Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 29, 2013 11:27 PM

Mar 2012
After seeing how truncated the set-up ended up being in episode three, I had very little inclination to keep watching, but I gave it a go and I actually ended up liking this episode more than the first three. This series is better when it explores its setting and does some world-building than when it's trying to be profound about death, happiness, and human relationships. I really enjoyed seeing the colorful, lively, yet slightly unsettling city of Ortus. The transitions between different atmospheres in this episode were also quite nice. I like the new direction here.
Jul 30, 2013 2:44 AM

Oct 2012
so how does Pox/Rex pee, take a shower and reproduct?

I miss Kizuna. Kiriko is fine so far. damn that Princess.

3 new characters

put me in a nice mood, I'm guessing another emotional rollercoaster is gonna come
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jul 30, 2013 3:26 AM

Sep 2011
That mood change... Wtf. Also Ortus seems like one dangerous city. We'll probably get some fights soon :D.
Jul 30, 2013 3:42 AM

Nov 2012
could anyone be bothered to explain to me how ai's mum had the capacity for emotion but scar doesnt? i'm confused hehe^^
Jul 30, 2013 3:43 AM

Nov 2011
It feels like I'm watching a movie every week.
Jul 30, 2013 9:17 AM

May 2010
Hmm nothing much happened but at least Ai and Scar cuteness is enjoyable ^^
Jul 30, 2013 9:50 AM
Jan 2012
Big change in the mood this episode... liking this anime more and more each episode... One of the surprises of the season imho
Jul 30, 2013 10:07 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
kampante said:
could anyone be bothered to explain to me how ai's mum had the capacity for emotion but scar doesnt? i'm confused hehe^^
I assume that is part of the story plot and will be "explained" at the proper time.
Jul 30, 2013 10:14 AM
Oct 2012
Cratex said:
kampante said:
I assume that is part of the story plot and will be "explained" at the proper time.

Plus, we only have it from Hambart that gravediggers have no emotions, and he has been proven wrong before (in particularly that Ai couldn't be a gravedigger). I think both the task of burying people and the impulse to do so would make one emotionally hardened, however that isn't the same thing as saying they lack that capacity for emotion. And I think we have seen that Scar is certainly capable of emotion, no matter how much she represses it (or that coming into contact with Ai is starting to cause her to have emotions - another definite possibility).

The ambiguity on this is what makes this show fun to watch, in that this writer does answer these questions creates the expectation that we will discover the meaning for this (though perhaps not in this season).
Jul 30, 2013 11:08 AM

Oct 2011
Beautiful scenery. I still miss Kizuna

I wonder how she will save all those people? The princess will help her maybe?
Jul 30, 2013 11:12 AM

Mar 2011
Tekakurika said:
Hey, somebody who read manga will that Humpty Humbert or smt will be back? Cuz its difficult to believe that he really died. Well, because o'mon he was one of the best characters xD

i also don't think he's actually dead. he seems like too big of a character to just kill off early on.. but that's just my opinion.

anyways, this was a good episode. the new city gives off a very cool, but mysterious vibe with all the masquerading dead. very interested to see where this goes
Jul 30, 2013 12:07 PM

Sep 2011
Niyari said:
Tekakurika said:
Hey, somebody who read manga will that Humpty Humbert or smt will be back? Cuz its difficult to believe that he really died. Well, because o'mon he was one of the best characters xD

i also don't think he's actually dead. he seems like too big of a character to just kill off early on.. but that's just my opinion.
Hes really dead. Ai put him to rest which is the only way to die in this world

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 30, 2013 2:24 PM

Sep 2010
Wow, I'm really loving this show so far. :D The story, the artwork, ai, even the ost, I'm loving it all. XD
Can't wait for the next episode.
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Jul 30, 2013 3:14 PM
Nov 2012
I really love the art in the anime <3
I'm starting to think I like the blue haired dude better when he's drugged -_-
Jul 30, 2013 8:08 PM
Mar 2009
Yeah, artwork has some really beautiful spans in this episode,
and the new character (blue-haired guy Kiroku(sp?)) is interesting,
silly at times but very serious and level headed.

That van is so cool, reminds me of the typical "hippy vans" that you see in 60s movies,
makes me want one, or something. They look almost organic, warm, friendly,
although they seem to always need repairs. That part I could do without.

Anyhow, yeah, this was a drastic change, and I want to know what is going on with Scar,
surely she can't be pregnant (or did the Toy knock her up when we weren't looking?), but,
there is some special person whose aura is affecting her? Maybe even teh "goddess" Ortus herself?

Wow, all around, awesome potential, and more than anything, I love how they present many more little details about this post-death, post-birth world where nonetheless they are still births (Ai) and deaths even of immortals.... seems oddly fun.

Okay enough of a rant from me.
Jul 30, 2013 9:37 PM

Apr 2013
The whole inn scene and Ai running into town gave me flashbacks to Spice and Wolf. Idk if it was the time period, the music, the sick girl in bed, or the playfully disobedient innocence. Maybe it was the mask. Yeah, I'll go with the mask.

The CGI bothered me a bit, but the overall art is pretty decent. The setup went well; at least it has me hooked enough to want to know what's going to happen next while setting a buffer between it and the big hit from last episode.
Jul 30, 2013 9:45 PM

Jun 2013
Holy crap, THAT ART! Seriously, it looked amazing when they were showing the city of the dead.

Hope Scar doesn't get herself killed by trying to bury someone, or just getting caught.
Jul 31, 2013 1:33 AM

Feb 2011
That huge amount of CG is bothering me , makes me wonder if this is really animated by Madhouse.
Jul 31, 2013 3:19 AM

Nov 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Cratex said:
kampante said:

Plus, we only have it from Hambart that gravediggers have no emotions, and he has been proven wrong before (in particularly that Ai couldn't be a gravedigger). I think both the task of burying people and the impulse to do so would make one emotionally hardened, however that isn't the same thing as saying they lack that capacity for emotion. And I think we have seen that Scar is certainly capable of emotion, no matter how much she represses it (or that coming into contact with Ai is starting to cause her to have emotions - another definite possibility).

The ambiguity on this is what makes this show fun to watch, in that this writer does answer these questions creates the expectation that we will discover the meaning for this (though perhaps not in this season).

wow i see, so they haven't actually elaborated on it yet, i thought i was missing something xD
so true, what you said about hambart being the only source of that claim + scar potentially suppressing her 'emotions'
damn, that really gets me >.< anyway thanks, you two for replying^^ !
Jul 31, 2013 4:42 AM

Aug 2011
Already missing Hamburger Helper. Sigh...
Jul 31, 2013 7:11 AM

Sep 2012
Wow, I want to see that Princess now!
Jul 31, 2013 10:44 AM

Jul 2010
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU JAPAN.

So fucking true.

Anyway, WOW, this episode amazed me. The scenary was beautiful. Also, the OST are pure GOLD. I think that blue haired guy is the new main protagonist ..?
Jul 31, 2013 1:36 PM

Feb 2013
I feel like Kiriko is up to something but i just don't know what.
Jul 31, 2013 1:39 PM

Aug 2011
I miss Humpty Hamburger now :(
Jul 31, 2013 2:15 PM
Jun 2013
ahh I can't wait for next episode. The animations are sooo pretty and there's so much eye candy.

side note: Kiriko reminds me of Kirito from SAO (probably mostly because of the name)
Jul 31, 2013 4:06 PM

Feb 2012
That conjoined twins that didn't actually look like twins thing was pretty creepy. Other than that, a good episode. The art is wonderful. And Ai looked so cute in that mask (I pretty much have a mask fetish, lol).
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jul 31, 2013 8:39 PM

Jan 2008
Still getting feels from previous episode when the ending song plays.

Anyways, that guy/girl person... was weird. So do they get seperate pages on MAL's character database?
Jul 31, 2013 10:06 PM

Jun 2013
I already miss Humpnie, but this episode was much better than I thought it would be, despite the fact he's gone. I almost teared up when the ED started playing.

Oh, and the city was absolutely beautiful. I think I'll continue keeping up with this.
Jul 31, 2013 10:57 PM
Mar 2011
shigerogo said:
Well, this one was weaker than the previous 3 episodes. I already expected a quality drop, since the most interesting character passed away, but it was still ok. Ai sure is dumb and her action to go out in the city, also she was told otherwise is also typical. Curious to see the further development of the current arc.

Question: Maybe I haven't payed attention, but is there a reason why the dead must vanish from the world? Why not just keep them be like they want and only purify those who desire it themselves?

seconding this, story quality drop and forced development. passed the graveyard of all killed gravekeepers, dont care how curious you are, you dont go into a city with million of population that will kill you. but hey shes just a kid. scar at least have a reason

good question
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jul 31, 2013 11:57 PM

Feb 2013
Well Im glad every1 is traveling together and that Scar was not retarded enough to try and bury people, I wonder if the voice she is hearing is from the princess, cuz there is something weird about her. The episode to me started out kinda normal, but ended kinda dark which I really like, look forward to more even though this was just kinda introductory I still think it was good
[/url]
Aug 1, 2013 1:02 AM

Jan 2013
I miss Humdinger Humpburger and those Awesome bad guys but guess ya gotta bury the dead or where ever this anime is goin. Animation is sweet i like when they drive VW bus into dead town everything is so Colorful. Hopefully action next time but looks like introducing characters instead of killin them Ha Ha

At first i was like nice new chick! THEN

WTF!!!!!!!
Aug 1, 2013 6:20 AM

May 2012
So Yuri got a new wife and a new daughter, lucky bastard.

01:39 LMSBO, Sukaachan you're too funny <3 daidaidaisuki

15:56 i was the one calling out to you, Sukaachan <3

18:37 T-TOO BIGGGGG

20:41 TOHHHHHH
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 1, 2013 11:30 AM
Aug 2011
-MgZ_ said:

I was disappointed at the beginning. I still don't buy this I joined your party for no reason thingy. It was the same from the start. Ai just followed Hambert without reason even though he massacred her village. Now Scare is joining up with Yuri and Ai for no reason. Why? I thought she is a full-fledged gravekeeper? God sent them to burry the dead right? She appeared out of nowhere as a gravekeeper which is kinda understandable because gravekeepers are mysterious beings. But why are they trying to make her a normal character? Even showing those fanservice and such. Seeing those dead gravekeepers in Ortus made me realize that the other gravekeepers just follows what God ordered them to. They hunt the dead to bury them - without thinking - without emotions. But why is Scar like that? Is she some kind of special gravekeeper? I don't understand.

So the lastest manga chapter(which was supposed to be part of episode 3) mentioned a few things that was left out of the anime. It somewhat explains your questions.
Aug 1, 2013 4:32 PM

Jul 2012
OutlawJess said:

I can't help to ask myself, does he/she has a wiener or not? or both
Aug 1, 2013 11:24 PM

Jan 2013
redcobrawr said:
OutlawJess said:

I can't help to ask myself, does he/she has a wiener or not? or both

Ha Ha good question! He/She has 1 BOOB so maybe both?
Aug 2, 2013 1:50 PM

May 2011
Loved the way they introduced the city, it was such a beautiful sight. But oh boy entering a place full of dead people with two gravekeepers is just a problem waiting to happen. I keep expecting something to go disastrously wrong at every corner >_>, especially with Ai's curiosity and running around carefree like that damn it.

And I am loving Scar so far. Wonder what's up with her.
Aug 2, 2013 6:54 PM

Jan 2013
RIP Hamburger Helper TT.TT

And the man woman hybrid was even more scary than the city of the dead.

The lights and the animation were amazing. I hope they keep it up.
Aug 2, 2013 6:59 PM

Jan 2013
MaxCrazy7 said:
This is one town I would stay away from!

Aug 2, 2013 9:35 PM

Jul 2010
I'm totally picked up.

This is definitely my type of series. My favorite in this year so far.
Aug 2, 2013 10:51 PM

Dec 2011
Wow, two characters in one body? This is the first time I have seen an anime character like this, even the body is half-man, half-woman.

Now, I am interested in this Urla character. I wonder why does she have restriction clothes?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2013 6:32 AM

Apr 2009
Ai is a strong girl all right. She just became an orphan 3 days ago (not to mention it was she who buried her parents with her own hands) and now has moved on, carrying memories of her parents with her.

An entire city-state of dead people, huh. If the living are normally not welcome there, then I can safely assume that as a government official, Kiriko is also one of the dead. The sight of so many gravekeeper graves are a powerful sight and a strong message - even those who have totally fallen to selfish desires will still band together in the name of self preservation. I wonder how much longer Scar can resist the urge to start burying people now that she can sense them all around her...

The huge change in mood is understandable given that the first novel, which ended last episode, was originally supposed to end there. It makes more sense given that context.
Aug 3, 2013 9:08 AM

Jul 2013
Well, something new is about to begin. The princess and double-personality creature are creepy O.o
RIP Hambart :'(
Aug 3, 2013 3:38 PM

Jan 2011
Ai is a troublesome greedy kid that doesn't give a shit about everyone else's opinion.
And all of the important™ characters have a perfect face and don't even need to wear a mask, I wonder if they're actually dead or not.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 4, 2013 2:03 PM

Dec 2012
I really love the art and Ortus is especially gorgeous with its carnival style. The half he/she certainly gave me a shock too. This reminds me a bit of Kino no Tabi meets Shinsekai Yori, I certainly want to see how this ends up.
Aug 4, 2013 7:05 PM

Feb 2011
The art was eye raping gorgeous. Scar looked really hot, but she seemed to be acting differently compared to her usual nice emotionless self when she woke up, like her telling Ai she was noisy.
Aug 5, 2013 1:43 AM

Jun 2012
Really cool episode again!!

I really like the OST that played when they entered the city.

Scar is so cool, haha.

Like Ai, I would have a huge desire to go in the city as well, the word "journey" describes it all ^^

Aug 6, 2013 10:27 PM

Mar 2013
Although I miss Kizuna, this episode was pretty good. I love how the series leaves me with new questions after every episode and reveals information little by little. I wonder what kind of beings Kiriko and the red-haired guy are.

shigerogo said:
Question: Maybe I haven't payed attention, but is there a reason why the dead must vanish from the world? Why not just keep them be like they want and only purify those who desire it themselves?

It was said on episode two that some time after people "die", survival instincts kick in and their personality changes. I guess it means that they can be potentially dangerous and start attacking the living. But it seems that willpower can delay or stop that, like what happened with the villagers in Ai's town.
Aug 10, 2013 11:49 PM

Jan 2012
Baron Ashura! xD
Aug 14, 2013 5:51 PM

Sep 2012
OMG OMG OMG SCARS OPPAIS IN THE MORNING,
seeeriously put my body through some strange feelings,

with out that ridiculous grave outfit,
shes actually quite attractive.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

372 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.