Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion

Jul 27, 2013 7:04 PM

Thought after all this time i've gotten used to the fast pace talking ...Nope! found myself replaying a few scenes when i lost my focus lol.

very good episode Why it whenever new characters pop up i always get a unsettling feel maybe it's because their always intimidating friend or foe!.

Jul 27, 2013 7:13 PM

Nice lots of characters addes now, Mr.Episode and Gaen was cool O_O. And also Koyomi's mom lol she's a lot like Senjougahara wahaha now I know why Koyomi loves her ROFL... This episode was very interesting I must say. And I think theyre hunting down Araragi? or Shinobu?
Tch.

Jul 27, 2013 7:29 PM

Araragi's mom is so pretty =)

Jul 27, 2013 7:31 PM

We need Kizumonogatari if these new characters will play important rules from now on.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 27, 2013 7:38 PM
EPISODE. HSHSHSHSHSHSHS
He acts just as awesome as I pictured while reading Kizu <3

Jul 27, 2013 7:46 PM

Marow said:
We need Kizumonogatari if these new characters will play important rules from now on.

Gaen wasn't in Kizu, just Episode. But, I agree. We need Kizu yesterday.
HELP KYOANI HEAL

Jul 27, 2013 7:58 PM

Marow said:

At this point you might as well just read the translated LN. Who knows when the movie will finally come out, and even when it does, you'll still have to wait like 6 more months for the BDs to release.

Jul 27, 2013 9:09 PM

I am loving Hanekawa's character development. :D

Jul 27, 2013 9:20 PM

Best episode so far. I was honestly a little disappointed by the past few episodes, but this one showed me that it was going to be a good season and not another Nise.

Honestly, I'm not even in the mood to discuss the episode anymore. I think I'm going to just completely abandon MAL's episode discussions in general(or at least if it is something popular where people are able to read ahead in manga or whatever)

!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.!!!!!!!!!!

It does not fucking say "unless you put it in spoilers"! There's discussions for manga or LNs for a fucking reason. Notice how a lot of people put pictures in spoilers! Yea! So don't put major fucking spoilers in them, and if you do at least put a clear warning about it. I wish mods would actually enforce that rule.

Jul 27, 2013 9:45 PM

It was a great episode. I love how Hanekawa realized what she was doing and the development she had.

Other thing I got to say is that is awesome to know someone related to Meme(I love that character)

The only thing I want to see is Araragi. 4 weeks and no Araragi.

Jul 27, 2013 10:06 PM

y did they skip chapters? i want to watch some action already!!!! if not action i want more shinobe T_T

Jul 27, 2013 11:56 PM

Holy cows.....a lot happened....and I wasn't ready.....

Still an amazing episode...as always...

Jul 28, 2013 12:44 AM

na35899 said:
i want to watch some action already!!!!

I think you may be watching the wrong show.

Jul 28, 2013 1:03 AM

After all this time we finally see araragi's mother, i was wondering if she was gonna just be one of those character that you hear some much about but never see. the we have the new chatacter on the block Gaen, Hanekawa true polar opposites since she more out going in some ways, also the inner monolog in this anime are godlike such a great cast of character.

Overall: great episode

5/5

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jul 28, 2013 1:14 AM

na35899 said:
y did they skip chapters? i want to watch some action already!!!! if not action i want more shinobe T_T
Most likely because Hanekawa's doing something when she's Black Hanekawa, and she could not remember them when she wakes up.

Most interesting episode yet. I kind of miss Araragi.

Jul 28, 2013 1:55 AM

TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:

Honestly, I'm not even in the mood to discuss the episode anymore. I think I'm going to just completely abandon MAL's episode discussions in general(or at least if it is something popular where people are able to read ahead in manga or whatever)

!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.!!!!!!!!!!

It does not fucking say "unless you put it in spoilers"! There's discussions for manga or LNs for a fucking reason. Notice how a lot of people put pictures in spoilers! Yea! So don't put major fucking spoilers in them, and if you do at least put a clear warning about it. I wish mods would actually enforce that rule.

This a fuking 100 times.

Jul 28, 2013 2:04 AM

episode 4 and still no ararararagi :c

it's kind of weird to see/hear araragi's mother. and she doesn't seem very likeable. don't get me wrong, she's not mean or anything, but rather... distanced? i guess i always imagined his mother as a really heart-warming person. i know they told a bit about her before, but still. it was kind of my headcanon.

symbv said:
Mandatory for a new character in a Shaft show LOL

Gaen-san finally made her appearance !!
ohh, she's pretty *u* i definitely want to know more about her because she seems interesting and cool.

Jul 28, 2013 4:18 AM

Barion-Zara said:
Good episode.

I don't know why but I felt that Koyomi's mom was a bit creepy. Her words were pretty deep though.

Loving Hanekawa's character development a lot though. She's the only girl I'm liking with Short hair from the new hair styles.

Koyomi's mom looks like Senjougahara in a lot of ways, lol.

And yeah I agree, short hair fits Hanekawa pretty well, I personally like long haired girls much more but Hanekawa looks even better with short hair in some scenes.

This episode was great as well, can't wait for the next one -.-''

Jul 28, 2013 6:58 AM

Oh, wow! Mama Araragi spoke and appeared for the very first time... in fact it was not until Monogatari Second did the Araragi parents even get any mention in the anime. As expected of their mother... she has the grey eyes and of course the family ahoge!

Episode. A man who was apparently part of whatever happened during Koyomi's fateful Spring Break. A half-vampire vampire hunter, huh. There's also the newly introduced Izuko Gaen... who is the senpai of all three aberration experts (or two and one fake). Here's a character who actually claims to know everything... and TOLD Tsubasa, who used to be the "know-it-all" to everyone else. She's also Suruga's relative. That's probably related to why Koyomi contacted her last episode.

If all these impressive characters are starting to assemble in the city now, I'm reminded of the reason Koyomi and Suruga had to place the seal on the decrepit snake shrine way back in Bake: is a "spiritual world war" brewing? Either way, something big is definitely going on to have these characters show up and for Koyomi to be missing for four episodes already.

I would have been surprised by the Fire Sisters having boyfriends already, but I got spoiled on that piece of info already... I should be more careful when reading threads in here. I'd love to see the scene when Koyomi introduced Hitagi to the two of them, though. It might never happen, but I can always hope.

Special ED visual card, I wonder if is this supposed to mean anything other than the Tsubasa Tiger arc is (or so I think) ending soon... especially when she mentioned something about not being able to see Koyomi again.

Jul 28, 2013 7:10 AM

SayakaMagica said:

I would have been surprised by the Fire Sisters having boyfriends already, but I got spoiled on that piece of info already... I should be more careful when reading threads in here. I'd love to see the scene when Koyomi introduced Hitagi to the two of them, though. It might never happen, but I can always hope.

Umm I'm pretty sure in Niseomongatari it is at least mentioned the Fire Sisters have boyfriends , though I don't think we hear their names.
Anyway pretty good episode, Gaen looks like a pretty cool character, but I would liked it if I knew a bit about her before they introduced her so quickly.
It looks like everything is Tsubasa fault as usual with the tiger

Jul 28, 2013 7:17 AM

Grouchio said:
Woops I let the cat outta the bag.
More like you did it with malicious intent just reading the posts you've done. Way to go genius.
What purpose did it serve when anime-only people are reading this board in regards to the 4th episode in Neko Shiro?
The spoiler doesn't hurt me but for several of them it's ruined! And I been in their shoes so I am pissed about it.

Talk about being stupid. There are other threads for that.
Why mods don't temp ban morons like that I don't know.

I suggest people NOT come to discuss the latest episodes with dumbasses on the prowl looking to ruin anime-only viewers experiences.
I've already been doing just that with some of the anime's I'm currently watching, you should too!
Modified by radle, Jul 28, 2013 7:33 AM

Jul 28, 2013 7:33 AM

SayakaMagica said:
I would have been surprised by the Fire Sisters having boyfriends already, but I got spoiled on that piece of info already... I should be more careful when reading threads in here.
The boyfriends were first mentioned in Nisemonogatari. It's in the anime too. They even said the boyfriends are a bit like their brother Koyomi.

Modified by symbv, Jul 28, 2013 7:41 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Jul 28, 2013 7:41 AM

^ You can try to report the offending articles by pressing the Report button at the lower right corner of the post. Mods do not read every thread so may miss problematic posts. I have reported one post in this thread, but perhaps you can report your find to the mods too.

JOHJ said:

"Bad politics?"
Really?
TL Note, 苛政 means "tyranny" not "bad politics."
The translation of this is so much better in the LN: "No fiercer a tiger than the inflaming of tyranny."
The sub is laughably off the mark. At least they give how the idiom is pronounced in Japanese (Kasei wa tora yorimo takeshi).

Anyway, just some trivia knowledge. The idiom 苛政は虎よりも猛し was actually rooted from a Chinese idiom 苛政猛於虎 which came from a story in Book of Rites about Confucius asking a woman why she would not move to somewhere else even though her husband and her son were killed by tigers roaming the area and he got the answer that she would rather live in this tiger-infested area than moved to an area under harsh rule (苛政).

Chinese original text here:
Modified by symbv, Jul 28, 2013 7:52 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Jul 28, 2013 7:44 AM

Such an interesting episode!! And that cliffhanger!! DX
Hanekawa looked cute in that blue shirt, and Gaen had a certain flare about herself too XD

Jul 28, 2013 8:00 AM

In agreement in almost everything on Koyomi's mom. This is the first Ep of this season I've really gotten into, and pft cliffhangers.

Jul 28, 2013 8:07 AM

symbv said:
^ You can try to report the offending articles by pressing the Report button at the lower right corner of the post. Mods do not read every thread so may miss problematic posts. I have reported one post in this thread, but perhaps you can report your find to the mods too.

JOHJ said:

"Bad politics?"
Really?
TL Note, 苛政 means "tyranny" not "bad politics."
The translation of this is so much better in the LN: "No fiercer a tiger than the inflaming of tyranny."
The sub is laughably off the mark. At least they give how the idiom is pronounced in Japanese (Kasei wa tora yorimo takeshi).

Anyway, just some trivia knowledge. The idiom 苛政は虎よりも猛し was actually rooted from a Chinese idiom 苛政猛於虎 which came from a story in Book of Rites about Confucius asking a woman why she would not move to somewhere else even though her husband and her son were killed by tigers roaming the area and he got the answer that she would rather live in this tiger-infested area than moved to an area under harsh rule (苛政).

Chinese original text here:

Tangong (Part 2) if I remember correctly. I believe I actually saw this story in an anime or manga, maybe Shin Angyo Onshi (doesn't make sense since it's SAO is korean lore) but I don't remember.

Jul 28, 2013 8:09 AM

Ugh.. Still waiting for Commie subs!

Jul 28, 2013 8:10 AM

TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
symbv said:

Yea, that's a good idea thanks. I was too pissed off to even think of doing that. :(
Spoilers are a growing problem on the forums this week alone i encountered six threads full of spoilers i guess the mods must be making overtime correcting them all.
The number of spoilers for several anime really stands out this season.

Anyway about this episode.
It showed the complexity of the Japanese and Chinese writhing system with the sign for fire having several meanings and being part of several words.
I guess people who don't know much about Japanese writhing and who don't watch much anime had a problem understanding what Hanakawa was talking about.
She did explain her reasoning tho.

Seeing Gaen Izuko i can understand why Meme and the others always talk in riddles since their senpai does as well.
They also have in common that they all wear weird clothes which can be linked to certain styles of the past 30 years.
I still would like to learn more about them i guess we will get to see that in next arc, hopefully.

This is the first time we got to see one of Araragi's parents and honestly i didn't expect his mother to be like that.
She seemed like a very serious person who cares about her family.

Jul 28, 2013 8:14 AM

Aversa said:

Seeing Gaen Izuko i can understand why Meme and the others always talk in riddles since their senpai does as well.
They also have in common that they all wear weird clothes which can be linked to certain styles of the past 30 years.
I still would like to learn more about them i guess we will get to see that in next arc, hopefully.

Gaen speaks in riddles? She was flat out telling Hanekawa what's going.

Jul 28, 2013 8:23 AM

quite a boring ep

Jul 28, 2013 8:26 AM
Gaen and Mr. episode, now who the heck are those?

Man, no Hanekawa panty shots?
Modified by Baddie007, Jul 28, 2013 8:33 AM

Jul 28, 2013 8:41 AM

Gah, quality sub needds time I suppose...

Where are the exciting parts?? I am really bored of Hanekawa.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys

Jul 28, 2013 8:59 AM

mugimugi said:
Aversa said:

The Kako part was a riddle.
She didn't gave a straight answer about that instead let Hanekawa find out the answer herself.

Jul 28, 2013 9:04 AM

Aversa said:
mugimugi said:
Aversa said:

The Kako part was a riddle.
She didn't gave a straight answer about that instead let Hanekawa find out the answer herself.

Because it's important that she's has to find out how to solve this by herself.

Jul 28, 2013 9:20 AM

God I love hanekawa, I can't wait till the next episode!

Jul 28, 2013 9:33 AM

Mamaragi reminded me of Senjougahara.

Jul 28, 2013 10:17 AM

Durbikins said:
Mamaragi reminded me of Senjougahara.

I'm sure Freud would have something to say about that.

Jul 28, 2013 10:24 AM

Her eyes looked similar to Karen's and she got the ahoge. She also made one move Koyomi did in Nise (chin up). I don't see any similarities to Senjougahara or Ononoki (read that on another forum..)

Jul 28, 2013 10:46 AM

Was this the end of Nekomonogatari?

Jul 28, 2013 10:59 AM

No.. 5 episodes.

Jul 28, 2013 1:16 PM

It was... meh, boring.

Jul 28, 2013 2:09 PM

just watched the sub version.. *FINALLLLYYYYY!!!! XD"
damn this episode is really cool XD
Episode show up and gaen.. still have no idea it is she/he XD

btw the tiger called what? "kora?" I forget about it..
I really curious how hanekawa will solve her problem XD

and btw that scene when hanekawa taking picture wearing araragi's uniform XD

Misiakk said:
It was... meh, boring.

I see you are not understand.. just dont watch it.. simple and easy

AlexTheRiot said:
Episode episode!

I didn't think he would look so young, he looked older than that in the Kizu preview, but whatever he's half vamp. Gaen was just what I expected.

REALLY TRUE! XD
I was think episode was a bit older.. but what the hell? XD he is really young XD

VioLink said:

Gaen looks so chill 10/10

yeah.. and she/he is really annoying -_- anyway this character is good XD

VioLink said:
The scenery in this show is amazing:

Modified by Katyo-, Jul 28, 2013 2:15 PM

Jul 28, 2013 2:31 PM

- Episode's voice is just like what i imagined XD

- Koyomi's mom was so.. hot. and i freakin like that ahoge

- i love the illustration on the ending credits part. did Vofan draw it? similar style

- Yay, Hitagi <3

- i already miss Mayoi :(

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|

Jul 28, 2013 3:16 PM

so, a pair of annoying characters showed up... and Yotsugi's coming too? I hope they're not scheming something evil.

I need more Mayoi, Shinobu and Black Hanekawa and Nadeko's welcome too. Wonder when Araragi is gonna come back.

EDIT: Oh, and these LN spoilers are effin annoying.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.

Jul 28, 2013 3:42 PM

Yeah, Hanekawa is finally ready to face the tiger and if i understood it right only she can do it. Anyway, am I supposed to know this "Episode" guy? Hm, I guess I gonna go check this up now and then rewatch that part.

Jul 28, 2013 4:02 PM

WingsOfValor said:
Yeah, Hanekawa is finally ready to face the tiger and if i understood it right only she can do it. Anyway, am I supposed to know this "Episode" guy? Hm, I guess I gonna go check this up now and then rewatch that part.

You'd only know him if you've read Kizu.
HELP KYOANI HEAL

Jul 28, 2013 4:24 PM

They really should have released the Kizu movie already, becuase I have no idea who Mr. Episode is. And it looks like we're supposed to know who he is.

Also, Dramathurgy? What?

Jul 28, 2013 4:50 PM

Mormegil said:
They really should have released the Kizu movie already, becuase I have no idea who Mr. Episode is. And it looks like we're supposed to know who he is.

Also, Dramathurgy? What?

Episode, Dramaturgy and Guillotinecutter (who Araragi also mentioned in Nise) are all vampire hunters that appeared in Kizumonogatari.

Jul 28, 2013 5:11 PM
Misiakk said:
It was... meh, boring.

silversaint said:
quite a boring ep

I can't believe there are still people like this here. This is the third season. You'd think they'd know what to expect by now.

Jul 28, 2013 5:17 PM
I don't think this episode was too fair with Kizumonogatari still not being aired.
Because everyone who didn't read Kizumonogatari wouldn't know who Episode is and what they're talking about.

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »