Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2013 9:37 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Requiescat in pace, Ouki.
A great and touching chapter.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 24, 2013 6:23 AM

Oct 2009
Agreed. Ouki turned out to be such a great character!
Jan 27, 2014 6:34 PM

Jan 2012
its weird because at the beginning of the manga he looked like end series villain, with the big ugly lips. like a more menacing version of hisoka. but somewhere along the way i got really attached to him. was hoping hed live, but at least he went out in a great way.
Oct 13, 2014 1:23 PM

Aug 2010
RIP Ouki! U were such a great character (T^T)7 and what a BA way to die.

Shin inherited his spear? I wonder if he'll use it.

And Tou tightening his fingers so hard enough to bleed so he doesn't show emotions was BA!
Nov 12, 2014 2:17 PM

Oct 2012
T_T
Oct 9, 2015 2:16 PM

Oct 2013
I'm not going to lie, I shed a few manly tears. :( those words that Ouki said from his last breath hit me hard. I honestly thought he would have survive. Rip Ouki.
Dec 13, 2015 11:25 PM

Dec 2013
RIP Ouki you were a beast up until the very end

Dem feels in this chapter ;_;
Jan 13, 2016 2:50 PM

Dec 2014
Having watched the anime first, I knew he wouldn't make it :(
That is so sad. May he, Ouki, Great General of the Heavens and Monstruous Bird of Qin, and best character of Kingdom, rest in peace.
Feb 4, 2016 3:41 AM

Jun 2012
God damn, there are tears Q.Q what a great character, he got the death he wanted. Very touching. I'm hoping shin becomes a general quick time and kills riboku personally. This series is so good.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Mar 19, 2016 1:42 PM

Sep 2014
DAMNIT. I'm going to miss this guy! Shin better take all of Zhao's heads.
Jun 5, 2016 1:45 PM

May 2014
Goddamn, was Ouki a legend :(
I was so hoping he'd survive, why would I continue reading now :(
Aug 22, 2016 7:00 PM

Sep 2015
Ninah said:
its weird because at the beginning of the manga he looked like end series villain, with the big ugly lips. like a more menacing version of hisoka. but somewhere along the way i got really attached to him. was hoping hed live, but at least he went out in a great way.

My thoughts exactly
T.T
Sep 9, 2016 3:58 AM

Jul 2014
Well, there goes best general :(... hopefully the fucktard Moubou learns some things from this.
Oct 29, 2016 3:39 AM

Mar 2008
rip ouki.. amazing character :(
I'm sad he wasn't able to fully avenge Kyou in the end.. but at least they'll be together now :>
Feb 28, 2017 12:21 AM

Apr 2016
Didn't expect this manga would be this great. Ouki really earned my respect, at first i thought he'd be just some generic glory seeker bad guy who will be the Shin's greatest obstacle, but everything went on the complete opposite. I already sensed the death flag after his last meeting with Sei, but the author really did well on portraying the downfall of such great hero.

I really like how his subordinate Tou was able to maintain his composure while his body was on the verge of outbreak, this guy despite being just a side character but he somewhat caught my interest for his humor and being calm yet badass:

Even Moubu got some development, at first he looked down on Ouki and being butthurt all the time but as the war progress he continued to change his viewpoint towards Ouki. Ouki obtained a position as one of the great six gernerals for a reason, he is not only good at martial and tactic, but also at how to lead his men, and most of all, to gain respect from the people no matter what rank, position.

The final moment struck me really hard, the angle and brightness of this scene is perfect, making the scene bitter yet somewhat epic, glorious.. Ouki passed away while sitting on his horse, pridefully and respectably.

It is also touching to know who Ouki saw the moment he died is Kyou, they're now finally together. By saying "live by the sword, die by the sword", Ouki really reminds me of my most favorite character in Legend of the Galactic Heroes . I can see the relation in a certain degree, both man are really good at warfare be it strategy or martial art, inspiring and is capable of leading a massive amount of men into war and never show sign or fear. And they both died in doing what they've lived through most of their lifetime.

Anyway this manga is so awesome even though it's barely at mid stage (as the author claimed), this downfall of a great hero will also be an inheritance for Shin, which will be his stepping stone to strive to the fullest and achieve his goal.
CzeroCFeb 28, 2017 12:34 AM
Dec 13, 2017 1:47 PM

Nov 2016
From someone I didn't really like at first sight Ouki slowly developed into my favorite character of this manga. One word to describe this man would be charismatic, he inspired thousands and brought something in them in a way no other could have done it, his last moments and speech were very damn impactful and they gave me goosebumps.

Rip Ouki, what a sad loss.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 29, 2018 2:12 AM

Aug 2016
well, it was good while it lasted. He brough some great charm to the manga and was maybe the most charismatic character so far. I´m interested in how the rest of the manga will deal with that loss.
:v
Sep 27, 2018 7:15 PM

Dec 2015
Rest in peace bro T__T you deserve the rest.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 15, 2019 3:22 PM

Mar 2018
The levels of greatness this manga reaches are unbelivable. I don't think I've read anything better.

Ouki was without a doubt my favorite character, and even though he was suffocating under death flags for the last 20 chapters, I knew his death would impact me a lot. And it didn't fail.

The author really knocked it out of the park with his introduction and his look (those lips could create a religion), then he completly subverted the expectations by having him go from a final boss looking dude to main characters' mentor. It was incredible.

I almost feel like the manga could end here, since I don't see how Hara could do something better then what he did for the last 20 chapters.

Apr 21, 2020 7:50 AM
Apr 2016
Rest In Peace the great General of the Heaven Wang Qi
May 21, 2020 1:25 PM

Feb 2017
Rest in peace to a legendary man
Jun 30, 2020 1:03 PM
May 2020
What a legend... RIP great man
Aug 3, 2020 9:13 AM
Jul 2020
So ouki was Chinese general named Wang Jian in our reality.
Aug 4, 2021 2:53 AM
May 2021
AN END OF ERA good bye Ouki RIP
Aug 25, 2021 4:33 PM
Apr 2018
holy shit i have never cried this much reading or watching a series if at all in my life. Ouki was truly a goat of goats, how he died sitting up on his horse(reminds me of whitebeards death in one piece) and how he passed down his sword spear to shin and entrursting him with it(now that i think of it both ouki and whitebeard use the same type of weapon). my only regret is that ouki didnt get his revenge on houken fully to avenge kyouu.
shin better kill houken!!!
Sep 1, 2021 1:31 PM

Jul 2017
Such an emotional, powerful and crushing chapter this was, gave me chills after reading this one. Even more than the first 2 times I re-read this manga. I definitely loved and appreciated Ou Ki's character a lot more this time around than before, even with his limited appearances. Cause in those limited appearances, you could see how influential of a leader and a person he was, and how despite presenting an invincible stature to go with his infamous reputation, he was also frill on the inside with deeprooted anger still lingering with the loss of his fiancee to be, Kyou to Houken nine years ago along with previously the loss of King Sho who he respected to hell and back before he was given the ability to fly again with being able to serve an ambitious Ei Sei. Shin being thrown the glaive too made this so much more special. They didn't have the closest bonds ever, but Ou Ki well respected Shin as someone who aims to reach the heights that surpasses his own, and wants to pass on his legacy in that glaive to him so that he can grow into that Great General of the Heavens in the long run. A passing of the torch moment per say. Shin also was shown the views of what a general experiences and how he should develop towards the future to reach Ou Ki's level and beyond with practical experience and simple advice, so there was a role-model element there. I'm sad now. RIP Ou Ki.
Oct 6, 2021 6:31 PM

Apr 2013
This manga is just waterworks man, fuck!

Not only was Ou Ki strong and had enjoyable action sequences to watch unfold, his dialogue was unmatched. What a loss. Welcome to my favorites, RIP.
May 20, 2022 11:47 PM

Aug 2021
This chapter struck me really hard
Jun 21, 2022 7:19 PM

Apr 2018
Farewell the Great General of Heavens. Youngster Shin shall hereby inherit your will.

While it has only been a couple of days since I started reading it, this manga has surprised me in many ways T-T
Jan 23, 2023 5:09 AM
Feb 2022
Wow... Such a good character was Ouki, from all his dialogues and goofy laugh to his fierce battle instances, such a memorable way to go out and a huge loss on this story.
Mar 22, 2023 12:06 PM
Mar 2018
I'm at work right now and I all wanna do now is cry. Rest in peace Ouki with all of your foes, comrades, and beloved Kyou. I believe he was the greatest general this manga has shown so far and I really appreciated the groundwork his character laid for Shin and the story overall.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 794 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 17

6 by BumbleBeez »»
Yesterday, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 793 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 13

2 by rational_psycho »»
Yesterday, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 785 Discussion

Ramkec - Jan 22

6 by crocodileman94 »»
Apr 21, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 792 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Mar 31

3 by G_Spark233 »»
Apr 18, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 768 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Aug 23, 2023

18 by Dragona_8002 »»
Apr 14, 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.