'm already a bit afraid of continuing with other routes because I find it hard to believe they'd be better ^^'' I guess I'll go for Yumiko's route next, due to curiosity.
I'm not sure if I'll touch Sachi's route, not really interested in that, but I might check hers and Michiru's as well.
I wouldn't really have interest in Makina's route but since so many people are praising it, I guess I'll leave it for last for good after taste :)

But enough of that, I absolutely loved Amane's route! <3 ^^

Sachi's route is pretty good and you'll understand why she acts like a "robot"
Aug 6, 2013 6:55 AM

Nov 2010
I'm not really sure if I want to go with Amane's bad ending now...
After that perfect good ending...
Aug 6, 2013 7:31 AM

Aug 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Grisaia is not going to go down in history as one of the absolute best VN:s out there (Like MLA, Ever17, G-senjou etc) but it's probably the best one I've played that doesn't have a true ending.

Well, I heard that the two sequels serve as a sort of true ending, with Meikyuu dealing with Yuuji's past among various other things, and Rakuen wrapping everything up nicely. So, that's probably good news for you. ^^
Aug 6, 2013 7:41 AM

Jan 2011
Rinji- said:

Amane's bad ending is depressing, especially what happens. But it's fulfilling in its own way.
I suggest you to read it, at least to the point where
since I heard that it's important to the sequels.
Aug 6, 2013 8:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
AngelicHowl said:
HaXXspetten said:
Grisaia is not going to go down in history as one of the absolute best VN:s out there (Like MLA, Ever17, G-senjou etc) but it's probably the best one I've played that doesn't have a true ending.

Well, I heard that the two sequels serve as a sort of true ending, with Meikyuu dealing with Yuuji's past among various other things, and Rakuen wrapping everything up nicely. So, that's probably good news for you. ^^

Yeah I've heard so as well, doesn't change the fact that Kajitsu specifically doesn't have one though.

Pointed this out elsewhere, but I feel like the Grisaia trilogy design is kind of the direct opposite of the Muv-Luv trilogy. In ML we start out with two short games with multiple endings and no true route, and end up with a third game several times the length of the other two with a completely linear design which wraps everything up. In Grisaia we start out with a crazy long game with multiple endings and no true route, followed up by two comparatively short sequels to finish up the true story. (Or something along those lines I presume)
As far as creating a single, super-memorable VN out of these two designs though, MLA has the advantage of being last and thus being an epic conclusion, while Kajitsu has to bear the burden of being the mere startup, indirectly leading to its only weakness in my opinion, namely that you can't really give Kajitsu 10/10 for story despite how good it is in other categories.

Got a bit offtopic with the rambling but those are just some thoughts I've had in retroperspective at least. Still thought it was a great game though and definitely think the sequels can deliver.
Aug 6, 2013 8:20 AM

Nov 2010
dizzyworld2 said:
Rinji- said:

Amane's bad ending is depressing, especially what happens. But it's fulfilling in its own way.

Yeah... I should've listened to you...
It's pretty damn depressing...
Aug 6, 2013 8:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Rinji- said:
dizzyworld2 said:
Rinji- said:

Yeah... I should've listened to you...
It's pretty damn depressing...

That's why you should always do the bad endings first ^^
Aug 6, 2013 8:30 AM

Nov 2010
Aug 6, 2013 8:33 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
nothing whatsoever afaik asides from the dialogue at which it takes place
Aug 6, 2013 8:45 AM

Aug 2012
Rinji- said:

The first 3..choices was it? Dont affect anything... Here's a walkthrough.

http://forums.fuwanovel.org/index.php?/topic/1688-grisaia-no-kajitsu-walkthrough/
Aug 6, 2013 9:47 AM

Jan 2011
Hidden_Joker said:

http://forums.fuwanovel.org/index.php?/topic/1688-grisaia-no-kajitsu-walkthrough/

The first two? choices to help Sachi are a must though. I heard that if those two choices weren't chosen, you can't get into Sachi's route even if the choice to get locked into her route is chosen.

Anyway, I decided to take a break from Michiru's route (which I don't like so far *sigh*) and started Sachi's. Speaking of Michiru's route, (not really a spoiler)
Aug 6, 2013 10:21 AM

Aug 2012
dizzyworld2 said:
Hidden_Joker said:

The first two? choices to help Sachi are a must though. I heard that if those two choices weren't chosen, you can't get into Sachi's route even if the choice to get locked into her route is chosen.

Anyway, I decided to take a break from Michiru's route (which I don't like so far *sigh*) and started Sachi's. Speaking of Michiru's route, (not really a spoiler)

Ah, is that so? Then jsut choose the sachi-positive ones for every route. I did that and there was nothing wrong.

AND did you get to her past? Michiru's route gets progressively better. And i think she has the best CGs too (not H cgs, but as a whole). Best girl, IMO. Route wise, second.
Aug 6, 2013 11:01 AM

Jan 2011
Hidden_Joker said:
dizzyworld2 said:
Hidden_Joker said:

Ah, is that so? Then jsut choose the sachi-positive ones for every route. I did that and there was nothing wrong.

AND did you get to her past? Michiru's route gets progressively better. And i think she has the best CGs too (not H cgs, but as a whole). Best girl, IMO. Route wise, second.

Not yet. I think I'm getting close to there.

I'll continue on with her route then.
Aug 6, 2013 12:55 PM

Nov 2010
Shit... Seems like I didn't help Sachi on the first time so I couldn't get on her route...
I'll have to skip all the way from the first choice...
/Raping Ctrl
Rinji-Aug 6, 2013 1:06 PM
Aug 6, 2013 1:42 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
You know there's a Next button right? I.E. insta skips to next choice, only stopping for potential unread text (which there is pretty much none in the 99% linear common route)
Aug 6, 2013 1:47 PM

Nov 2010
HaXXspetten said:
You know there's a Next button right? I.E. insta skips to next choice, only stopping for potential unread text (which there is pretty much none in the 99% linear common route)

It's darkened.
Aug 6, 2013 3:07 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Rinji- said:
HaXXspetten said:

It's darkened.

Only when you've not read any further. If you've played through the common route once and reload a save back to the first choice you should only have a few lines of new dialogue to read through before you can insta-jump forward to the next choice.
Aug 6, 2013 5:16 PM

Aug 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Rinji- said:
HaXXspetten said:

It's darkened.

Only when you've not read any further. If you've played through the common route once and reload a save back to the first choice you should only have a few lines of new dialogue to read through before you can insta-jump forward to the next choice.

Or you could just...save right at the Makina lock in choice and when starting a new route, just load that save...
Aug 6, 2013 11:48 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hidden_Joker said:
HaXXspetten said:
Rinji- said:
HaXXspetten said:

It's darkened.

Or you could just...save right at the Makina lock in choice and when starting a new route, just load that save...

Well of course I did that, just meant if you somehow feel better doing the Sacchi-esque choices at the beginning when doing her route you can just jump forwards after that.

Speaking of saves, Grisaia is probably the only VN thus far where I've actually filled up all the save slots prematurely. Too much playtime/save yaw :/
Aug 7, 2013 6:20 AM

Jun 2012
OK so I've finished Amane's route. Damn it made me cry so much D:

I'm going for Sachi now , but I don't think I will do Yumiko's... from what I'm reading it doesn't seem worth my time :c
Aug 7, 2013 10:21 AM

Nov 2010
Meykkei said:
OK so I've finished Amane's route. Damn it made me cry so much D:

I'm going for Sachi now , but I don't think I will do Yumiko's... from what I'm reading it doesn't seem worth my time :c

Aug 7, 2013 10:29 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Just do every route of any high rated VN, how bad can it be really
Aug 7, 2013 11:01 AM

Aug 2012
HaXXspetten said:

Well, it's really personal choice. I usually dont play ALL the routes.

Although I DO admit, ALL of Grisaia's routes are pretty worth it.
Aug 7, 2013 11:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hidden_Joker said:
HaXXspetten said:

Well, it's really personal choice. I usually dont play ALL the routes.

Although I DO admit, ALL of Grisaia's routes are pretty worth it.

I go into it with the anticipation that it'll be good (or at least okay) even if I don't really like the heroine in question if the game is high rated. Then again many if not most top VNs have a true route which requires doing all the others in the first place.
Aug 7, 2013 12:21 PM
Aug 2013
this VN remind me to Muv-luv and G-senjou no maou, why?

but to be frank, the common route was kinda 'usual', well it just some funny high school gags. In fact i got bored to some chapters.
The tension went up after we entered the serious part of the heroine route, and the heroines' route just nothing left than awesome IMO

Anyway, dont you think amane's route a bit overkill??

leonnesAug 7, 2013 12:38 PM
Aug 7, 2013 10:05 PM

Aug 2012
leonnes said:

Well, it was slightly over the "normal" happy endings...
But that last after credits CG....oh man, the feels.
Aug 8, 2013 1:07 AM
Aug 2013
Hidden_Joker said:
leonnes said:

that CG is awesome but just too unreal IMO, it looks too figurative
somehow after i saw the ending, i still feel sad although it's a happy ending
leonnesAug 8, 2013 4:23 AM
Aug 8, 2013 1:12 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
leonnes said:
Hidden_Joker said:
leonnes said:

somehow after i saw the ending, i still feel sad because although it's a happy ending

I think VN character routes in general should rather stop with a happy yet open ending without jumping too far into the future. In fact I'd rather have the epilogue take place with next to no leap into the future at all: if you've followed every stepping stone of the development so thoroughly up 'til that point it just feels weird when it suddenly gets out of your hands so much and several years get summarized in a sentence or two.

It's better when they leave it up to the player to speculate about what kind of life they would live when the game ends.
Aug 8, 2013 8:33 AM

Dec 2007
HaXXspetten said:
leonnes said:
Hidden_Joker said:
leonnes said:

somehow after i saw the ending, i still feel sad because although it's a happy ending

I think VN character routes in general should rather stop with a happy yet open ending without jumping too far into the future. In fact I'd rather have the epilogue take place with next to no leap into the future at all: if you've followed every stepping stone of the development so thoroughly up 'til that point it just feels weird when it suddenly gets out of your hands so much and several years get summarized in a sentence or two.

It's better when they leave it up to the player to speculate about what kind of life they would live when the game ends.

Nah, I love it when you die with your Waifu out of old age. Best peaceful death ever.
Aug 8, 2013 8:39 AM

Aug 2012
DeadEnd201X said:
HaXXspetten said:
leonnes said:
Hidden_Joker said:
leonnes said:

Nah, I love it when you die with your Waifu out of old age. Best peaceful death ever.

It was kinda...sad, i admit. But still, the amount of feels was worth it. Absolutely beautiful ending.
Aug 8, 2013 8:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hidden_Joker said:
DeadEnd201X said:
HaXXspetten said:
leonnes said:
Hidden_Joker said:
leonnes said:

It was kinda...sad, i admit. But still, the amount of feels was worth it. Absolutely beautiful ending.

Well if it's like "they got married and had a kid" or "their careers developed like so while staying at eachother's sides" etc that's perfectly fine, rather I don't like the idea of having their entire lives played out until they're dead, all in a matter of minutes.
Pages (22) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

265 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Jan 14, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.