Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Mahou Sensou' to Get Anime Adaptation (Confirmed as TV Series to Start Jan 2014)

New
Jul 27, 2013 10:10 PM

Sep 2012
In the Media Factory fan event "Bunko J Natsu no Gakuensai 2013" held in Akihabara today, it was announced that five light novels will be adapted into anime. One of them is "Mahou Sensou". The light novel started in November 2011 and so far 6 volumes have been published.

Official website: http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/mahousensou/

Source: Mainichi, AnimeAnime

Mahou Sensou on MAL
NaruleachAug 7, 2013 7:52 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 27, 2013 10:11 PM

Nov 2011
I'm very unfamiliar with this one..

Haven't read the LN and only read the first chapter of the manga.
Jul 27, 2013 10:14 PM

Nov 2008
I have raws for the LN but haven't got to reading it yet, looks like I should read it.

Jul 27, 2013 10:16 PM

Nov 2007
Haven't read the LN, but I guess I should soon.
Seems like it could be interesting with the LN name and the synopsis/DB picture.
EjcJul 28, 2013 1:07 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jul 27, 2013 10:21 PM

May 2009
Only read the first ch of the manga, but I guess it could be good, anyways, always looking forward to LN adaptations ^^
Jul 27, 2013 10:22 PM

Aug 2011
Four trash-titles announced at once. :\
Jul 27, 2013 10:25 PM
Jul 27, 2013 10:25 PM

Sep 2011
Wtf? 5 harem-ish moe-ish Light novels announced to get an anime at once LOL
Looks like the seasonly chart is gonna be even more filled with harems than it already was, dayum japan.
Jul 27, 2013 10:27 PM

Feb 2012
-Korban- said:
Four trash-titles announced at once. :\
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Jul 27, 2013 10:31 PM

Sep 2012
-Korban- said:
Four trash-titles announced at once. :
Which one of the five announced is not trash I wonder LOL LOL

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 27, 2013 10:37 PM

Dec 2011
Stark700 said:
I'm very unfamiliar with this one..

Haven't read the LN and only read the first chapter of the manga.

same.. but/ i never read the manga. lol
Jul 27, 2013 10:40 PM

Feb 2012
Illustrations look interesting. I wonder how the story would go though.
Jul 27, 2013 10:44 PM

Jan 2011
Stark700 said:

Woah woah woah woah woah okay now I'm interested.
[center]
Jul 27, 2013 10:44 PM

Aug 2011
symbv said:

Yeah, it's actually five. I just haven't noticed one of them.
Jul 27, 2013 11:03 PM

Sep 2012
-Korban- said:
symbv said:
Yeah, it's actually five. I just haven't noticed one of them.
And you failed to read my post carefully LOL

Jul 27, 2013 11:08 PM

Jul 2010
Fist reaction about that LN cover was "what's Homura doing here?". then i noticed it's a bit different. *i see too many fanarts*.
Jul 27, 2013 11:09 PM

Apr 2011
Art looks great. I don't know about the story though..
Jul 27, 2013 11:10 PM

Mar 2012
The only one out of 5 that I never heard of.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 27, 2013 11:29 PM

Nov 2008
You'd think with five announcements in a row, there'd be a little something for everyone.
Jul 27, 2013 11:34 PM

Jun 2013
Yvese said:
-Korban- said:

I'm with you there. I'm really fond of Madan no Ou and Blade Dance, no matter how generic they may sound to people. Its fine if anyone decides to pre-drop a series based on the synop but for some with their quick assumptions I feel like they're missing out.

Blade Dance I might see it happen but anyone would give disappointing looks with that synop. But for me, it's enjoyable to read and hopefully it'll be promising to watch. That's all.

As for me I'll give this adaptation a try but hope this turns out well.

symbv said:

Madan no Ou to Vanadis!
RicetaffyJul 27, 2013 11:38 PM
Jul 27, 2013 11:40 PM

Mar 2012
^Someone like Blade Dance same as me. What I like of it is the beautiful fantasy setting. And ofcourse I like Est enough to put her in my favorite character list and use her as my avatar.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 27, 2013 11:44 PM

Oct 2008
Ricetaffy said:
Yvese said:
-Korban- said:

I'm with you there. I'm really fond of Madan no Ou and Blade Dance, no matter how generic they may sound to people. Its fine if anyone decides to pre-drop a series based on the synop but for some with their quick assumptions I feel like they're missing out.

all five adaptations announced have barely-clothed loli girls on their novel covers, and they are all some variant of harem/ecchi/romance anime. they are all clearly trash.
Jul 27, 2013 11:47 PM

Mar 2013
Of the 4 I've read Madan no ou to vanadis is excellent, Mohou and Blade Dance are decent and Seikoku no Dragner some may like it but I find it really weak.

Jul 27, 2013 11:56 PM

Aug 2011
Synopsis said:
One day, however, he sees a girl wearing a uniform he had never seen before, who had collapsed on his school grounds. She is Aiba Mui and her appearance marks the beginning to a series of weird incidents. She once said, "to be honest, I'm a magic user and sorry... I turned you into one too."
Sounds cliche as hell.
Jul 28, 2013 12:01 AM

Sep 2012
BigSimo said:
all five adaptations announced have barely-clothed loli girls on their novel covers, and they are all some variant of harem/ecchi/romance anime. they are all clearly trash.
Because in your narrow mind harem, ecchi and romance are always equal to trash LOL Perhaps we should call this trash mindset LOL LOL

Jul 28, 2013 12:15 AM

Oct 2012
Only read the first chapter of the manga so far, but still seems some what interesting.

Jul 28, 2013 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
Sensou got animated before Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei? BS, complete and utter BS.
Jul 28, 2013 12:57 AM

Oct 2008
symbv said:
BigSimo said:
Because in your narrow mind harem, ecchi and romance are always equal to trash LOL Perhaps we should call this trash mindset LOL LOL

prove me wrong. find me an anime with those three genre tags that isn't bad.
Jul 28, 2013 1:00 AM

Mar 2012
BigSimo said:
symbv said:
BigSimo said:

Highschool DxD
Sora no Otoshimono
Jul 28, 2013 1:01 AM

Mar 2013
layfonkun said:
Sensou got animated before Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei? BS, complete and utter BS.

Different company...

Jul 28, 2013 1:06 AM

Aug 2011
symbv said:
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
You know you don't have an argument when you just say this over and over and over again.
Jul 28, 2013 1:08 AM
Jul 2018
Newhopes said:
layfonkun said:

Different company...

I'm aware of that, I'm just stating my frustration :P.
Jul 28, 2013 1:18 AM

Jun 2008
And all got a moe girl on the cover. WTF is it with them, so many unanimated great manga's which ended years ago yet they decide to animate some kind of garbage which no one has ever heard before.
DizzeeJul 28, 2013 1:22 AM
Jul 28, 2013 1:25 AM

Oct 2008
NeoAnkara said:
BigSimo said:
symbv said:
BigSimo said:

Highschool DxD
Sora no Otoshimono

highschool dxd is utter trash. just another otaku pandering ecchi-fest.
sora no otoshimono admittedly had its moments, but it ultimately never peaked above average.
actually, girls bravo is probably the only ecchi/harem anime i like, and that is solely because the english dub turns the script into pure hilarity.
Jul 28, 2013 1:28 AM

Sep 2011
BigSimo said:
NeoAnkara said:
BigSimo said:
symbv said:
BigSimo said:

Highschool DxD
Sora no Otoshimono

sora no otoshimono admittedly had its moments, but it ultimately never peaked above average.
actually, girls bravo is probably the only ecchi/harem anime i like, and that is solely because the english dub turns the script into pure hilarity.
Bakemonogatari.
Jul 28, 2013 1:29 AM

May 2013
Interesting.
Jul 28, 2013 1:40 AM

Dec 2012
Stark700 said:

Awesome! I'll definitely gonna check it out...
Jul 28, 2013 1:41 AM

Mar 2013
Appel_stroop said:
BigSimo said:
NeoAnkara said:
BigSimo said:
symbv said:
BigSimo said:

Highschool DxD
Sora no Otoshimono

Bakemonogatari.

I wouldn't bother he's not the type you should bother wasting your time arguing with.

Jul 28, 2013 1:50 AM

Oct 2008
Newhopes said:
Appel_stroop said:
BigSimo said:
NeoAnkara said:
BigSimo said:
symbv said:
BigSimo said:

Highschool DxD
Sora no Otoshimono

Bakemonogatari.

I wouldn't bother he's not the type you should bother wasting your time arguing with.

really, i'm that 'type' am i? is it so wrong that i provide commentary in threads such as this that are essentially a sign of the continued downward spiral of the anime industry? should i just move along and accept and be happy with the fact that crap like this and the four other announced shows continue to be produced even though they are just clones of a crappy formula that was designed simply to appeal to otakus who don't know any better?

point taken for bakemonogatari though. although i will argue that it can't even be compared to what is commonly classed under harem/ecchi. it is in another league.
Jul 28, 2013 1:58 AM

Feb 2012
BigSimo said:
Newhopes said:
Appel_stroop said:
BigSimo said:
NeoAnkara said:
BigSimo said:
symbv said:
BigSimo said:

Highschool DxD
Sora no Otoshimono

Bakemonogatari.

continued downward spiral of the anime industry

or fans these days have different taste compared to (your)the previous generations? Anime would have died long ago if it''s really spiralling down. I mean, who's buying all those BD/DVD?
Jul 28, 2013 2:04 AM
Mar 2013
BigSimo said:
NeoAnkara said:
BigSimo said:
symbv said:
BigSimo said:

Highschool DxD
Sora no Otoshimono

Madan no Ou

Deep and Solid Story.

much more complex story.
Jul 28, 2013 2:23 AM

Oct 2008
HauntingShock said:

or fans these days have different taste compared to (your)the previous generations? Anime would have died long ago if it''s really spiralling down. I mean, who's buying all those BD/DVD?

strictly speaking in terms of the types of anime being produced, there is a lot less variety lately compared with 10 years ago. Each new season brings along an increasing number of SOL all-girl moe shows, and the harem/ecchi/average highschool boy shows, yet there is less and less money in shows that escape familiar territory and have no regard for widespread appeal. As for dvd/bluray sales...that is part of the point i'm making. otakus are in general stupid and only care about fanservice and seeing the exact same concepts "reinvigorated" with nothing more than a fresh coat of paint aka same character types, same tired old cliches - only in a different setting (sometimes the same setting will do fine). thus, they continue to buy this shit because it is manufactured for one purpose - to cater directly to their lonely anime-girl-obsessed selves. they couldn't care less about anime as an artform. that is the sad truth.

hakazee said:

Madan no Ou

Deep and Solid Story.

much more complex story.

well i was referring more to anime. manga and novels are still rife with originality and quality, because almost anyone can write them if they want

Mod edit: merged a double post and spoiler tagged a quote tower; please use a spoiler tag if these become huge
koleareJul 28, 2013 8:14 AM
Jul 28, 2013 2:31 AM

Feb 2012
BigSimo said:

strictly speaking in terms of the types of anime being produced, there is a lot less variety lately compared with 10 years ago. Each new season brings along an increasing number of SOL all-girl moe shows, and the harem/ecchi/average highschool boy shows, yet there is less and less money in shows that escape familiar territory and have no regard for widespread appeal. As for dvd/bluray sales...that is part of the point i'm making. otakus are in general stupid and only care about fanservice and seeing the exact same concepts "reinvigorated" with nothing more than a fresh coat of paint aka same character types, same tired old cliches - only in a different setting (sometimes the same setting will do fine). thus, they continue to buy this shit because it is manufactured for one purpose - to cater directly to their lonely anime-girl-obsessed selves. they couldn't care less about anime as an artform. that is the sad truth.

You already realized it. What's this argument for?

Mod edit: spoiler tagged quote tower
koleareJul 28, 2013 8:15 AM
Jul 28, 2013 2:55 AM

Oct 2008
HauntingShock said:

You already realized it. What's this argument for?

my argument is that these adaptations will suck, and these types of anime are almost always bad, and i am sad that more and more of them are being made while less and less interesting, unique shows are produced. i started the argument because people were disagreeing with me about this. i wasn't wondering WHY these types of shows are successful - i already knew that.

Mod edit: spoiler tagged quote tower
koleareJul 28, 2013 8:15 AM
Jul 28, 2013 3:12 AM
Mar 2013
BigSimo said:

my argument is that these adaptations will suck, and these types of anime are almost always bad, and i am sad that more and more of them are being made while less and less interesting, unique shows are produced. i started the argument because people were disagreeing with me about this. i wasn't wondering WHY these types of shows are successful - i already knew that.

ah i see. you mean they are Generic.

emm, i don't know but the only one i am waiting for is Madan.
Jul 28, 2013 3:41 AM

Jul 2011
Finally one without ecchi !!! That's a good news!

But still...I'm not really happy with all these LN adaptations,they all seem pretty generic.
Jul 28, 2013 4:07 AM

Feb 2012

Do it somewhere else.
Jul 28, 2013 4:07 AM
May 2012
kuuurt said:
Why the fuck are these LNs getting anime adaptations for?! Damn it. Well, as long as it has hot chicks in it, I'm in.

Anyway, picking this up.

Dude, I'm with you.
Jul 28, 2013 4:29 AM

Oct 2008
HauntingShock said:

Do it somewhere else.

where else? this is an anime website. where else should i express my anime opinions?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 47 minutes ago

1 by JehadKun »»
15 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
54 minutes ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by deg »»
1 hour ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

22 by ZXEAN »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.