Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2013 12:11 PM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I can see how they mistook Yuki for Yurisha

Both sides took a hell of a beating. I've been wondering for awhile but maybe I forgot, how many people are on the Yamato? I know the show only focuses on a select ensemble cast but it seems like the number of personnel on the ship is never ending

To the very end, Dommel was a proud soldier who one can't help but respect even if the Empire he pledges his allegiance to isn't as noble as him. He did quite a number on the Yamato which I'm sure they won't be able to recover from easily/quickly.

Get your girl back Kodai! It's personal
HybridMBLJul 27, 2013 7:56 PM
Jul 29, 2013 1:30 PM

Mar 2008
I hope nothing bad will happen to Yuki *pray*

Yurisha is just as pretty as Yuki, but ...mmmm... let's just say I prefer Yuki :D
KaminaKaiJul 29, 2013 8:37 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2013 1:40 PM
Jan 2013
Well, it's gonna be a long wait for the next 2 episode.
Jul 29, 2013 6:20 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Baddie007 said:
Well, it's gonna be a long wait for the next 2 episode.

Well, not really, Nubles will probably sub them within the next few days.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 30, 2013 2:35 AM

Sep 2009
Hybridbloodszak said:

Both sides took a hell of a beating. I've been wondering for awhile but maybe I forgot, how many people are on the Yamato? I know the show only focuses on a select ensemble cast but it seems like the number of personnel on the ship is never ending

There was 999 people in the crew at the beginning (+one Iscandarian).
Aug 1, 2013 1:29 PM

Aug 2010
RebuildOfKam said:

Yurisha is just as pretty as Yuki, but ...mmmm... let's just say I prefer Yuki :D

Basically this.

I'd even go so far as to say that Yuria when she was possessed by Yurisha was cuter than the actual Yurisha.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Aug 6, 2013 1:43 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Wordsmith said:
RebuildOfKam said:

Basically this.

I'd even go so far as to say that Yuria when she was possessed by Yurisha was cuter than the actual Yurisha.

As long as we agree that Akira is the fairest of them all!

That was one hell of a battle episode. It totally had an old school feel to it (they completely disregarded that it was in outer space and made it like they were at sea).

I was happy to see Niimi redeem herself and helping the Yamato once again.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 6, 2013 9:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Marzan said:

(they completely disregarded that it was in outer space and made it like they were at sea).

To be fair they were in a very dense nebula, which makes it more similar to a sea battle :)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 22, 2013 2:14 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

A little less exciting than the previous one, sometimes it is right in saying that in episodes lens and preparatory, tension and pathos are growing at a phenomenal, more than those full of action and subsequent to the preceding, it is here we have an example. Not that the episode is bad, only I could not get involved 100%, nice battle and the great characters brought to the field, this time the bespectacled petulant manages to be an MC along with many others, with its cannon well directed, so mine is just a small clarification, which wanted to make public! LOL
Good entertainment and impeccable designs, vote more than most, there is still bored with this production, more good news! Hooray.
Sep 22, 2013 6:17 AM

Dec 2012
1 word >.> Epic
^^
Oct 14, 2013 3:12 AM

Apr 2012
Epic battles, GAR admiral and this episode is pretty much great!
Nov 10, 2013 4:25 AM

Apr 2013
epic fkin battle
TaoholicNov 10, 2013 5:39 AM
Dec 26, 2013 7:46 AM

Oct 2008
Out of all the episodes, this was just epicist!
Jan 7, 2014 2:28 AM

Jan 2013
Damn the Yamato is so resilient. It takes at least 100 times more shots to sink than any other space ship.

This was the best episode yet.
Jan 30, 2014 6:12 PM

Jul 2010
RediceRyan said:
Damn the Yamato is so resilient. It takes at least 100 times more shots to sink than any other space ship.

This was the best episode yet.

Agreed.
Feb 9, 2014 4:46 AM
Feb 2014
A great episode but, I didn't like the way Domel was handled. Not his sacrifice, because he was not only a loyal soldier but also left no other choice (with his wife's life at stake) but the way they've made his and his crew's sacrifice so pointless. Apart from a few dents, the Yamato took no damage from the explosion. I wish the damage had been more extensive, like in the old series, where the lower portion of the hull was completely teared apart with the damage reaching up to the middle portions of the hull.

This way, it was just pointless and without any impact. Yes, this is how life often is, but then again, this is not real life but a show.
Apr 27, 2014 9:54 AM

Jun 2010
Niteshady said:
I wish the damage had been more extensive, like in the old series, where the lower portion of the hull was completely teared apart with the damage reaching up to the middle portions of the hull.

If I'm remembering correctly, didn't that damage disappear by the next episode? Doesn't that make it pointless anyway on top of being a little hard to swallow that the repairs were that easy?
Jul 7, 2014 5:48 PM
Jan 2014
Great. I must say far I am liking all episodes.
It is hard to admit it but i felt sorry for dommel and those others who aren't pure blood garmillas. But well thatiy life. Actually I was exoecting Merla Dietz on the battle ground. Something like a final with Akira. Yamato was lucky that Sanada repaired the wave motion just in time.
On the other hand I am quite wonderinb about Iscandars agenda and what dessler knows about it. Speaking of which..what is always with that music when he gety screen time...enhancing sexiness.
I guess this episode Kodai realized he has to get back yuri, I feel sorry for Akira, but she is so badass..she will get over him.
Sep 17, 2014 9:59 AM

Apr 2014
I think this might be the best episode so far. Also, how did the Yamato survive so many shots if it didn't have its shield on? Are Terron ships better defensively?

Also, the only Garmillans that I like died.
your waifu is shit
Oct 6, 2014 1:44 AM

Dec 2013
HybridMBL said:

To the very end, Dommel was a proud soldier who one can't help but respect even if the Empire he pledges his allegiance to isn't as noble as him. He did quite a number on the Yamato which I'm sure they won't be able to recover from easily/quickly.

Get your girl back Kodai! It's personal
I agree. It seems like Yamato just refreshes every episode. All damages are repaired, even extremely extensive ones. To be honest it's a bit unrealistic. They're making it seem like Yamato is immortal. For example last time when Domel almost destroyed Yamato the next episode Yamato turned out unscathed..I mean where do they get all the material for repairs not to mention time and personnels. And yes they seem to have neverending personnels. This episode we see many get blown up or sucked into space...and several times before. However the deaths of these personnels not only DON'T have any psychological effect on the cast but it doesn't even seem like they are worried about lack of personnel AT ALL.
However, as many people said, it is a show and they only have 26 episodes to give a very large large story. Since they give us Kodai and Mori, all's forgiven.

With that being said...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MORII!!!!!! Go get her back Kodai!!!!! Go get your girl!!! God I hope they don't do anything to Mori otherwise I'll be burning my PC.
Oct 23, 2014 7:20 AM

Nov 2013
By far the most impressive episode yet. So many casualties... it will surely get more intense now.
Mar 20, 2015 10:36 AM

Jan 2014
gg Domel
Anyway, that was one hell of an episode. Looking forward to finishing this. And re-watching it again.

ep 14 tho
creepy ass shiz
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Apr 18, 2015 3:37 AM

Nov 2012
yamato too stronk as always. domel was a good opponent.
i hope nothing happens to yuki D:
May 2, 2015 6:16 PM

Sep 2010
R.I.P Domel you were my favorite anime commander. T^T

I hope cute guy is okay after being shot by the enemy inside Yamato.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 17, 2015 5:26 PM

Feb 2008
Fronzel said:
If I'm remembering correctly, didn't that damage disappear by the next episode? Doesn't that make it pointless anyway on top of being a little hard to swallow that the repairs were that easy?

Pretty much this. I did like how the damage was great in the original, but better have small fixable damage than big damage that gets fixed on Japanese spirit alone.

Half of the episode was original to the remake, but the final Domel moment felt identical to the original.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 4, 2015 10:57 PM

Mar 2012
I love how Yuki just let that chick get behind her lol
Dec 22, 2015 5:13 PM

Apr 2013
Most epic battle so far, was expecting the Yamato to take a LOT more damage though. It's such a tank! It survived two fighter attacks, that drill, an infiltration op, a full on battleship head-to-head and a suicide bomber attempt :o

Domel was a great commander, loyal to the very end. R.I.P.

Yuki got kidnapped. Rescue mission next? This is so intense!

5/5
Jan 6, 2016 1:42 PM

Jan 2014
Roloko said:
R.I.P Domel you were my favorite anime commander. T^T

I hope cute guy is okay after being shot by the enemy inside Yamato.

Ghale Domel!

Truly a great "villain" if you could call him that. I wonder whether we get to see any more about his family history. How his wife came to support the rebels, how she's not a first class Gamillan, how they lost their kids.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 9, 2016 6:22 PM

May 2012
Ah great this episode, but I must say that I totally prefered the original version of this, the drill part and the suicide explosion of Domel was a lot better in the original!

Still one hell of an epic episode, let's see what's next.
May 10, 2016 6:10 PM

Aug 2014
How are you guys saying this was the best episode is beyond me, I couldn't enjoy this episode even for a sec.
The whole story is getting ridiculous, the plot armor and the illogical progression of the events are preventing me from enjoying this anime anymore.
If it wasn't for a few more episodes i would've dropped it.
The whole battle in this episode was bullshit, the so called strategy "trick" was lame.
So Yamato Vs an Empire and Yamato wins, wow this is good writing.
Yamato takes a lot of damage and tadadaa!! it still wins and fights like nothing happened, this is too much i can't take it.

I really enjoyed the first 14 or so episodes, but after episode 14 it went downhill, and this is one of my worst episodes of Yamato.

Not to mention the OST is basically the same, its so boring like this.

BAD Episode.
Aug 22, 2016 7:32 AM

Aug 2016
Klassical said:
How are you guys saying this was the best episode is beyond me, I couldn't enjoy this episode even for a sec.
The whole story is getting ridiculous, the plot armor and the illogical progression of the events are preventing me from enjoying this anime anymore.
If it wasn't for a few more episodes i would've dropped it.
The whole battle in this episode was bullshit, the so called strategy "trick" was lame.
So Yamato Vs an Empire and Yamato wins, wow this is good writing.
Yamato takes a lot of damage and tadadaa!! it still wins and fights like nothing happened, this is too much i can't take it.

I really enjoyed the first 14 or so episodes, but after episode 14 it went downhill, and this is one of my worst episodes of Yamato.

BAD Episode.

I totally agree. This Episode along with Ep 15 & 18 are examples for very bad writing.
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Sep 3, 2016 8:47 PM

Feb 2016
That settles it. If I ever had to flee the solar system as a refugee, I'm taking the Yamato. I believe Hercules also took the ride and is protecting the ship.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Sep 10, 2016 5:56 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
HybridMBL said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

So similiar they fooled me previously, both very beautifull, though this Yuriska has a more dignified personality of hers, than Mori. I like Mori more still.

In every battle there is always someone get sucked into outer space, so yeah, they seem to come unlimited.

I like Dommel ever since his first appearence, I still dont get it, about his wife, like was she betraying anyone, without even her husband knowledge??
Oct 19, 2016 9:22 PM

Jun 2009
Oct 25, 2016 5:40 AM
Jul 2018
I already knew Domel was going to die, there were flags left and right, but it was sad none-the-less. I'd be lying if I said his self-sacrifice didn't move me (although it didn't really do anything, but he's dead so he doesn't need to fret about that).
Feb 22, 2017 10:29 PM

Mar 2013
Visuals in this episode were strikingly beautiful!!! Very good and exciting episode
Apr 27, 2018 11:41 AM

Aug 2014
Farabeuf said:

Agreed! Also an Akira fan here. I wish we got more scenes with her. Too bad we only see her when the air fighters are involved.
Apr 27, 2018 12:40 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ankylar said:
Farabeuf said:

Agreed! Also an Akira fan here. I wish we got more scenes with her. Too bad we only see her when the air fighters are involved.

I can see you're a man of taste with Revy as your avatar and liking Akira too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 12, 2018 9:11 AM

Nov 2011
Narration well structured under the plan of war tactics, I appreciated both the strategy of Domel, almost impeccable, but also that of the commander Okita that as a deus ex machina, solves the situation by putting the opponent close, however also the contribution given from Kodai, Akira and not only in the battle, it's engaging to see. The icing on the cake is the arrival of Yurisha, who totally displaced me, wow! The thing that I liked the most is that in the battle, there are many characters who die, although they are fairly known elements, this makes their death more melancholy. I wonder if the toothless old man was saved, he was nice after all.
Mar 1, 2019 12:20 PM
Aug 2018
I still don't get who or what Yuki is. And how does the enemy know / assume that she is an Iscandarian?

Just because they look alike? Did they get that intel from that single episode when that psycic woman invaded the ship?

That abduction plot was silly for my taste. Remember how many security people they had during the mutiny episode? What took them so long do react and deal with a handful of foes? Why wasn't Yuki on the bridge as radar operator? She was there almost constantly during the whole show. Now, convenient for the enemy, she isn't. And what a coincidence that, on that huge ship with hundreds of crewmembers, they run into her. Sigh.

And back then Yurisha said she found her "sister". How could Yuki be an Iscandarian?

The first Iscandarian that was sent to earth was that Yurisha, who was in a coma for months. (Btw. I am surprised that she suddenly got out of her Cryo-pot, as if she wasa alright, although a few episodes prior the doctor was kinda concerned about her health, if I remember correctly.)

The second Iscandarian was the one who landed on mars and died there.

They never mentioned that a third one came to earth. I hope they unravel the mystery around Yukis amnesia and who / what she actually is.
Aug 5, 2019 12:53 PM

Dec 2015
GHALE DOMEL!

RIP

Anyway, this battle is better than the Yamato vs 10k fleet bullshit previously.

And good thing the Hound still around.

I hope Domel wife will be free eventually.
Jan 2, 2020 5:03 PM

Aug 2017
Wow, I didn't expect Domel to die so early, he was...promising. But eh, war is cruel.
The battle was pretty epic. I liked the dogfights.
However, I'm disappointed with the lack of the submarine in the battle. Why didn't it help with fire? According to one of the previous episodes, we know that it can launch torpedoes and all that. I believe it could've finished Yamato. Why didn't it happen?

tr25a3 said:
I still don't get who or what Yuki is. And how does the enemy know / assume that she is an Iscandarian?

Just because they look alike? Did they get that intel from that single episode when that psycic woman invaded the ship?

That abduction plot was silly for my taste. Remember how many security people they had during the mutiny episode? What took them so long do react and deal with a handful of foes? Why wasn't Yuki on the bridge as radar operator? She was there almost constantly during the whole show. Now, convenient for the enemy, she isn't. And what a coincidence that, on that huge ship with hundreds of crewmembers, they run into her. Sigh.

And back then Yurisha said she found her "sister". How could Yuki be an Iscandarian?

The first Iscandarian that was sent to earth was that Yurisha, who was in a coma for months. (Btw. I am surprised that she suddenly got out of her Cryo-pot, as if she wasa alright, although a few episodes prior the doctor was kinda concerned about her health, if I remember correctly.)

The second Iscandarian was the one who landed on mars and died there.

They never mentioned that a third one came to earth. I hope they unravel the mystery around Yukis amnesia and who / what she actually is.

The abductors thought that Yuki was an Iscandarian (see that she's shown not only in her regular yellow suit, but in an Iscandarian one too on their display). So her abduction was NOT convenient, it would've been convenient if they captured Yurisha. And no, Yuki is 100% not an Iscandarian as established before, she just looks like one and lost her memory because of the car accident. There're 3 Iscandarians in the show: Yurisha (sleeping inside the ship, awakened now), Sasha (on Mars), Starsha (on Iscandar, the main one).

P.S. Hmmm, I've skimmed through the equivalent episode of the original (ep 22 of Yamato), and there was no abduction plot.
St0rmbladeJan 2, 2020 5:44 PM
May 27, 2020 2:39 AM

Nov 2011
Fierce, fierce battle. I'm actually really surprised they ended it in just 1 episode, was hoping Domel would be some perpetual enemy they faced again and again till the final episode, brave of them to make it one big battle. Really admired the conversation between the two captains at the end, a lot of respect for each other, in another situation they might have been friends. As usual there was a tad bit of plot armor for the Yamato, it took so many hits and while there was damage and crew members died, Domel's ship in comparison fell a bit too easily for my liking.

Yuki being kidnapped is huge now, where do they even begin to look for her. Can't wait to see the interesting things we'll learn from Yurisha.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 6, 2021 1:49 PM

Jul 2020
Damn this episode was badass in a lot of ways, the crew trying to save Yuki, the badass commander and the end scene between Kodai and um..... Yuki? I hope she's easier to understand soon
Jan 19, 2022 2:17 PM

Jun 2020
Wow a lot happened in this epic episode. Felt sorry for the caualties of Earthlings and RIP Domel.
Sep 14, 2022 4:54 AM
Mar 2021
This anime is like Star Trek but even better.
Oct 30, 2022 6:52 AM
Jun 2014
I knew this kidnapping was going to happen since the first or second episode. Japanese never fail to disappoint. Apparently main heroines need to be kidnapped to make a good story, never knew. Happens all the time.

But did the kidnapping have to be this terrible? She was literally just strolling the corridors under a massive attack not doing anything. She's always on the bridge when stuff happens, now she was just walking around. Be more clever writers from the 70's!
Feb 3, 2023 10:34 AM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
Noooo they killed off the cute second-class Gamillan tomboy ;-;

Nearly every likeable Gamillan bit the bullet this episode. D;

Epic fight, and a moment that really stuck with me from the original anime. Very good overall, but I will say I felt Dommel's suicide was executed in a slightly more impactful way in the original. Still very good though.
Beep boop

More topics from this board

» OP Singers of TV Airing ver.

tsubasalover - Mar 16, 2013

9 by Serhiyko »»
Mar 29, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HybridMBL - Sep 29, 2013

175 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 20, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HybridMBL - Sep 15, 2013

54 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 20, 8:58 AM

» Having real problems sticking to this show.

shurryy - Dec 25, 2014

9 by Millodin »»
Feb 12, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

27CansOfTuna - Mar 10, 2013

59 by Merolae »»
Nov 21, 2023 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.