Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Space Pirate Captain Harlock Episode 2 Discussion

Jan 22, 2009 10:39 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode the sphere shaped objected crashed and in one of the most unlikely situations ever, saved Mayu from falling to her death.

This was of course after Mayu endured the torture of a really evil headmistress and her crony.
My anime list

Jul 19, 2011 11:25 PM

Those people basically torturing a child... pretty low...

Sep 23, 2011 4:39 PM

These first two episodes....have not been very good. It's been very generic and cheesy so far. Not liking it, but I'll keep watching.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Jan 2, 2012 4:50 AM

Poor Mayu. Adults abusing a child is pretty damn low I bet they wouldn't like it if they had to clean the church floor all day. >_>
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

Jan 7, 2012 4:03 AM

For a moment I thought they were going to kill her off, which would have been amazing, but alas...
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

Mar 24, 2013 12:27 PM

Looks like it's true that Harlock gets good after ~20 episodes. Not that it's bad, but it is a bit slow. Poor Mayu. I hope that fat headmistress died after that crash, but I doubt it. She'll probably be around for a while, torturing poor Mayu again.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"

Jul 24, 2015 5:59 PM

Poor Mauy but atleast she survived, hoping the other bastards that made her go through that died...

Nov 29, 2015 4:34 PM

It's indeed a miracle Mayu is still alive! But it's good she's still alive, she's super cute :3

Pretty interesting episode in general, I do wonder to where this development will lead the story!

Jan 17, 4:31 PM
So, our hero leaves a little girl with her tormentors, although he could have saved her easily, and says it's all for her own good. Yeah…

Jun 16, 10:54 AM

I'm not sure whether to nominate Harlock for the 1978 Gendo Ikari Memorial Trophy for Parenting (a bust of Eva Unit 01's head, possibly with a hand holding a tiny Gendo) or the headmistress of the school for the Miss Trunchbull Memorial Trophy for Excellence in Education.

Jun 25, 6:17 AM
The sound made by the Ocarina was beautiful. :)

I love how cheesy the whole situation with the spherical unknown object dropped into Earth with the narration. How the object landed on Earth reminded me of Sturm CO power from Advance Wars game lol. xD

Jul 27, 10:06 AM
The black sphere is pretty interesting and I'm surprised to see the plot moving forward as fast as it is. I was expecting more generic episodes of earth police chasing Harlock before any other third element (in this case evil aliens) reared their head. Totally enjoying this series and especially like Mayu's strength and endurance in the face of adversity, she's great!