Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2013 6:04 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It is understandable that the refugees would want to get off the ship, but I have no idea why anyone would want to be dropped off in the middle of the desert. Those old people were born there so they should now how inhospitable those that land is.
Apr 24, 2020 12:10 PM

Aug 2017
That old man stealing bread from a kid was realy something. really illustrates the low supply situation well.

Char seems to have a problem with sunlight. It's nice though that the setting changed from a ball to a pool, fits the geography of the place better.
May 7, 2020 8:29 AM

Aug 2017
Rei_III said:
@St0rmblade "Char seems to have a problem with sunlight." Is it because of the sunglasses? Or do you mind reminding me about it?
About the tweaks, it's indeed nice to see how Yasuhiko took a better consideration of geography. (settings change, travels sequences modified, etc)

Partly because of the sunglasses. He mentions that strong UV rays are bad for his skin and eyes, because he's a spacenoid and because he has a burdensome bloodline.

----------------

@Rei_III

I think the fact that I'm reading them after the movie trilogy (and not after the TV series) might be precisely what makes them more enjoyable. I don't know which parts of the expanded material are entirely new and which are added/reworked from the TV, so it kinda feels more fresh and new. There's also a big role of coloring here, the comic-walker edition is really something, albeit unfinished as of now.
St0rmbladeMay 7, 2020 9:08 AM
May 7, 2020 8:48 AM

Dec 2015
@St0rmblade Oh, right, the "space weakness". It was also used as an excuse for his eyes colouration being different from what was expected if I remember well.
Thanks! (and good continuation of the books, glad you are liking them even by reading them right after the theatrical version

St0rmblade said:

I think the fact that I'm reading them after the movie trilogy (and not after the TV series) might be precisely what makes them more enjoyable. I don't know which parts of the expanded material are entirely new and which are added/reworked from the TV, so it kinda feels more fresh and new. There's also a big role of coloring here, the comic-walker edition is really something, albeit unfinished as of now.

Indeed, you had missed some bits like the civilians uproar in the begining. Nice to get a larger experience.
I didn't know they went on and colourized the B&W chapters o_O
(true, I just checked. This isn't painted by Yasuhiko and is rather digitally filled in , right?)

PS: two things you are missing, the often interesting postfaces by authors from the next generation (ex: Anno) and the inserted artworks.
Rei_IIIMay 7, 2020 9:59 AM
May 7, 2020 11:05 AM

Aug 2017
Rei_III said:

I didn't know they went on and colourized the B&W chapters o_O
(true, I just checked. This isn't painted by Yasuhiko and is rather digitally filled in , right?)

PS: two things you are missing, the often interesting postfaces by authors from the next generation (ex: Anno) and the inserted artworks.

I couldn't find any info on whether the coloring had been done by Yasuhiko himself, but I guess it's digital. Isn't it how basically every colored manga is finished? Coloring is vastly different from drawing manga, so other people do it. At least it's the case with other colored manga I'm aware of (Akira, Jojo). I can hardly believe that any mangaka has time and sufficient skill to color his work except for a couple of pages here and there.
May 7, 2020 11:24 AM

Dec 2015
@St0rmblade Then it's pretty successful in replicating the painted pages of the few "real" colour chapters. ^^
Akira was particular (an american publisher doing it). But yes, I guess. (I had no idea that fully colourizing a series was something common in Japan nowadays)
Thansk for the answers:
May 20, 2023 8:42 AM
Oct 2015
its really interesting how they made L.A California look like imperial britain, or france, or prussia. before I read gundam, I always thought it didn't even take place in our world, aka they didn't have our version of countries etc.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Chapter 14 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jul 28, 2013

2 by Lucifrost »»
Jul 26, 2023 1:14 PM

» I think zeon might actually be based on the soviet union.

Neostorm-X - May 31, 2023

1 by Neostorm-X »»
May 31, 2023 1:15 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Chapter 34 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Apr 28, 2014

2 by Neostorm-X »»
May 31, 2023 12:25 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Chapter 33 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 23, 2014

2 by Neostorm-X »»
May 31, 2023 11:58 AM

» full colour vs black and white versions?

Neostorm-X - May 20, 2023

1 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 20, 2023 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.